October 22, 2014 | 1897 users online

Eye Primer - Urban Decay - Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original (UDPP)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2004 12:16:00 AM More reviews by santokie77

I really like this eyeshadow base. it is .34 fl oz and is around $15 ( I think). Definitely cheaper than Benefit F Y eye, which I have been u sing religiously. After reading a lot of reviews and recommendations (from the board) I decided to try this out as I am soon out of the FY EYE. First let me tell you what it says on the box:

"There's a genie in this bottle and she fulfills three wishes: eyeshadow that lasts, color that stays vibrant all dayk, and absolutely no creasing. A wave of the wand applies this nude colored miracle cream to lids. Then brush on your favorite eye color and watch it fail to disappear...like magic!"

All I can say it this product actually did what it says it will do.

Only complaint is I don't like the wand applicator because I feel like you can't really see how much you have left over.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2004 9:51:00 PM More reviews by SusanR

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

WOW! I was starting to think that only MAC paints worked as a base for me, but based on the rave reviews this received I couldn't resist trying it out. If I use a thin layer of Primer Potion my e/s literally lasts all day, with no creasing & minimal fading. I love that I have finally found a truly neutral base, & the wand applicator makes it easy to get a nice thin layer of product without worrying about clumps or smears. A new HG for sure.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2004 4:51:00 PM More reviews by irishgirl71

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

LLL, sensitive-combo-dry-skin: I am always looking for a good eye primer that evens out my lids and holds on to eyeshadow..UD's Primer Potion definitely holds on to the shadow but didn't do much for me in terms of evening out the color of my lids. This is like an iridescent, light "putty" texture in a wand-style, opaque concealer tube. It dries matte and doesn't do much in terms of helping with discoloration..I am also not fond of the packaging and it seems like I never get enough product on the wand. Nevertheless, it was also drying for my 33 year-old lids BUT did a great job of keeping my eyeshadow intact! I think it's a good product for those with truly oily lids and those who don't require a lot of "concealing." It just wasn't for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2004 9:22:00 PM More reviews by Gradle

Primer Potion is absolutely amazing! It makes my eyeshadow look fresh all day, and I don't get any creasing at all. I also like to use a tiny bit under my bottom eyelashes to keep my eyeliner from migrating and smearing. I think this is definitely holy grail material! I took one lipstick off because despite my love for PP, I think the tube makes it look like you're getting a lot of product, but it actually seems like there's hardly anything in there. However, since I've never found anything better, I'll still buy it! continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2004 5:56:00 PM More reviews by mom2boyz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have super oily skin. I have never had ANY eyeshadow stay on my lids for more than an hour, it always turns into a greasy crease. After reading the reviews, I decided to try some for myself...and I am blown away! Finally, at the age of 41, I can put on eyeshadow and be confident that it will look good later in the day. I put it on first thing in the morning, and just before going to bed that night my shadow STILL had now creased and still looked good. Nothing short of amazing. For those who complained about blending problems....well obviously they were able to do more with shadows to begin with, when you have really oily skin you are just plain thankful you are still wearing some make-up a few hours later. What a great product!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2004 8:53:00 PM More reviews by london7cew

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Here is my testimonial for this product. Yesterday we had our office Christmas party after work. Of course, there was no time to redo my eyeshadow between work and the party so I put on my UD Primer Potion and did my eyes the way I was going to wear them that night (my fav purple smokey eye).
Went to work, the Christmas party, and a private party afterwards. Came home at midnight and went to the bathroom to get ready for bed. I looked at my eyeshadow in the mirror and it looked as fresh as when I applied it at 6:30 that morning! I couldn't believe it. No product has worked this well for me.
It's a must have for me. Eyeshadow has never stayed on my lids all day but with this stuff, as evidenced above, it stays put!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2004 11:08:00 AM More reviews by debkrebbie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

You have to try this stuff. I was skeptical since I'm usually wiping the crease of my eye by about 11 am. My shadow was still on with no creasing when I got home from work at 5 pm. I waited a few days to review this thinking maybe it just works with the chanel, or the stila or the mac. But it works with everything - for $14 its well worth it. The bottle - I'm not thrilled but for what this stuff does - I'll get over it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2004 10:17:00 AM More reviews by Chrysynthia2

This is the BEST stuff. Usually when I wear shadow I have shiny creased eyelids before lunch, and by the end of my work day I look as though I'm not wearing anything. I used to try putting on foundation as a base to make my shadow stay, but that didn't help much at all.

I put a few dots of this primer on my eyelids and blended with my ring finger and then put my shadow over top. I did this yesterday at 7:30 am for work and my shadow was still there, just as I had applied it, at 9 pm! I couldn't believe it and couldn't stop checking out my still-visible shadow as I drove home from work. I had been thinking that the problem was my shadow and was considering trying some of the mineral shadows (which are really expensive IMO) that are out there, but now I don't have to this stuff is only $14, which is cheaper than most of those shadows and I'll be using it under all of my powder shadows making it a much better value.

I am curious as to how it performs under revlons cream shadows since those usually crease in under 2 hrs on me...anyone try it yet?

8-9-05 UPDATE: I have turned so many people on to this wonderful product, my mom, my best friend, and a girl at work who rarely even wears makeup! I got up at 6am and drove for 5.5 hours to see my best friend, we went out shopping, cleaned her apartment, and then went out dancing till 3am...and my e/s was still fantastic!!! She noticed and begged me to tell her what I was using!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2004 3:02:00 AM More reviews by BahiniJeanne

My eyes are oil slicks and generally I have to tote around my touch up kit of e/s.
Not anymore! This stuff is great. Eye shadow sticks till I take it off. For example, I put on for an evening out, came back home and fell asleep with makeup on(yikes i know, bad me)and next morning, perfect e/s...this was after 14 hours!
I took off one lippie because the packaging is terrible and I'm not sure how much product is left. So far, I'm on my 5th week and I use this stuff every day. I will buy again because it's the only thing that works for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2004 6:08:00 PM More reviews by nicolepacksheat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This stuff is terrific!!! I don't have "problem lids" persay, but i did get a little creasing, and of course fading shadow throughout the day. i had been using foundation on my lids to try to solve this problem, but when i finally realized it didn't make a difference, i decided to try a primer. UD is my favorite brand and they just won me over even more with this product!! The bottle not being clear so you can see how much you have left is a little annoying, but i have no issues with the wand at all. The product goes on almost sheerly, but quickly evens out my lids almost like a concealer and makes them super smooth. When i apply my eyeshadow it just glides on and is very true to the color in the pan now, making me love some of my favorite eyeshadows even more! i'm sitting here 8 hours after applying my eye make-up and it looks like i just got done doing it! not exaggerating! no fading, no creasing, it just looks fresh and new. my only complaint (*sigh* nothing is ever perfect) is that this does make it difficult to blend your eyeshadow together, which is why i took a lippie off. Even so, i know that i will never be able to wear eyeshadow again without having this underneath! continued >>