Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream

4.3

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

***NEW FORMULA: sweet almond oil, beeswax, lemon peel oil, cocoa seed butter, candelilla wax, tocopherol, sunflower seed oil, rosemary leaf extract, soybean oil, beta-carotene, canola oil, vegetable oil. ***ORIGINAL FORMULA: Sweet Almond Oil, Beeswax, Lemon Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol Vitamin E, Cocoa Butter, Candelilla Wax, Rosemary Extract, Beta Carotene

on 8/26/2007 4:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

After using this for nearly six months, I've seen no improvement with my cuticles. After a while, the smell remninded my of furniture wax. Burt's Bee's products are usually a miss for me anyway.
100% jojoba oil and vitamin E oil was much more effective.

on 8/25/2007 9:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The only thing that really works on my cuticles without getting my hands all sticky. Just make sure you don't come in contact with too much dust/lint while it's on--it sticks! Love the smell, love the tin.

on 8/25/2007 3:01:00 PM

for some reason this dries out my cuticles in the long run. when i first put it on it feels like it is well absorbed, and softening my cuticles. but after a couple of days they are actually crispy - which makes me have to use more and more - and they stay soft for a while then get crispy and hard again. also, my fingernails are already so hard that i'm scared to use it (lemon oil is supposed to harden fingernails). i much prefer to just use the baby bee apricot oil and rub that on them - then they stay soft longer. i will not be buying this again. i don't see why this creme does this - it is almost the exact same ingredients as the vitamin e body oil (except for the beeswax) and the oil doesn't dry me out (i don't think...) actually, this makes me worry that anything lemony is too harsh for my skin or drying - i like the packaging - but would have prefered it in a small glass jar. if i would have enjoyed using it i would have switched it to a jar. however, i really love the smell.

on 8/9/2007 8:25:00 PM

I'm a bit iffy on this product. It appears, at first blush, to be a really good lubricant, but it's effect seems to fade fast. I've been applying it a few times a day and my cuticles are still pretty dry. I do LIKE the concept of the product (tin, lemony smell) and I have three of these knocking about the house.

on 8/6/2007 6:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I found this only so-so. Like alldayparallelred. I did not think it was overly moisturizing, far less so than any of my lotions. My cuticles felt soft initially but the moisture seemed to disappear in only a few minutes or so. I found that plain olive oil works far better, and Skin Food does a great job for cuticles.

on 8/6/2007 5:58:00 PM

I tend to develop cuticles that peel so I got this product in a body kit and used it on my cuticles twice a day for a 4-day period and it made all the difference. The peeling around my cuticles stopped and the skin around them became extremely soft and managable. The cons of this product is obviously the smell--the odor is very strong-smelling and reminiscent of lemon furniture polish. Yuck! The other con is the packaging, you practically have to scrape it out of the tin to get it out, which is a pain because in the end your hands are a greasy mess. For the performance of this product though the cons are minor because the result was what I was looking for all along. I'd probably buy this again.

I bought this because of the many great reviews on makeup alley and I have to say I do not like this product. It does not soften my cuticles, fades quickly and gave me no substantial moisture (less than I get from my hand lotion). Did all these great reviews come from employees at Burt's Bees? It reminds me of Benefits Doctor Feel Good but in a smaller container and scented like Lemon Pledge.

on 7/15/2007 4:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I like it a lot, it does help my nails and cuticle. I think it is one of the rare products that you can see immediate relief of cuticles. The thing is it's difficult to apply. Takes time to get the cream to the back of every fingers because the cream itself is hard so takes so effort to scratch it from the tin, then have to rub hard on the fingers to apply. I like the lemon smell of it.

on 7/10/2007 10:46:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I love this stuff. I have a container at work and at home. I have very dry cuticles, and it seems like lotion doesn't last long enough or penetrate into the cuticles well. This does, and it smells good, too.

I love this product! It smells soo good and moisturizes really well. The product is a little hard to get out of the tin for me though...

Popular Treatments