July 30, 2014 | 1150 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - No.5

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2006 7:59:00 PM More reviews by anaromero

I only recently tried Chanel No 5 for the first time. Actually, my first experience with the "scent" was with knock-off incense oil and I just fell in love. Before trying the actual perfume, I read reviews here and wondered if what so many ladies mention about the EDT and EDP being quite different was true. I went to Macy's and bought a bottle of each to "test" this. Oh my is it ever true! On me, the EDT smells like cat pee mixed with cheap perfume! Itís absolutely horrid. Now the EDP is another story... it is to die for. It's everything that lured me to my incense oil, and much, much more. I can't help but smell myself all day, it's wonderful. Now I know what all the fuss has always been about.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2006 10:45:00 PM More reviews by AlexandriaMC

I own both the parfum and EDT of No. 5 (and body lotion and sensual elixir). My husband thinks the No.5 should be my magical "signature scent". He always raves when I wear it. It makes me feel cozy, warm, loved -- womanly. However, it doesn't make me feel like "an OLD lady"!! (I'm only 34.) I'm one who loves to --lightly-- layer shower gel, body lotion, EDT lightly all over, and parfum on pulse points. I don't _drown_ in it, but it melds together with my skin. It's cozy like being snuggled in warm blanket. (EDIT: This is my signature scent now. I just adore it.)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2006 1:38:00 PM More reviews by PeeWeeScaresMe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I just tested a sample of this first on a testing strip and then on my wrist. On paper it is very powdery and heavy, but when I dab a little on my wrist, it softens out a bit and becomes a warmer, floral type scent. I can see how the fragrance can be viewed as an old lady type of scent, but keep in mind the time period it was introduced in, and in my opinion, when used lightly the scent is comforting and sophisticated. I just turned 20 years old, however, and I do agree with some of the other users that perhaps this is much more suitable for women in their thirties and up. Still, a lovely fragrance when applied sparingly and worn by women who can pull it off.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2006 12:39:00 PM More reviews by Gretchen76

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

What can I say about Chanel No. 5 that hasn't been said already? A powdery, aldeydic masterpiece. I don't purchase often due to the price, but when I do, I get my hands on the pure parfum- a tiny drop lasts and lasts. My mom always wore this when I was younger, she would have to hide it from me! Is it recognizable? Yes, but I wear it because I love it. Fragrance is very subjective and personal and should stay that way.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2006 3:34:00 PM More reviews by jhadiq

Every so often I'll go into a store to sample this fragrance to see if my opinion of it changes, and every time I leave wondering why anyone would like this overpowering fragrance that screams, "I'm wearing perfume"! Bleech. I just don't know what it is about it, but to me it is just too heavy, too pretentious, and reminds me of a moth-ball filled closet. IMHO, it is exactly the opposite of sophistication, like someone is just trying far too hard.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2006 2:32:00 AM More reviews by Bottles_Of_Blonde

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

No5 is probably the first perfume that legitamized a need for the phrase "an acquired taste" because that's exactly what it is. At the time it came out it was a radical presence. Everything from the name, to the ingredients, to the bottle were avant garde. The house of Chanel in general is responsible for so much, it's hard to imagine where 20th century womens culture would have gone without it. No5 is my HG fragrance and being 21, I don't feel that makes me an old lady. Jasmine is easily the strongest floral to center any fragrance around which made it a good choice for a product with such a strong image. I think the image of No5 is half of its appeal - part nouveau riche deconstruction, part aloof seduction, part aldehydic composition. But all female. If the parfum or toilette is too strong for you, you must get your hands on the Sensual Elixir! It is one of the honest to God sexiest things you will ever smell. And on an observational note, I find it funny that so many people refer to this as the ultimate blonde fragrance because I thought I was the only one that thought so - I'm blonde, it's my signature and every brunette I know brushes it right off. Ironic as it was commandeered by a brunette.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2006 2:07:00 AM More reviews by EyeCatcha

i love this perfume it's like it's made only for me wearing it smelling good helps me beeing myself and my whole life always gives me a nice smile if i need one

rated 3 of 5 on 6/26/2006 1:01:00 PM More reviews by Themightyaphrodite

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I know there are thousands of women out there who adore this stuff but I am definetly not one of them! I don't know if it doesn't mix well with my skin chemistry or what but whenever I spray this one I just want to wash it off.
The smell of it reminds me of my mother...very potent kind of "in your face" fragrance of a too confident woman in my opinion.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2006 7:47:00 AM More reviews by eky1

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Hmmm, I tried this many a time but cannot doubt the fact that it smells so much better on my mother.
Plus the fact that my husband says I smell like his mother when I wear it kind of puts me off.
I do love the smell though, its light and understated and timeless.
Shame the mothers got there first.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2006 9:00:00 PM More reviews by lovepiink

Hmm, this scent is intereseting. I dont own the whole bottle, but I have a trail sample. Its Very light & crisp, and completely elegant & classic. However, I would not wear this perfume, not until my older years. I'd probably use this the time I turn 40.