Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 4/10/2005 4:25:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I long ignored eye shadow before discovering this product. My eyelids are dark and oily, nothing showed up on them. Now that I've found it, I can't remember making up without it. This primer truly holds eyeshadow forever and intensifies it.

What else can I say? My eyeshadow did not crease, all day long, which has never happened before. I love this above all other primers because it doesn't muddy the e/s color (are you listening Paula Dorf?) It's invisible on the lids but the difference is amazing.

on 4/9/2005 9:28:00 PM

Well, I have to add to the raves for this product. It really does make my shadow last longer and apply more evenly. I must say that I do hate the tacky packaging (it reminds me of a Barbie accessory of some sort) and it feels as though there is not much productin the tube, but time will tell. I did have to figure out the application a bit. For me, it works better if I sponge a bit onto my lids and then pat it out with my finger. I also use it on my lower lash line to keep my eyeliner from smudging there...

on 4/9/2005 6:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

*Sigh* Unfortunately I'm not going to be able to add to all the other raves for this primer. After reading all the rave reviews, I was hoping this would be THE miracle product for crease-free eyeshadows on my super oily eyelids. Sadly, my e/s still crease with this stuff. Now, it's not all bad. The Primer Potion does allow e/s too glide on very smoothly and intensifies the colour. My eyeshadows also stay on longer, but alas, I still get the ugly creases after a few hours. I have tried just about everything but nothing works. Buying the Primer Potion is actually quite an investment for me since I almost never buy high-end or department store products. This was really my last resort and I've pretty much given up on wearing e/s. I hope this doesn't discourage others who want to try out this primer though. I just think I have oilier eyelids than anyone else and the problem could also be due to the shape of my eyelids -- asian with very slight double lids, but the fold is very close to the lashline so everything kind of smudges together.

on 4/8/2005 3:12:00 AM

This stuff rocks!
I have super oily eye lids. I put spend so much time putting eye makeup on to have it disappear and crease an hour later... I read some reviews on this stuff, so I tried it. My eye makeup stayed on from morning to night. Awesome awesome. Definitely will be one of my staple items that i always use.

on 3/29/2005 7:56:00 AM

I live in New Orleans where it is very humid. Plus I have oily lids, but Urban Decay eye primer works wonders at keeping my shadow perfectly in place all day. It comes in a tube which is convenient for travel. Not sure how long the product will last, but I will buy it again.

This stuff works wonders! It makes my e/s much more intense and it lasts perfectly all day! I love the packagin too, the only minor complaint is that there could be more product in the bottle. Definitely a must have.

on 3/26/2005 6:56:00 PM

I LOVE this. For some reason, a ton of eye shadows fade on me within minutes - and I don't even have oily lids. With this, my eyes look fantastic for hours - no creasing.

There's not much in the bottle and the packaging is terrible, but it's the only base that works for me.

Another rave: I used to use Alexadra de Markoff Disguise for Eyes, which used to dry up towards the end of the jar. A sales associate at Sephora directed me to Urban Decay's Primer Potion, and I am sincerely grateful! I've no problem with the packaging or applicator. It sweeps onto the eyelid neatly and dries quickly. Then apply eyeshadow--and it's there. No creasing. Wonderful, wonderful stuff.

on 3/22/2005 7:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

After years of putting up with eyeshadows (both expensive and cheap) creasing after a few hours (even though I have dry skin) I got desperate and asked the experts on the Makeup Message Board what they would recommend for this problem. The majority highly recommended the Urban Decay Primer Potion. It was $14.00 US which is more than I have paid for the numerous other similar products I have tried. But I must say it was the best $14.00 I have spent in a long time. This product is by far THE best eyeshadow primer out there. At the end of 12 hours my eyeshadow looked exactly the same as when I applied it, and I used cheap Avon.
At the end of every day I make sure to look closely in the mirror to check its performance and I am constantly amazed. I don't know what's in this, and hope none of the ingredients are carcinogenic, but even if they were, I'm afraid I would use it anyway. Ahh, vanity!

Video Reviews & Tutorials