August 1, 2014 | 1280 users online

Eye Primer - Urban Decay - Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original (UDPP)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2004 4:19:00 PM More reviews by MissCastro1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I will continue to buy this product - it definitely lasted longer than the other e/s bases I was using (Mac Bare Canvas, LM Eye Basics, Benefit FYEye) but I took one lippie off because I cant stand the packaging. I really dislike the wand thing. I like the packaging of mac paints - no pot to dig into, no wand to use...just squeeze on your finger. Also, this didnt work well with matte shadows on my lid. The color was not as bright, however, this product worked wonders on all my other shadows and they were still on the next morning when I woke upi hungover!! Good price too. I also have VERY oily lids.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2004 2:54:00 AM More reviews by mspicky

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

how long did this work? less than 1/2 hour. Wand is handy but unsanitary. Pricey for something that doesn't work at all. Phhtht.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2004 1:52:00 AM More reviews by marinstarr

This stuff is amazing. it keeps shadow on my oily eyes all day long. i really love the packaging, even though it is a little cheesy. It is always really easy for me to find it in my makeup case!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2004 9:23:00 PM More reviews by gnippy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I hate to jump on the wagon for this product but after trying it I have to say it is awesome. Eight hours later no creasing (using WnW & MAC pigment for e/s) or fading. It seems a little thick upon application but blends well. A little of the product goes along way. It dries quickly and provides an excellent base. My only compliant is that UD is not easily accessible in my area so I had to either drive 5 hours round trip or pay the $5.95 shipping charge. IMO it is well worth the shipping charge and I will definitely be using this under all my e/s from now on and repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2004 7:43:00 PM More reviews by tenderheart003

Absolute HG. I have the oiliest lids on the face of the planet :). I decided to buy it because I felt all of my high-end shadows were a waste and it was only 14 bucks. Plus the awesome reviews persuaded me :p. MUA did not steer me wrong! You must try this!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2004 12:24:00 AM More reviews by minnielouse

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Everyone else already said that this stuff is great and it is. It keeps your eye shadow looking perfect all day. I've used many eye shadow bases in my life. The ones that work, that actually keep your shadow from creasing all have one thing in common: your eyelids look like they've been spackled. But not with Primer Potion. This is the first primer that I've ever used that does not make your eye shadow look thick and caked. HG

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2004 12:09:00 AM More reviews by jenna_trader

Urban Decay definitely HG. I used my beloved 5 couleur Dior shadow palettes and the Chanel quad palettes for 'experimentation'. After using Urban Decay, even in humid South Florida, the eye makeup wash was great for about 5-6 hours.

I 'blot' my eyelids lightly with "clean & clear" oil absorbing sheets after 6 hours and though the 'wash' is slightly lighter its still nicely pigmented. The shadow in "crease" and "v" at the outer lid lasted an entire day until I washed it off.

Bought 4 'high end' primers and 1 drug store brand and 1 from a 'minerals' company and tried them for about 30 days (Urban Decay I had for 4 months but wanted to make sure as the package was finally empty)

1) Paula Dorf did nothing but provide a ghostly powdery finish to my rather expensive and pretty Chanel and Dior shadows.

2) Aromaleigh worthless as a lid primer (excellent though as a eye line sealer),

3) Smashbox (could've smashed this little lipstick/eye lid primer, it was awful,

4) Mac Paints 'canvas'. This would probably be fine on 'younger lids' but for me it was a pasty, chalky mask.

5) L'Oreal is probably ranked #2 (3 lippies) since I used the Urban Decay wand to lift out the substance from the L'Oreal "Decreaser". The Decreaser wand is is goopy, sloppy and too much product comes out with the ridiculous wand.

I bought the L'Oreal at CVS and could have returned it but decided it was working well since the actual product if you use just a little with the empty Urban Decay Primer Wand isn't half bad.
Urban Decay is worth tons of money because what good is high end eyeshadows if they fade?

Kudos to Sephora. After 30 days of experimentation, I was given a 'store credit' for the Smashbox and Paula Dorf products (came to a tidy sum!) and enjoyed some fun shopping. The Mac Paints was a "sample" kindly offered from the MAC store and its still 3/4 full.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2004 6:35:00 PM More reviews by joya

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Well, I think I need to review this, as I am slightly dissapointed in it. It really does keep the shadow on all day, and for me, that is even through sweating and excercise. In that respect, it is good.

Now, for the not so good.
*Makes my eyelids a bit chalky looking
*Makes eye shadow VERY difficult to blend
*Somehow, on me, the true complexity/intensity of my shadows do not come through. This makes my shadow seem so "Blah."
I seem to have better luck with MAC Paints.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2004 5:34:00 PM More reviews by pinklikecandy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is the first primer I ever bought and I don't want to stray. I worked ten hours in a restaurant and I have oily eyelids, but by the end of the night, my eye makeup looked perfect. Absolute HG. continued >>

rated 2 of 5 on 11/1/2004 4:54:00 PM More reviews by sredding

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have oily skin and eyeshadow never stays on my lids. This primer didn't do anything special. The shadow still creased and it didn't make it last any longer than it normally does. I am definetly disappointed after hearing all the rave reviews for this product. The package looks cute but doesn't contain a lot of product.