Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

3.9

cyclopentasiloxane, propylsilsesquioxane, ceresin, isodecane, cyclohexasiloxane, caprylyl methicone, synthetic fluorphlogopite, silica silyate, disteardimonium hectorite, disodium stearoyl glutamate, propylene carbonate, candelilla wax, caprylyl glycol, aluminum hydroxide, calcium sodium borosilicate, calcium aluminum borosilicate, silica, tin oxide. [ ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499/iron oxides, mica, ci 77491/titanium dioxide, ci 77007/ultramarines, ci 77510/ferric ferrocyanide, ci 77288/chromium oxide greens, ci 77289/chromium hydroxide green, ci 77742/manganese violet, ci 42090/blue 1 lake, ci 19140/yellow 5 lake, ci 77510/ferric ammonium ferrocyanide]

on 4/4/2012 9:55:00 AM

Stays all day, does not flake. I use this on my clients and I get awesome feedback, it does not budge even with wedding tears or hot temperatures. Love the little brush it comes with :)
Best eyeliner ever. Period.

on 4/3/2012 9:01:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Lasts better than any other eyeliner I've ever used before, but still transfers to my bottom lid after around 5 hours.
I have extremely oily lids, though.
Edited to add:
A few months later and I've stopped using this. This summer I used it every day with primer potion underneath and it actually lasted beautifully. However, with the arrival of fall, not even UDPP can keep this stuff on. I don't know if my lids have gotten oilier or what, or if the product has gotten old (I still have a ton left..), but I decided to stop using it and moved on to another.
I give this like a 3.7 but rounded up, a 4.

on 4/3/2012 7:47:00 PM

I bought this liner to replace an old Bobbi Brown gel liner I had. The price was right & the brush looked amazing to do a cat's eye look.

While the gel is the same quality as Bobbi Brown & the brush is a very nice size, it is not as easy to control as other styles of liquid or gel liner I have used.

While I think the brush is great, it's just too hard to get a thin line with it & sometimes you can, sometimes not so much. Maybe with a different brush I would have liked it more but I like ease of use and this one, not so much.

If you like to spend the time & you like a somewhat thicker line then I'm sure this is great b/c it is longwearing & just like most other higher end gel liners but I find my cheapo Wet & Wild thin brush liquid liner is the best I have ever used, lasts the longest and is only $3.

on 4/2/2012 11:45:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This doesn't smudge, smear nor flake. It lasts the whole day. I just wish the brown were a bit darker, but it's perfect for a barely there makeup look. A permanent on my list.

on 4/2/2012 10:20:00 AM

After using MAC's Fluidline in Blacktrack for about a year and after hearing such good reviews about this eyeliner I thought I would give it ago. This eyeliner is exceptional, especially for the price. And since it's Maybelline, pretty easy for everyone to get their hands on.

A tiny bit of product goes a long way, glides on easily, is easy to manipulate and the longevity of it's wear is exceptional, once again, considering the price.

I dislike the brush that comes with it, as I've always used a small angled liner/brow brush to apply gel eyeliner. But that's not a problem, that's just down to personal preference.

All in all, a fabulous eyeliner to create those sexy winged looks.

on 4/1/2012 12:59:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

mine does not dry :(........n smudge.....what's wrong?

on 3/31/2012 4:50:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Probably the best eyeliner I've ever had. It doesn't smudge, it stays put on my lids even after 10 hours of application (my eyelids are very oily and the weather here is super humid) and it is extremely easy to apply. The only thing I dislike from this eyeliner is that the black colour doesn't look as dramatic as liquid eyeliners enough even though it claims to be the Blackest Black.
Repurchase? Yes.

on 3/28/2012 9:55:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is not as convenient to use as liquid pen liners, But it has amazing staying power--truly is waterproof and smudge-proof. I find you have to clean the little brush it comes with often or it's hard to apply. Also after a while the stuff gets kind of dry and hard so i just put this little jar in a bowl of hot water for a while. Overall, I'll continue using this for the staying power and price.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I love this so much!! It was my first gel liner (I got mine in brown (I wanted black though...)) and provides a lovely natural liner look. My only complaint so far is that it creases onto my brow bone, however the pros are the brush and that it does not dry out!! I definitely would like to try it out again and maybe experiment with other colors.

on 3/24/2012 6:41:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

This was the first gel eyeliner that Ive ever used so I dont have that much experience or other products to compare it to, but it is definatley a brilliant purchase!

Adv:
Doesnt smudge over a long period of time
Lasts a long time

Disadv:
If it hasnt dried, and you need to touch up your lines, it will smudge and stay there!

Would recommend trying it! :)

Video Reviews & Tutorials