Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

3.9

cyclopentasiloxane, propylsilsesquioxane, ceresin, isodecane, cyclohexasiloxane, caprylyl methicone, synthetic fluorphlogopite, silica silyate, disteardimonium hectorite, disodium stearoyl glutamate, propylene carbonate, candelilla wax, caprylyl glycol, aluminum hydroxide, calcium sodium borosilicate, calcium aluminum borosilicate, silica, tin oxide. [ ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499/iron oxides, mica, ci 77491/titanium dioxide, ci 77007/ultramarines, ci 77510/ferric ferrocyanide, ci 77288/chromium oxide greens, ci 77289/chromium hydroxide green, ci 77742/manganese violet, ci 42090/blue 1 lake, ci 19140/yellow 5 lake, ci 77510/ferric ammonium ferrocyanide]

I was so amazed with this product. I've had other gel eyeliners like BB and I've had problems with the formula drying fast and not gliding easily on my eye, I didn't expected much of it since it's a drugstore, low price product but boy was I wrong! This product glides easily on eye and last as well as BB gel liners. It is my go to product now. You must give it a try. The brush it comes with I thought was going to be awful but it is pretty good and makes it easy to do a winged line. Definitely a very good product for its price.

on 5/1/2012 9:24:00 PM

I LOVE this gel eyeliner. Previously i was using MAC Studioline and i find that is too dry and difficult to draw plus i have to throw it away rather often simply because the gel dried up and made it impossible to use. Maybelline's gel liner is creamier and easier to work on but still lasts the whole day. It does smudged a little bit at the end of the day but it's good. It is also rather waterproof as i've gotten into rain with this and it stayed unbudged. It didn't hurt that Maybelline supplies the gel liner with a sturdy brush. I just simply use this brush instead of my MAC angled brush and I love it.

I would definitely recommend this over MAC Studio Line. It's long-wearing, easy to work with, doesn't dry out in the tub and its just $19.90 in Singapore as compared to MAC's $46.

Definitely my HG gel eyeliner. It's my second tub now and each tub lasts me about 7-8 months, worn on a daily basis with medium-thick winged line.

on 5/1/2012 2:47:00 PM

Between finding eye pencil too smudgy and liquid liner too much of a b*tch, I decided to try this gel liner. I was very pleasantly surprised! This is so easy to apply. I found the brush very useful, which was surprising, as I thought it would just be this crappy thing they threw in to make the product look good. You do need to wash it after nearly every use, however, as it goes hard with product easily.
I find that applying black eyeshadow over the liner (carefully!) makes it lasts much longer and keeps it's definition better.

So yeah, a great product.

on 4/29/2012 3:01:00 AM

I usually use a pencil liner, but used liquid for a while. This was my first experience with a gel liner and I LOVE it! I have the black gel and it goes on nice and dark. It was also very easy to apply. The most impressive thing for me, however, is how long it lasts once applied. I usually have to touch up with a pencil or liquid liner, but this stuff is awesome! It truly lives up to its name.

on 4/28/2012 3:33:00 AM

Fantastic product.
pros-
Super long lasting, you need a makeup remover to properly get this off.
Very pigmented
Comes with it's own brush
Nice glass jar
Cheap!
cons-
If you don't use it often the gel will start to harden and so it's not as smooth.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this liner!!!I use it A LOT!I mostly use it for my upper lashline and it works great.It's really smooth and goes on nicely.The staying power is great!It won't budge until you're ready for it too lol.I don't use the brush that it comes with because I'm not fond of the shape,so I use my E.L.F eyeliner brush.Just a really great product!

on 4/27/2012 7:42:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

Ok this is an AWESOME product!!! But it has some cons.

+ long lasting - practically more than you'll ever need
+ waterproof - yes I go to swimming with it. Does not move a bit!!!
+ amazing colour - I got it in Forest, I just can't believe no one has commented on it. I'm a sucker for colourful liners and of them all this one is the prettiest - both overall and among the green ones.
+ jar is really hard, I dropped this a couple of times and it didn't even chip
+ quanity - I'll probably use this for years to come

- it's not a gel, it's more of a mud. This makes a crisp line impossible to achieve. Or I got the bad bottle, who knows. I got the Revlon gel and it is a whole different matter. But I don't mind a bit smudgy line so I'm OK with that.
- due to its muddy formula, you might end up with either more or less product than you need. So it's a bit tricky. Were it just a tad more liquidish, it would be 100% perfection. Now it's 99 :-)
- jar is heavy! I love travelling light
- I tried to make this work for my waterline but it just doesn't show up there. No idea why, it's just impossible. So I still have to use a pencil for it.

so. 99/100 well deserved

on 4/27/2012 6:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this! And this would be my third attemp at trying to find a good DS gel eyeliner that doesn't flake, smudge, runs down with a watery eye (really really watery eye) and last and last no matter what until I wash my face *cough cough L'oreal and Sonia Kashuk cough cough*. I use the little brush that comes with it. Also what I didn't like about the SK and L'oreal was that they made me feel like I applied plastic in my eyes, and a little bit later both will flake like nobody bussines! Anyway I would give this 10 stars if I could!

on 4/27/2012 1:44:00 AM

I bought this in the Eggplant/Aubergine colour and was really disappointed when I tried out the product for the first time - it was dry and crumbly and refused to spread when I tried to put it across the back of my hand for a swatch. When I was able to spread it, the colour was sheer and needed a couple of layers to be at the opacity I was expecting. This is such a shame, because I really thought this would be a great product - the packaging looks and feels fabulous (and not cheap at all) and the brush it comes with is usable as well! It's too bad I couldn't get any use out of the product.

This was my first gel liner, and has worked the best for me because it is much easer to apply than a true liquid eyeliner. The brush works well, and creates nice straight lines. It lasts me forever, so I think the price is pretty reasonable for how long it lasts. I have been using it for over 4 years now, and don't plan on changing anytime soon. I would recommend this to anyone who wants to make the switch from the pencil liners!

Video Reviews & Tutorials