December 22, 2014 | 1645 users online

Eye Primer - Urban Decay - Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original (UDPP)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2005 7:23:00 PM More reviews by pinkshellie

I purchased PP after reading good reviews. I was very impressed with this product. I have oily eye lids and like to wear good quality and not so high quality eye shadow, and this primer wouldn't budge. I was very impressed when I needed to use eyemakeup remover to completely remove it from my skin. This is a great product and I will purchase it again, the only drawback is the packaging as many people have mentioned but the primer works so well that I really don't mind.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2005 4:30:00 PM More reviews by twig

Absolutely the best eyeshadow base that I have ever used. My eyelids are extremely oily and my eyeshadows have always creased no matter what I put on under them. But this little beauty of a product is a miracle worker. No more creasing for me ever! Trust me it works all day long from 7am to 4am no creasing. Please don't discontinue this Urban Decay!!! Only improvement would be to put it in a pot or something it is hard to get every last drop out of this container.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2005 3:22:00 PM More reviews by Dawn71675

I adore this stuff. I love the LOOK of the packaging, but the functionality of it just doesn't make much sense. You can't tell how much you've used, how much you have left...and the wand just doesn't seem to reach to the very bottom. Despite the packaging flaw, I adore this stuff. It is the only (and I mean ONLY) primer that keeps my eyeshadow crease-proof from 6am-5pm...and longer. I've worn it with MAC e/s, Stila eye pots, Stila e/s, UD e/s...pretty much any eyeshadow seems to adhere to the primer. Love it. Will repurchase again and again. :)

Update:
It is now October 2007 and I still use the Primer Potion every day. I don't know what I'd do without it. This is honestly one product that I hope to never be without. I always need a tube on back up! I hope UD never stops making this!!!! continued >>

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2004 11:17:00 PM More reviews by rosieee

I like Merle Normans eye primer better than this one. It's not much different than any other and doesn't have any magical properties in it. It works no better than any other eye primer, but its not a bad product. I dont like the texture as much as others either...It is a little greasy until it dries. I don't regret trying it though!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2004 5:07:00 PM More reviews by YummieBearzz

this product really works. i have very oily skin that can take off eye makeup in minutes. but applying the eye primer before applying my eye makeup really holds my makeup in place. and it goes on clear which is a big plus. the only problem is that the packaging really sucks. you don't know if there's anything left in the bottle. whenever you tkae out the wand to use it looks like there's no primer stuff on the wand. i use it even if i don't see anything so i think it just is hard to see.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2004 7:50:00 PM More reviews by Just_a_Hobby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am in love!! I have super oily lids and have been using MAC paint in bare canvas for about 2 years now but I was still getting a crease in the inner corner of my eyes after about 4 hours. Not to metion it seemed to down play all the wonderful colors I was wearing on my eyes. Bare canvas gave made my eyes look like I had wrinkles on my lids!
Primer Potion not only gave me a smooth finish but I had NO creaseing what so ever! It is easy to apply and brings out the best in what ever e/s I am wearing! I even tasted this on my super oily days where I don't shower until the end of the day. My lids get super oily on those days and my e/s stayed put thanks to primer potion. I just wish I could see in through the bottle so I knew how much was left, but no biggie it still gets 5 lippies from me!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2004 12:06:00 PM More reviews by Diaphne

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Thank you Urban Decay for making a primer for the lids that actually works. I have tried all the others on the market, and they do not compare to this. I use mineral shadows for the lids and lining and all I can say is this stuff keeps it on till you take it off!!! I hope they never discontinue this. I don't have trouble with the packaging. I actually get a lot of product on the applicator and then I have to blend it with my finger. Fast and quick. I think the only drawback to this is that you had better know what you are putting on that day cuz it will be a bit difficult to correct your mistakes. Thank goodness for minerals! Blend and blend some more! I have some very oily and quite impossible lids that refuse to keep color on and the color intensity fades really quickly...but with this primer, I don't have that problem at all. This one is a winner for me!!! I wonder how well it handles during summer weather...oh before I forget, the primer does bring the true colors out of the minerals and it is very vibrant!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2004 3:57:00 AM More reviews by peachykeen01

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I looked for the longest time for an eye shadow base that actually worked and wouldn't change the color of my eye shadow. This is exactly what I was looking for! Makes my eye shadow a little harder to blend, but that's it. I'll continue to repurchase this until they stop making it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2004 12:44:00 PM More reviews by archangeli

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Price: $20.00 (Cdn)

This product is a must-have if you have oily eyelids or if your eyeshadow falls into your eyelid creases!! I used to avoid frost finishes if I knew I would be wearing it for more than 4 hours because it would crease and look terrible! Not anymore - now I can wear frost, lustre, pearls and glitter eyeshadow and nothing creases or fades away! All eyeshadow primers are NOT created equal - this is the only one I will ever use from now on!
I did an experiment with the UD Primer Potion and Benefit's F.Y.Eye. I chose a few colors (neutral, medium, vibrant) and applied 3 swatches on the back of my hand. One swatch on top of UD's Primer Potion, one swatch over bare skin and one swatch over F.Y.eye. The result was uncanny!! On the bare skin the colors looked "normal" and not extraordinary. I know how certain colors will behave on my skintone so this was a good baseline to compare the primers to. On top of F.Y.Eye I noticed that all 3 eyeshadow shades were "pinker" compared to the Bare Skin swatches. I'm attributing this to the fact that F.Y.eye is a peach colored product. On top of the UD Primer Potion all the swatches looked like they appeared in the pan! No color changing, just vibrant and true color! Now I can get the most out of my eyeshadows and get all-day wear! I love this product! My only complaint is that the container design is a bit silly - it comes in a lipgloss-style tube with a doe-spong applicator. A bit impractical and unsanitary but I'll bear with it since this product is so amazing! continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2004 11:00:00 AM More reviews by whooey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

If you like MAC's eyekohls and you don't like how easily they come off, get this! This makes my eyekohl stay on my lower lid, even through sleeping the night (I did that just to experiment). This stuff is so much better than that eye spackle crap I was using.