July 28, 2014 | 2056 users online

Eye Primer - Urban Decay - Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original (UDPP)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2004 6:08:00 PM More reviews by nicolepacksheat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This stuff is terrific!!! I don't have "problem lids" persay, but i did get a little creasing, and of course fading shadow throughout the day. i had been using foundation on my lids to try to solve this problem, but when i finally realized it didn't make a difference, i decided to try a primer. UD is my favorite brand and they just won me over even more with this product!! The bottle not being clear so you can see how much you have left is a little annoying, but i have no issues with the wand at all. The product goes on almost sheerly, but quickly evens out my lids almost like a concealer and makes them super smooth. When i apply my eyeshadow it just glides on and is very true to the color in the pan now, making me love some of my favorite eyeshadows even more! i'm sitting here 8 hours after applying my eye make-up and it looks like i just got done doing it! not exaggerating! no fading, no creasing, it just looks fresh and new. my only complaint (*sigh* nothing is ever perfect) is that this does make it difficult to blend your eyeshadow together, which is why i took a lippie off. Even so, i know that i will never be able to wear eyeshadow again without having this underneath! continued >>

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2004 5:06:00 PM More reviews by haloinrverse

i dont much need a primer (my lids are more on the normal side and definitely not oily) but i like to use a primer if i need my eye makeup to stay on longer than usual.
the packaging is absolutely hideous, but i wont hold that against it. the wand applicator is perfect, and it works well with the tube. i dont have a problem with the excess product on the tube gunking up the opening when i try to insert the wand. thats my #1 problem with UD lip gunks.
i just dont care for this product in general because i dont feel that it makes any difference on how long my shadow lasts. with my usual wand concealer, i do see a difference. the texture seems to be very thin, and the smell is unpleasant. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2004 12:09:00 AM More reviews by MadameFabulina

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is the freaking bomb! At first I wasn't digging it, but that's cos I used it with Loreal's Cashmere Perfect Blush & Eyes, and for whatever reason, the 2 textures didn't mix well. So I almost, *almost* sent it packing back to Sephora. Thank the good Lord above I didn't! I put this on yesterday morning at 5 am, and at midnight it was only just starting to show the faintest hint of creasing. I will continute to get this again and again, as I have the damned oiliest eyelids around and no primers had ever completely worked to my liking in the past. I don't like that you can't see exactly what you have in the tube, but for me, that small detail is worth the satisfaction this tiny cement in a tube brings to me. Love!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2004 8:39:00 PM More reviews by Splee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Urban Decay Primer Potion is one of those products that has quite the cult status going for itself. Like others, I have used PP on one eye and other primers I have like Wet ’n’ Wild Crème Shadows and Benefit F.Y. Eye on the other. PP is the winner each time, but compared to the glowing reviews from others, I am a bit disappointed. Though PP does surpass the dreaded mid-day crease-age that F.Y. Eye often leaves me, PP still creases by six in the evening just like the former. I also have noticed that PP has made some of my eye shadows more difficult to blend evenly on my lids, which I never had a problem with using F.Y. Eye. I most likely will repurchase this again because it works the best from the primers I have tried, still, I wish that this would keep the creasing at bay on me like it has for others. The packaging, borrowing a term from the Café Board, is a bit BOB-ish and a little silly.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2004 10:02:00 AM More reviews by Anya1976

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have tried MANY MANY MANY primers and this is the best. i went over 16hrs with no creases. this is my new HG primer. I do agree that the packaging could be better while the genie bottle is cute they could have done something like the cream shadows to make it a little more practical. I will buy this again when i run out though.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2004 4:15:00 PM More reviews by mellody43

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Works pretty well -- smooth application, dries to a satiny finish, and has basically no color on me, which is good -- HOWEVER from the very start, almost nothing would come out on the doe-foot applicator. And the tube is opaque so you can't even see what's in there -- which, I suspect, is barely anything at all. Sorry, but the quantity is not worth the price tag. You probably get more La Mer cream per dollar than this stuff. Went back to Sephora today.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2004 11:05:00 AM More reviews by crob

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a fantastic product - so keeps all my eyeshadows in place for the whole day whereas even with F.Y Eye (former favourite), I generally had creasing on the lids by lunchtime.

Very reasonably priced, but I wish the tube was transparent so you could see how much was left.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2004 7:39:00 PM More reviews by Julievdveer

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love the product - hate the container

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2004 5:01:00 PM More reviews by kris1029

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

this is a proven fact: if theres anything that can stay on my supersupersuper oily lids (well, sort of- im asian, so i technically have no "lids"-which makes it even harder for anything to stay on! point proven!) this is it! even tho its nude colored, u kno it works because ur shadows go on brighter and better (cuz its nude), and they sstttaayyyyy on! im gonna stock up, n u ppl better go n try it or itll be all gone!

PROS:(theres plenty ;-)
1.nude coloring wont interfere with true shadow color (its like putting on another layer of skin)
2.wand applicator makes it a breeze to sweep on lids and blend
3.super creamy and smooth to apply, doesnt irritate this sensitive contacts wearer!
4.it does what it says-shadows realllyy stay fresh and creaseless and smearfree for the entire day !(and i mean from the time u wake up till u go 2 bed)
5.its a cinch to remove!
6.only $14 bucks (pro or con-depends on u) where i live (usa)and thats pretty cheap for such a great product (www.sephora.com)

CONS:(ok maybe its not PERFECT)
1.nude coloring can also confuse some poeple where the product is going (but thats y theres a wand to let u place product where u want it)
2.bottle-its cute alright, but come on UD, u know we all trust u guys up there to not rip us off on a teeny amount of product right? seriously, how the hell r ppl gonna tell how much is in there?

all in all, the pros outweigh the cons, so there ya have it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2004 4:19:00 PM More reviews by MissCastro1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I will continue to buy this product - it definitely lasted longer than the other e/s bases I was using (Mac Bare Canvas, LM Eye Basics, Benefit FYEye) but I took one lippie off because I cant stand the packaging. I really dislike the wand thing. I like the packaging of mac paints - no pot to dig into, no wand to use...just squeeze on your finger. Also, this didnt work well with matte shadows on my lid. The color was not as bright, however, this product worked wonders on all my other shadows and they were still on the next morning when I woke upi hungover!! Good price too. I also have VERY oily lids.