October 2, 2014 | 1274 users online

Concealers - BeneFit Cosmetics - Erase paste

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2009 5:50:00 AM More reviews by g00dm00d

I JUST LOVE IT! I use nļ3 colour and matches my skin perfeclty! it lasts for hours. Yes it's expensive but i have bought it 6 months ago and still have more than 80% of product

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2009 2:08:00 AM More reviews by missvox2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I use No.2 which is a light peach shade as I have brownish discolorations/undereye circles. This is a corrector and concealer in one. Its best to use a concealer brush and then fingers to tap and spread it through. Its really creamy in texture, diffuses dark areas and moisturizes my eye area. I dust on a transluscent powder for lasting power, it doesnt fade or cake on me. I just wish it came in a pan form instead of a jar which is a pain to dig in.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2009 12:14:00 PM More reviews by lizgas

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I normally use the MAC concealer that comes in a skinny tube and with a application wand. Well I have terrible dark circles that unfortunatly are hereditary and I have been on a mission to find something that works since i started wearing makeup 3 years ago. I had originally used the bo-ing concealer by benefit. I wasnt very impressed but recently when i went back to the benefit counter to purchase my eyebrow zing I was told about the erase paste. Sure enough I bought it, took it home and wore it for 2 weeks straight. I loved how it was so creamy and it just melted in to the lines i have started getting under my eyes. While my mac concealer only accumulated between those lines the erase paste would melt and spread through my skin. Then for some reason I started reading the ingredients and I noticed it had retinol (retinal palmitate as it showed on the box) I was so bummed. I am 4 months pregnant and well retinol is something I stay away during my pregnancy. So I had to return it, what was the point of having it at home if I couldnt use it for another 5 months :::::ahhhh:::: So now i am in a quest to find something that can compare to the erase paste so I may use until I have my baby. But I will deff purchase it once baby is born.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2009 6:05:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

My 800th review!

This concealer is sooo close to perfection for me in terms of coverage, consistency, and color match. I am using a sample I selected on a whim from my last Sephora.com order and I love it! Medium is a perfect match for my skin tone. I wear MAC NC30, Becca Camel, NARS Budapest, EM golden-light/winged butter and BE 1.2/2.0 light (whew!). I have slight dark circles under my eyes and I was really impressed with the coverage as well as the cancelling effect it had on my imperfections. I mean, LM's Secret Camouflage was close, but this really does erase any signs of darkness under my eyes but without being too peachy, yellow, or ashy/grey. The consistency is creamy and spreads easily. However, because it's creamy my eyeliner (MAC fluidline) tends to smudge more easily on my lower lid, thanks to my hooded eyelids. I'll try setting it with some loose powder and see if that minimizes the eyeliner transfer. If you don't have hooded eyelids/monolids you may not have this problem.

I never thought I'd be singing the praises of a Benefit product, but Erase Paste is really that amazing! continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2009 1:08:00 PM More reviews by FoXyKiTten01

I got a sample of this and of course I HAD to go buy a full size! I still am using the sample 5 days later..this should last me a while before I even get started on the actual product! You only need a tiny tiny amount of this stuff. I use "medium" on my MAC NC30-35 skin tone, combo/dry skin type, with light under eye circles. This stuff totally brightens and counteracts any under eye darkness I have. I don't really have serious under eye darkness, so I am not sure how someone with darker under eye circles would fare. At any rate, i love the consistency of this product, its a little tacky and moist...seems like a combination of eye cream and concealer. In the pot its an odd salmon/peach/pink tone, but don't be scared, it totally counteracts the dark of eye circles and wakes up your face! I didn't have any of the issues other reviewers mentioned..maybe because I have a slightly dry cheek/eye area? As far as how I apply it, I take a tiny tiny dab and dab it on the desired area with my fingers until its blended and at desired coverage, then carry on with my usual eye mu. I do not set with any powder.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/3/2009 3:33:00 PM More reviews by roxybritain

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have this in medium. I like it - you do have to dab it on lightly with your finger - but it's not the best concealer I've ever tried. I will continue to use it until it runs out, but I probably won't buy it again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2009 8:24:00 PM More reviews by angelyshis

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

On my never ending journey to find a great concealer for my very dark under eye circles with fine lines I stopped to try this out. At first I was disappointed in the color selection. When I first applied this I was thrilled with the color. The peachness of this looks very scary in the pot but does a fantastic job at neutralizing the dark hollows under my eyes. It is very think (like paste) and after a lot of careful blending I was happy so far. I set this with LM Secret Brightening Powder and I really was happy with the results. No more than five minutes later it was as if the Erase Paste ate the powder and it was wet and shiny again. It sis not settle in my lines but rather it seperated around them which is not a good look. I added some more powder which then of course made it look cakey and less than five minutes after the 2nd application of powder it looked shiny wet and greasy again.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2009 1:58:00 PM More reviews by evakser

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using Benefitís Erase Paste for about 2 weeks now and I really like it.
I am NC20íish this time of year with a neutral to slightly yellowish undertone, with dry, 38 year old skin, (I am not unusually dark or pink) and I found the lightest color (fair) to be too light for me, so I bought this in med. Yes, itís peach, but I actually saw a famous makeup artist (I think it was Paula Dorf) on TV saying that under eye concealer should always be peachy/salmon colored to get the right type of coverage for that area.

I use a concealer brush to dot it under my eyes and then I use my fingers to blend it in, looks natural and not noticeably pinkish or peachy after itís blended.

As with most concealers for under your eyes, It does help to apply moisturizer first to moisten the area before applying, and blend well, in thin layers. This keeps it from getting into the fine lines and creasing.

I used to use LM Secret Camouflage and that stuff was WAY too hard and dry for me. It was very difficult to blend anywhere onto my face, much less on the sensitive skin under my eyes. Benefitís Erase Paste is soft and spreads beautifully, it blends like a dream.

I do not find this sticky at all once I blend it in. It is when I apply at first, it has to be a little tacky after all, it DOES have to stick to your skin, doesnít it? But it absolutely does not remain sticky. And I do not find this too thick or cakey, in any way. It just needs to be blended into the skin, itís very easy to blend because itís so soft and moisturizing and I detect no tackiness afterwards.

While I donít see a huge amount of brightening, Erase Paste definitely helps to diffuse the under-eye area for me. I also use it on other blemishes and it does not appear to highlight blemishes for me.

While itís not a cure-all for every blemish and mark, I like this stuff a lot.

I think there could be more shade selections, would be nice if it was a little cheaper, but all in all, itís a wonderful product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2009 1:48:00 PM More reviews by lareinaxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Hazel

benefit's erase paste is a miracle cream! i tried this at sephora, and i couldn't believe how nice it looked, and it was so smooth and creamy, i went home and thought about it for that week, my other concealer just didn't look the same..so i went back and got it :) its pretty expensive but well worth it. im a mac C4 with really tan skin and i wear shade 1 in erase paste. it runs on the darker side, it has a salmon/pink undertone to it, so its great for covering blue/purple under eye circles. i also use it to clean up my brow's under and above. i would go to sephora or a benefit counter and test it to see what shade you are. i will deff buy more when its gone, its fabulous stuff :) if you want to know any more, let me know and ill be happy to talk about it with you!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2009 11:51:00 AM More reviews by musicalhouses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Product: Sticky, tacky, thick but pigmented pink-based concealer in a plastic screw top pot.

My experience: I hated this. I had a decent sized sample (the kind where you can get at least a few uses out of) but after the first time I couldn't bring myself to try it again. I'm NC20, and even the lightest shade is too pink and too dark on me. The shade selection is appalling (a general feeling I have about Benefit's concealers on the whole), and I honestly don't think anyone who doesn't have unnaturally pink-toned skin could use this. Maybe if you're NW35 and up or something this could work well, but on me I just don't see this going anywhere. Also the tacky texture is hard to work with. I'm pretty used to hard, slightly sticky concealers - LM and Mac's Studio Finish are both a bit hard in the pot but warm up well and go on without much problem. Benefit's, however, isn't as hard as the previous two, but it's incredibly STICKY. And it seems to stay tacky no matter how much I try to warm it up, and when it goes on your undereyes (where I tried it out), it remains tacky and doesn't spread out well and looks very thick. It's also really hard to blend, making look pretty obvious. I used fingers and a concealer brush, both didn't work out for me, it looked very tacky, cakey and obvious. The same thing happened when I tried it out on my blemishes - too dark, too pink, too tacky, too thick. The only good thing about it is that it's pigmented, so if your skin happens to match one of their unusually dark and pink colors, then it might work for you. But for anyone else who is yellow-toned and fairer, please look for something else. There are so many concealers out there that I don't see a point trying to make something that obviously sucks 'work' for you with so much effort. Just get something else that's easier to work with!