April 17, 2014 | 942 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - Matte Foundation spf 15

rated 2 of 5 on 9/22/2009 3:14:00 PM More reviews by redqu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Yuck! This product went on looking good, but after only a couple of hours had set into my pours and made my face really greasy. If the matte formula was this bad, i can't image how the original formula is so popular. Definitely did not look or feel natural on my combination skin. Maybe it is better fit for someone with older and dryer skin. And no brush comes with it (- - -). Was really disappointed.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/22/2009 2:29:00 PM More reviews by alohadiva

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

No good. A few hours into wearing this, my face is shiny shiny shiny. Sticking to Benefit Hello Flawless.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2009 12:49:00 AM More reviews by kiaboo1980

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really love this product. I love the original formula too, but this one is better at controlling oil. I like that the coverage is sheer and buildable. My shade is Golden Deep and it is so natural looking. You know, I'm so glad they have realized that not all dark skinned women have red or blue undertones. The yellow/golden undertone is very natural. I always get compliments on my "great skin", lol. It feels so light and stays put all day. I also spray MUFE mist and fix on the top for extra oil control. The sifter was a brilliant idea. Now, if they could just improve those brushes...

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2009 8:17:00 PM More reviews by emmlovesmakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i love love love this product.it stays on for a while,you do have to fix it in the middle of the day but idc.i have very oily skin so that probaly is the main reason it does that.the coverage is medium,i need concelor underneath but im ok with that.it looks really good on my skin.feels very light

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2009 11:07:00 AM More reviews by tsaraya29

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Much Better!! I've always liked the idea behind BE foundation - light-weight mineral makeup that's healthy for skin, doesn't cause breakouts, and looks completely natural. But I must admit, I didn't love them until now. I would use BE on and off, especially when my skin was experiencing breakouts or issues. I knew that I could use the original mineral foundation without any problems, but I simply did not love the way it looked on my skin especially right after application. There was always that weird shine that looked more metallic than dewy on me. It would generally go away after the foundation 'warmed up' to my skin, but I didn't care for the extra shine.
The new matte foundation looks much better than the original and makes my skin look natural and flawless. Also a while ago, BE expanded its line to include more shades for deeper tones which provide a far better color match than when the foundation was originally introduced - therefore no more mixing shades. I must admit I am in love! I use the Golden Dark shade (NW45 ref) which is the summer shade; in winter I go to Warm Tan, and I( look forward to buying this in the matte shade. Zero ashy or metallicky effect.
For my application, I still use my Bobbi Brown foundation stick as concealer under my eyes and where I need additional coverage. Then I simply buff a very small amount of BE matte foundation around and ívoila! perfection!
Another plus is the new design of the foundtion jars. The sifter can now be closed by turning ( similar to a salt shaker). If you simply turn and close the top, you don't have to worry about all of the foundation spilling loose and opening it up to a mess. And for the price you get a lot of product.
Absolutely wonderful. Kudos Bare Minerals!! You got it right this time!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/17/2009 3:53:00 AM More reviews by amandapaije

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I HATE this product.
I love bare minerals (the original). It feels so light on my skin, it covers my face evenly, it doesn't clog my pores and break me out like other foundations have in the past. I also like that I don't have to use a lot to cover my red spots and it never feels heavy on my face. I have been using the product for years and have even recruited others as members of the bare minerals fan club. I was so very excited about the new matte foundation. I really like trying new products but in the past few years have never tried a new foundation, I haven't needed to, so you can imagine my excitement with this product. The sales woman at Sephora even raved about it. She said that she doesn't even use Bare Minerals but she loves this stuff. Anyway, I got it home and I really like the new sifter thing. I have wasted so much product in the past by it spilling out and everywhere and then I pick too much up on my brush and have to tap it out into the container thing only to have it just spill out into the cap the next time I use it. This seemed like it would eliminate the problem. I don't know and I don't intend on giving it a chance to see if my theory is correct. I hate, hate, hate, hate this product. I have dry skin but I put on moisturizer and a hydrating primer before applying my foundation and I never have a problem with my skin drying out, but with this, omg, i put it on and it instantly dried my skin out! It is also a different color than the others. I use the Light foundation and so I got the Light matte and my face looked orangish. My face looked dry and orange! I showed my boyfriend thinking that maybe it was just in my head and I was being too critical of the stuff, so I asked him what he thought and he said that my makeup looked cakey, I looked in the mirror again and sure enough, around my cheeks the foundation had gathered together, didn't smooth out and it looked like I had been icing Halloween cupcakes and the orange frosting dried on my face. I went to take off the makeup and my cotton was completely orange with makeup, it looked like I had put on 4 layers of makeup with I really just had on 1. On the upside, it did minimize my pores but I defiantly won't be using this again.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 9/16/2009 11:55:00 AM More reviews by Zelicious

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is such crap it's ridiculous. You get less product for more money. I HATE the new top. It does not make things less messy. It traps some of the powder in the plastic and you end up wasting a lot. I didn't even think the originally was messy or needed any changing. I tried this because I do get oily around my nose and have to blot during the day AND this doesn't have bismulth(s.p). It doesn't cover NEARLY as well as the original, and the colors ARE DIFFERENT. It definitely essentuated my pores!! I just had to powder my nose and I've only had this stuff on for about 3 hours. It feels different on the skin, in a bad way. It's more yellow than the original. If you like the original but have a more yellow skin tone and you don't have anything you're trying to cover up and you have the tiniest pores in the universe then maybe this would work for you. I'm returning this ASAP.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/15/2009 6:53:00 PM More reviews by MarifreakinA

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm always looking for a foundation that will keep my skin looking matte (I love Revlon Colorstay and Estee Lauder Double Wear), but I always like natural looking make up for days that I don't need as much coverage. I thought this would be my HG light coverage foundation, unfortunately, I was wrong. Not only did this not give me the coverage I desired, but about 3 hours after I put it on my face would get oily. I think this is for people that have combination skin and not really oily skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2009 9:27:00 PM More reviews by jhoggan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

So I got this over the weekend and used it this morning (I have used Light in the winter & Medium Beige in he summer). I was very happy with the coverage and it did make my pores look smaller. I didn't need to reapply and it lasted all day. I will use this the rest of the week and then post an update. So far, definitely would repurchase.

UPDATE: much prefer the matte version to the original. I use my Clarisonic in the shower, then apply my oil-free moisturizer & eye cream, then the BM right after and VOILA poreless skin.I love the new packaging too - no product isn't wasted.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/14/2009 5:23:00 PM More reviews by quelani

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

What I look for in a foundation is that it doesn't feel heavy, evens out my skin tone, lasts more than a couple of hours, and that it doesn't make me look like a "grease ball" by the end of the day. Never tried any Bare Escentuals product before. Got interested in this since it says "matte" on it. Having oily skin, and trying almost every foundation ever made, I decided to give this a try. It also seems that people really like this foundation. However, I don't like it at all. It does feel light on the skin. And when I applied it, it did even out my skin tone. However, the shade - medium beige- was too light for me. But, the next darker one was too dark. I bought the medium beige because I thought being too light would be better than being too dark. My issue with this foundation is that it did not lasts long on my face. After just a couple of hours, my face looked greasy. When it seems like I put a lot on, because it is starting to look cakey, I still get the greasy look. I even use the primer that goes with this for oily skin. Really not impressed. Still on the hunt for a foundation that will, at least, keep my oily skin from looking more oily in just a couple of hours.