NARS Sheer Glow Foundation

3.7

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene, Glycol, Glycerine, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinal Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Triethylhexanoin, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Dis-Butydimethicone Polyglyceryl-3, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Glutamate, Sorbitan, Sesquiisostearate, 1-Methylhdantoin-2-Imide, Phenoxyenthanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polusilocone-2, Serralysin, Curcuma Longa, Glycuosyl Hesperidin, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Tocpherol, [ /- (May Contain): CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides)].

HG for me!!! Being such a makeup junky, the reason why i never tried this is because of the name "sheer glow" . But after trying it there's nothing sheer about this foundation and it's not made for dry skin as described. It gives very good coverage and stay on my face better than double wear. Most foundations will slide off my nose throughout the day, but with this foundation it seems to stay really well. I dun nearly have to touch up as much and sometimes a blog with a tissue is good enough. It's a perfect good skin faker because it gives you the right amount of glow to your skin that blurs out alot of nasty stuffs. One last thing is that my face is extremely sensitive and i'm okay with this.

When i buy the foundation in sephora, it happens to have a sales rep from NARS. She swore to god that i'm SAnte fei even when i tell her it looks lighter than anything i have used on my face (NC 30- 35). And off course it did end up being too light and i had to exchange for punjab which i found is still slightly too light to my liking....so i mix a drop of darker foundation to get the color i want.

UPDATE: took two lippies off because this foundation can actually dry my skin out and then cause more breakouts. I dun understand why it claims to be for dry skin....i switched to the cream compact and my breakouts has gone down alot. It also oxidized a lot within 2 hours....my face is 1 shade or 2 darker by the end of the day....I didn't realize how bad it is until i switch to another foundation.

The shade was nice, Gobi (light with yellow tone), but it was too see-through (didn't cover my acne scars or redness well), and the finish was bad -- it sunk into my eye wrinkles and caked up on my cheeks (which are rather dry, but I did moisturize).
If you have dry spots or a lot of discoloration to hide I'd say avoid it.
It is not buildable either. It just caked up way more when I tried putting a second layer.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Sheer Glow is misleading. There is nothing sheer or glowy about it. I have combination skin and I prefer a luminous or dewy foundation. This foundation #1 is super yellow. I wear 30 in Vitaluminere (Chanel) and a NC 35 in the new Moisture Mineral foundation from MAC and this is just way to yellow. After a couple hours of wear it separated. I tried loose and pressed on top in my tone and it was horrible. I wore it without powder and the foundation wore off within hours. For this product to be $42 dollars its not worth it. Some people rave on this product. I think you either love it or hate it.

My skin is usually oily/combination with shine on my T-zone but had become quite dry in winter. I was using MAC studio fix and MAC studio sculpt but felt they were a little heavy and noticed all the chemicals in them were really effecting the quality of my skin sans make up. Nars sheer glow took a bit of getting used to application wise but once i'd tried a few different ways of applying it i got a good result. When i first apply it it can look more matte than you would expect from the 'glow' in the title but after a few hours wear (less if you are in a warm environment) it really looks nice and dewy. The coverage is much lighter than my MAC foundations, i'd say it was a light coverage, so at first i was a bit frusted with the product as it tends to go a bit flakey and cakey if you use too much. Areas of my skin with no blemishes covered really nicely and looked healthy and natural however i would definitely recommend using a seperate concealer for spots, blemishes and dark circles. I find following NARS advice and applying with your fingers gets the best result, setting with powder helps the foundation last but can matify too much which kinda defeats the whole point of buying this product. I apply in the morning, wait a few hours for the 'glow' to set in then I dont need to apply for a good 6-8 hours, sometimes i dont bother at all, just touch up a few of my blemishes with concealer. It's not one of those foundations that looks crap and patchy when it wears off either, it wears really nicely. Although the colour choices are limited, I probably won't be able to buy the right shade for me in summer when i have a tan, i love love love 'stromboli'. It was a bit light for me when i first bought it but as my skin has lost more of it's tan over the winter months it's looked better and better. It's also really hard to find the right tone for my olive skin in other brands, i need quite a high percent of yellow in my foundation to work for my skin tone so stromboli was perfect and i found the darker shades had a slightly redder tinge to them. The one plus point with NARS that i havent found with other products is it has really improved the quality of my skin sans make up just as it promised! I wear the foundation everyday and usually reapply once a day and my skin has not suffered like it does with other foundations. I still get breakouts but i think thats just ineviatible with my skin! The colour and texture of the rest of my face definitely looks healthier.
Value for money is a difficult one as its not a heavy foundation that will instantly make you look flawless, it's more of an everyday natural skin brightening foundation, that makes it hard to say its worth spending lots of money on as it's essentially your own skin, just improved. I'd definitely consider buying it again over MAC foundations and they are only £5-£10 cheaper for the same amount. The packaging is a bit annoying as I wasn't aware I needed to buy a seperate pump so I have ended up wasting product by pouring it out of the bottle, so far it has lasted me about 6 weeks with a 30ml bottle at £29.50 and it's getting close to the end but i've probably got a week or two left of foundation. My MAC foundations usually last me 3 months which is one month more than NARS but it could just be due to product wastage from not having a pump.
Overall i would definitely recommend this foundation, just make sure you buy a pump!

Generally it is a pretty good foundation if u dont like spf in foundation。I am combination to oily skin ,when first put it on, it has a nice satin finish,medium to full coverage。After 4.5 hours i need to touch up for my nose and forhead。After all day for work about 12hours am not a shinning grease ball but i need to touch up every 2.5hours

Do not buy it. It is waste of money. The cheaper foundation do the same trick.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I really like this foundation!

PROS:
- The shade Gobi was a perfect match.
- The coverage is light/medium. (I like a light base. )
- Looks natural, sinks into the skin, doesn't feel heavy.
- As the day wears on, you notice the 'glow'.
- It's not "dewy".

CONS:
- Expensive.
- Need to buy a pump separately.
- When it comes to dry patches, it is a bit a bit more forgiving than some foundations but it isn't perfect.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Got a sample of this to try in the ongoing search to replace my now-discontinued HG foundation. Not a winner for me.

It felt like I had to blend and blend and blend this one even though the color was pretty good. The finish screamed "makeup"! It also melted off pretty quickly.

Nothing to write home about. Just an OK liquid foundation, I wouldn't buy this for my fair combination skin. I think I'll try again with a newer setting powder I just bought, but I don't think my results will be much different.

I have very pale olive skin and Deauville is the only liquid foundation that has ever looked natural on my skin. This foundation is perfect to me, I've been using it for several years now and will continue to purchase. It does tend to melt off during very hot, humid days, but really ever foundation I've tried does in those circumstances. It really evens out my skin and wears well. I hate the matte Nars packaging(in this case, the lid), it looks great when new but tends to get dirty and never cleans up nicely.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

For reference I'm an NC35- I use Nars Sheer Glow in the shade Stromboli.

This foundation seemed to be heaven sent when I first had the MUA at Sephora test this on me. The color match was the best I had been able to find up until recently. It can be very frustrating trying to find a good color match for olive skin (for someone who is not Asian). This foundation does not last long, broke me out here and there, was streaky, and looked unnatural in daylight once you out of the lighting in Sephora. I had become so frustrated with finding a foundation that I SETTLED for this.

I have sensitive (reactive), dry skin, and my HG foundation now is Lancome Tient Idole 24 HR foundation. If you have been searching for the perfect foundation for your olive skintone head straight over to Lancome, you won't regret it. Don't settle for Nars like I did.

Video Reviews & Tutorials