Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 6/10/2005 11:30:00 AM

Count me in as one of the many reviewers who adore this product! This makes shadows and liners absolutely budgeproof. For the first time ever, my makeup at the end of the day looks just as it did upon original application. Amazing stuff!

on 6/3/2005 10:46:00 PM

WOW, talk about amazing. This stuff really holds e/s in place, which makes it harder to apply the e/s cause once you make a mistake, you cannot take it off easily! In any case, this product is GREAT (I just have to learn how to apply my makeup better!)

on 6/2/2005 10:59:00 PM

I have tried many products and this is the only one that keeps my eyeshadow on for this long! I absolutely love it and would recommend it to everyone who has oily eyelids! Great Product!

I love this. I've been using it for a while and didn't think it was working so I stopped using it and without my eyeshadows don't last as long and are more prone to creasing. I like the cute packaging, but I can see why people would prefer to know how much is left and make it easier to get the last bit out. I will definatley buy again.

on 5/30/2005 8:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I hate the sponge applicator on this primer because I'm so used to using brushes and MAC paints. I try to apply it and then blend it. It did make my eyeshadow stay put for 14+ hours. I don't think I'd give up my MAC paints for it, but I will definately use this and buy it again instead of getting MAC Bare Canvas

on 5/27/2005 10:55:00 PM

I've been a loyal MAC paints user for a few years now and recently started to use UD's Primer Potion because the bottle travels better and I don't have to worry about explosions in my makeup bag everytime I have to go on a plane. It's colorless and does its job in preventing creasy eye makeup. I just got back from a trip to NY this week. I applied UD PP on about 7 am EST in NY, worked a full day, walked outside for lunch where it was also raining outside, ran to the airport and literally soaked through my blouse with sweat, flew back to LA and got back to my house around 1:30 am PST. Tired and exhausted I went to clean my face and was pleasantly surprised to see I had creaseless fresh eye makeup! From 7 am EST to 1:30 am PST my poor feet and blouse couldn't last but my eyemakeup did, now that's impressive.

on 5/24/2005 8:33:00 PM

I have tried NUMEROUS eye shadow primers (high and low end) and this is the BEST eye shadow primer on the market! It is reasonably priced, and most of all, it does what it says, NO CREASING. Highly Recommend!!!!!!

on 5/24/2005 8:21:00 PM

Urban Decay Primer Potion has got to be one of my favorite beauty discoveries. I have VERY oil eye-lids, and eyeshadow usually lasts only an hour or two before it creases on me. I have tried many other eyeshadow bases, including Clinque's; these either did not help at all or made matters worse. UD Primer Potion does a great job--my shadow lasts all day, even when it's humid or I'm sweating. I am so impressed...I can even wear the cheapie eyeshadows now!:) I also like the fact that I don't have to be overly careful when applying it... I've used different amounts of product with the same great results. Love it!:)

BLAH! BLAH! BLAH!I've used this product twice now and the 1st time, my e/s kinda faded in the middle and the 2nd it creased(but not at work, when I got back home which is good). Maybe I applied the product too fast and it needs to dry or do I apply an e/s as soon as I applied PP before it sets? I dunno. The instructions
were plain and simple, but I'm slow! LOL! I read all the reviews and I'm just not "wow-ed" about it as most ppl here. If someone would be kind enough to mail me how to 'properly' use it (aka how long do I wait to apply an e/s)it would be a great help. (TIA)

EDIT: After using this thing for awhile now I am offically "wow-ed". I really like this stuff. It does last and keeps the color viberant. Oh, and thanks to a MUA memeber, she told me to let dry then apply. Thank you! Two downers though, in the summer it's so hot that the e/s crease and when I apply light e/s (like white) the PP is a nude color and it mixes in with the white e/s leaving a pinkish, nude shade, which I don't want. I have to layer e/s on hard.

on 5/22/2005 11:45:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I had to see what all the hype was about, so I finally picked a tube up in my last Sephora order, and let me tell you, this stuff is truly amazing. I applied it Friday morning, had a long, hot, sweaty day of shopping, and my shadow did not budge ALL DAY. I was shocked, as every shadow I've every tried inevitably creases and melts away by mid-afternoon regardless of my level of activity (I have dry skin, but oily lids). Truly impressive.

The single negative is the packaging - you can't see how much product is left and it will be difficult to get the last bits from the bottom and sides. But I can live with that and will definitely buy this as long as I wear shadow.

Video Reviews & Tutorials