August 1, 2014 | 1879 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - Matte Foundation spf 15

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2009 2:49:00 PM More reviews by sanyav

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

After using the original for over a year, and trying the new version, I've realized that what I need is a mixture of both! I like the coverage of the original version but don't like the sheen or the large pores that I had with just this. The matte formula takes away the sheen and minimizes the pores. But I dont want to look completely matte and lifeless and the coverage is kinda light. So I actually use one over the other: first apply a layer of the original BE and then dust lightly the matte BE. And Love the Coverage this way!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/25/2009 8:15:00 PM More reviews by Juhhhnelle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I lovelovelove this product! Im very happy with it. I bought this product about 2 weeks ago at Ulta for i think 28 dollars. It is very matte and doesnt make your face look oily at all. The one downer about this product though is that its coverage is light to medium. I wish their coverage was a little better but oh well. Overral im pretty satisfied with this product, Oh yeah sometimes my skin can be fairly dry and when i apply the foundation on (or almost any powder) it kind of sits ontop of your skin and you can see the powder...which isnt very cute. All i usually do is spray a little of the Mac Fix Plus spray on and it helps the skin soak up the foundation. I think you could also just spray some water on and it will soak it up.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/25/2009 5:46:00 AM More reviews by Samantha1224

I just bought this product on Ebay because it was about 5 bucks cheaper and so far i like it. The coverage is light to moderate I'd say but with some concealer it covers well. It doesn't accentuate my pores like the original and it doesnt make me all shiny and oily looking like the original. Im acne-prone so I will update if it breaks me out! A good primer is key for mineral makeup.
UPDATE: this foundation started making my face itch like the original formula unfortunately... It only gets itchy when Im outside or just hot and sweaty. I've moved on to this foundation by Palladio called wet/dry foundatiom amd I absoltely love that stuff (check out the reviews on it!)

rated 3 of 5 on 10/24/2009 3:14:00 PM More reviews by androniki

It is matte...it stays on and covers well. But something in it still made my skin itch and had a rash. I'm very disappointed.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2009 12:42:00 PM More reviews by camillacamilla

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Well, it certainly is MATTE. No shimmer in this one, unlike the regular formula. I like the new sifter jar-they should switch all their products over to this type jar. It isn't as messy and would be much more convenient for travel. The color I chose- light- is different than it is in the regular formula. The regular formula "light" shade is a pretty perfect match for my skintone. The matte "light" however IS darker- slightly to the orange side.It also claims to be infused with the "Rare Minerals Active Soil Concentrate", which would explain why this foundation feels like Rare Minerals on the skin. I can't really say I would repurchase this. The lack of shimmer and the jar are great, BUT the orangy shade and the fact is DOES feel like Rare Minerals outweighs the good.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2009 4:54:00 PM More reviews by cookayhaikoo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I had been wearing the original formula for about 2 years. I bought the matte foundation and i LOVE IT. It doesn't leave my skin dry like the other formula did (unless I made sure my skin was VERY moisturized). I love how it feels and looks. Plus, the sifter was a GREAT idea. It is kind of expensive, but it's not bad for your skin and it lasts a LONG time. I am probably going to put away my original formula and stick with matte.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2009 6:39:00 PM More reviews by L22nene

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had a bad experience with the original formula so i didn't run to try this product when it first came out. After doing some research on youtube and here, I became curious. I've been having horrible break outs lately and unfortunately I think it's due to the liquid foundation I've been using. So I headed off to Ulta and was happily assisted by a sales associate. She "matched" me in a light shade, NOW, with the previous formula I was using medium beige and even felt I should be using the medium tan, and with liquid foundations I def. don't go anywhere near the "light" shades. She was just so complimentary and saying she loved how it looked on me, ( I know, i'm so gullible) but I honestly did enjoy the coverage I saw in the store so I purchased it. I think I probably could have gone a bit darker, maybe even the medium tone, but I guess at this point we'll have to wait and see. So far I am loving the feel of this formula, don't feel like I have anything on, my skin feels "clean" and just overall very lightweight but it's definitely providing the right coverage for my current problem skin. I did notice that my pores looked HUGE when she was finished applying the product, but after she applied the mineral veil and the warmth it minimized this quite a bit. Anyway, overall a 4/5, if I return this it'll probably be to find a better suited shade.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2009 8:30:00 PM More reviews by ashley920

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

omg i couldn't waitttttt to log on & review this product! I just recently did a review on Bare Minerals & i think i gave it a 3/5 or 4/5. I'm very veryyyyy oily & foundations just add more grease to my face so i stick with powder. The thing i didn't like too much about BM is that it never left my face matte. No matter how much i would pile on my face, my cheeks, nose, forehead was still shiny & "dewy" looking..which just makes it look like my face is already shiny after 5 mins when i walk out the door. & also, by the end of the day, it seems like the color "sinks in" & turns me a little orangy..

My friend told me about this product YESTERDAY & i right away ran out to Sephora & bought it. I love loveeeeee this!!!! I had no idea BM made a Matte finish so i was so excited to try this on today! It made my skin so smooth with out looking cakey & it deffff got rid of the "dewy" look when i put this product on. I still had to blot my face today but it helped a lot with the oil.. & also went down 2 shades to help with the orangy color that i get at the end of the day & it helped!! & the new design of the product is a lot better. LOVE IT!!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2009 2:19:00 PM More reviews by Beachbunnie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using BE for 10 years now and was super excited to hear about matte! I absolutely love this! BTW it looks amazing in photographs,
I look a picture of health! Honestly I compared it too my photos wearing regular liquid foundation and no contest!

So I am going through my not liking BE phase. Wore it to work and it looked horrific, looked like I had no make up on at all!! I mean who wants to pile a ton of this on just to get some coverage, I felt like I had dipped my face into a bag of flour! Why is it that sometimes this works and sometimes it doesnt?? I use it on the weekends for my no make up days.

UPDATE! So I keep searching for my HG foundation right.. and little do I know that its been staring me in the face for years! BE.
I mean, its the only foundation that keeps me matte for for the longest without touch ups. Its blends into my skin summer and winter without having to change colours! It looks good in pictures. I think the preperation of you skin and application technique is key to making this product work. Skin has to be moist in order for the minerals to gel with the skin. Also you have to build this up gently and slowly to get the ideal look. Once you get all these components right, it works really well.
So I think im going to stick to this for now.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2009 11:30:00 PM More reviews by pineappleaftermath

I never thought I would say this... but I've found my HG!
I tried BE's regular foundation a while ago and hated it - I found it way too heavy and mask-like. That's why I like this matte version much better - the coverage is much lighter, but it's still buildable to cover where you need it and doesn't look cakey. It really does give a matte look, controls oil, lasts all day, and doesn't rub off. No break outs either! My skin really seems to like this stuff, because it has cleared up considerably since I switched to this foundation. Even sweating in this stuff or going to the gym is fine. The container has a locking mechanism to keep things tidy and makes the powder portable. Will buy again and again.