April 21, 2014 | 1478 users online

Bronzers - BeneFit Cosmetics - HOOLA

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2010 11:32:00 PM More reviews by mascds

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

HG bronzer. im fair...not as fair as porcelain though and i think it works for everybody. depends on how you apply it. i dust some on my cheeks and sometimes on the sides of my forehead. its not muddy looking and i even use it as an e/s sometimes. its very pretty like that.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2010 3:04:00 PM More reviews by toobeige26

I adore this bronzer! Have been using it for years and although I do find it to be pricey at 22.50, there really is nothing I can find that compares to Hoola. Most bronzers either have an orange tinge to them or are too glittery. This one is the perfect shade and completely matte, just gives a subtle glow which makes you look tanned, not caked in make-up. The powder goes on very evenly and lasts all day. The only thing I don't like about the product is the brush which I never use as I don't feel it distributes the product very well but other than that this really is the perfect bronzer.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/3/2010 6:28:00 AM More reviews by Jennyxwren

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

The packaging is like that of Coralista and Sugarbomb and is really cute but impractical due to its bulkiness! It comes with a sweet little brush that fits inside but its not the best quality.

The bronzer itself makes me look muddy, however lightly I apply it (I'm NW15) which is a complete disappointment to me considering how insanely expensive it is - 23!!! When I was at the counter last and mentioned this, they said that Hoola is meant to be used as an all over finishing powder rather than for contouring which is what the lady who sold it to me claimed it was for - she was obviously just looking for the sale!

I was sold by the matt effect of the powder, but now I know its not worth the money and it is actually useless to me unless I want to dress as a tramp that doesn't wash :(

rated 2 of 5 on 2/2/2010 2:16:00 PM More reviews by HipGal2006

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I so want to love this product that was why i bought it. It did not show on my NC30 skin and when i piled on the product then it gave a non- flattering orange hue that makes my face look muddy. I bought it because i needed a bronzer without any glitter but it is not the ONE i am looking for. I have tried Estee Lauder, Guerlain Terracotta (i got 2), MAC light over dark and cheeky bronze and Hoola is the worst of them. My advice is, definitely try it on at the cosmetic counter before you spend your money on this product. Also, the applicator brush it comes with has tough britles and tends to leave harsh lines one your face, so you definitely have to use your own brush to apply this bronzer.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2010 8:20:00 PM More reviews by sharrell

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

In LOVE with this bronzer! Finally...after trying all the drugstore brands and even Bare Essentual's bronzers and "veils", I have found a believable color of bronze! Everything else is so reddish/weird looking on me...like I've fake-baked and put blush on top of that! In the darling little box this comes in, it appears not dark enough. It will deceive you and unless you try it on at Ulta or Sephora like i did, you probably would just pass it up. I'm glad she made me try it on and now its my every single day face finisher for looking healthy and flushed. My complexion is like a pale Jessica Alba..meaning, the way she looks during winter months and when she's not being tanned for her movies. We both have the ability to tan very nicely and have olive undertones. I'm giving those details so you can judge how this bronzer may work for you. I think its such a perfect shade though that it will work for a multitude of complexions. Just try it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2010 1:28:00 PM More reviews by gabriellavascocastro

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am undecided on re-buying, the packaging sucks and it's kinda pricey. But, it is the best shade of bronzer ever!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2010 7:08:00 PM More reviews by katelynwilliams2002

So... I thought that this was going to be my go to make up product but to be honest it's not as good as I thought. The number one reason that I thought I would love it is because it's matte and it has a good tone (or looks to have one.) But, I have found that you have to be very careful with the product if you apply just a little bit to much it can give your skin a dirty look instead of a warm look. And, nobody wants their skin to look dirty! I will continue to use this as my matte bronzer because it is a little spendy but I am still looking for the perfect one. I am usually always completely satisfied with Benefits products so this one just may not work for me but others it could. I would definitely try it because you should see for yourself. Be sure not to use the brush that it comes with! I hate the ones they come with, terrible. I throw them out as soon as I get them. Use a bigger fluffy brush that isn't too dense because you don't want it to suck up lots of the product and have it sit on your fave. Make sure that you tap the excess off the brush and work just a little bit of the product into your skin. You are alot better to start with a little and keep adding with this product. Also, the packaging is adorable, I love the little old fashioned books but they arent the greatest If you are looking for something thats portable. This is definitely a product that you want to keep on your vanity. Use your time while applying and make sure to really use the right brush, I can't say that enough!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2010 10:29:00 PM More reviews by Heechul

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

The packaging is hard to bring around if you're a "drop in your purse" person, but if it's just in a makeup pouch, you're fine to go.

Of course I wouldn't use the brush that's given in with this, but it is cute and matches the box.

I like using this with a fluffy brush around my face for contouring, and a warm glow. It's absolutely natural and goes on silkily. If you apply too much, it can be blended away.

The price is a bit steep, but I'm benefit obsessed. There's actually quite a lot in the BENEFIT boxes though. (As compared to most of their cosmetics with $ : product amount)
My perfect matte bronzer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2010 11:30:00 AM More reviews by malston81

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've had this bronzer for sometime now. I went to Sephora looking for a matte color & this is one of the brands the mua showed (I can't remember the other but there weren't many matte ones anyways). However, I was a little hesitant because of the packaging & the price (I think it was in the high $20 range) but decided to get it anyways & I really like it aside from the package & that cheap brush, that I never used!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2010 12:14:00 AM More reviews by iamtheanonymous

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I actually do like the packaging because it's more unique than a regular compact. Like the majority of reviewers, I love that it's very natural-looking (matte tan color, no shimmer). It's perfect for contouring, I use it mainly for the cheekbones and jawline. Over the couple of weeks I've been using this, I notice that for me, it looks better in natural or medium lighting rather than bright lights. Also, the Benefit counter SA is the best! He really knew his stuff and spent time teaching me how to use this. I really appreciate the good customer service.