September 20, 2014 | 1478 users online

Eye Primer - Urban Decay - Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original (UDPP)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2005 12:38:00 AM More reviews by dudeybave

I just got this from Sephora after months of waiting. I thought this was going to be my eyeshadow miracle! Although it made my eyeshadow stay on longer, it gave me crepey old lady eyes! Also, i found it really hard to blend in my shadow, so it looked like I had harsher edges. I´m sending it back!

*update* Another MUAér emailed me with a tip with the application with this product. She told me that it only took the tiniest amount on your eyelid to work perfectly. She was so right. I ended up not sending it back, and I really loved it. If you only use a small amount, your eyeshadow will blend beautifully and stay true to color a long while. *

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2005 8:37:00 PM More reviews by eddiev

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Wow, I finally found my HG eyeshadow primer. I have extremely oily skin and my eyeshadow would always melt away after a few hours. Not anymore! This primer really works and I have tried them all. At $14.00 it is a steal. My only complaint is the packaging. It is extremely hard to get all of the product out and you have no idea how much product is left. It must be working for others because by the time I realized I was "scraping the bottom", I went to order more (on line from Sephora and Urban Decay) it was out of stock. It took several months before I was actually able to purchase more and I got two!! It is by far the best primer I have found.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2005 10:13:00 PM More reviews by colleen_co

This Primer Potion is getting three lippies from me mainly because of how little you receive and the price you pay. Also, this is nothing more than glorified concealor. It is a cream that dries to a powder that works the exact same way as any other eye base, such as MAC paints. It is a matter of preference which eye base you choose but I found this not to be a good value for the money. I swapped it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2005 4:59:00 PM More reviews by tiramisu95

RAVE for Urban Decay Primer Potion!! I have extremely oily eyelids and my eyeshadow ALWAYS slides off - I've tried every single technique out there and nothing works. This is MAGIC, I will definitely repurchase this. My eyeshadow stays put ALL DAY LONG - no retouch required!! However, it takes eye makeup remover to remove it - it won't wash off with regular cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2005 2:51:00 PM More reviews by blissgirl

Grab this where you can find it girls - this is a miracle in a tube! This stuff is awesome. I apply my eyeshadow around 8am, and at 10pm it still looks exactly the same as it did when I put it on. So much so that I actually need to use eye-makeup remover to get my e/s off - and I never had to use remover before. I can rub my eyes and it doesn't budge. This is extremely beneficial when doing a smoky eye - cause you know the shadow isn't going anywhere. It's only $14 for .34oz (which is a nice amount of product) and you just need a few dots on each eyelid - don't use too much - a little goes a long way. I apply this to the entire lid. My shadow doesn't crease or fade all day. It's amazing. This one little product will actually help you get the most out of your eyeshadow - I can now wear shadows that once creased on me - and they now look great! I'm trying it with my Stila shadow pots next (Tried it - the shadow pots still crease but not as quickly. I've decided I'm not a fan of the pots). I've used the Primer Potion with Stila, Nars and Jane - with great results. So happy I grabbed the last tube. The packaging is very whimsical and cute it doesn't bother me at all. Definitely a HG item and a repurchase!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/29/2005 8:52:00 PM More reviews by 25cent

This product was so disappointing on my semi-oily lids. I was expecting something equivalent or better than MAC paints, but my eyeshadow creased after about 4 hours. Glad it works for other people, but not for me!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2005 1:11:00 AM More reviews by mxk2

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Hands down the BEST shadow primer I have ever tried!!! Shadow doesn't stand a chance against all the nasty oil my lids produce. Until this product, that is. I am crease-free with this stuff, and shadows also last longer (they don't seem to fade in color as the day wears on). Absolute, postive repurchase!! My gripe, though, like so many other posters, is the lousy packaging and the fact that it seems like there isn't much in the tube to begin with. Well, I'll suck it up and repurchase anyway - it's *that* good!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2005 3:11:00 AM More reviews by Xexuxa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Black

I don't know what I did before I had this. Its completely gotten rid of the insecurity if creasing shadow which means no more running to the Ladies Room to powder my eye lids and keep it from creasing. Before I couldn't even wear eyeshadow in the summer because of creasing. But now I can wear it when I want and as long as I want with no problem.

However, I have issues with the packaging. For goodness sake, the bottle isnt even clear! Its just awful, but I will put up with it for the product

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2005 3:43:00 AM More reviews by Snow_Angel350

I don't know about this one. I hoenstly didn't notice a difference as far as how long my eyeshadow stayed on for. I normally never have a problem with creasing anyway. I also found this a little thick and sticky and had a hard time blending my shadow. I don't know i seem to be the different one here maybe i'm doing somehting wrong lol i 'll give it another chance i guess, i just didn't see too much of a difference!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2005 1:42:00 AM More reviews by longrunner

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This primer has saved all the shadows that used to crease and fade on me. I find that the key to using it is to apply the tinest amount possible (thanks to the MU board experts for this tip!).

Like other reviewers, I detest the packaging. No way of knowing how much is left (other than weight), very hard to control the amount that comes out on the wand (I'm always scraping off the wand), and I really dislike the silly genie-bottle look (though I may be in the minority on that one).

Overall, though, a great product that I see myself buying again and again.