Bare Escentuals Matte Foundation spf 15

3.4

ACTIVE Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 15% and Zinc Oxide 5% INACTIVE ingredients: Lauroyl Lysine, Silica, Calcium Silicate, Soil Minerals. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides

I have used the original BM foundation for a while, and although it worked fine, I also found that it didn't look like I was wearing anything and it made very little overall difference in the look of my skin. I had tried a sample of the Matte in Fairly Light in the summer, and it was too light for me, so again, it didn't really make much of a difference.

I ordered this in Light from Sephora last week. I was a little worried that the colour wouldn't match properly, as I'm a Light in the regular BM as well and according to reviews on here, the shades don't always match. However, when I compared the two side-by-side, it looked like they were almost the same, although the Matte has a bit more yellow/orange in it. I'm Asian so my skin has yellow undertones anyway.

Anyway, I really liked the look of it right away. My skin isn't really oily, but it's prone to shine, and I liked how it felt velvety on my skin instantly. I used a bit more (as recommended on here) and my skin had a nice airbrushed appearance, I was really happy with it and the colour was a good match. I dusted some of my new Illuminating Mineral Veil on top and it gave me a nice glow. I loved it!

A few hours later, the foundation has warmed up to my face and it's taken on a nice dewy look. I like it a lot and don't mind that my face isn't perfectly matte, as I used the illuminating mineral veil to give myself a bit of a glow anyway.

The only thing I'm a tiny bit concerned about is that it's winter right now and super cold, so my face is drier than usual, and I hope that this foundation won't expose any flakiness. However, I've been using a new creamier moisturizer though, so hopefully that keeps my skin hydrated.

Just OK. I tried the original, but hated how shiny it was on my skin. I felt like it made my pores and any fine lines and wrinkles more obvious. So I like that they came out with a matte version. The container is also a big improvement as it allows you the option of closing the sifter. The main problem is that the coverage is very minimal -no where near as good as the original. It works for the most part because I have decent skin, but I have redness around my nose and the occasional blemish and even if I try to build the coverage it just isn't there.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I always wanted to try bare minerals. I never did though and for years, I've been trying cheaper versions of mineral make up and found that it was breaking me out. It was the bismuth oxchloride stuff in it.
Bare minerals matte doesn't have the bismuth oxychloride, I know the regular formula has it in it though.
The packaging on this is an improvement too, it's got a little cover inside you can close so the powder doesn't fly everywhere.
I don't like liquid foundation, I'm very oily and it just slides right off my skin. The bare minerals is so good at controlling my oiliness. I use HD powder to set my under eye concealer and I put some on my oily t zone, then I put the bare minerals over. I like that there is no shimmer to this stuff, I've spent most of my life trying to keep my skin from looking shiny. I find that I can put this on in the morning, forget about it and when I get home at night it's still looks nice and natural. The only problem I have is my nose it gets shiny about 4-6 hours into the day, but with my oily skin that's some sort of miracle. I use the lightest color they make fair, and it's a really good match for my pale pale pale skin.
I just wish it wasn't so expensive. I know, given the ingredients, it's not that expensive to produce. This drives me crazy about cosmetics in general, there really is no need for them to be so expensive. A lot of the time you are paying extra for a name. I bought mine at half price on ebay, came in the box and everything. If I find a deal on a lot of these on there I will stock up. It's $28, which to me is way to expensive for any cosmetic.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

I have been using BE for about 2.5 years now and started using the matte in October. I have oily skin, so this has definitely helped to control the shine. The matte works a lot better for my oily skin than did the original. The packaging is a lot better than the original, since it has an adjustable lock, so the foundation won't be pouring out of the container onto the lid like the others do.
The only drawback is that after about 3-4 hours my skin gets oily and gets shiny, but I use either blotting papers or the mineral veil for it.

I highly recommend the matte for people with oily skin! I think it was made especially with us in mind :)

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I used the original bare minerals and liked it, but this is better for my skin type. I don't really like typical liquid foundations because they make me feel dirty. I love that bare minerals is healthy for your skin and feels very light while providing a nice even skin tone. I don't think it's amazing by any means, my skin doesn't look THAT much different with it than it does without it. But, it helps to control the oil, so it's nice. I apply it with the lancome mineral foundation brush which is much softer and much more plush than any of the bare minerals brushes. Try it if you aren't a fan of traditional foundation, but want a little oil control and a light coverage for your skin. The spf is a nice bonus in phoenix.

I started using the original BE mineral foundation about 4 years ago. Loved it at first, but as time went on, started to feel like I was super oily halfway through the day, and it felt and looked like the foundation was literally sliding off my face. I started using the Matte this week, and I am in LOVE! Perfect, natural coverage, pore-minimizing, and looks fresh all day. I'm a dental hygienist, and am constantly wearing a mask, and so far, the Matte hasn't rubbed off at all! I've even gotten compliments for the last two days since I've been wearing it about how great my skin looks! Yay! I will definitely purchase this again - excellent product!

I had high hopes for this foundation after hearing all the hypes.It does a decent blotting job,but when you just put it on,it almost looks a little bit chalky. The staying power is only about 3-4 hours,I have combo to oily skin,normally in winter times I am not that oily even in the t-zone.Compare to the Maybeline Dream Matte Powder,this one is over priced and hard to carry around in my purse.I would not purchase this again!

I gave this product a 3 out of 5. It was OK. Definitely not what I had hoped or expected...

PROS:
-It isn't shiny like the original formula
-It doesn't seem to clog pores or cause breakouts (been using this for about a week)
-The new sifter top with the click lid is nice because I can control how much is coming out at all times
-Feels velvety on my skin

CONS:
-It doesn't stay matte very long
-You really have to prep your skin in order for it to go on smooth and even. One time, I got a spot on my skin where it was completely darker in one area and lighter in the next because my moisturizer hadn't gone on evenly

All in all, I don't think I will repurchase once this is out. I'll stick to just using my Almay concealer only.
-It doesn't cover very much.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I LOVE this foundation! Before this I was using MAC Studio Tech (NC40-44) but it cause me to get more acne breakouts than usual. So I decided to change to Bare Minerals. Since the Matte version had just launched I decided to try that out. Once the MA in the Bare Escentuals stored applied it on me(Med Tan) I FELL IN LOVE with it. Doesn't feel like I have it on. Medium to full coverage. It was $28. Not big of a price difference compared to MAC. I've been using it almost every day for about 3-4 months & I'm just half way so it's worth it's price. The best thing of all it REALLY helped my face to clear up AND my pores started to get smaller! I'm so serious this is the best thing I have used! I would definitely with out a doubt purchase it again!

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

I'm olive skinned with super oily skin and this product has been my savior! It can be drying for those with already dry skin but works great on oily skin. The coverage is amazing, doesn't make me look ashy if you try to build the color. My one problem is their color range, I wished it was more, I'm kinda between the medium beige and medium tan but I'll deal with it! Love my air brushed skin!

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Review/Comparison: BareMinerals vs. It Cosmetics Celebration Foundation Illumination by TheKatalicious17

Top Rated Bare Escentuals Products