October 22, 2014 | 1967 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - Matte Foundation spf 15

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2009 9:27:00 PM More reviews by FeatherHen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Grey

I really like this version of BE. The original version made me look like the Tin Man and it also made me ITCH like crazy. It wasn't until reading here that I learned about the bismuth.

I used to use the "fairly light" in the original formula but I like "light" in the matte better. I'm not noticing it turning orange on me; however I don't look in the mirror much during the day. I don't need a lot of coverage, but do have some sun damage and uneven skin tone. This works great. Oh yeah, and the new packaging is fabulous! Four lippies.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/18/2009 10:23:00 PM More reviews by asianeyecandy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I never tried the original formula for fear that it might irritate my super sensitive skin. So when this came out, I thought I may as well give it a shot.

More about my skin: combination, mac nc25-27, lots of hyperpigmentation + scarring (some pitted scarring), and uneven skin tone.

Pros: It REALLY did seem good for my skin. I LOVED how healthy it made my skin look and feel for the two weeks I wore it. Did not irritate or break me out in any way and it actually improved my skin for the time I wore it. Big plus in my book.

CONS: Seemed a bit chalky going on and the coverage really sucked. It did cover up redness but didn't do anything for my scars. I wore "light" and it was a good match but it seemed to turn orange/darker as the day wore on. Strange as that has never happened to me with any other face makeup ever. It also didn't last very long and I had to retouch 4-5 hours later and I'm not even that oily around this time of the year.

Overall, I liked that it was great for my skin, but I absolutely hated the finish and the coverage. I sooo wanted to love this..unfortunately...I had to break up with BE Matte.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2009 9:35:00 PM More reviews by Rezarific

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to love this product, but found the color (Fair) to be enough unlike the Fair in the original foundation that I am no longer a color match, and that's the lightest one they make, so I'm out of luck.

The other problem, and this may be related to the color-matching issue, is that instead of hiding/covering my acne and acne scars, the Matte foundation actually clumps around them and highlights them--draws them out in detail for everyone to see much better than if I weren't even wearing makeup. Yikes! The original Bare Escentuals foundation is my HG anyway--I'll stick to that, thanks.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2009 4:35:00 AM More reviews by maybelle

I use the color medium beige, and I actually bought this in a kit from Ulta for $30 (then went back recently and bought the same kit with a coupon). The kit comes with the matte foundation, flawless face brush, mineral veil and face moisturizer, all trial sizes, and was a pretty decent deal. I don't use heavy foundation...I like using the matte foundation to set my concealer, which I absolutely need, and even out the skin a bit, but I don't use a lot at all. My trial size will last me a while. I do like this matte foundation...I tested out the regular one and found I didn't like the bit of shine it had. I have only ever used one other mineral foundation, by Avon, but the formula changed with the new ones, and I have to use two colors to match my skin. The medium beige in BE works really well for me.

Edit: Ever since buying the proper brushes, I have noticed an improvement in application and lasting power. This is working much better now.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2009 10:48:00 PM More reviews by Dolce222

I hated the BE original formula...The original one made my face shiny and break out. I really wanted to like it since it gave such good coverage and it's apparently "better for skin." I got a sample of the matte in fairly light a couple days ago and have been trying it out. I have combination skin and it kept my skin matte for hours! I would definitely purchase the full size. One lippie off b/c even though the coverage is good, it still doesn't give me the airbrush look that liquid foundations give.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/11/2009 1:56:00 PM More reviews by henrieka

I got a generous sample of this in a swap, and was excited to try it. I had bad luck with the original formula (too shiny), but this seemed like a great product to cover up redness and small imperfections. Well... As others have noted, the fairer colors are rater yellow/orange, and on my fair skin, it looked a bit too yellowish (lightest color available). I found that coverage had to be built up, and I don`t have a lot to cover. It didn`t stay matte for more than an hour or so, but the worst part was the way my skin looked after 4-6 hours of wear. It accentuated every pore on my face, and looked downright awful. Not cool!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/6/2009 12:21:00 AM More reviews by dani7865

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Well, I thought I was going to like this. When I first put it on the finish was nice, matte, but not too matte. Fairly sheer, but just enough coverage. Not too itchy like the regular BE, but I did get a bit of an itch for some reason, and I don't get and itch with ANY other mineral makeup, so that was weird. So I though it looked pretty good....at first!!! Within 1 hour, my normally fairly oily face had separated into patches of powdery goo on my face, trapped in pores and in crevaces on my face....this has NEVER happened to me with any other makeup I have used. I go oiler with this makeup than ANYother I have ever used, and I never did anything different with my routine....same moisturizer, prep/prime, etc....don't know why, but this did not work for me, and it looked AWFUL, except for about the first 1 hour. I will definitely be returning this one to Sephora. Only thing I liked was the packaging. :(

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2009 5:10:00 PM More reviews by queensfashionista

I love love love the new packaging. Finally I don't have to worry about powder getting all over my vanity or my makeup case. Bare Escentuals if you are reading this please consider adding resealable sifters to all of your products as I see the #1 complaint with your products is the mess.

The coverage is not as well as the original formula but you can layer it without it looking cakey. It does keep my face from looking like an oil slick by mid afternoon.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2009 12:33:00 PM More reviews by buttercup3

I love the packaging, and it has really good coverage. Just go to Sephora to try it out first, you will love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2009 11:39:00 AM More reviews by lmaliski

I have extremely oily skin, and I use powder "foundations" rather than liquid because I molt by mid day. I decided to try the SPF version of Matte because I am outside quite a bit. I've only been using this product for 2 weeks, but so far so good. I only need to touch up once a day, whereas with my previous powder foundation I was touching up 3-4 times a day. Matte is very sheer on my skin, doesn't even look like I'm wearing anything but yet controls the shinies and covers my sun spots nicely. I even use it as a concealer around my eyes. I only gave it 4 lippies because I haven't quite tested the SPF qualities of it yet.