Bare Escentuals Matte Foundation spf 15

3.4

ACTIVE Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 15% and Zinc Oxide 5% INACTIVE ingredients: Lauroyl Lysine, Silica, Calcium Silicate, Soil Minerals. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides

This wasn't as great as I had expected. The coverage was a little more sheerer than the original so I was dissapointed with that. You need to use quite a bit of product to build coverage. The packaging is way better because it's got s new lid that doesn't spill everything everywhere. It does keep me matte so I like that but I don't think it will be my go to. I would rather use it to set foundation if anything.

on 12/15/2009 6:42:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I am already a big BM fan and when I heard about this product I begged a friend in America to bring some over for me. I love the new improved packaging and I think the new mica free look is brilliant. It gives great coverage - I have combination skin with full on acne rosecea, so I need serious all day consistent cover and this stuff is perfect for me.I use it with the Prime Time base and it goes on like a dream. I will be stocking up on it as soon as it gets released here in the UK.

on 12/14/2009 9:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

better container than the original mineral powder because it clicks shut. i was pretty excited when this came out because my face is always shiny by the end of the day. i think it has a slightly finer texture than the original. i use this as a setting powder, not as a foundation, but for this purpose it works quite well. i have to purchase the fair and fairly light and mix them because the fair is too pink and the fairly light is too dark.

this is quite mattifying and i think if someone doesn't have oily skin this might make their complexion look ruddy.

on 12/14/2009 4:10:00 AM

i hate the original be, but this one is amazing...coverage is super buildable wihout ever looking cakey..jar is great, feels great, application takes 2 seconds ( no need for buffing), grabs to the skin, lasts all day, stays matte...LOVE. best thing is pores appear a lot smaller, when i wear this i never get breakouts

on 12/12/2009 10:27:00 PM

I've tried the regular BE foundation, but really didn't like it. I have combination/oily skin, so the regular foundation looked a little shiny on me. Also, the coverage was not the greatest.
After reading some reviews, I decided to try the matte foundation. I absolutely love it! It covers my minor acne scars, blends well, and keeps my skin matte for most of the day. I have extremely sensitive, acne-prone skin, so I need a foundation that is going to cover AND heal. This is perfect!
It is a little expensive - I paid $28 at Sephora for it. I really like this product, however it's a bit pricey.
I was the shade "fairly light" in the regular foundation, so I assumed I was the same shade in the matte foundation. I was wrong. "Fairly light" looks a bit orange on me for the matte line.
Overall, I love this product - recommend it to anyone with sensitive, oily, breakout-prone skin. Works wonders!

I LOVE BE foundation but I dislike this!
Matte is cakey & heavy &..BLAH....

I went back & re-bought the original..Now I look air-kissed again :)

I think the Matte stinks...

on 12/11/2009 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm one of those who HATED BE original. the bismuth completely tore up my skin - it was NOT pretty. Bismuth is NOT in MATTE! not only are you spared from looking like a glowing alien (original made you shine) but you're also not ripping up your face with an irritant like Bismuth. (obviously not all people have a bad reaction...)

My skin seriously has never looked better. I have dry skin, slight rosacea - and after a week of wearing BE Matte - my skin is even and healthy. shocking. I guess it has some of the "rare minerals" night treatment in it - but I'm not sure what those are really - supposed to help with cell turnover, i think. So, its a foundation and a treatment.

I apply a thin layer - and follow w/ Hydrating Mineral Veil. It takes about 20-30 min for the minerals to warm up in your skin and not look like you have dry powder on - but after that, my skin looks amazing.

I've also heard you can put minerals in your brush and warm them w/ a hair dryer before applying if you're in a rush - but I've never tried it.

I love that i can spot conceal with the same product, too. I always start with a tiny drop of Prime Time Primer on my face - and the foundation lasts ALL DAY.

overall, I've never been happier w/ a foundation. shocking really, because I used to hate BE so much.

I wear Matte Fairly Light, and I'm NW20-25. it's a perfect match (but runs darker than the original formula)

on 12/9/2009 2:56:00 PM

When I was in high school, they used the original bare minerals on me for my junior prom. At the time, I had gotten a burn on my lip from wax. I was so impressed with the coverage that I bought a kit. Doing it myself I was unimpressed. After another mineral foundation started to irritate my skin, I went to a Bare Escentuals store to try matte. I really do like it a lot and I will never go back to another powder foundation. I've had great results and it doesn't irritate my skin like the other one. I'm not a fan of the price, but it lasts a while. Also, the packaging with this one is a lot better than original. My only draw back is that if I wear it all day, I'm no longer matte. I get a bit shiny on my nose and forehead. I've started using primer to keep it set. Great product! Definitely would recommend to anyone!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I was a bit hesitant buying another expensive pot of Bare Minerals Foundation, but when I saw the set on sale at Ulta for $30, I just went for it. Whenever I use normal Bare Minerals, by the end of the day it becomes visible and separates on my face in spots, making me look like a cheetah. But, the promise of this was "matte," so I decided to go for it. I'm so glad I made this purchase! It is like the original formula but so much better. I find that it does control oil, and doesn't have nearly as much of that sparkly mica mess. Love! Will definitely purchase again and again!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This wasn't the worst mineral product I tried, but it was no where near the best either. It provided a light coverage at most and to keep me from looking like a desert, I needed a tinted moisturizer underneath. Just not a good product if you need a medium coverage.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Review/Comparison: BareMinerals vs. It Cosmetics Celebration Foundation Illumination by TheKatalicious17

Top Rated Bare Escentuals Products