Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 6/27/2005 9:19:00 AM

My HG eyeshadow primer!! I have used most of the department store primers as eyeshadow simply melts away from my eyelids immediately and this is definitely the best! It really makes my eyeshadow go on silky and last for hours! I would recommend this product to anyone who has issues with the lasting power of eyeshadow.

on 6/24/2005 7:14:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My eyelids are literally oozing oil, too, which is how I came to try UDPP in the first place. But the thing is, eyelids and lips are supposed to be the only places on the face that don't contain any oil glands!! Does this mean that those of us with oily eyelids are freaks of nature or what?? But I digress...anyway, since I got the Primer Potion, it's literally the first time in my life that I've been able to wear eyeshadow (regardless of whether it's cream or powder formulation) and not have it slide completely off my eyelid in less than an hour! At the end of 12 hours, I *do* have a tiny bit of creasing to my shadow, but after years of not being able to wear it for 12 minutes, much less 12 hours, I'm not going to quibble about that minor detail. My guess is that for those with "normal" eyelids, that your eye makeup would look just as flawless by the end of the day as it did when you applied it.

BTW, just for grins, I also tried the UDPP as a lip primer, when I wanted to wear one of my super pale pink lip glosses and wanted the color to look "true," and it actually worked pretty well, but I don't know if I'd want to use the same tube on my eyes that I'd use on my mouth (for the record, I swiped a bit on my finger and applied it to my lips that way, rather than with the wand)....

As for the crappy packaging ("Barbie's First Vibrator," you should have heard me cackling when I read one reviewer's description!) and not being able to tell how much product's left or being able to scrape the last bit out, for what it's worth, I've been told that if you take the little gromet-thingy off the applicator, it allows you to scrape every last bit of product out of the tube, but I haven't needed to try this yet myself, so I can't comment.

Also, I've been told that the eyelid primer made by Lumene cosmetic brand, available in the U.S. exclusively at CVS pharmacies, is a very close facsmilie of UDPP at a cheaper price, although I haven't yet tried it myself so I'll have to reserve judgment on that. Unless I found out that the Lumene works just as well for me, the UDPP is going to have a permanent place in my makeup bag!

on 6/23/2005 11:19:00 AM

OMG! My HG of eye shadow primers. I've tried it all: MAC paint, Ultima, Neutrogena, PD, the list can go on forever! My shadow always creased within a few hours, no matter what primer I used. I bought this specifically for a trip to Walt Disney World I went on. I figured if it could hold up there, it could hold up anywhere.

Let me tell you, it held up like you wouldn't believe! It stayed on ALL day with no creasing. When I mean all day, I mean like 12+ hours some days. There was no fading and it blends like a dream. It even started pouring rain (we didn't have an umbrella) and even though I looked like a drowned rat, the shadow didn't budge. I can't recommend this primer enough. I'm going to buy a second tube just to have an extra one around.

on 6/20/2005 5:34:00 PM

This is the ultimate eye primer for me. I've tried Paula Dorf, MAC paints, Benefit FYE, but this beats them all. PD and Benefit did *nothing* for me in terms of holding e/s in place (and my eye lids aren't even oily), the neutral MAC paints shades make all the e/s on top look ashy and mute the shade, so I usually use the coloured shades that match the e/s look I apply on top.

Now the UD PP doesn't mute the powder or cream e/s on top and keeps everything in place. Powders are easy to blend on top if you don't apply too much product. All I wish for!! The packaging isn't too practical, it comes in a lilac genie-bottle. Be aware that you only use a VERY TINY amount, usually the little product that comes out when you pull out the applicator is sufficient for both eyes. I apply what's on the wand to my finger and blend this into my lid. If you use too much then e/s will be hard to blend on top and it might end up creasing. I've used my PP for more than 6 months now and there is still product left. Some ingenious person on MUA found that if you pull off the little white plastic ring in the opening you can get every last drop of product out of the bottle even when you think it's empty already.

I'll definitely repurchase this thing and again, it's one of the most important items in my makeup stash and gets used almost every day. It keeps almost everything in place (like Stila eye pots and other tricky cream e/s). It's probably the very best product I've bought in the past year.

on 6/18/2005 8:13:00 PM

Great product. I have dry skin, but very oily lids, so eyeshadow melts off fast. With this, I don't have to worry about my eyeshadow disappearing after an hour. All my powder and cream shadows last all day with very little fading. It goes on nude so you can tell where you're putting it, but smooths out to a clear base. If it evened out the color of my eyelids, it would be perfect. It has a cute tube, and a wand applicator.

on 6/18/2005 2:20:00 PM

Great primer! I really appreciate the fact it doesn't change the color of my eyeshadow like a lot of primers do. It lightens the shade of the shadow just a tad, though. Shadow and liner stay on all day with this primer. I don't like the packaging, though - have to rotate how I store it (one day up, another day upside-down, then on its side, etc.) in order to get the product out. I'll put up with that, though, since I've never found another primer that comes anywhere close to being as great as this one!

on 6/16/2005 2:16:00 AM

My eyeshadows never stayed on my eyelids after 3 hours of putting them on. As much as I loved eyeshadows, I almost gave up hope. But not until I found this miracle product! My eyeshadows stayed on for 14 + hours!!!! And absolutely no creasing or sliding! The colors also remain more true and vibrant. The shimmers actually stayed on my eyelids! In addition, I love the cute packaging, even though I can't see how much remains inside. But who cares! My eyeshadows are on my lids! I could never ever live without this product. Girls, please run and get this product!!! NOW!!!

on 6/15/2005 7:56:00 PM

Love. I was begining to lose hope (and a lot of money) looking for things that would keep my eyeshadow from slipping off after a few hours. I tried MAC paints, which HELPED but still- eyeshadow melted away to nothing.

Until this! Why did I wait so long to try this? I have no idea. But so far, my eyeshadow has lasted all day with zero creasing. I follow it with a bit of MAC paints to make the shadow pop even more.

Yeah, the packaging is kind of crappy but who the hell cares. It WORKS. Will buy over and over again.

on 6/15/2005 1:45:00 PM

My hair stylist recommended this to me. I generally trust her, so I ordered it right away. I owe her! This stuff works perfectly. Just a thin layer, and my eyeshadows do not crease. I was a bit skeptical, but it even worked for the cream shadows. This is a must.

on 6/15/2005 9:58:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Oh yeah. This stuff is the SHIZ. I use my MAC 242 brush to apply a thin coat to each lid; let dry about one minute. Not only do my shadows/pigments/glitters adhere better, they last all day, AND the color payoff is truer. Love, LOVE, L-O-V-E!! continued >>

Video Reviews & Tutorials