Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 10/11/2005 11:27:00 AM

This is a miracle! It makes colours look brighter and also it makes them stay on the whole night even after heavy dancing! And NO CREASING AT ALL! Amazing! It has the cutest bottle as well, like something from the movie Aladdin hehe! Just go and buy it! NOW!

on 10/8/2005 7:55:00 PM

This is THE best primer ever. My eyeshadow usually wears off in under two hours but w/this, it lasts at least 10 hours w/no creasing!!

on 10/7/2005 1:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love this stuff! It is the only thing that keeps my eye shadow on all day long. I'm dragging out old eye shadows that had terrible staying power and making them work with the Primer Potion. The packaging is cute, too! It is a little bit expensive, but Urban Decay is sometimes 2 for the price of 1 at Ulta. I am on my second tube.

on 10/7/2005 10:56:00 AM

Awesome product by Urban Decay. Even after an entire day, my eyeshadow looks the same as it did when I first applied it. As some have mentioned, it does make it difficult to blend, and a little harder to apply shadow, but the stay-put effect that it gives the shadow is worth it, in my opinion. I do find it difficult to apply it with the sponge on the end of the wand, so I usually just end up using my fingertips when applying.

on 9/29/2005 12:08:00 PM

I had previously tried and didn't like UD Primer Potion and promply swapped it away without hesitation because (1) I wasn't using it correctly (2) I was previously using MAC Studio Fix, used a light powdering of it under my shadesticks (HG colored bases) (3) I was too cheap and at the time, very much a MAC snob. When I started using a new foundation (PX Virtual Skin) I realized that in the Texas heat and humidity I NEEDED something to prevent my shadows from creasing now more than ever and decided to give the primer a go around again. I am so glad that I'm not stubborn and that I am no longer a brand snob or I would have missed out on this gem. I apply my makeup every morning between 7:20 and 7:40 and it lasts with no creasing or faded up until I remove it at 6, 7, even 9 at night sometimes. I'm a convert. This is my HG shadow base...and it doesn't even require a second base to stay as vibrant either. I have applied shadows directly after the primer and the end effect is the same. LOVE it! Of course I would buy it again and again and again! :D

on 9/28/2005 5:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I had heard so much about this stuff here on MUA and I am so sorry that I did not try it sooner. This is now a HG STAPLE. I will not ever go without it. My e/s looks almost the same at 5:00 as it does when I leave the house in the morning. This is a MUST HAVE at $14US.

on 9/28/2005 3:10:00 PM

I bought this item after seeing the heaps of praise and the raves it generated on MUA.. i thought it would be ideal for helping set Nars eyeshadows, since they can be a bit sheer sometimes.. although i did 'decant' this onto a tissue to test (incase i hated it and wanted to swap).. i just hated the packaging, and i've read a lot of people do.. that you need to pull that 'ring' out to get all the product.. also, it just plain didnt work.. it made my eyeshadow go on unevenly and didnt improve staying power.. i have dry skin so oiliness isnt an issue, but overall this product did not work for me and i happily swapped it away..

on 9/28/2005 11:48:00 AM

Love this! Got this in a swap and I am very pleased. The wand makes it easy to control, and I noticed an immediate difference whren I applied eyeshadow...it seemed to "absorb" better and not just sit on top and flake off. After 10 hours of work, my eyeshadow stayed looking perfect, and did not crease. Amazing!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I don't know why so many people are in love with this product! I used it under eyeshadow and it made my eyeshadow crease. It did however, make my eyeliner stay on longer than usual. I will continue using it but mainly to keep my eyeliner in place.

on 9/21/2005 8:40:00 PM

For a primer, the retail price is not too bad ($14). The nude color blends right into my skin. Simple and easy to apply. However, the packaging is crap. It can be easily opened and messed with in the store, and one cannnot tell if it is full or exactly how much is left. I rub my tired eyes a lot during the day, and some shadow does were off. In general, there is some fading going on. Overall, I would by again as this is the best primer I have found.
Update: I usually use loose pigments as e/s and this just isn't cutting it for staying power. Will not repurchase.

Video Reviews & Tutorials