January 30, 2015 | 1076 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - Matte Foundation spf 15

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2009 7:27:00 PM More reviews by redweddy

I've been using the original BE foundation for about 3 years (I threw away all other foundations I had) and decided that while I really love the dewy look I get from the original, I wanted to use less of the mineral veil by getting the matte formula. So I went ahead and bought a pot from Sephora...and I wasn't disappointed! I LOVE the matte foundation! I can even skip mineral veil in the mornings now because I don't become "too dewy" with this new formulation. I still love the original formula though -- especially when people have told me the dewy look makes me glow...but for now, this new matte foundation is my HG! :-)

rated 1 of 5 on 11/25/2009 7:24:00 PM More reviews by ClarinetChica004

I actually really love the new matte version of BE foundation. Used to use the regular version but it just got to shiny looking and I dont think anyone is a fan of looking like a greaseball.
Love the new packaging the twist and lock top makes it so less messy an no more having to worry about accidently knocking it off the counter and loosing it all.
Didn't personally notice much of a color difference in my shade fair but then it might be different for someone else.
The only small thing I dont like is that yes the coverage is more sheer than the original. For me though I can have a heavy hand at times so this helps me actually but I can see why some would be dissapointed.
Less product than the original to for $3 more which I didn't like. But a jar does last me a very long time 6months usually.
Overall I like the finished look my skin has with this version almost airbrushed(use a kabuki brush), less shiny, pores less visiable.
Will more than likely continue to use the new matte version.

UPDATE: I really really wanted to love this....been using for over a month and it has broken my skin out very badly I NEVER break out this bad. Love the coverage and finish it leaves on my skin but NOT for these breakouts....so back to the original Bare Minerals I go.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2009 7:05:00 PM More reviews by HotCurry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I used the original for years, and got a nice large sample of the new Matte formula from Sephora. Well I was very underwhelmed. It's not bad, just nothing special, and easily duped or outperformed by drugstore brands. My main beef with this version is its lack of coverage. It's too sheer, and doesn't hold up well on my oily skin like the original formula does. If you prefer a more matte look than the original BE gives you, my suggestion would be try Everyday Minerals, they offer 4 diff. formulas and at much lower prices. I just love the glowy look from the regular BE, so gotta pass on this one! Oh yes, I almost forgot to mention, the colors do run darker in the Matte version. I use Medium Tan in the regular and in the Matte it was much too dark.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2009 6:13:00 PM More reviews by happybananerz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff is pretty good. I've used the regular for about 3 years, and while it was also nice, it made my face oily a little too quickly. This gives me maybe an hour or two more until I have to blot, but that's ok. The regular gives more coverage, but I can deal with the matte's sheerer coverage. The original "light" color was too pink for me. The matte on the other hand has a bit more yellow to it, but if too much is applied it can look orange. Overall, it's a good product, except the fact that it costs more and there's less of it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2009 1:04:00 PM More reviews by andToto2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I used regular Bare Minerals foundation for several years, both liked and disliked it, and eventually the negatives outdid the positives, and I gave it up. I was glad to get a sample of the new Matte formula to try. And I really don't like it.

I find the coverage to be poor and it accentuates every poor on my face. Even with a primer underneath, it did not look good. The first time I tried it, I left it on all day, and realized that one of the problems I had with the original is the same with the matte: by noon, I look washed out and like I never put any makeup on. It also made my combo skin look dry and flaky. The second time I tried it, I washed it off immediately because it just looked so bad. Then I threw it away.

I agree that this seemed to run more yellow than the same color in the original, but for me that was ok, since I have yellow undertones. One thing that was strange for me was that the matte made me itch. I never had that problem with the original, while I know many did.

Would not buy.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2009 12:54:00 PM More reviews by Courtloux128

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm a huge fan of Bare Escentuals so when they came out with a matte version I had to try it. I love it! It has the same coverage as the original but with better staying power on my oily skin and it helps keep the shine away longer than the original.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/25/2009 12:19:00 AM More reviews by felinius

I got myself a free sample at Sephora instead of buying it. Happy I didn't. With someone who has acne scars, this didn't really do much to cover those scars -or- level out my face color. Ugh!
It went on pretty well though, no doubt about that. Just that the coverage really sucked so that it looked like I wasn't wearing anything in the first plae.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2009 9:27:00 PM More reviews by FeatherHen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Grey

I really like this version of BE. The original version made me look like the Tin Man and it also made me ITCH like crazy. It wasn't until reading here that I learned about the bismuth.

I used to use the "fairly light" in the original formula but I like "light" in the matte better. I'm not noticing it turning orange on me; however I don't look in the mirror much during the day. I don't need a lot of coverage, but do have some sun damage and uneven skin tone. This works great. Oh yeah, and the new packaging is fabulous! Four lippies.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/18/2009 10:23:00 PM More reviews by asianeyecandy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I never tried the original formula for fear that it might irritate my super sensitive skin. So when this came out, I thought I may as well give it a shot.

More about my skin: combination, mac nc25-27, lots of hyperpigmentation + scarring (some pitted scarring), and uneven skin tone.

Pros: It REALLY did seem good for my skin. I LOVED how healthy it made my skin look and feel for the two weeks I wore it. Did not irritate or break me out in any way and it actually improved my skin for the time I wore it. Big plus in my book.

CONS: Seemed a bit chalky going on and the coverage really sucked. It did cover up redness but didn't do anything for my scars. I wore "light" and it was a good match but it seemed to turn orange/darker as the day wore on. Strange as that has never happened to me with any other face makeup ever. It also didn't last very long and I had to retouch 4-5 hours later and I'm not even that oily around this time of the year.

Overall, I liked that it was great for my skin, but I absolutely hated the finish and the coverage. I sooo wanted to love this..unfortunately...I had to break up with BE Matte.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2009 9:35:00 PM More reviews by Rezarific

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to love this product, but found the color (Fair) to be enough unlike the Fair in the original foundation that I am no longer a color match, and that's the lightest one they make, so I'm out of luck.

The other problem, and this may be related to the color-matching issue, is that instead of hiding/covering my acne and acne scars, the Matte foundation actually clumps around them and highlights them--draws them out in detail for everyone to see much better than if I weren't even wearing makeup. Yikes! The original Bare Escentuals foundation is my HG anyway--I'll stick to that, thanks.