Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 9/29/2005 12:08:00 PM

I had previously tried and didn't like UD Primer Potion and promply swapped it away without hesitation because (1) I wasn't using it correctly (2) I was previously using MAC Studio Fix, used a light powdering of it under my shadesticks (HG colored bases) (3) I was too cheap and at the time, very much a MAC snob. When I started using a new foundation (PX Virtual Skin) I realized that in the Texas heat and humidity I NEEDED something to prevent my shadows from creasing now more than ever and decided to give the primer a go around again. I am so glad that I'm not stubborn and that I am no longer a brand snob or I would have missed out on this gem. I apply my makeup every morning between 7:20 and 7:40 and it lasts with no creasing or faded up until I remove it at 6, 7, even 9 at night sometimes. I'm a convert. This is my HG shadow base...and it doesn't even require a second base to stay as vibrant either. I have applied shadows directly after the primer and the end effect is the same. LOVE it! Of course I would buy it again and again and again! :D

on 9/28/2005 5:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I had heard so much about this stuff here on MUA and I am so sorry that I did not try it sooner. This is now a HG STAPLE. I will not ever go without it. My e/s looks almost the same at 5:00 as it does when I leave the house in the morning. This is a MUST HAVE at $14US.

on 9/28/2005 3:10:00 PM

I bought this item after seeing the heaps of praise and the raves it generated on MUA.. i thought it would be ideal for helping set Nars eyeshadows, since they can be a bit sheer sometimes.. although i did 'decant' this onto a tissue to test (incase i hated it and wanted to swap).. i just hated the packaging, and i've read a lot of people do.. that you need to pull that 'ring' out to get all the product.. also, it just plain didnt work.. it made my eyeshadow go on unevenly and didnt improve staying power.. i have dry skin so oiliness isnt an issue, but overall this product did not work for me and i happily swapped it away..

on 9/28/2005 11:48:00 AM

Love this! Got this in a swap and I am very pleased. The wand makes it easy to control, and I noticed an immediate difference whren I applied eyeshadow...it seemed to "absorb" better and not just sit on top and flake off. After 10 hours of work, my eyeshadow stayed looking perfect, and did not crease. Amazing!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I don't know why so many people are in love with this product! I used it under eyeshadow and it made my eyeshadow crease. It did however, make my eyeliner stay on longer than usual. I will continue using it but mainly to keep my eyeliner in place.

on 9/21/2005 8:40:00 PM

For a primer, the retail price is not too bad ($14). The nude color blends right into my skin. Simple and easy to apply. However, the packaging is crap. It can be easily opened and messed with in the store, and one cannnot tell if it is full or exactly how much is left. I rub my tired eyes a lot during the day, and some shadow does were off. In general, there is some fading going on. Overall, I would by again as this is the best primer I have found.
Update: I usually use loose pigments as e/s and this just isn't cutting it for staying power. Will not repurchase.

on 9/18/2005 8:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Bought and tried this for the first time due largely to the great reviews it got on MUA. It is great! My e/s stood up to 2 soccer games in direct sunlight. It's been 10 hours since I put my makeup on and the only thing left is on my eyes! WOW.. Amazing! So glad I got this BOGOF at Ulta! Definately will get again!

on 9/16/2005 5:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I LOVE Primer Potion! It is absolutely the best primer I have tried and lasts between 8-12 hours on me. I live in a very humid city, and by the end of the day, my eyes look just as good as they did when I left the house. E/s colors are brighter, bolder, and true-to-color. I took off one lippie because it is a very light color. It seems to disappear on my skin but I'm a PPP - I wonder how it would look on darker skin tones, especially if you don't cover it completely with e/s. It also makes applying and blending e/s a bit harder which takes some getting used to. Still, this is definitely one of my HG items and highly recommended.

on 9/14/2005 2:26:00 AM

Every single place I looked was sold out of Primer Potion (4 Sephora stores, Sephora online, UD online), so I was thrilled when I finally found it at Ulta. I prefer Primer Potion over Smashbox Photofinish and MAC Paints in Bare Canvas. It leaves your lids feeling so smooth, and it pumps up your eyeshadow's potential ten fold. Colors look richer, and last a lot longer.

Ohhh yes. I wanted to wait until the REAL test (an 8+ hour event) of this stuff, but I couldn't resist. I put this on before eyeliner and eyeshadow and it lasted about ELEVEN hours. It's actually pretty hard to get this OFF at the end of the day. I can sweat, be oily, and my eye makeup will persevere, long after all my other makeup has disappeared. And then I scrub for my life with a soft neutrogena makeup removing cloth. I bet you this would make it last overnight if you tried. Fantastic. H freakin' G.
EDIT 4/3/06: STILL in love. I don't often have occassions where I need 11-hour eyemakeup, but when I need something to pull through, this always does. Always. I have trouble getting it to stop working. Buy!

Video Reviews & Tutorials