April 16, 2014 | 884 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2011 12:32:00 AM More reviews by mzebra

I'm a lover of liquid eyeliner, especially that Almay one with the long tapered cap. Well move over liquid eyeliners because the Maybelline Gel eyeliner is top notch. I was surprised to find how much easier this product is to use compared to pencil and liquid eyeliners. And it's not just for creating dramatic lids. This is sweet for applying a thin and effortless strokes for an everyday look. I'll be stocking up my makeup bag with more of these shades the next time my local store runs a bogo.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2011 5:52:00 AM More reviews by nnana

I have always wanted to try a gel eyeliner but found MAC too expensive so when I saw this, I knew I had to buy it! Its surprisingly easy to apply and the brush provided is brilliant. It's also a true black shade and doesn't smudge on my oily lids. Don't be fooled by the small jar - there is a lot of product in there and it lasts a looonnngg time!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2011 4:59:00 PM More reviews by GetLowxX

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I've tried many gel/cream eyeliners from drugstore brands to higher end such as MAC and BB. I used to think BB's gel eyeliners were the best that money could buy, until I tried this. I picked this up in CVS a few weeks ago for around $11. I normally use a MAC #263 brush to apply my liner since I like angled brushes for a razor sharp line and thought the brush included with the eyeliner was useless, until I started reading the reviews on here. At first I thought the brush was a little intimidating since it's not angled, but WOW, was I surprised! This brush works like a charm and the liner goes on smoothly with it, it's practically fool proof. I got the black shade since it's my favorite and this liner doesn't disappoint. It applies easily and is easy to work with, if you make a mistake. This liner lasts all day too and doesn't transfer to my upper lid or rub off, like MAC or BB liners have on me. I will definitely repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/11/2011 10:35:00 AM More reviews by windkey

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this after reading an enthusiastic review recommendation by Miss Plumcake of Manolo for the Big Girl. Best gel liner I've used. I was allergic to Smashbox, and I find this goes on smoother than MAC, and smudges less (I have terribly oily lids, so I've resigned myself to the fact that most pigments I apply in that area will migrate to some degree). However, I can wear this delicately applied on the very edges of my lower lids, and not look as though I'd been punched in the eye twenty minutes later, so I'd call that a win.

The brush that comes with this is absolutely brilliant. I have several expensive eyeliner brushes, and the stiff, sharp little brushes packed with these liners trump them all for precision and ease of application.

The colour range is limited, but since my makeup needs are pretty basic, that's not usually a problem. I find the Charcoal's a good daily liner for me; I'm getting a bit old to wear jet black liner, even thinly applied, without looking like I'm supposed to be stirring a cauldron full of newts.

Edited to remove one lippie; I bought the Eggplant, and though the colour is a delightful one for a subtle daily liner, it has a bit of sparkle in it. As with the MAC Fluidline in Macroviolet (which it very much resembles) the sparkle makes it crumbly, and less than smooth in the application. Boo!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2011 10:06:00 AM More reviews by anonymousme1028

Love this eyeliner! I'm always looking for that perfect cat-eye, but I'm not too good with liquid eyeliners. This is the first gel eyeliner I've ever used, and it was so easy to get it perfect right away! The product is nice and black, didn't fade throughout the day, didn't flake/crack/etc. It comes with a little brush, which is better than I expected. Most brushes included with products are garbage; but I actually like to use this. The stuff is impossible to remove without makeup remove, but other than that this product is everything I hoped it'd be!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2011 4:54:00 PM More reviews by jordantkim

BEST gel eyeliner I have ever used. I was using Bobby Brown's gel eyeliner previously and I didn't like the consistency. It dried out too fast and it cracked on my eyelids. This comes with a high quality brush that makes appying the eyeliner an ease. You can easily control the amount you want and/or how dramatic you want it to look. I always add a wing tip to mine and I always get compliments on how precise it looks. HIGHLY recommend it for everyday or just nightly wear!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2011 9:59:00 PM More reviews by brerobinson21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am actually confused as to why this has any bad reviews. I love this eyeliner. I don't use it everyday, just when I'm going out and want a little more drama. I always wing it, and it seriously lasts ALL NIGHT. I wake up in the morning and it's still there. The only time it comes off or smudges is when I rub my eyes, which is obviously my fault and not the fault of the product.

Overall, I found it's easy to use and long lasting. You do have to layer it to get an even, dark color, but I have barely used any product and I've had it for months. I will definitely buy this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/9/2011 5:39:00 AM More reviews by syasyamus

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like this product but not as much! I have the black one and i hate how it really smudgeswhen you tightline! its ok to use on the upper lash line thoguh!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2011 10:36:00 PM More reviews by aegriedl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

After reading raving reviews about this product, I was curious to try it. Since I was new to gel eyeliner at the time, I figured that this product would be an excellent way to try it because it is cheap. After using this product for a few weeks, I have mixed feeling. I really liked the little brush that was included because I found that it was quite easy to use. I was also quite pleased that the eyeliner did not smudge at all since I have read in many of the reviews that people were having issues with smudging. On the downside, this product was poorly pigmented. I used 'Very Black" and I was quite disappointed. In general, I would never consider this to be the worst gel eyeliner, but it has aspects that need improvement.

EDIT: I guess I must have just bought a faulty product the first time because I decided to give this another try and I love it! The texture is far more creamy and pigmented than before. It would seem that I just have bad luck with buying those rare products with defects. I can know see why everyone loves this eyeliner so much.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/4/2011 10:09:00 AM More reviews by Ski4Life

I bought this product on a whim because i've never owned a gel liner and have wanted to try one for so long. At first I really liked it, it was creamy and had a usable brush. But now, about 2 months after buying it, its pretty much dried up beyond the point of actual use. Instead of being creamy/ gel-like, it has the consistency of a dried up cream shadow, which results in hard application and fall out...I thought that was only supposed to happen with eyeshadows. But keeping in mind that the one i bought is the purple with shimmers, i might try the black one (without shimmer) eventually and it might not dry out so quickly.