Bare Escentuals Matte Foundation spf 15

3.4

ACTIVE Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 15% and Zinc Oxide 5% INACTIVE ingredients: Lauroyl Lysine, Silica, Calcium Silicate, Soil Minerals. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides

on 12/14/2009 9:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

better container than the original mineral powder because it clicks shut. i was pretty excited when this came out because my face is always shiny by the end of the day. i think it has a slightly finer texture than the original. i use this as a setting powder, not as a foundation, but for this purpose it works quite well. i have to purchase the fair and fairly light and mix them because the fair is too pink and the fairly light is too dark.

this is quite mattifying and i think if someone doesn't have oily skin this might make their complexion look ruddy.

on 12/14/2009 4:10:00 AM

i hate the original be, but this one is amazing...coverage is super buildable wihout ever looking cakey..jar is great, feels great, application takes 2 seconds ( no need for buffing), grabs to the skin, lasts all day, stays matte...LOVE. best thing is pores appear a lot smaller, when i wear this i never get breakouts

on 12/12/2009 10:27:00 PM

I've tried the regular BE foundation, but really didn't like it. I have combination/oily skin, so the regular foundation looked a little shiny on me. Also, the coverage was not the greatest.
After reading some reviews, I decided to try the matte foundation. I absolutely love it! It covers my minor acne scars, blends well, and keeps my skin matte for most of the day. I have extremely sensitive, acne-prone skin, so I need a foundation that is going to cover AND heal. This is perfect!
It is a little expensive - I paid $28 at Sephora for it. I really like this product, however it's a bit pricey.
I was the shade "fairly light" in the regular foundation, so I assumed I was the same shade in the matte foundation. I was wrong. "Fairly light" looks a bit orange on me for the matte line.
Overall, I love this product - recommend it to anyone with sensitive, oily, breakout-prone skin. Works wonders!

I LOVE BE foundation but I dislike this!
Matte is cakey & heavy &..BLAH....

I went back & re-bought the original..Now I look air-kissed again :)

I think the Matte stinks...

on 12/11/2009 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm one of those who HATED BE original. the bismuth completely tore up my skin - it was NOT pretty. Bismuth is NOT in MATTE! not only are you spared from looking like a glowing alien (original made you shine) but you're also not ripping up your face with an irritant like Bismuth. (obviously not all people have a bad reaction...)

My skin seriously has never looked better. I have dry skin, slight rosacea - and after a week of wearing BE Matte - my skin is even and healthy. shocking. I guess it has some of the "rare minerals" night treatment in it - but I'm not sure what those are really - supposed to help with cell turnover, i think. So, its a foundation and a treatment.

I apply a thin layer - and follow w/ Hydrating Mineral Veil. It takes about 20-30 min for the minerals to warm up in your skin and not look like you have dry powder on - but after that, my skin looks amazing.

I've also heard you can put minerals in your brush and warm them w/ a hair dryer before applying if you're in a rush - but I've never tried it.

I love that i can spot conceal with the same product, too. I always start with a tiny drop of Prime Time Primer on my face - and the foundation lasts ALL DAY.

overall, I've never been happier w/ a foundation. shocking really, because I used to hate BE so much.

I wear Matte Fairly Light, and I'm NW20-25. it's a perfect match (but runs darker than the original formula)

on 12/9/2009 2:56:00 PM

When I was in high school, they used the original bare minerals on me for my junior prom. At the time, I had gotten a burn on my lip from wax. I was so impressed with the coverage that I bought a kit. Doing it myself I was unimpressed. After another mineral foundation started to irritate my skin, I went to a Bare Escentuals store to try matte. I really do like it a lot and I will never go back to another powder foundation. I've had great results and it doesn't irritate my skin like the other one. I'm not a fan of the price, but it lasts a while. Also, the packaging with this one is a lot better than original. My only draw back is that if I wear it all day, I'm no longer matte. I get a bit shiny on my nose and forehead. I've started using primer to keep it set. Great product! Definitely would recommend to anyone!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I was a bit hesitant buying another expensive pot of Bare Minerals Foundation, but when I saw the set on sale at Ulta for $30, I just went for it. Whenever I use normal Bare Minerals, by the end of the day it becomes visible and separates on my face in spots, making me look like a cheetah. But, the promise of this was "matte," so I decided to go for it. I'm so glad I made this purchase! It is like the original formula but so much better. I find that it does control oil, and doesn't have nearly as much of that sparkly mica mess. Love! Will definitely purchase again and again!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This wasn't the worst mineral product I tried, but it was no where near the best either. It provided a light coverage at most and to keep me from looking like a desert, I needed a tinted moisturizer underneath. Just not a good product if you need a medium coverage.

on 12/3/2009 10:16:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love Bare Minerals Love Matte! I just bought it this week in the sample box, comes with medium beige color and the Kabuki brush. I first put a light moisturizer on my face as a base, did all my eye make up while I let it sink in, and then starting the Swirl, Tap and Buff. I probably did 2 layers of coverage, I wanted to see if this actually gave nice coverage in comparison to my liquid foundations...it does! It left my skin matte, with a slight glow. I put a little blush on and a tiny bit of powder but other than that, the foundation really made me glow ! My skin looks really healthy and I am not oily when I get to work. After 7-8 hours of work day, I am a little shiny , but nothing a little dusting of powder won't fix. Also just bought the concealer for under eyes, that is a little more difficult to use, but it does have natural coverage too. Thanks Bare Minerals!

on 12/3/2009 1:51:00 AM

I love the new matte formula. It doesn't have as much coverage as the original, but it also doesn't enhance my acne scars and large pores as much as the original. For this, I am grateful. I noticed that even though the formula is matte, it still leaves my skin with radiance and my blush stands out more. For a few of my really deep pit scars on my nose, I use dr. Brants pore refiner, then dust be matte on top. Its great together. I wouldn't say its the ultimate mattifying mineral powder because I'm still shiny after a few hours, but I've excepted my oily skin.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Review/Comparison: BareMinerals vs. It Cosmetics Celebration Foundation Illumination by TheKatalicious17

Top Rated Bare Escentuals Products