Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

3.5

Water, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Acrylates/Steareth-20 Methacrylate Copolymer(thickening agent), Glycerin, PEG-200 Hydrogenated Glyceryl Palmate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Butylene Glycol(preservative, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Phenoxyethanol, Masking Fragrance, Panthenol, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben.

on 3/10/2009 1:14:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have avoided trying this product for years due to the ugly medicine like packaging and the fact that it can be purchased at the drugstore. Then a review I was reading about another product had mentioned cetaphil and how great it was blah blah blah, so I decided to give it a try. I am glad I did. This stuff is the absolute best. I struggle with oily skin and red flare ups and nothing has immediately cleaned my face right down to the pores. Well, this stuff did and my skin glowed immediately after using it. I have tried Mario Bedascu glycolic cleanser, botanical cleanser for oily skin and numerous other expensive cleansers and nothing has done as good a job as cetaphil. I could kick myself for not trying this stuff sooner! My skin remains oil free for most of the day which is super rare and my makeup goes on smooth. I don't know why it works so well for me but it has and I will continue to use and I highly recommend anyone try this with oily skin.

on 3/7/2009 1:54:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I thought it was a pretty good and gentle cleanser at the first several times i used it. It was really gentle and smells good and didnt give me any irritation. however, i found that it really enlarge my pores after usingit. No kidding. It did! I've been using olay gentle face washing for a long time and that works pretty good. I bought cetaphil one because i wanted to see if there is another cleanser which will be better. and it is horrible. who wants a cleanser to enlarge their pores?? gosh, wont use it anymore definitely.

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I use Retin-A, and I found that this cleanser stings my face. I prefer the "gentle" version, though even that also sometimes stings my sensitive skin.

on 2/26/2009 11:35:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

so i just started to use this product its been ok it feels like i still have soap on my face but i still do wash it again with dessert essance tea tree after just to feel fresh but my face does not get/feel dry at all but so far its been ok..

I was so troubled by ance at one point I need to see a professional dermatologist. They prescribe several skin care products for me and Cetaphil Normal to Oily Skin Cleanser is one of it.

It's very mild that it won't dry out your skin and at the same time keep you from shinny face.

on 2/24/2009 12:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I have used this stuff for a couple of years and I love it. It cleans fairly well and is very easy to use. I love the pump action, makes washing my face at night all the quicker. I wouldn't say that it deep cleans, but it does a thorough job of removing my makeup. Doesn't dry out my skin and leaves me feeling clean!

on 2/23/2009 8:26:00 AM

This is probably one of the most inexpensive cleansers but still gets the job done. I would usually use DHC deep cleansing oil to remove all my makeup since I don't trust a cleanser can remove makeup and get my face clean. However, DHC will always leave a bit of oily residue on my face. So this is the perfect cleanser to get rid of the residue without leaving my face dry. I have combination skin that is a little on the dry side. This cleanser never dries out my face but I will probably try the one for normal to dry skin in the future, since I like to try everything out. But this one will probably last me a while since the bottle is huge!

on 2/23/2009 2:25:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought this on accident, I meant to get original Cetaphil. I decided to try it anyway. First impression was that it was too harsh for my sensitive skin, so I wasn't thrilled. However, this does remove makeup better than the original formula. I think it will be something I could use seasonally as well. This might prove to be a humid oily-season product. I will continue to use the original formula until then. This summer I will update.

This was a so-so product. Disadvantages: dried out my sensitive/oily/acne-prone skin, strong smell, doesn't remove makeup (but I always use an oil-based make-up remover anyway). Advantages: cheap, lasts a long time, a good, generic cleanser for those who don't have skin issues.

on 2/13/2009 8:40:00 AM

Well I made a mistake purchasing this - I meant to get the regular Cethaphil for my dry and now turning sensitive skin. Lesson learned- READ LABELS! This stuff immediately burned when I applied to my wet face. Stinging, irritating... I could not get it off fast enough. I thought Cethaphil was supposed to be gentle, but apparently not all of it is, for me anyway. Definitely taking it back since I had a reaction to it, but I also just hate the smell - too strong and yucky powder.