September 22, 2014 | 1834 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - Matte Foundation spf 15

rated 1 of 5 on 11/11/2009 1:56:00 PM More reviews by henrieka

I got a generous sample of this in a swap, and was excited to try it. I had bad luck with the original formula (too shiny), but this seemed like a great product to cover up redness and small imperfections. Well... As others have noted, the fairer colors are rater yellow/orange, and on my fair skin, it looked a bit too yellowish (lightest color available). I found that coverage had to be built up, and I don`t have a lot to cover. It didn`t stay matte for more than an hour or so, but the worst part was the way my skin looked after 4-6 hours of wear. It accentuated every pore on my face, and looked downright awful. Not cool!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/6/2009 12:21:00 AM More reviews by dani7865

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Well, I thought I was going to like this. When I first put it on the finish was nice, matte, but not too matte. Fairly sheer, but just enough coverage. Not too itchy like the regular BE, but I did get a bit of an itch for some reason, and I don't get and itch with ANY other mineral makeup, so that was weird. So I though it looked pretty good....at first!!! Within 1 hour, my normally fairly oily face had separated into patches of powdery goo on my face, trapped in pores and in crevaces on my face....this has NEVER happened to me with any other makeup I have used. I go oiler with this makeup than ANYother I have ever used, and I never did anything different with my routine....same moisturizer, prep/prime, etc....don't know why, but this did not work for me, and it looked AWFUL, except for about the first 1 hour. I will definitely be returning this one to Sephora. Only thing I liked was the packaging. :(

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2009 5:10:00 PM More reviews by queensfashionista

I love love love the new packaging. Finally I don't have to worry about powder getting all over my vanity or my makeup case. Bare Escentuals if you are reading this please consider adding resealable sifters to all of your products as I see the #1 complaint with your products is the mess.

The coverage is not as well as the original formula but you can layer it without it looking cakey. It does keep my face from looking like an oil slick by mid afternoon.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2009 12:33:00 PM More reviews by buttercup3

I love the packaging, and it has really good coverage. Just go to Sephora to try it out first, you will love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2009 11:39:00 AM More reviews by lmaliski

I have extremely oily skin, and I use powder "foundations" rather than liquid because I molt by mid day. I decided to try the SPF version of Matte because I am outside quite a bit. I've only been using this product for 2 weeks, but so far so good. I only need to touch up once a day, whereas with my previous powder foundation I was touching up 3-4 times a day. Matte is very sheer on my skin, doesn't even look like I'm wearing anything but yet controls the shinies and covers my sun spots nicely. I even use it as a concealer around my eyes. I only gave it 4 lippies because I haven't quite tested the SPF qualities of it yet.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2009 9:48:00 PM More reviews by naturalome

I love the new matte formula and will continue buying this instead of the regular formula. The regular formula was good but left my skin shiny mid-day, requiring m.veil. Since I have shiny/oily skin, this works all day without touchup. I have no complants about the coverage on my redness/blemishes because I have always had to use the bisque for my problem areas. This product is great for my skin!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2009 9:06:00 PM More reviews by tinknsparkle

I think that overall this is a good foundation for light to medium coverage. It doesn't cover some of my blemish scars as good as other foundations but it is really good for days when i dont feel like being totally made up. I also like that it has sunscreen. Thats one less thing i have to do in the morning.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/1/2009 8:27:00 PM More reviews by tweetiebird

My skin is super oily so I was thrilled to hear the matte one came out so I could finally get in on the mineral makeup hype - I bought this earlier this fall when it was first released at $28US. The Sephora SA matched me to a medium which is a good color for me (MAC NC35, Chanel medium beige).
I don't get the hype though - it's basically just a loose powder. I get the same look/effect if I apply my usual powder foundation with a brush. It doesn't seem to have lessened breakouts and since the coverage is lighter than my usual powder foundations, I'm usually shiny by mid-morning.
It's an OK product for me but I doubt I'll buy it again. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2009 5:59:00 PM More reviews by eccentric

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been using Bare Minerals foundation for years and bought the matte formula shortly after it was released. I really like it! With the other non-matte formula my face got oily throughout the day and I would have to touch up often. With the matte, I'm not shiny, without being overly cakey/powdery. And no breakouts. Also, I love the new packaging - I can take the foundation anywhere with me now, without worrying that it's spilling all over my purse. Simple but amazing feature. :)

rated 2 of 5 on 11/1/2009 12:14:00 AM More reviews by vanillafuzz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

It is definitely matte! I have rather oily skin and this kept my skin shine free most of the day. However that was the only highlight of using this powder. It looked very chalky on me regardless of the brush I used. I even sprayed a light mist of water on my face and it still looked chalky.