April 23, 2014 | 915 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - No.5

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2006 10:26:00 AM More reviews by beckibear

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I used to dislike this, but would wear it anyway. Gradually I have come to like this very much and often receive compliments which is always nice. Truly a classic.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2006 1:18:00 PM More reviews by rowenaaine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Gorgeous fragrance, that also holds memories for me. It was my mother's favorite "dressy" perfume. I sometimes just take the cap off my EDP to smell it and it conjures up thoughts of my mom.Having said that, this is a very strong, sexy fragrance that begs to be worn by an independent and confident woman. It smells like money to me! And it definitely makes a statement - leaving a gentle reminder of your aura behind after you have left. It was the first synthetic fragrance of its time - very modern and (at the time) shockingly bold. Good stuff! continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2006 12:03:00 PM More reviews by Yogal28

I loved the scent! I only tried the sample not the full bottle. At first when i tried it at the store, i thought it was abit too strong for my liking....but after shopping around getting my cosmetic, i find that the fragrance blend in very well with my body chemistry, not too overpowering anymore, more soapy smell but of expensive brand i suppose haha but anyway, the reason i only get a small sample of it (the SA was nice enough to give me one as i linger quite awhile at the store just smelling Chanel No.5, perhaps to buzz me off hahaha!) and that i didn't get it is because it's too expensive for me as im still in school that time and now after working, i still didn't want to buy it....oh well, Chanel is just too high-ended for me!:P

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2006 6:09:00 PM More reviews by rljp

I completely understand the history and love affair that women have with this perfume. I also respect Ms. Chanel herself and her talent and contributions to fashion and art as we speak. Afterall it was the first synthetically made perfume on the market! Right there something isn't sitting too well in my stomach. I love her clothes, hate her fragrances. This scent I picture on an older mature woman. It smells funky to me and artificial. It never ever was appealing to me. I don't know quite what it is really. I would pick up a sample before purchasing the perfume.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2006 11:30:00 PM More reviews by honey71

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Black

I have the parfum, and it truly is classic and unlike any other, which was the designers' purpose. My fav from chanel is no. 19, and this one is second. it is sexy, comforting, and warm.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/14/2006 7:47:00 PM More reviews by paigu

I like this fragrance, but would not wear it reguarly myself. My mom wore this often so I cannot help but associate this with her. I always thought it was a grownup, sophisticated smell, appropriate for formals or evening occasions. It is extremely potent; one drop on my sleeve caused my entire closet to smell of Chanel No. 5. But there is a good reason this perfume is such a classic.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2006 5:07:00 AM More reviews by snow_white_suicide

My grandmother wore this when i was little and i guess it has memory qualities for me. I suppose a bit like a very expensive Demeter fragrance! I like the way this smells on my clothes but not on my skin. Now, i'm an Angel fan and it works for me but this, although a more mature scent, i think it smells like marzipan. Try it, i didn't think so either until someone told me that i smelled like it. Either way, its a nice enopugh perfume but not something that i reach for that often.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2006 10:53:00 AM More reviews by syltetyta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

I have to confess that I have never tested it on my skin, because the scent in the bottle doesn't invite me to feel curious at all but rather the opposite. I have sniffed the bottle everytime I'm out hunting for a new fragrance - maybe to understand why this legendary perfume is so loved. But:
I really don't like it! Not even on others. (Sorry, Marilyn..)
It smells old english lady in a mansion, tweed, foxhunting and horses, snobbish afternoon tea, pearls and white silk blouses, and a posh upper class accent. This image is not that bad, so I guess I just classified it as timeless and classy fragrance. But I still don't like this scent.
To me it smells too much powder and too dry, even dusty. I din't find it soft, sexy, and not even sweet or sensual. It is just dry - like wood panelling and old powder. But I know I just have to try it once, if I just could force myself to do that. Strangely, the ingredients is not offencive to me at all, just in this combination it seems. I think it is this combination of vetiver, neroli and aldehydes I don't like.
Top notes : Neroli, Ylang-Ylang, Aldehydes.
Middle notes : Jasmine,Rose.
Base notes : Sandalwood, Vetiver, Vanilla.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2006 9:07:00 PM More reviews by rosebudgarden

Very fav fragrance of all time...I have been wearing Chanel No. 5 for 20+ years...my father bought me my first bottle in Paris when I was visiting him my first year out of high school and I love it to this day. It is classic, chic and simply a beautiful scent. Will love it forever....

rated 2 of 5 on 4/30/2006 6:35:00 PM More reviews by biogurl

I tried some on in the store. It smelled good in the bottle, but it just smelled nasty on me and my mother. I guess it doesn't work with our body oils.