July 23, 2014 | 2070 users online

Eye Primer - Urban Decay - Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original (UDPP)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2004 4:15:00 PM More reviews by mellody43

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Works pretty well -- smooth application, dries to a satiny finish, and has basically no color on me, which is good -- HOWEVER from the very start, almost nothing would come out on the doe-foot applicator. And the tube is opaque so you can't even see what's in there -- which, I suspect, is barely anything at all. Sorry, but the quantity is not worth the price tag. You probably get more La Mer cream per dollar than this stuff. Went back to Sephora today.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2004 11:05:00 AM More reviews by crob

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a fantastic product - so keeps all my eyeshadows in place for the whole day whereas even with F.Y Eye (former favourite), I generally had creasing on the lids by lunchtime.

Very reasonably priced, but I wish the tube was transparent so you could see how much was left.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2004 7:39:00 PM More reviews by Julievdveer

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love the product - hate the container

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2004 5:01:00 PM More reviews by kris1029

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

this is a proven fact: if theres anything that can stay on my supersupersuper oily lids (well, sort of- im asian, so i technically have no "lids"-which makes it even harder for anything to stay on! point proven!) this is it! even tho its nude colored, u kno it works because ur shadows go on brighter and better (cuz its nude), and they sstttaayyyyy on! im gonna stock up, n u ppl better go n try it or itll be all gone!

PROS:(theres plenty ;-)
1.nude coloring wont interfere with true shadow color (its like putting on another layer of skin)
2.wand applicator makes it a breeze to sweep on lids and blend
3.super creamy and smooth to apply, doesnt irritate this sensitive contacts wearer!
4.it does what it says-shadows realllyy stay fresh and creaseless and smearfree for the entire day !(and i mean from the time u wake up till u go 2 bed)
5.its a cinch to remove!
6.only $14 bucks (pro or con-depends on u) where i live (usa)and thats pretty cheap for such a great product (www.sephora.com)

CONS:(ok maybe its not PERFECT)
1.nude coloring can also confuse some poeple where the product is going (but thats y theres a wand to let u place product where u want it)
2.bottle-its cute alright, but come on UD, u know we all trust u guys up there to not rip us off on a teeny amount of product right? seriously, how the hell r ppl gonna tell how much is in there?

all in all, the pros outweigh the cons, so there ya have it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2004 4:19:00 PM More reviews by MissCastro1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I will continue to buy this product - it definitely lasted longer than the other e/s bases I was using (Mac Bare Canvas, LM Eye Basics, Benefit FYEye) but I took one lippie off because I cant stand the packaging. I really dislike the wand thing. I like the packaging of mac paints - no pot to dig into, no wand to use...just squeeze on your finger. Also, this didnt work well with matte shadows on my lid. The color was not as bright, however, this product worked wonders on all my other shadows and they were still on the next morning when I woke upi hungover!! Good price too. I also have VERY oily lids.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2004 2:54:00 AM More reviews by mspicky

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

how long did this work? less than 1/2 hour. Wand is handy but unsanitary. Pricey for something that doesn't work at all. Phhtht.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2004 1:52:00 AM More reviews by marinstarr

This stuff is amazing. it keeps shadow on my oily eyes all day long. i really love the packaging, even though it is a little cheesy. It is always really easy for me to find it in my makeup case!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2004 9:23:00 PM More reviews by gnippy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I hate to jump on the wagon for this product but after trying it I have to say it is awesome. Eight hours later no creasing (using WnW & MAC pigment for e/s) or fading. It seems a little thick upon application but blends well. A little of the product goes along way. It dries quickly and provides an excellent base. My only compliant is that UD is not easily accessible in my area so I had to either drive 5 hours round trip or pay the $5.95 shipping charge. IMO it is well worth the shipping charge and I will definitely be using this under all my e/s from now on and repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2004 7:43:00 PM More reviews by tenderheart003

Absolute HG. I have the oiliest lids on the face of the planet :). I decided to buy it because I felt all of my high-end shadows were a waste and it was only 14 bucks. Plus the awesome reviews persuaded me :p. MUA did not steer me wrong! You must try this!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2004 12:24:00 AM More reviews by minnielouse

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Everyone else already said that this stuff is great and it is. It keeps your eye shadow looking perfect all day. I've used many eye shadow bases in my life. The ones that work, that actually keep your shadow from creasing all have one thing in common: your eyelids look like they've been spackled. But not with Primer Potion. This is the first primer that I've ever used that does not make your eye shadow look thick and caked. HG