September 3, 2014 | 956 users online

Eye Primer - Urban Decay - Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original (UDPP)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2004 7:50:00 PM More reviews by Just_a_Hobby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am in love!! I have super oily lids and have been using MAC paint in bare canvas for about 2 years now but I was still getting a crease in the inner corner of my eyes after about 4 hours. Not to metion it seemed to down play all the wonderful colors I was wearing on my eyes. Bare canvas gave made my eyes look like I had wrinkles on my lids!
Primer Potion not only gave me a smooth finish but I had NO creaseing what so ever! It is easy to apply and brings out the best in what ever e/s I am wearing! I even tasted this on my super oily days where I don't shower until the end of the day. My lids get super oily on those days and my e/s stayed put thanks to primer potion. I just wish I could see in through the bottle so I knew how much was left, but no biggie it still gets 5 lippies from me!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2004 12:06:00 PM More reviews by Diaphne

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Thank you Urban Decay for making a primer for the lids that actually works. I have tried all the others on the market, and they do not compare to this. I use mineral shadows for the lids and lining and all I can say is this stuff keeps it on till you take it off!!! I hope they never discontinue this. I don't have trouble with the packaging. I actually get a lot of product on the applicator and then I have to blend it with my finger. Fast and quick. I think the only drawback to this is that you had better know what you are putting on that day cuz it will be a bit difficult to correct your mistakes. Thank goodness for minerals! Blend and blend some more! I have some very oily and quite impossible lids that refuse to keep color on and the color intensity fades really quickly...but with this primer, I don't have that problem at all. This one is a winner for me!!! I wonder how well it handles during summer weather...oh before I forget, the primer does bring the true colors out of the minerals and it is very vibrant!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2004 3:57:00 AM More reviews by peachykeen01

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I looked for the longest time for an eye shadow base that actually worked and wouldn't change the color of my eye shadow. This is exactly what I was looking for! Makes my eye shadow a little harder to blend, but that's it. I'll continue to repurchase this until they stop making it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2004 12:44:00 PM More reviews by archangeli

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Price: $20.00 (Cdn)

This product is a must-have if you have oily eyelids or if your eyeshadow falls into your eyelid creases!! I used to avoid frost finishes if I knew I would be wearing it for more than 4 hours because it would crease and look terrible! Not anymore - now I can wear frost, lustre, pearls and glitter eyeshadow and nothing creases or fades away! All eyeshadow primers are NOT created equal - this is the only one I will ever use from now on!
I did an experiment with the UD Primer Potion and Benefit's F.Y.Eye. I chose a few colors (neutral, medium, vibrant) and applied 3 swatches on the back of my hand. One swatch on top of UD's Primer Potion, one swatch over bare skin and one swatch over F.Y.eye. The result was uncanny!! On the bare skin the colors looked "normal" and not extraordinary. I know how certain colors will behave on my skintone so this was a good baseline to compare the primers to. On top of F.Y.Eye I noticed that all 3 eyeshadow shades were "pinker" compared to the Bare Skin swatches. I'm attributing this to the fact that F.Y.eye is a peach colored product. On top of the UD Primer Potion all the swatches looked like they appeared in the pan! No color changing, just vibrant and true color! Now I can get the most out of my eyeshadows and get all-day wear! I love this product! My only complaint is that the container design is a bit silly - it comes in a lipgloss-style tube with a doe-spong applicator. A bit impractical and unsanitary but I'll bear with it since this product is so amazing! continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2004 11:00:00 AM More reviews by whooey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

If you like MAC's eyekohls and you don't like how easily they come off, get this! This makes my eyekohl stay on my lower lid, even through sleeping the night (I did that just to experiment). This stuff is so much better than that eye spackle crap I was using.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2004 12:16:00 AM More reviews by santokie77

I really like this eyeshadow base. it is .34 fl oz and is around $15 ( I think). Definitely cheaper than Benefit F Y eye, which I have been u sing religiously. After reading a lot of reviews and recommendations (from the board) I decided to try this out as I am soon out of the FY EYE. First let me tell you what it says on the box:

"There's a genie in this bottle and she fulfills three wishes: eyeshadow that lasts, color that stays vibrant all dayk, and absolutely no creasing. A wave of the wand applies this nude colored miracle cream to lids. Then brush on your favorite eye color and watch it fail to disappear...like magic!"

All I can say it this product actually did what it says it will do.

Only complaint is I don't like the wand applicator because I feel like you can't really see how much you have left over.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2004 9:51:00 PM More reviews by SusanR

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

WOW! I was starting to think that only MAC paints worked as a base for me, but based on the rave reviews this received I couldn't resist trying it out. If I use a thin layer of Primer Potion my e/s literally lasts all day, with no creasing & minimal fading. I love that I have finally found a truly neutral base, & the wand applicator makes it easy to get a nice thin layer of product without worrying about clumps or smears. A new HG for sure.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2004 4:51:00 PM More reviews by irishgirl71

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

LLL, sensitive-combo-dry-skin: I am always looking for a good eye primer that evens out my lids and holds on to eyeshadow..UD's Primer Potion definitely holds on to the shadow but didn't do much for me in terms of evening out the color of my lids. This is like an iridescent, light "putty" texture in a wand-style, opaque concealer tube. It dries matte and doesn't do much in terms of helping with discoloration..I am also not fond of the packaging and it seems like I never get enough product on the wand. Nevertheless, it was also drying for my 33 year-old lids BUT did a great job of keeping my eyeshadow intact! I think it's a good product for those with truly oily lids and those who don't require a lot of "concealing." It just wasn't for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2004 9:22:00 PM More reviews by Gradle

Primer Potion is absolutely amazing! It makes my eyeshadow look fresh all day, and I don't get any creasing at all. I also like to use a tiny bit under my bottom eyelashes to keep my eyeliner from migrating and smearing. I think this is definitely holy grail material! I took one lipstick off because despite my love for PP, I think the tube makes it look like you're getting a lot of product, but it actually seems like there's hardly anything in there. However, since I've never found anything better, I'll still buy it! continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2004 5:56:00 PM More reviews by mom2boyz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have super oily skin. I have never had ANY eyeshadow stay on my lids for more than an hour, it always turns into a greasy crease. After reading the reviews, I decided to try some for myself...and I am blown away! Finally, at the age of 41, I can put on eyeshadow and be confident that it will look good later in the day. I put it on first thing in the morning, and just before going to bed that night my shadow STILL had now creased and still looked good. Nothing short of amazing. For those who complained about blending problems....well obviously they were able to do more with shadows to begin with, when you have really oily skin you are just plain thankful you are still wearing some make-up a few hours later. What a great product!