Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 8/31/2005 6:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I love Urgan Decay's eyeshadow, and this little miracle just makes it more appealing! :p It does what it says it does. My eyeshadow stays put and only soap and water will get it off! Even when I wear Midnight Cowboy (super sparkely btw) the sparkles don't fall off or get in my eye or anything! This is a great product to own.

on 8/31/2005 11:42:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I am so greatful that I found this product. I at first tried Lumene eye base and it irritated my eyes so badly that i couldn't wear makeup for weeks. I placed the blame on my pigments, but that wasn't it, it was the Lumene. Anyway, i gave UDPP a try on a whim, and I am so glad that i did. I put this on in the morning and my e/s or pigments last the whole day. The true test was a day i put this on at 5am, then followed with e/s and pigment, and it stayed on in FULL until at least 10:30 that night. I will buy this again and again. Oh, and speaking of, there is a ton of product in that little container. I have had it for at least 4 months and still have a ton left, so even though its a bit pricey, it does last and is worth every penny.

on 8/30/2005 8:40:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Yes, it makes eyeshadow last all day but it doesn't create a nice blank canvas on the eyelids as it is transparent. I need something to cover the purplish colouring on my lids. Also, it makes the eyelids look horribly dry and crepey. I much prefer Laura Mercier Eye Basics in Linen.

Cute packaging, but honestly this didn't do anything for me. I actually had more creasing than I get when I use MAC paints as a base and the color was too yellowy on my skin and looked sallow and sickly. Definitely not worth the price for me.

on 8/26/2005 10:35:00 AM

This is it! UD eyeshadow primer potion is a flesh colored primer, that blends easily. You only have to use a little amount of this product. It evens out the skin, and really makes your eyeshadow stay put!
I line my eyes with eyeshadow, and usually my eyeshadow creases like mad after one hour in the small skin creases on my lower lid and because I have hooded eyes, the eyeshadow along the lashline ends up above my crease. But these problems stopped when I used this product.
I have tried MAC stilife paint but it was too shimmery for a neutral daytime look and it still creased after 4 hours. My inner corners of my eyes are oily and the oil mixed up with the stilife paint became a gross whitish fluid substance on the inner corners of my eyes.
The primer potion does what it says and makes your eyeshadow stay put for hours, like freshly applied makeup. I apply a thin amount on my lids till above the crease and on my lower eyelid. I also applied it on my sparse eyebrows, filled my eyebrows in with pencil and brow powder and my brows really stayed put! Usually the skin oils make my drawn in brows look greasy and make it look even more unnatural (there's no way to make what's not there look like it's natural). But with the primer potion my brows stay matte looking and will probably photograph better. I've seen horrible photographs of myself, where because the shinyness of my skin, the brows don't show up. This product will probably put an end to these problems.
The packaging is cute, but probably impractical, like other reviewers said. I don't see how I can use this product all up with such an oddly shaped package. continued >>

on 8/25/2005 5:10:00 PM

I previously used a product by Ultima II. I was not happy with this product although I had used it for years. I did some research and found Primer Potion. This is the best product I have ever used. I live in the HOT and HUMID South and I have oily eye lids, this product has stood up to these demands. I would highly recommend this product. Also, I purchased this through Sephora. Their service was outstanding. I ordered on a Monday afternoon and I had the product on Wednesday.

on 8/24/2005 1:49:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I love this stuff. Makes my eyelids into a nice, smooth surface. Shadow goes on smoother, more evenly, and the color stays truer. I even took a nap, just to see if the shadow would fade from my face rubbing against the pillow. It didn't! Looked just as fresh as when I first applied it. The texture of this stuff is also so smooth. It is SO easy to blend. I don't mind about the packaging, either. It's cute, and I love that there's an applicator. I don't have to use a separate brush! I just dot some on my eyelid, and then blend with a finger. I'll definitely buy this again. I can see why it's so hard to find at stores. It's a must-have! Of all the eyeshadow bases I've tried, this one is the absolute best. UD would be foolish to discontinue it, so let's hope they never do.

on 8/23/2005 12:54:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

My search for a primer to stop oily eyelids has ended here! This product is truly amazing and makes my eyeshadow stay on for hours without even a hint of fading or creasing. It's absolutely unbelievable. Nothing else I've tried (Lancome, MAC, Laura Mercier, Clinique, L'Oreal, BeneFit) comes even close. The other stuff slid right off after a few hours, but with this Primer Potion I don't even have to worry. No matter how I apply it or whatever weather I happen to be in, without fail, it lasts and lasts. This is, hands down, one of the best purchases I have ever made. Total HG. Cannot rave enough.

on 8/20/2005 9:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Cool

This is my best make-up purchase this year. I bought it based on it's reviews and love it. I have oily eyelids so this has really helps my eyeshadow stay intact. I also use it underneath my eyes to keep my eyeliner from smudging which I learned from another MUAer's review. The only downside is the container.

on 8/20/2005 2:26:00 PM

I love this primer potion! Admittedly, the packaging isn't the best and it's slightly expensive for how little you get but the stuff that's inside is like magic. NOTHING holds my eyeshadow on like this stuff does. Will definitely repurchase.

Video Reviews & Tutorials