Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash

2.8

Active: Salicylic Acid (2%), Other: Water, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Propylene Glycol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, C12-15 Alkyl Lactate, PEG-80 Sorbitan Laurate, Disodium EDTA, Benzalkonium Chloride , Yellow 5, Red 40, Fragrance 07/2013

on 4/26/2008 8:26:00 PM

I decided to search in Makeupalley before buying this product and read a lot of bad reviews, but finally decided to buy it anyway.. And I have to say, IT'S GREAT !
A lot of people complain that this product dries your skin out, and in my case, it didn't. I'm 16, my skin is very oily (specially in the T zone) and acne prone, and after using this, for the first time ever, I felt my skin really CLEAN and absolutelly SOFT, as I have never seen. And the good thing is that this clean sensation sticks, you don't feel your face all greasy three yours after washing it ! I haven't used it enough to say if helps for the acne problem, but just for keeping my skin clean and smooth all day long and with a matte effect that really lasts I would buy it again.
Have to say either, that the texture of the product is great and only a little you put in your hand you can wash the whole face with a creamy scum. I have a very sensitive skin and allergic to a lot of products (gets all red and burned out) and I was surprised I didn't get anything from these one.
My only complais are about the smell (not so good) and the packing which took me like 15 minutes to understand how it works (but I finally got it !)
For those with really oily skin,you'll not regret buying this, is worth your money !

PS : sorry for my bad english, I'm brazilian..

on 4/23/2008 4:34:00 PM

i used this before when i was in my teens, i didn't like it.
it's tooo over-drying and didn't seem to do anything.

on 4/18/2008 5:46:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Might work for other people's skin, but definitely not for me...I had allergic reaction to this product.

on 4/17/2008 7:27:00 PM

Eyes: Violet

So far i have been using this product and my skin has gotten a bit drier. But i dont know if that is supposed to happen. I placed some of the product on my cheeks with all the whiteheads, it is slowly clearing up. My doctor recomended Neutragena, so i will continue.

on 4/17/2008 5:11:00 PM

I gave this five lippies, because it's a staple for me. HOWEVER, I don't use it on my face at all. I found it ineffective on my face. I use it in the shower with a long-handled scrubbie on my back. It's the best for preventing bacne! (And if you really want a one-two punch at bacne--say you're doing a lot of sports or other activities that can cause a flare-up--use this daily, and add on Clinique's Acne Solutions Body Treatment spray a couple times a week.)

on 4/16/2008 6:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

It's an okay product. Pretty normal - nothing spectacular.

I don't think it works as an acne wash though - the salicylic acid concentration isn't high and it's just average.

on 4/10/2008 11:16:00 PM

I had a bad experience with this product. Didn't do anything for my acne and oily face, and it made my complexion so dull.

on 4/8/2008 12:19:00 PM

I've been using the foam version for a week now and so far I'm happy! It has significantly reduced the amount of oil on my face and the need for blotting throughout the day. My pores seem cleaner (no new breakouts yet) and I actually LIKE the scent of the product. I've been using this AM & PM but am thinking of finding something slightly less drying for night. I have had no problems with severe dryness or flaking while using this, and always follow my cleansing with a hydrating serum. Will update if anything drastic happens!

Its harsh on my skin on its own. But if I use the foam cleanser and add aveenos calming cleanser in foam to it, its perfect :)

on 3/29/2008 12:52:00 PM

This is a good cleanser for clearing blemishes and reducing oil on my oily, sensitive, acne prone skin. However, after using it for several days it does begin to dry my face out really bad.I find the most effective way for me to use this is wash with it first on my breakout areas only, and then wash all over with my Purpose Cleanser. The Purpose helps to balance out the dryness. It does suck to use two cleansers...but when I have a breakout the Purpose alone just isn't enough.So far this is the best combo for my skin. continued >>