Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 10/28/2005 2:10:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

Oh my gosh!! How did I ever live without this stuff?? After waiting for this to get back in stock at Sephora, I had to try it. I have extremely oily lids, and most shadow is gone within two hours (including MAC shadows). This primer works like magic!! I can put some on at 8:00 in the morning, and by 5:00, my eyeshadow is still going strong.I can't believe it! Urban Decay could price this for twice the current amount (which is $14) and I would still buy it. You MUST try this if you have oily lids; you won't be able to live without it! Thanks UD!

on 10/25/2005 3:23:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This stuff is absolutely amazing. I swear my eye makeup does not budge for 12+ hours when I use Primer Potion even through an all-day, sweaty, humid day at an amusement park. Just amazing. Pull out the insert inside to really get to all the product and make your money's worth. LOVE.

on 10/23/2005 2:09:00 AM

This stuff is like double-stick tape for your eyeshadow. It is truly amazing! Primer Potion has made it so much easier to use eyeshadows as liners, and it makes MAC Pigments stick and stay stuck. Will repurchase over and over again.

on 10/22/2005 11:31:00 AM

I don't EVER want to run out of this. With MAC paints, I might get one or two hours of perfect wear before it was crease-and-fade city! My trial run of PP, used with a crease-prone shadow (Milani Illusion--love it, but its staying power sucks) lasted 10 hours, and only then did a bit of oilyness break through.

I didn't find blending or application of e/s to be any more difficult with PP, but YMMV. I tap it on my lid with the wand and smooth it out with my finger, wait a minute, then apply my eye makeup. Tried it today with Kitschmas, which usually ends up all over my cheeks, and the PP really grabbed the pigment. No sparkly fallout at all.

I have super oily lids and this stuff has really increased my confidence because I look polished all day long. I can't rave enough about it.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Wow, amazing stuff. I wore this along with a Mary Kay eyeshadow and by the time I took off my makeup at the end of the day there was barely any IF ANY creasing at all!

on 10/15/2005 6:00:00 PM

Can we say, finally? I love this product, it's a wonderful base (seriously). The only thing i dislike about this product is the packaging...the "lamp"-like shape of this product kind of confuses me. How do you get to the bottom (it's sponge-tip), when it is almost done? It's cute, though. The product is affordable & the product actually works! & it does make the eyeshadow color POP!

on 10/11/2005 11:27:00 AM

This is a miracle! It makes colours look brighter and also it makes them stay on the whole night even after heavy dancing! And NO CREASING AT ALL! Amazing! It has the cutest bottle as well, like something from the movie Aladdin hehe! Just go and buy it! NOW!

on 10/8/2005 7:55:00 PM

This is THE best primer ever. My eyeshadow usually wears off in under two hours but w/this, it lasts at least 10 hours w/no creasing!!

on 10/7/2005 1:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love this stuff! It is the only thing that keeps my eye shadow on all day long. I'm dragging out old eye shadows that had terrible staying power and making them work with the Primer Potion. The packaging is cute, too! It is a little bit expensive, but Urban Decay is sometimes 2 for the price of 1 at Ulta. I am on my second tube.

on 10/7/2005 10:56:00 AM

Awesome product by Urban Decay. Even after an entire day, my eyeshadow looks the same as it did when I first applied it. As some have mentioned, it does make it difficult to blend, and a little harder to apply shadow, but the stay-put effect that it gives the shadow is worth it, in my opinion. I do find it difficult to apply it with the sponge on the end of the wand, so I usually just end up using my fingertips when applying.

Video Reviews & Tutorials