January 25, 2015 | 2047 users online

Eye Primer - Urban Decay - Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2005 5:44:00 PM More reviews by CLLemery

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

If I were to marry an eyeshadow base, this would be it! I love it so much I have already written 3 seperate posts for everyone to go out & buy it! I never used to wear eyeshadow because it was always sliding off! True test: Lasted 8am-8pm - EVEN THRU a spin class!! My ever oily eyelids have finally met their match! Go buy it NOW!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2005 9:05:00 AM More reviews by joey_zane

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

After finding that most of my eyeshadows tended to be creased my mid afternoon this product appeared to be what I had been looking for. After just one try with it I have to say that it is fabulous: it holds colour onto my lid perfectly and also seems to make the colours brighter :)

rated 2 of 5 on 2/16/2005 5:49:00 PM More reviews by evergreenmakeupluver

Afer a few months of using this product I have noticed that my eye lids are dry and I've got these patches of flaky skin underneath my eyebrow (which I NEVER had before, as my eyelids are sort of oily). I have also noticed that this product makes blending eyeshadows together somewhat difficult. Probably won't re-purchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2005 12:38:00 AM More reviews by dudeybave

I just got this from Sephora after months of waiting. I thought this was going to be my eyeshadow miracle! Although it made my eyeshadow stay on longer, it gave me crepey old lady eyes! Also, i found it really hard to blend in my shadow, so it looked like I had harsher edges. I´m sending it back!

*update* Another MUAér emailed me with a tip with the application with this product. She told me that it only took the tiniest amount on your eyelid to work perfectly. She was so right. I ended up not sending it back, and I really loved it. If you only use a small amount, your eyeshadow will blend beautifully and stay true to color a long while. *

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2005 8:37:00 PM More reviews by eddiev

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Wow, I finally found my HG eyeshadow primer. I have extremely oily skin and my eyeshadow would always melt away after a few hours. Not anymore! This primer really works and I have tried them all. At $14.00 it is a steal. My only complaint is the packaging. It is extremely hard to get all of the product out and you have no idea how much product is left. It must be working for others because by the time I realized I was "scraping the bottom", I went to order more (on line from Sephora and Urban Decay) it was out of stock. It took several months before I was actually able to purchase more and I got two!! It is by far the best primer I have found.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2005 10:13:00 PM More reviews by colleen_co

This Primer Potion is getting three lippies from me mainly because of how little you receive and the price you pay. Also, this is nothing more than glorified concealor. It is a cream that dries to a powder that works the exact same way as any other eye base, such as MAC paints. It is a matter of preference which eye base you choose but I found this not to be a good value for the money. I swapped it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2005 4:59:00 PM More reviews by tiramisu95

RAVE for Urban Decay Primer Potion!! I have extremely oily eyelids and my eyeshadow ALWAYS slides off - I've tried every single technique out there and nothing works. This is MAGIC, I will definitely repurchase this. My eyeshadow stays put ALL DAY LONG - no retouch required!! However, it takes eye makeup remover to remove it - it won't wash off with regular cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2005 2:51:00 PM More reviews by blissgirl

Grab this where you can find it girls - this is a miracle in a tube! This stuff is awesome. I apply my eyeshadow around 8am, and at 10pm it still looks exactly the same as it did when I put it on. So much so that I actually need to use eye-makeup remover to get my e/s off - and I never had to use remover before. I can rub my eyes and it doesn't budge. This is extremely beneficial when doing a smoky eye - cause you know the shadow isn't going anywhere. It's only $14 for .34oz (which is a nice amount of product) and you just need a few dots on each eyelid - don't use too much - a little goes a long way. I apply this to the entire lid. My shadow doesn't crease or fade all day. It's amazing. This one little product will actually help you get the most out of your eyeshadow - I can now wear shadows that once creased on me - and they now look great! I'm trying it with my Stila shadow pots next (Tried it - the shadow pots still crease but not as quickly. I've decided I'm not a fan of the pots). I've used the Primer Potion with Stila, Nars and Jane - with great results. So happy I grabbed the last tube. The packaging is very whimsical and cute it doesn't bother me at all. Definitely a HG item and a repurchase!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/29/2005 8:52:00 PM More reviews by 25cent

This product was so disappointing on my semi-oily lids. I was expecting something equivalent or better than MAC paints, but my eyeshadow creased after about 4 hours. Glad it works for other people, but not for me!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2005 1:11:00 AM More reviews by mxk2

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Hands down the BEST shadow primer I have ever tried!!! Shadow doesn't stand a chance against all the nasty oil my lids produce. Until this product, that is. I am crease-free with this stuff, and shadows also last longer (they don't seem to fade in color as the day wears on). Absolute, postive repurchase!! My gripe, though, like so many other posters, is the lousy packaging and the fact that it seems like there isn't much in the tube to begin with. Well, I'll suck it up and repurchase anyway - it's *that* good!