December 21, 2014 | 1697 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - Matte Foundation spf 15

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2009 6:13:00 PM More reviews by happybananerz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff is pretty good. I've used the regular for about 3 years, and while it was also nice, it made my face oily a little too quickly. This gives me maybe an hour or two more until I have to blot, but that's ok. The regular gives more coverage, but I can deal with the matte's sheerer coverage. The original "light" color was too pink for me. The matte on the other hand has a bit more yellow to it, but if too much is applied it can look orange. Overall, it's a good product, except the fact that it costs more and there's less of it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2009 1:04:00 PM More reviews by andToto2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I used regular Bare Minerals foundation for several years, both liked and disliked it, and eventually the negatives outdid the positives, and I gave it up. I was glad to get a sample of the new Matte formula to try. And I really don't like it.

I find the coverage to be poor and it accentuates every poor on my face. Even with a primer underneath, it did not look good. The first time I tried it, I left it on all day, and realized that one of the problems I had with the original is the same with the matte: by noon, I look washed out and like I never put any makeup on. It also made my combo skin look dry and flaky. The second time I tried it, I washed it off immediately because it just looked so bad. Then I threw it away.

I agree that this seemed to run more yellow than the same color in the original, but for me that was ok, since I have yellow undertones. One thing that was strange for me was that the matte made me itch. I never had that problem with the original, while I know many did.

Would not buy.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2009 12:54:00 PM More reviews by Courtloux128

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm a huge fan of Bare Escentuals so when they came out with a matte version I had to try it. I love it! It has the same coverage as the original but with better staying power on my oily skin and it helps keep the shine away longer than the original.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/25/2009 12:19:00 AM More reviews by felinius

I got myself a free sample at Sephora instead of buying it. Happy I didn't. With someone who has acne scars, this didn't really do much to cover those scars -or- level out my face color. Ugh!
It went on pretty well though, no doubt about that. Just that the coverage really sucked so that it looked like I wasn't wearing anything in the first plae.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2009 9:27:00 PM More reviews by FeatherHen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Grey

I really like this version of BE. The original version made me look like the Tin Man and it also made me ITCH like crazy. It wasn't until reading here that I learned about the bismuth.

I used to use the "fairly light" in the original formula but I like "light" in the matte better. I'm not noticing it turning orange on me; however I don't look in the mirror much during the day. I don't need a lot of coverage, but do have some sun damage and uneven skin tone. This works great. Oh yeah, and the new packaging is fabulous! Four lippies.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/18/2009 10:23:00 PM More reviews by asianeyecandy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I never tried the original formula for fear that it might irritate my super sensitive skin. So when this came out, I thought I may as well give it a shot.

More about my skin: combination, mac nc25-27, lots of hyperpigmentation + scarring (some pitted scarring), and uneven skin tone.

Pros: It REALLY did seem good for my skin. I LOVED how healthy it made my skin look and feel for the two weeks I wore it. Did not irritate or break me out in any way and it actually improved my skin for the time I wore it. Big plus in my book.

CONS: Seemed a bit chalky going on and the coverage really sucked. It did cover up redness but didn't do anything for my scars. I wore "light" and it was a good match but it seemed to turn orange/darker as the day wore on. Strange as that has never happened to me with any other face makeup ever. It also didn't last very long and I had to retouch 4-5 hours later and I'm not even that oily around this time of the year.

Overall, I liked that it was great for my skin, but I absolutely hated the finish and the coverage. I sooo wanted to love this..unfortunately...I had to break up with BE Matte.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2009 9:35:00 PM More reviews by Rezarific

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to love this product, but found the color (Fair) to be enough unlike the Fair in the original foundation that I am no longer a color match, and that's the lightest one they make, so I'm out of luck.

The other problem, and this may be related to the color-matching issue, is that instead of hiding/covering my acne and acne scars, the Matte foundation actually clumps around them and highlights them--draws them out in detail for everyone to see much better than if I weren't even wearing makeup. Yikes! The original Bare Escentuals foundation is my HG anyway--I'll stick to that, thanks.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2009 4:35:00 AM More reviews by maybelle

I use the color medium beige, and I actually bought this in a kit from Ulta for $30 (then went back recently and bought the same kit with a coupon). The kit comes with the matte foundation, flawless face brush, mineral veil and face moisturizer, all trial sizes, and was a pretty decent deal. I don't use heavy foundation...I like using the matte foundation to set my concealer, which I absolutely need, and even out the skin a bit, but I don't use a lot at all. My trial size will last me a while. I do like this matte foundation...I tested out the regular one and found I didn't like the bit of shine it had. I have only ever used one other mineral foundation, by Avon, but the formula changed with the new ones, and I have to use two colors to match my skin. The medium beige in BE works really well for me.

Edit: Ever since buying the proper brushes, I have noticed an improvement in application and lasting power. This is working much better now.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2009 10:48:00 PM More reviews by Dolce222

I hated the BE original formula...The original one made my face shiny and break out. I really wanted to like it since it gave such good coverage and it's apparently "better for skin." I got a sample of the matte in fairly light a couple days ago and have been trying it out. I have combination skin and it kept my skin matte for hours! I would definitely purchase the full size. One lippie off b/c even though the coverage is good, it still doesn't give me the airbrush look that liquid foundations give.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/11/2009 1:56:00 PM More reviews by henrieka

I got a generous sample of this in a swap, and was excited to try it. I had bad luck with the original formula (too shiny), but this seemed like a great product to cover up redness and small imperfections. Well... As others have noted, the fairer colors are rater yellow/orange, and on my fair skin, it looked a bit too yellowish (lightest color available). I found that coverage had to be built up, and I don`t have a lot to cover. It didn`t stay matte for more than an hour or so, but the worst part was the way my skin looked after 4-6 hours of wear. It accentuated every pore on my face, and looked downright awful. Not cool!