October 25, 2014 | 1644 users online

Treatments - Burt's Bees - Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2007 8:32:00 PM More reviews by Endit

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

So I'm actually seeing results with this, but it's not an instant miracle product. It actually has made my cuticles softer and my nails stronger, but I think that for the full effect, you just have to keep using it and give it time. I will be repurchasing this since it's really cheap and lasts a super long time. It comes in convenient .60 oz tins, which I like better than sticks or tubes. As other reviewers have said, can become greasy, but it disappears fast. I completely disagree with Cottoncandyandlollipops, I find that it sinks in faster than any product, nails or not, that I've used before! Surprisingly it also has beeswax listed as the second ingredient too, which never does a thing for me, but in this case it's working! I love the smell too. It's EXACTLY like Lemon Starburst, and it is INTOXICATING.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2007 7:50:00 PM More reviews by Cottoncandyandlollipops

This is an all natural product so it won't sink it as fast as the chemical creams do. You need to give it a few minutes so if you're not willing to wait go to the chemical products instead. This works great once it melts in and it smells amazing. My nails have strengthened from using this and my cuticles are moisturized and healthy :)!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2007 10:41:00 AM More reviews by ninadelsol

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Greasy and yucky. The cuticles definitely did not absorb it. Disappointed with the overall quality of the product but it did smell great like lemon drops. Don't even try it on your lips - it has a numbing, burning feeling. Yew!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2007 11:18:00 AM More reviews by rel22

I love this product. I bought this almost aa year ago and I still have the same tin can. A little bit goes a long way. I find this moisturizes my nail and cuticles and helps to prevent hangnails. I do find that if you use too much it can get greasy, but just a dab and you'll be set. There is a faint lemon scent that does not linger. Whenever this does run out I will purchase another.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/4/2007 11:00:00 PM More reviews by AngieCola

This is an alright product. It smells delectable - like lemon custard - but that's the extent of its positive aspects. I'm not sure if I have an old jar, but it feels grainy as I rub my fingers over what I imagine should be a smooth and pliable surface. When applied, it doesn't sink into my skin/cuticles, but sits there in its greasy glory. I haven't seen a difference in my cuticles, but will continue to use this product out of hope that it will make some sort of positve change. I won't repurchase, and wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/30/2007 1:41:00 PM More reviews by WENAYI

Natural ingredients, fresh citrus scent, that's good; Greasy, doesn't help cuticle too much, that's not so good. Definitely agree with the viewer below.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2007 2:40:00 AM More reviews by LexzCW

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

I got this in a set for Christmas, and I mostly just use it because it's there. This product feels kind of greasy and I don't feel like it's getting absorbed or really making my cuticles softer. I've had better results from shea butter and Vaseline. I kind of like the scent though, but won't repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/28/2007 1:59:00 PM More reviews by sfpink

I don't really get what is special about this product. I'm not too fond of the very artificial scent, or the consistency of this cream. It felt very greasy and waxy to me. I would not buy this product again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2007 10:43:00 PM More reviews by purplephilia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I had problems with hang nails and those little pieces of skin that would peel off at the base of the nail. This stuff has banished those problems!! I love it. It is a little greasy at first, but I just put it on about 5 minutes ago so obviously it sinks in quite nicely. The smell is really nice, too. I was reading other reviews here and saw that some people used it as a lip balm, so I tried it just now and it's AMAZING as a lip balm!! I think it might even be better than Burt's Bees Beeswax lip balm (which I'm in love with)! I don't remember how much it cost, but this stuff is going to last for MONTHS. I use it every night and plan to start using it in the morning too for even better results. The tin is really easy to open--it kind of has a ledge at the top that you can hold onto to open it. They may have changed it recently or something, since others have said it's hard to open.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2007 1:35:00 PM More reviews by CWHF

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this every night on my cuticles before bed and it is marvelous stuff. Nice lemony scent and it truly moisturizes my cuticles and soaks in without leaving hands super greasy. Very easy to take along as well. No complaints; it's a bargain. My only wish would be if it came in a container I didn't have to dip into (squeeze tube with a slant tip would be perfect).