NARS Sheer Glow Foundation

3.7

Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Triethylhexanoin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-butyldimethicone Hectorite, Sodium Glutamate, Sorbitan Sesquiisostearate, 1-Methyl-Hydantoin-2-imide, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polysilicone-2, Serralysin, Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root Extract, Glucosyl Hesperidin, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Tocopherol, [may contain: titanium dioxide, iron oxides, iron oxides]

on 9/21/2012 6:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I received a sample (pushed on me) by a Sephora rep. She thought it would be great for my oily skin. While I can say that the shade matched, and when I first put it on it looked nice, it was all downhill from there. My skin was extra-oily by 10AM. This may work nicely for normal skin types, but NOT recommended for those w/ oily skin like me. (Primer didn't help the problem, either.)

on 9/21/2012 6:48:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is such a great foundation, especially if you're looking for something that won't make you look heavily made up. NARS Sheer Glow is really light on the skin, while still covering my dark acne scars and uneven skin tone.

I am a perfect match with Syracuse, which surprised me as I read online that a lot of NC40/42 girls wear this colour (I am more NC44). Syracuse doesn't make me look orange, but enhances my brown skin tone without making me look too yellow or unnatural.

I find I can't build up too much, otherwise the "glow" gets too much and makes me look a bit oily (I have an oily t-zone). Still, a little bit of product makes me look natural, it's easy to blend and lasts pretty well throughout the day. I apply with a foundation brush, regardless of what the instructions say (they recommend to apply with your fingers). I find that it takes awhile to warm up on my skin, but it looks great once it has and I'd prefer to wait than to use my fingers and warm it up first.

The major downside is the price of this stuff ($89 NZD). I'm not too fussed that it doesn't come with a pump, because it means I don't use a lot and get the right coverage I want; I just shake the bottle and stick my brush in. Overall, I LOVE Sheer Glow - hello, HG!!

on 9/16/2012 9:10:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

Love love love! Perfect shade for me. Last longer than my mac foundations and i absolutely love the finish. I wish it comes a with pump though :)

on 9/15/2012 7:03:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

HG product. I have tried many many foundations over the years from high street to high end, and this one (being conveniently somewhere in between price-wise) is the one that matches my skin-tone best, doesn't irritate my sensitive skin, and provides a medium amount of coverage while still looking natural. I'm not sure how many times I've repurchased already - several - and I will continue to do so. I don't like the big over-cap and always take mine off and throw it away. I do like that it comes in a normal bottle and not a pump so you can get all the product out. I also like that it doesn't have SPF because, with sensitive skin, that creates another layer of possible problems, and I prefer to tackle that outside of the challenge of finding the right colour and coverage. I hope NARS will keep making this one just as it is.

This stuff is very expensive in Australia!! For AU$68, you expect it to perform very well to at least stand out from drugstore foundations.However, the good thing about getting a department store foundation is that you get an MUA there to help you choose the right match colour for your skin, but for that price, which is double the price of Revlon Photoready ($34 in Australia for Photoready is also way too expensive compared with the States!), again you expect it to be heaps better than that, but regardless of the price, i would say that it is a very good foundation.

I got the colour in Fiji which matches my skin tone fairly well. It's rather a yellow based colour and more so a day-to-day wear colour. It is a very buildable foundation, it goes on very smooth and sheer on the skin, doesn't feel heavy at all which is also what i want as you don't want a heavy foundation especially when summer is comming up! The coverage is quite sheer, and even though the consistancy feels more liquid like, it still has very buildable coverage - i have breakouts around my cheek at the momet and it covers them very well.

The finish of this foundation is just as it's stated to be - natural with a healthy glow. I personally don't like a matte finish foundation and the glow this foundation creates is very natural and I agree with some other reviewers that it does just feel like skin, it leaves your skin soft and enables it to breath, i set it with Givenchy Prisme Libre Loose Powder and it looks absolutely beautiful.

As in how long it lasts on the skin, i don't know, i've had it on for 4 hours already today and it still looks perfect, could be becaue i use loose powder on top of it, but as long as the result goes, it doesn't worry me that much so far.

Last night I had it on without any other makeup - no loose powder, no nothing, and i didn't even feel the need to wash off my face before i went to bed as it just felt so natural and skin-like, so overall, i think this is a very good option for a daily wear and it can also be built to the look you want. Again, very blendable and feels very natural, easy to build with all kinds of tools and even better with your fingers.

Would i purchase it again? probably not after this one, but who knows? It is a good foundation after all, just a little bit pricy for what it is, but i guess it's still more reasonable than other higher end products of which i don't see any wonders, but yeah, definitely a good foundation for a natural and buildable look.

on 9/13/2012 5:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is another one of those fad foundations. It's SUPER extremely insanely expensive at $55. Actually it is quite good. It's smooth, blendable, great coverage. There is only one problem. What sets it apart from other foundations? I'm not sure I know. I do recommend this foundation, but its super hard to pay 55 buckaroos.

on 9/11/2012 12:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I bought this fdn for 1.5 years and used it only once, nothing special about it, just a regular liquid fdn, and for the price, its not worth it.
I have lots, I mean lots of fdn that perform much much better than this.

on 9/11/2012 9:57:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Man, this one was hard. After months of research on color swatches and saving up money I finally went to Sephora and picked up a bottle. I LOVED this stuff. It gave me a glowing flawless face without being cakey or feeling heavy on my skin. It covered my breakouts for the most part, so I was never wearing too much makeup. Everything was going great! I really thought I had found my HG foundation, until the breakouts started.

Before using Nars Sheer Glow I would get one or two pimples around my jawline during that time of the month. A couple weeks into using this foundation, I was getting 2 or 3 new spots every night on my jawline/neck. I couldn't keep up! They never got better and they were so painful. This horrible cycle went on for a few more months until I figured out that it was this foundation causing the breakouts. After I stopped using this foundation for a week, my skin was a clearer. After two weeks, even less breakouts. I haven't used this foundation for a little over a month and I am totally clear, and back to my normal one or two spots around that time of month (although this month there was none)!

I hated to let this foundation go, it was perfect for me in every other way (color match, coverage, finish, and the way it felt on the skin), however, it was KILLING my skin. I love NARS, but I think I will have to just stick to their blushes and eyeshadows. continued >>

on 9/8/2012 11:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Sometimes I feel I have been cursed with bad skin - Large pores, acne prone, and acne scar prone. So I went to Sephora and asked the lovely lady working there a good foundation that looks natural and she recommended me this one. Why I love this foundation:

1) It looks just like skin!!
2) Feels INCREDIBLY hydrating, but waterproof and oil free!
3) It doesn't LOOK like makeup at all- It looks like HEALTHY skin
4) Lots of color to choose from!
5) The coverage is AMAZING. I have bad skin but I use ONE pump and it makes ALL the difference to my skin
6) Doesn't get cakey throughout the day
7) Doesn't SETTLE into pores (A BIG problem I have with makeup)

Love!!

on 9/3/2012 3:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

So far (I have only been using this for a couple days) I adore this foundation. Bought it in Deauville. Nice shade selection, but I feel like they're made for warmer skin tones. Pricey, but I feel like I won't run out anytime soon. They should include a pump, but it's not a huge deal. Good coverage, if you don't have too much acne. Lasts on my skin for about 7h (I have a dryer skin type than most).

Video Reviews & Tutorials