Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 12/3/2005 10:46:00 PM

I love this stuff even though I've only used it twice. The first day I used it, I put it on at 7:30am, went to work and then to a party later that night. I came home and my eyeshadow looked like i had just put it on. Primer potion rocks. EDIT: My HG primer for life. If they ever discontinue this i think MUA will probably riot in the streets!

on 11/29/2005 9:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I am so pleased with this product. It keeps my eyeshadows bright and vivid all day long. It's the perfect base for MAC pigments. I love the creamy texture as you put it on and it dries perfectly matte. My only problem with this product is the packaging. You can never tell how much product is left!

on 11/29/2005 5:14:00 PM

Ok, this is one of those things I really wanted to hate, since it's so impossible to find. I managed to get one off the UD website, since I have tried many a thing on my oh-so-oily lids (seriously, after a few hours, it looks like I have gloss on my lids), plus I live in Florida, so the humidity doesn't help either. I hate to say it, but this product is amazing. My eyeshadow looks exactly the same as it did when I put it on. I didn't have any of the blending problems other people mentioned, either. It just takes a teeny swipe and your lids are ready. I just powder my lids, use some of this, and my eye makeup lasts! UD, please make this more readily available (and change the packaging!).

on 11/26/2005 9:53:00 PM

Wow. That's really all I can say. I have the oilest lids ever. I have tried 3 or 4 different e/s bases (not Primer Potion until the last couple of days, because it was always out of stock!). The best thing that worked for me was concealer under powder with a Frostlite Fluidline as a base. And my e/s might last 4 hours. If I don't use anything, I get creasing within the hour.

Honestly, I don't know why this doesn't have a perfect score. I put Primer Potion on this morning at 11, let it dry for a minute, applied e/s over it and now, at 10pm after going to the gym AND showering, my e/s looks perfect. I cannot believe it. Now I have this overwhelming urge to buy every bottle I can find. But that wouldn't be fair to everyone else, so I won't. :) But I will absolutely repurchase when I am finished with this tube. A++++++++++

on 11/26/2005 5:02:00 PM

I've always had a problem with eyeshadow fading on me as the day goes on. I recently began using this Primer Potion and what a difference! I wear mineral makeup and after putting on a very light coat of the primer, I dust a light layer of my mineral concealer shade over my lids. Any shadow I put on after these steps looks true-to-color and stays forever. I got carried away and bought quite a few of these when they came back in to stock at Urban Decay. I just don't want to run out!

on 11/23/2005 11:10:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have skin that gets EXTREMELY oily throughout the day, resulting in my eyeshadow melting off within hours of application. I've tried other primers/bases such as Benefit's F.Y. Eye and MAC's Paints but this one has BY FAR THE BEST staying power. And that's saying a lot for me! It dries quickly and provides a nice thin base, so eyeshadow doesn't cake and it also intensifies the colour. I would prefer a squeeze tube since I don't actually use the wand to apply the product directly onto my eye. I dab the wand on my fingers and then use my fingers to apply it. Even though my oily eyelids win the battle by the end of the day (after about 8 - 10 hours of wear), this has excellent staying power and is definately better than anything else I've tried!

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I LOVE! LOVE!! LOVE!!! this product! It actually does what it is supposed to do, and all at a reasonable price! I was considering buying Benefit's F.Y.eye but held out until I could find this- and it was being sold for half the price of the benefit primer.
I have the oiliest eyelids ever and I have a problem getting eyeshadows to stick and show up with the same intensity they do in the pot, and this product is perfect for doing that.
I can't recommend it enough, the only thing I can be picky about is the packaging, but its not that much of a problem for me- oh and the fact that this product is so hard to find! It was sold out everywhere I tried! They should stock it much more in shops!!

on 11/22/2005 7:18:00 PM

Best primer I have ever tried, hands down. Never, ever creases. MAC Paints also work for me but occasionally, it will crease. It is difficult to blend well with the primer, but I've learned to use neutral e/s over the primer so that it will be easier for me to blend the darker or colored e/s.

I haven't had any problems with applying it evenly. I just take the wand and make a swipe over each eye and smooth it onto my lids. Works like a charm! =) continued >>

on 11/20/2005 9:44:00 PM

I won't buy this primer again because it is impossible to blend shadow when using this. Also, it is difficult to spread in an even layer, so shadow tends to "gunk up" on the areas where there is more primer. It does make shadow last longer, but if you make a mistake when applying or can't blend, that's not really a good thing. I won't repurchase. Think I'll try the MAC Paints next time.

on 11/17/2005 2:02:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Primer Potion is definitely a star product of Urban Decay other than their eyeshadows. This is the perfect mattifier for eyelids and serves as a great base for eyeshadows. Not only does this control the lasting power of eyeshadows, this also helps brings out the true vibrancy of any eyeshadow. I got one for myself and had to get one for my sis who always has problem with oily lids. This is a must-have for every MU lover so grab this while you can as the stocks are always running low :) A tip before i finish off, the primer potion achieves the best results when you pat it on your lids with fingers instead of smearing it. The wand is pretty useless imho but is only good for getting more of the product out of the tube. I have realised that if foundation, concealor or any primer happens to touch this product on your face, it will create a mess so the best way out is to apply this before foundation. :)

Video Reviews & Tutorials