November 21, 2014 | 1032 users online

Eye Primer - Urban Decay - Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original (UDPP)

rated 3 of 5 on 4/9/2005 6:04:00 PM More reviews by GemS

*Sigh* Unfortunately I'm not going to be able to add to all the other raves for this primer. After reading all the rave reviews, I was hoping this would be THE miracle product for crease-free eyeshadows on my super oily eyelids. Sadly, my e/s still crease with this stuff. Now, it's not all bad. The Primer Potion does allow e/s too glide on very smoothly and intensifies the colour. My eyeshadows also stay on longer, but alas, I still get the ugly creases after a few hours. I have tried just about everything but nothing works. Buying the Primer Potion is actually quite an investment for me since I almost never buy high-end or department store products. This was really my last resort and I've pretty much given up on wearing e/s. I hope this doesn't discourage others who want to try out this primer though. I just think I have oilier eyelids than anyone else and the problem could also be due to the shape of my eyelids -- asian with very slight double lids, but the fold is very close to the lashline so everything kind of smudges together.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2005 3:12:00 AM More reviews by funkypeach1

This stuff rocks!
I have super oily eye lids. I put spend so much time putting eye makeup on to have it disappear and crease an hour later... I read some reviews on this stuff, so I tried it. My eye makeup stayed on from morning to night. Awesome awesome. Definitely will be one of my staple items that i always use.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2005 7:56:00 AM More reviews by mhotho

I live in New Orleans where it is very humid. Plus I have oily lids, but Urban Decay eye primer works wonders at keeping my shadow perfectly in place all day. It comes in a tube which is convenient for travel. Not sure how long the product will last, but I will buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2005 2:02:00 PM More reviews by miss_antiworld

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This stuff works wonders! It makes my e/s much more intense and it lasts perfectly all day! I love the packagin too, the only minor complaint is that there could be more product in the bottle. Definitely a must have.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2005 6:56:00 PM More reviews by FameTrash

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this. For some reason, a ton of eye shadows fade on me within minutes - and I don't even have oily lids. With this, my eyes look fantastic for hours - no creasing.

There's not much in the bottle and the packaging is terrible, but it's the only base that works for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2005 1:55:00 AM More reviews by tinuvielberen

Another rave: I used to use Alexadra de Markoff Disguise for Eyes, which used to dry up towards the end of the jar. A sales associate at Sephora directed me to Urban Decay's Primer Potion, and I am sincerely grateful! I've no problem with the packaging or applicator. It sweeps onto the eyelid neatly and dries quickly. Then apply eyeshadow--and it's there. No creasing. Wonderful, wonderful stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2005 7:26:00 PM More reviews by classicbooks

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

After years of putting up with eyeshadows (both expensive and cheap) creasing after a few hours (even though I have dry skin) I got desperate and asked the experts on the Makeup Message Board what they would recommend for this problem. The majority highly recommended the Urban Decay Primer Potion. It was $14.00 US which is more than I have paid for the numerous other similar products I have tried. But I must say it was the best $14.00 I have spent in a long time. This product is by far THE best eyeshadow primer out there. At the end of 12 hours my eyeshadow looked exactly the same as when I applied it, and I used cheap Avon.
At the end of every day I make sure to look closely in the mirror to check its performance and I am constantly amazed. I don't know what's in this, and hope none of the ingredients are carcinogenic, but even if they were, I'm afraid I would use it anyway. Ahh, vanity!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2005 3:46:00 PM More reviews by Selenite

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I tend to be very suspicious of primers. Since I'm oily skinned, I don't really feel a desire to put any more layers of products of my face than I need to. And besides, I don't really believe that any of them work.

But then I read the glowing reviews for this product and I do suffer from eyeshadow creasing, fading...yuck. I bought a bottle in spite of my primer prejudice and just tried it today. Now usually my eyeshadow wil crease in about an hour. A few hours later tehere is no creasing to speak of. I took a nap with the eyeshadow on. Stil no creasing or fading and very little shadow on my circles to speak of.

I am stunned. I am in love. I have now found an hg product that I hope will never be discontinued.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2005 11:41:00 PM More reviews by beautifulal

My eyeshadow always creases within a couple of hours. I am a UD addict, so I checked out the reviews on this primer. After reading a few of the incredible raves, I decided to splurge, and ordered it right away. I am FLOORED by this product. It's a little expensive for the amount you get, but I've saved a lot of money by going straight to the best instead of wasting money on trial-and-error products! Even my most obnoxious fushia shadow lasted through the day and well into the night! I pray that UD never discontinues this amazing product!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2005 2:48:00 PM More reviews by cheezer

This is the best eye primer I have tried! I'm not a real fan of the packaging, but it is still a great product. I have oily eyelids and for some reason, my right eye gets oily faster than my left eye. The price is a little much, but it is worth it for such a great product!! My eye makeup stays on all day long and on both eyes!!