October 26, 2014 | 1278 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Mia

rated 3 of 5 on 9/29/2011 11:00:00 PM More reviews by Anniej825

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

disappointed :(.....i thought this was gonna be a holy grail product. i got this for my birthday back in august and i see barely any difference in my skin. its a little smoother i guess but thats it i was hoping that this would clear up some of my clogged pores but it didnt. first week i started using this i went through the "purging" phase and i got very big break outs i didnt freak out because this is what happened to many others and i was hoping when the break outs cleared up my skin would look great. unfortunately after i passed the phase my skin looked exactly the same. it feels like i couldve gotten the same results with just an exfoliater from the drugstore. i will continue using this just because it was so pricy and it does remove makeup pretty decently. it feels like the mia didnt work on me because my acne/clogged pores r from teenage hormone changes and what not and not because im not cleansing my skin well.(if that makes sense) maybe itll work better after my teenage years(16 btw)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2011 10:30:00 PM More reviews by ljamison

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am 47 and have had very dry flaking skin especially on my forehead. It's bad in winter but was also bad this summer. I also usually get clogged pores on my nose. I researched the Clarisonic before but didn't purchase due to price. A salesperson at Dillards convinced me that I had to exfoliate more so the products could do their job. I used to exfoliate about once per week. I began using this product daily with a Lancome cleanser designed for dry skin. What a difference the Clarisonic made! I have not had flaky skin or clogged pores since beginning to use it two weeks ago. The products do soak in and work much better now. It was not too harsh to use it twice daily which I did the first week. I would recommed this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2011 2:18:00 AM More reviews by theinflightradio

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Edit: I was going through my reviews and realized that I had not given this wonderful product an update! Well, by the use of that adjective, I think you can see where this is going. I absolutely love my Mia. It was a pricey investment but so well worth it to get the piece of mind that my face is as stripped of makeup as it can be. As an acne-prone girl with uneven skin tone, I admit that I pound the makeup on every day. Because of this, the Mia is essential for me in making sure every last drop of it is scrubbed off at the end of the day.

Okay, so I'm starting a review although it's been barely a week since I started using this. For starters, I am going through a bit of a purge phase that is freaking me out. Thanks to this awesome regimen from my derm, I haven't had a pimple like the bad old days in forever. Unfortunately, the Clarisonic has cropped up a few cystic pimples that are giving me flashbacks... However, I know this is all part of the process and if I've been through it once before, I can go through it again. Besides, I've been hibernating at home so I'm not too devastated by this. I will continue to update this as I use it, but so far I've noticed that my skin has felt a lot smoother and my pores do seem to be getting a bit tinier. So far, so good!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2011 5:32:00 PM More reviews by jairae

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

After reading tons of hype on blogs and everywhere else, I bought a Mia. I got the light pink one and I use it in the morning and evening. When I first used it I felt the vibrations and thought "that's it?" But it's much more effective than you initially think. It tickled like mad when I first used it around my nose, but I've gotten used to it. I've been using it for 2 weeks now and I've noticed a drastic improvement in my skin. My skin is oily and tends to get very congested even though I exfoliate regularly and use deep cleaning masks, but this is the only thing that has cleaned my pores so deeply they appear smaller (I use the deep pore brush). I have a "glow" now, and the tiny little bumps on my forehead are nearly all gone. The light acne scars on my cheeks are fading, the congestion in my cheeks and around my nose is gone, and my skin is smooth and evenly toned.
I use PanOxyl Acne Foaming Wash 10% with the Mia and the combination is proving to be the HG for me. DEFINITELY worth the price!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2011 5:34:00 PM More reviews by ArizonaAngel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have had this for almost a year actually. I got a good deal from an online shop with 20% off so I picked it up. When I first got it I used it day and night and it dried out my skin. After that I found myself barely reaching for it, feeling to "lazy" to even pick it up once a week or so. Over the summer I decided to give it another go or give it away and started using it at night after I remove my make up. It cleanses very well and it deep cleans my pores, which I like. I don't find that it enables me to skip other things such as an exfoliator or make up remover (I use an oil to cleanse my make up off first otherwise the brush gets really glunky). It doesn't save me time either. It doesn't dry me out at all now that I only use it once per day. However I don't at all think this is a necessity for me. I like it and I would probably repurchase again.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2011 2:58:00 AM More reviews by jabugha

I've used the Mia daily for over 6 months now and I love it. My skin is normal to oily in summer and is not sensitive. I can't say if my skin has dramatically improved because of the Mia (for me the change has to be REALLY noticeable) since I started using various new products around the same time as I got my Mia. I do think my skin is better though I still get slight bumps along the forehead. I use it only at night to take off my makeup and I can say the Mia takes off all my makeup perfectly without using a makeup remover first. In that way, it saves me so much time at night, so now even when I feel lazy, I never go to bed without removing my makeup. The Mia helped me get into a good habit of always cleansing my face. If I'm really tired, all I do is use the Mia, no moisturiser after - done in one minute! And it seems to work with just about any cleanser - gel, Cetaphil, cream, oil - I've tried them all.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2011 8:07:00 PM More reviews by uyai

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is a great tool for removing makeup, and that's pretty much all I use it for. It leaves my skin feeling so clean and allows my moisturizer to work better after using. In regards to it clearing breakouts and brightening the skin, I haven't really noticed a difference in that. However, it has changed the texture of my skin for the better as it used to feel very lumpy but now it feels a lot smoother. I use it 3 or 4 times a week - any more and my skin gets irritated and starts flaking (I use the sensitive brush head). Very expensive but a worthwhile purchase if you want to make sure your makeup is properly removed.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2011 7:51:00 PM More reviews by ari496

i love this. i use it daily. it exfoliates and deep cleans. i use it at night because it makes skin temporarily red. i have had such horrible problems with acne and enlarged pores, but this solved it! it really got deep into my pores. i also use it on my lips for 30 sec to plump them up a little ;) its just a great product that i think everyone should own. there cant possibly be any complaints. nothing compares to this. i recommend it to everyone!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2011 9:45:00 PM More reviews by randi2515

Don't even know where to start with how great this thing is! Wish I had purchased this years ago! Have been using this for several weeks now and my skin has never looked better. It absorbs moisturizers so much better I can't believe it. I feel like I have perfect skin now. Have been using this with my Purpose cleanser and Walgreen's Alpha Hydrox 8% cream. Love them all. The first few times the Clarisonic may have irritated my skin a bit but no problems since. If you are on the fence about purchasing this, just do it!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2011 1:40:00 AM More reviews by kathy427

I love my clarisonic mia so much that I wanted to write a review on it after my first use. This is definitely an investment item, but I don't regret buying it at all. I've had clogged pores for over a year (I didnt do much about the clogged pores, simply b/c I was pregnant and didn't wanna use any chemicals on my skin at that time), after using the clarisonic mia for a month, my pores are now unclogged and my skin never felt so soft. For $149 USD, it really is a very expensive item, but it saves me alot of money in the long run. I no longer need to buy an exfoliator. I no longer need to buy a cleansing product especially for makeup removal (it does a great job in removing makeup too). And I no longer need to buy a toner. I no longer need to use blotting papers and I can now use less powder for setting makeup (there's definitely less oil secretion after using the clarisonic). I no longer use liquid foundation in my makeup routine (because the clarisonic really clears my skin) One other great thing is that my skin care products absorb so much better. I have oily skin, I can now use heavy creams (even in the humid summer temperature) and my skin won't feel greasy.

A fully charged clarisonic lasted me two whole weeks. I use it every night and morning when i have extra time (saturdays and sundays only).

Ladies out there hesitating to buy the clarisonic? Give Mia a try.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No