BeneFit Cosmetics Erase paste

3.7

petrolatum, lanolin, isopropyl, palmitate, paraffin, euphorbia, cerifera (candelilla) wax, glycine soja (soybean) oil, tocopherol, propylparaben, retinyl palmitate [ /-: titanium dioxidde (CI 77891), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

on 6/22/2009 5:35:00 PM

Best concealer I have ever used, and I have been searching for a long time. Works great undereye -- no caking, no settling in my fine lines. Great lasting power. I use the little spatula to get just enough on the back of my hand, then use my fingertip to dot and blend. I've used it successfully on blemishes as well, with no additional breakouts. I've also used it to brighten shadowy areas. And I have twice used it on my entire face as stage and photography makeup--it gave me a lasting, flawless finish. A little goes a long way, and for that reason, I think the price is fair. I will repurchase for sure.

this is the only concealer that works for me and my skin tone, and its the only concealer that banishes my dark circles the longest and most. i have tried MAC, bobbi brown, other benefit concealers, and loads of others, and nothing compares to this one. its creamy, which is good because that prevents it from drying out, and its thick, and that makes it so it covers the most. my dark circles are REALLY dark, and huge, and hereditary. this concealer beats them all!

on 6/16/2009 3:23:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

ookk.... fyi this product IS meant for dark circles ONLY (well... or any other blue green discoloration, like veins.). That said, it works wonderfully. If you set it with powderflage, it works even better. As for those that used it on blemishes and complained that it made their skin worse, ahahaha, its not meant for that. Read the package! And as for the "cakey" complaints, you're using too much/ not using an eye moisturizer under or just not blending well. But most likely using too much.
Overall awesome product. Definite staple for me.

on 6/14/2009 10:22:00 PM

Ew. I did not like this. It looks really cake-y and noticeable. I think it's way too thick and the dark circles under my eyes aren't that extreme. Not for me, def. wouldn't get it again.

on 6/11/2009 11:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The spatula is for sanitary reasons. Because no one wants dirt or bacteria in their pot concealer. The texture is soft and creamy, but dries nicely. It's bright and covers. I wish the pot were bigger, because $28 for concealer is an investment. You could use the eye bright or Powderflage over regular good concealer and get the same effect. It's great for pinkness around the eyes, but for extreme dark circles it needs to be done in soft layers or used with a waterproof concealer. You want to use this in an upside down triangle from the corner of the eye and slightly down the cheek. So you don't get the reverse raccoon undereyes.

on 6/7/2009 3:09:00 PM

This is an amazing concealer for undereye circles. It's very creamy and easy to blend. The little spatula thing is pretty pointless, I just dip my concealer brush in the pot. The only problem I have is I'm in between shade 1 + 2 (I'm NC25 in MAC concealer). I wish BeneFit would come up with more shades in this. Will definitely buy again!

on 6/6/2009 2:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I have never been a fan of Benefit Products - I think the packaging sells the product, which from what I've tried has been poor quality.
Saying that, I'm always on the lookout for a new concealer. I literally must have at least 50 concealers, majority from MAC. As I've got older, my skin has become more blemished and I have alot of darkness under my eyes which I am paranoid about so am always trying to find THE product that will prove to be a miracle of them. Closest I've got is Bobbi Brown corrector and MAC studio finish concealer combined.
So I was browsing Benefit the other day as I gotta admit I do like looking at all the different packagings - and I got cornered by a sales lady who obviously figured I was a sucker and somehow she managed to get me to buy Erase Paste in #2 and You're Bluffing wand(which I will review later). I took this home and tried this out - and to my surprise it's AWESOME!!! #2 is a very orangey colour but it works well at cancelling any blue/purple tinged darkness under the eyes. I then apply a lighter MAC concealer over this and the combination makes me eyes look bright and less tired than ever!!
I would say this product is pretty much like Bobbi Brown corrector - it doesn't last quite as long though as is more of a runny consistency so you will have to reapply throughout the day. It also creases alot more and you will need to keep smoothing it.
Good work Benefit, you may have converted me. Will update once I've used this for a while!

on 6/5/2009 4:39:00 PM

Thought the little spatula was pretty gimickie and really pointless, but apart from that the packaging was ok. I was pretty lucky to find the perfect shade- medium, and although it initially covers under eye dark circles well, the coverage doesn't last long. By the end of the day (even when set with fine powder), it looks cakey, and accentuates dark circles making them worse. I feel like it was a waste of money since I only used it a few times

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

i have really bad under eye darkness. the coloring is blue, and i also have a large blue vein around the outer corner bottom of my eye that is VERY hard to cover up. i've had pros do my makeup and they still couldn't cover up the vein. this stuff covered the blue undertones better than any other i've tried so far. some light reflective formulas made it worse, but not this one. it made it better! it blends sooo beautifully and wonderfully. the only negative things i have to say about this is they dont have a good skin tone range (esp. for people who are dark) and IMO, its a bit pricey.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm NW25 and used this in Medium shade, at first it gave pretty good coverage to my undereye circles, blemishes. Yet only after a moment I realized they look too 'pink' or salmon-toned on my skin. This does not conceal, but accentuate the blemishes. Moreover, you have to use your finger to blend this product, which will leave behind fingerprints and marks on your face. Ew.

Top Rated BeneFit Cosmetics Products