Bare Escentuals Matte Foundation spf 15

3.4

ACTIVE Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 15% and Zinc Oxide 5% INACTIVE ingredients: Lauroyl Lysine, Silica, Calcium Silicate, Soil Minerals. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides

on 12/11/2009 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm one of those who HATED BE original. the bismuth completely tore up my skin - it was NOT pretty. Bismuth is NOT in MATTE! not only are you spared from looking like a glowing alien (original made you shine) but you're also not ripping up your face with an irritant like Bismuth. (obviously not all people have a bad reaction...)

My skin seriously has never looked better. I have dry skin, slight rosacea - and after a week of wearing BE Matte - my skin is even and healthy. shocking. I guess it has some of the "rare minerals" night treatment in it - but I'm not sure what those are really - supposed to help with cell turnover, i think. So, its a foundation and a treatment.

I apply a thin layer - and follow w/ Hydrating Mineral Veil. It takes about 20-30 min for the minerals to warm up in your skin and not look like you have dry powder on - but after that, my skin looks amazing.

I've also heard you can put minerals in your brush and warm them w/ a hair dryer before applying if you're in a rush - but I've never tried it.

I love that i can spot conceal with the same product, too. I always start with a tiny drop of Prime Time Primer on my face - and the foundation lasts ALL DAY.

overall, I've never been happier w/ a foundation. shocking really, because I used to hate BE so much.

I wear Matte Fairly Light, and I'm NW20-25. it's a perfect match (but runs darker than the original formula)

on 12/9/2009 2:56:00 PM

When I was in high school, they used the original bare minerals on me for my junior prom. At the time, I had gotten a burn on my lip from wax. I was so impressed with the coverage that I bought a kit. Doing it myself I was unimpressed. After another mineral foundation started to irritate my skin, I went to a Bare Escentuals store to try matte. I really do like it a lot and I will never go back to another powder foundation. I've had great results and it doesn't irritate my skin like the other one. I'm not a fan of the price, but it lasts a while. Also, the packaging with this one is a lot better than original. My only draw back is that if I wear it all day, I'm no longer matte. I get a bit shiny on my nose and forehead. I've started using primer to keep it set. Great product! Definitely would recommend to anyone!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I was a bit hesitant buying another expensive pot of Bare Minerals Foundation, but when I saw the set on sale at Ulta for $30, I just went for it. Whenever I use normal Bare Minerals, by the end of the day it becomes visible and separates on my face in spots, making me look like a cheetah. But, the promise of this was "matte," so I decided to go for it. I'm so glad I made this purchase! It is like the original formula but so much better. I find that it does control oil, and doesn't have nearly as much of that sparkly mica mess. Love! Will definitely purchase again and again!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This wasn't the worst mineral product I tried, but it was no where near the best either. It provided a light coverage at most and to keep me from looking like a desert, I needed a tinted moisturizer underneath. Just not a good product if you need a medium coverage.

on 12/3/2009 10:16:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love Bare Minerals Love Matte! I just bought it this week in the sample box, comes with medium beige color and the Kabuki brush. I first put a light moisturizer on my face as a base, did all my eye make up while I let it sink in, and then starting the Swirl, Tap and Buff. I probably did 2 layers of coverage, I wanted to see if this actually gave nice coverage in comparison to my liquid foundations...it does! It left my skin matte, with a slight glow. I put a little blush on and a tiny bit of powder but other than that, the foundation really made me glow ! My skin looks really healthy and I am not oily when I get to work. After 7-8 hours of work day, I am a little shiny , but nothing a little dusting of powder won't fix. Also just bought the concealer for under eyes, that is a little more difficult to use, but it does have natural coverage too. Thanks Bare Minerals!

on 12/3/2009 1:51:00 AM

I love the new matte formula. It doesn't have as much coverage as the original, but it also doesn't enhance my acne scars and large pores as much as the original. For this, I am grateful. I noticed that even though the formula is matte, it still leaves my skin with radiance and my blush stands out more. For a few of my really deep pit scars on my nose, I use dr. Brants pore refiner, then dust be matte on top. Its great together. I wouldn't say its the ultimate mattifying mineral powder because I'm still shiny after a few hours, but I've excepted my oily skin.

on 12/1/2009 6:20:00 PM

I purchased the original Bare Esentuals foundation a few years ago. I used it for a couple of days and every day I had a few new cystic pimples so I stopped using it. I did like the subtle glow and the coverage but I just couldn't deal with those breakouts. When the matte version came out I decided to try it because I read that it was not breaking as many people out as the original version. Well, no breakouts and the packaging is awesome but those are the only postives for me with this foundation. I knew it would be matte from the name but I just didn't like the finish. It clings to any dry spots I have and seems to bring out dry areas I didn't even know I had. Also I find the coverage to be very light. I am almost out of this foundation and to use the rest of it up I am just using it as a finishing powder over a liquid foundation. All in all I don't hate this but it's just not meant to be for me.

on 11/29/2009 9:42:00 PM

Holy crap, this stuff is awesome. I'd been using the original BE formula on and off for a few years but heard about the formulation changes for the matte and decided to try it. It's great for a number of reasons. 1) The finish is gorgeous. There's no shine, just a soft focus flawless matte finish. The finish is matte, not dull, which I think is a key distinction. 2) Packaging - the sifter mechanism on the jar is so much more convenient than the old packaging (with just a few holes). It will now be possible to travel with this foundation without worrying about a suitcase full of powder. 3) I truly believe this foundation has helped my skin. I happen to be hormonal this week and I always break out - since wearing this foundation, I have had two pimples go down in a couple of days. This is nothing short of miraculous.

I have been wearing this foundation topped with the regular mineral veil, with Mally 3-step concealer system. I have gotten so many compliments on my skin over the past couple of days - I think I'm a user for life. It's great!!

on 11/28/2009 2:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

So i finally found my HG foundation!!! Super excited!!! My skin is extremely acne-prone to pretty much every foundation out there. And this foundation is a miracle to my skin. On the box it said that it improves skin over time, and i was pretty skeptical. I even laughed with my friend about how absurd it would be for a foundation to improve your skin. Well the foundation actually improved my skin after 2 uses!!!! That quickly!! just amazed! I also thought that this foundation would oxidize on my extremelyyyy oily skin, but it surprisingly did not! However, as excited about this foundation as i am, it isnt perfect. The coverage is light to medium, and with my acne scares it doesn't really do much to cover them. But all you really need is some concealer and a good setting powder that offers some coverage such as a pressed powder. Oh and the key is the brush too! I use the ELF powder brush and it does an amazing job of providing coverage. I tried using a kabuki but it didnt do much. So with a concealer, pressed powder, and a great brush I actually got full coverage with my foundation. Another thing to mention is the how well it controls shine and oil. honestly with my oily skin, i get shiny within 2 hours i would say (but with my skin type that is already good enough for me). The weird thing is that even though i get shiny, my face isnt as only as it would be with any other foundation. So this foundation helps control oil, but i wouldnt say so about shine lol..if that makes sense. Also, becuz it helps control oil, it actually lasts much longer than if i used liquid foundation. So i guess the only thing i dont like about the foundation is the coverage, and shine control. But becuz this foundation has continued to give me a better complexion on my natural skin, and great coverage with the proper tools, i will continue buying it over any foundation that would give me "flawless skin". AND one last thing i forgot to mention is that besides improving the complexion of my skin, after i started using this i stopped growing gigantic cystic pimples!! A! MAZ! ING!

on 11/28/2009 1:28:00 AM

I absolutely LOVE matte. I have been wearing the original formula for about 5 years off and on, always hating how my oily skin looked so shiny from it, turns out thats because it has a soft luminosity. I can get an amazing coverage whether it be the matte or the original... alot of women think that it is a much lighter coverage than the original but its not... its just that the original's luminosity defuses any imperfections, bumps, scars, pores etc and the Matte just sits flat on the skin with no softening light effects, so it seems like its not covering as well, it is... its just not giving the illusion of softening everything as easy and quick as the original.. also, I feel like the colors are the same, but because you're using more to cover your imperfections, your color can become too dark or orangey, especially if you are wearing one of the golden shades like light, golden medium, warm tan, golden dark or golden deep and you happen to be more of a neutral/ beigy shade. I personally use Oil control prime time, summer bisque, and medium beige matte applied with the handi buki brush, my favorite! I prefer a VERY full coverage and I also go about 10 hours with no touch ups... if you apply it correctly, its possible!