April 25, 2014 | 940 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2011 11:51:00 AM More reviews by HarleyQuinn84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this gel eyeliner -- it really looks fantastic and is a lot more precise than either a pencil or liquid eyeliner. It smudges ONLY when I want it to!

My only, and major, complaint is the little brush that goes with it is pointless and downright painful. It's too sharp, too hard, even though I tried to soften it up with a good cleaning. I use a different brush all together. The one they give you I think is too dangerous to be put near my eye. It could seriously tear up the sensitive, thin skin there.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2011 5:36:00 AM More reviews by jennyvo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Not being able to afford high end products, this gel eyeliner is an incredible affordable dupe!

The blackest black colour was out of stock when I bought it so I ended settling for brown. Which was a good choice in hindsight. It's much much more natural for everyday looks. And if you layer it on to be honest, you can't even tell the difference between black and brown.

THe brush that they provide is also amazing! Don't throw it out! It's pretty thin - so perfect for thin lines or you can use it on the side for thicker lines!

The only problem I have with this eyeliner is that brown is a bit more dry formula (hence why I gave it 4 lippies); you should wet the brush first. If not, I find that I have to drag it quite a bit to get a clean line.

Great value for the price !

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2011 5:09:00 AM More reviews by judieq

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I never bought a gel liner before since I was already having so much trouble with liquid liners. But after all the rave reviews and the drugstore pricing of this I decided to give it a try. I must say that it is much easier to apply than I expected. But the best part is that it doesn't smudge. After an hour of wearing kohl pencil or any liquid liner I usely look like I haven't slept in 3 weeks but this stays put! For me, that alone is worth 5 stars. I'm still curious about the Mac Fluidline eyeliner gel dipdown, but for now this is the best eyeliner I ever tried.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2011 4:37:00 AM More reviews by littlekoala8

im obssesed with eyeliner especially now that ive gotten into the cat eyed wing thing. ive tried many liquid from l'oreal, N.Y.C, for example and although they were decent., its definately nothing compared to this.
the good thing about this product is that its super smooth, glides on and is super easy to work with to my surprise. i was hoping for a lil bit more pigmented in the black but it works fine. i hav kindof oily lids so if the eyeliner is thick, its most likely to smugde. its lasts me the whole day and u dont need a lot of it to accomplish the look. it comes wit a lot of product so im hoping it will last me longer than the l'oreal liquid eyeliner.

the only bad thing i hav to say is tht u do hav to clean o rinse the brush everytime u use it. it tends to dry up and clump after each use. but the brush in general is super smooth n is perfect to use wit the cream eyeliner. i absolutely love this product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2011 12:32:00 AM More reviews by mzebra

I'm a lover of liquid eyeliner, especially that Almay one with the long tapered cap. Well move over liquid eyeliners because the Maybelline Gel eyeliner is top notch. I was surprised to find how much easier this product is to use compared to pencil and liquid eyeliners. And it's not just for creating dramatic lids. This is sweet for applying a thin and effortless strokes for an everyday look. I'll be stocking up my makeup bag with more of these shades the next time my local store runs a bogo.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2011 5:52:00 AM More reviews by nnana

I have always wanted to try a gel eyeliner but found MAC too expensive so when I saw this, I knew I had to buy it! Its surprisingly easy to apply and the brush provided is brilliant. It's also a true black shade and doesn't smudge on my oily lids. Don't be fooled by the small jar - there is a lot of product in there and it lasts a looonnngg time!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2011 4:59:00 PM More reviews by GetLowxX

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I've tried many gel/cream eyeliners from drugstore brands to higher end such as MAC and BB. I used to think BB's gel eyeliners were the best that money could buy, until I tried this. I picked this up in CVS a few weeks ago for around $11. I normally use a MAC #263 brush to apply my liner since I like angled brushes for a razor sharp line and thought the brush included with the eyeliner was useless, until I started reading the reviews on here. At first I thought the brush was a little intimidating since it's not angled, but WOW, was I surprised! This brush works like a charm and the liner goes on smoothly with it, it's practically fool proof. I got the black shade since it's my favorite and this liner doesn't disappoint. It applies easily and is easy to work with, if you make a mistake. This liner lasts all day too and doesn't transfer to my upper lid or rub off, like MAC or BB liners have on me. I will definitely repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/11/2011 10:35:00 AM More reviews by windkey

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this after reading an enthusiastic review recommendation by Miss Plumcake of Manolo for the Big Girl. Best gel liner I've used. I was allergic to Smashbox, and I find this goes on smoother than MAC, and smudges less (I have terribly oily lids, so I've resigned myself to the fact that most pigments I apply in that area will migrate to some degree). However, I can wear this delicately applied on the very edges of my lower lids, and not look as though I'd been punched in the eye twenty minutes later, so I'd call that a win.

The brush that comes with this is absolutely brilliant. I have several expensive eyeliner brushes, and the stiff, sharp little brushes packed with these liners trump them all for precision and ease of application.

The colour range is limited, but since my makeup needs are pretty basic, that's not usually a problem. I find the Charcoal's a good daily liner for me; I'm getting a bit old to wear jet black liner, even thinly applied, without looking like I'm supposed to be stirring a cauldron full of newts.

Edited to remove one lippie; I bought the Eggplant, and though the colour is a delightful one for a subtle daily liner, it has a bit of sparkle in it. As with the MAC Fluidline in Macroviolet (which it very much resembles) the sparkle makes it crumbly, and less than smooth in the application. Boo!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2011 10:06:00 AM More reviews by anonymousme1028

Love this eyeliner! I'm always looking for that perfect cat-eye, but I'm not too good with liquid eyeliners. This is the first gel eyeliner I've ever used, and it was so easy to get it perfect right away! The product is nice and black, didn't fade throughout the day, didn't flake/crack/etc. It comes with a little brush, which is better than I expected. Most brushes included with products are garbage; but I actually like to use this. The stuff is impossible to remove without makeup remove, but other than that this product is everything I hoped it'd be!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2011 4:54:00 PM More reviews by jordantkim

BEST gel eyeliner I have ever used. I was using Bobby Brown's gel eyeliner previously and I didn't like the consistency. It dried out too fast and it cracked on my eyelids. This comes with a high quality brush that makes appying the eyeliner an ease. You can easily control the amount you want and/or how dramatic you want it to look. I always add a wing tip to mine and I always get compliments on how precise it looks. HIGHLY recommend it for everyday or just nightly wear!!!