September 23, 2014 | 2098 users online

Eye Primer - Urban Decay - Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original (UDPP)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2004 9:29:00 AM More reviews by VioletExtract

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am so glad I bought this. Eye shadow applies more vibrantly and pigmented, doesn't fade and does not crease one bit. I was amazed when I tested it out for the first time wearing a No7 eye shadow over the top (which usually fades and creases badly) and by late night it still looked completely intact!! I hadn't had to retouch it once. There's no point bothering with any other eye shadow primer!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2004 3:24:00 PM More reviews by neicy81

Move over MAC paints, there's a new king in town!!!!!!!I decided to order this from Sephora after hearing so many raves. I love this. It goes on kind of funky but does not change the color of my eyeshadow like it does with MAC paints at all.My eyeshadow lasts for hours with this and that's a great thing because my eyelids could probably start an oil reserve. So, hip hip hooray for UD primer potion!!!!!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2004 5:13:00 AM More reviews by kookykitty

This is my new HG eye shadow primer. I used to use Benefit F.Y.Eye and MAC Bare Canvas Paint, but they do not compare to UD Primer Potion. This product retails for $14 and comes packaged in cool looking lavender purple tube with a sponge tipped wand applicator. The product itself is a creamy slightly peachy color that blends easily with most skintones(I have Stila D/E MMM yellow undertoned skin and this blended well into my skintone--in fact, it made my eye area look fresher and better just on its own! :D). Anyhoo, it is easy to apply, you can either dab it directly on your eye area then blend, dab it on your finger, then apply and blend, or swipe it directly on with the applicator. I prefer to apply it to my ring my finger and then pat/blend it on my eye area. It has a powdery dry texture after application and it really does lock shadow,liner--whatever you put on it--in place! My eye makeup looks just as fresh as when I first put it on. There is no creasing whatsoever(and I hav oily lids). I will be retiring my MAC paint in Bare Canvas and F.Y.Eye now. Viva la Primer Potion! lol! :D

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2004 2:34:00 PM More reviews by martawoj

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the best priemr I tried. I thought that Benefit FY Eyes fas good, but this is much better. With this primes my eyeshadow actually stays on almost all day, the longest of all the primers I tried. I don't like the packaging: I don't like things with wands in general, but in this case it is really bad, plus you cannot see how much of product is left. This hsould be packaged in a tube. However, since it works so well, I will buy it again and again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2004 3:20:00 AM More reviews by twinstar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

EDITED: i am starting to really hate this product. it dries way too fast making it difficult to get an even coating, and many of my eyeshadows end up chalky and very difficult to blend. i still haven't found anything better to make my e/s last as long, but i am not sure that this one virtue outweighs the rest of the problems i experienced with this product. doubt i will repurchase. old review: first off, this is the best e/s primer i've tried but not HG status. before this, i was using almay amazing lasting concealer, but that was too light for my skin (nc 41-44) and made my e/s appear ashy. i've also used almay bright eyes cream shadows which were ok, but not great. most e/s completely disappear on me and smear beneath my eyes by the end of the day. but with this primer, i've had no under-eye smearing. unfortunately, my e/s still faded, but there was still some color left on my lids which often is not the case with other e/s primers. i really dislike the packaging; the opaque tube makes it difficult to know how much product really is in the tube. also, the product seems almost empty to start with (hardly anything comes out on the wand unless i pump it inside the tube). primer potion also made one of my e/s chalky, but in general, it didn't affect texture. blending has been a little more difficult because the e/s really cling to it upon first contact with my e/s brush. so now i have to do a light wash before applying my darker colors (perhaps that's why my e/s is still fading). but, all in all, i'd repurchase...until something better comes along (hopefully).

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2004 1:52:00 AM More reviews by violetlily690

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This stuff really is amazing! When I was testing it at the store, I put a little bit on the back of my hand, and then covered it with black eyeshadow. By the end of the night, after washing my hands and everything, I could still see the faint remains of the black eyeshadow.

Needless to say I bought this stuff and have been loving it ever since. The bottle is super cute. Eyeshadow stays vibrant, crease-free, and in-place all day.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2004 11:39:00 PM More reviews by AmandaPanda

This stuff is freaking amazing. I applied this, and wore Fuschia pigment as an eyeshadow. I went out dancing on my birthday. Came home at 4am sweaty and tired. I went to sleep, and the next morning the pigment was still there. NO creasing at all.

I used it on my Bourjoris eyeshadow and it did crease a tiny little bit.

The packaging is a little much. It's cute, but I would have preferred that they put it in plain packaging, and spent the extra $$ to put more product in the tube.

So although it is kind of pricey, it's worth it. I'm tempted to put on some eye makeup and go to sleep to test it out.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2004 10:55:00 PM More reviews by haloinrverse

i didnt care for this product at all. it has a strange chemical scent, and it didnt really do much in the way of priming my lids. if fact, it was actually worse than nothing at all, and it certainly didnt work any better than using my usual powder or a regular concealer as a primer.

its very light in color, which i feel affected the way my shadows showed up, and its extremely thin. its just a pain to put on. it also takes much longer to dry than i would like. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2004 6:56:00 PM More reviews by kawaiichan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I decided to wear this 4 days in a row before I wrote up a review for it. First off, I give it 4 instead of 5 because 1) it smells literally like house paint...you know the stuff you buy at Home Depot and paint your walls with 2)It altered the color of this one frosty orange VOV [korean brand] eyeshadow when I applied it to my lid [over the primer].

Other than that, this product does its job, which was surprising. My eyelids tend to get oily so no matter what, I crease my eyeshadows, especially when I wear frosted colors. The colors did not budge all day long and I didn't see any creasing mid-day when I usually expect them to be there. I even tested it with the most creasing-prone eyeshadows that I have such as MAC "Nylon" [highly frosted pale cream yellow] and there was I admit, some creasing BUT it was so minimal that you can't tell at all, so that was the thing that convinced me. I just don't know why it changed the way my orange eyeshadow looked. Other than that, my other e/s colors remained true. The packaging isn't all too great [looks like fancy mascara] but at least the price was decent [$14 USD]

rated 3 of 5 on 10/5/2004 4:39:00 PM More reviews by Miradan

Tried this after hearing about it here -- it is truly amazing. Eye shadow did not faded after hours and hours, even after walking in humid weather and cooking in a hot kitchen. Only noticed very slight creasing when I wore an eyeshadow that creases very easily. I'll definitely repurchase, although I wish there was a way to easily see how much you have left.
EDIT: While I still like the quality of the product, I don't like how difficult it is to get out of the container, and that it seems to dry out quickly. I'm switching to Lumene EyeMakeup Base, much easier to work with, same quality.