Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 8/8/2005 7:07:00 PM

Love this. I was surprised that something this smooth and soft would be able to keep my e/s on. Though it only lasts about 6 hrs, that's still a lot considering how oily my eyelids are. The inner eye creases after 1-2 hrs, but it is still the best base for e/s I have found so far.

on 8/4/2005 12:24:00 PM

I had such high hopes buying this at Sephora about three weeks ago. I use mineral eye shadow so I have a problem with fading and sometimes creasing. This product works perfect on my friend but not so impressive one me. Perhaps I have overly moisturized eyelids and I need something stronger. This definitley helped and I am better with this than nothing at all, but there has got to be better out there. It looks fabulous through the morning and about half way through the afternoon. By 2:00, however, I have a big old ugly crease on each eye, and the color has dramatically faded. Works for most, but not for me. I'm going to try Lumene's next, as soon as I can get to somewhere that sells it. UPDATE: have since found that MAC paint in Bare Canvas is amazing! No creasing, gorgeous everyday shimmer that lasts!

on 8/3/2005 6:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

Ladies--throw away your FYEye and buy this NOW! I've been using FYEye for more than 10 years and lately have found that it's just not working any more--I have creasing by midday, even after powdering before I apply shadow. I picked up Primer Potion at Sephora and will never look back. This has a wand applicator (no fingers in the jar), is a lighter, neutral color (I have dark lids), and blends on beautifully. After an 8-city-block walk at the beginning and end of the day in 90+ degree heat, my shadow still looked perfect. Amazing! I'm going to apply a bit beneath my eye at the outer corners to avoid the tiny bit of mascara smudge I get by the end of the day. Thanks MUA reviewers for the raves on this product! Highly recommended!

on 8/3/2005 1:27:00 AM

This Stuff WORKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!! I've never had a product that works exactly like it's suppose to. my eyeshadow stays on forever!!!!! and the color looks much better. Don't use too much, like concealer, but put it on with the wand and make sure u smear it to wherever u want ur eyeshadow to stay, rub it with the wand until its clear into ur skin, i think if u put on too much than it obviously will not work. This is the GREATEST!!!! I strongly recommend it!

on 7/29/2005 11:51:00 PM

Like others, I bought this stuff off Sephora (Urban decay isnt available in Canada) based on the raves on MUA alone. And, like everybody else, I'm going to rave about it. Ive already bought a back up - I love this stuff too much to ever live without it. Anyways...I dont have particularly oily lids, but by the end of a normal school day my e/s is faded and a bit creasy. However, I currently work at an auto parts store - my job consists of picking and putting away stock in our giant sauna of a warehouse, and jumping in and out of our meltingly hot delivery cars all day. Needless to say, e/s doesnt stand a chance and Ive spent most of my summer eye-makeupless and unhappy. Like a shining genie bottle shaped beacon of hope Primer potion came into my life and saved my unhappy lids! Now I can wear pigments as well as my softest eyeshadows without any creasing whatsoever. Honestly, I'm amazed at how great this stuff is. Even my female co-workers noticed how suddenly I was wearing eyeshadow and it was perfect, resulting in many a referal. The texture is great, the color is perfect, but the packaging is lacking - not enough so to forgo the product though. In summary - Best. Product. Ever.

on 7/28/2005 12:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I know this is what everyone else said - but this product has single-handedly allowed me to wear eyeshadow. I'd completely given up, being oily-lidded and a humid-environment dweller. I put my makeup on at 7 AM, and when I go to bed (even if I've worked out), my eyeshadow is still on and looks great, even if it's a little faded. Absolute miracle.

on 7/26/2005 9:00:00 PM

I love this product. I just bought it yesterday when I was coming back from Michigan at the Duty Free Shop. I used it today & my eyeshadow is working wonders. I love that finally i'm able to wear my eyeshadow & have it last all day long =]

on 7/24/2005 11:28:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Man, I *love* this stuff. I was skeptical at first since it goes on so light, but all you have to do is take a tiny bit, blend it on your entire lid (I use it under my lower lashes too, to keep my eyeliner there in tact), let it dry (less than a minute -- it if takes longer you've used too much), and paint away! I even slept with my eye makeup on and when I woke up it still looked good. Amazing.

on 7/22/2005 2:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this strictly on MUA reviews and I have not been disappointed. This is AWESOME. It makes my shadow last and last. Thanks MUAers!

on 7/19/2005 3:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

The best eye primer on the market. If it wasn't for this miracle product I would never be able to wear eyeshadow on my very oily lids. It works even in the most humid sticky summer weather. I couldn't live without it!

Video Reviews & Tutorials