October 31, 2014 | 1670 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2011 6:25:00 PM More reviews by wintertragedyx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using this product for a little over a month now. I do not use it every day, I have many foundations that I go between (mineral, bb creams, other high end foundations) but every time I use this foundation, I am wow'd.

Originally I bought this in the shade Siberia. I loved it then because it glided on my skin like silk, but unfortunately it never "blended" very well with my skin and within an hour or two my skin would look kind of "patchy". I was sad because the finish of this product was so gorgeous.

After reading a few reviews about other people's experience with this product, I decided the color must be off. I marched myself down to Sephora and exchanged Siberia for Mont Blanc. Now it blends like a dream. It literally disappears into my skin and looks great all day. I am oily in my t-zone, and do have to blot one or twice, but I have to do this with ANY foundation that I use.

So, if you are having a bad experience with the blendibility of this product, I would suggest maybe trying a different shade. You may have a much, much better result!

*EDIT 2013*

I no longer use this foundation as my skin has gone from slightly oily to full blown grease slick. Although it used to look GORGEOUS on my skin, now I find that it tends to slip off and look gross in a few hours of wear. I do not blame the foundation for this, it is not meant for skin as oily as mine has become. But it is definitely something to keep in mind if you have super oily skin. But still, it is a 5/5 if you have the skin type for it!

*EDIT LATE 2013*

Skin is significantly less oily now due to medication (Spironolactone) and this foundation is beautiful on my skin again. YAY! I now use the shade Deauville which may be just a shade darker than my skintone (NC15ish) but I actually prefer it that way these days to give some much needed color to my skin. It lasts all day (10hrs) if I powder it on my slightly oily (but manageable now, again, yay!) skin. :)

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2011 6:21:00 PM More reviews by Stellawish12

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love this! Santa fe is the perfect match to me. I have a few different foundations on he go but reach for the sheer glow every day!!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/27/2011 7:35:00 PM More reviews by kim84

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I heard such good things about this that I needed to try it. I did my research on it and though the reviews were 50/50 I decided to get it anyway. My skin seems to change with the weather, some days it's dry, some greasy. I ordered it from Sephora, after looking into how the colors run. I'm mac nw20/22 depending on the foundations. They told me to order Deuville, which is supposidely a perfect match. I put it on and it was so light. I mean it matched my skin tone. BUT, weirdly it made me feel ghostly. No glow. Just casper like. It greased up and slid right off few hrs. later. Gross! I started googling again and makeupgeek.com popped up, and Marlena said she mixes it with Colorstay. Perfect! I have that! WELLLLLLL, it lightened that color, and made me look again like a ghost. It definitely did not look dewey. This is like a cheap drugstore foundation not worth the $. Def. returning! OH and fyi- this foundation gave me a tiny breakout within an hr. Not bad, but still, arent the all bad?

rated 1 of 5 on 10/24/2011 3:06:00 PM More reviews by twilson9655

This is by far the WORST foundation I have ever tried. Nars' Sheer Glow Foundation made me break out with huge cystic acne after just the first use. I normally use Dermalogica's foundation but wanted something with more coverage. Since I love Deep Throat by Nars I assumed the foundation would be as equally loved, however, that couldn't be further from the truth. I found this foundation very difficult to spread and the coverage faded tremendously within a couple hours. I have combination skin and felt like an oil slick by the end of the day. If you have acne prone skin I would be leery of this foundation. Still can't figure out how this is an HG item for many.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2011 1:00:00 PM More reviews by DanniiFaceCake

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this foundation. I went to my NARS counter to pick up Deep Throat blusher and the lady gave me some samples. She matched me to the shade Fiji Lights.
I never really had an interest in this foundation, because I love medium to full coverage and I assumed this was very light so I just tossed the samples in my makeup bag. It was only when I discovered that one of the packets had burst, that I decided to try it on. I fell in love.
It matched my skin so well, as I had a bit of fake tan on, which I usually wear. It covers all of my redness really well and leaves a really nice finish. It's very buildable and I can wear it light or full.
The bottle is so pretty but I really wish it had a pump. I've been using it for a week and haven't gotten any breakouts so far. I will definitely repurchase if this keeps up.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/15/2011 10:13:00 PM More reviews by Missruby17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really dont understand the positive feedbacks, I FINALLY got my NARS sheers glow foundation, & was so excited! after ive been procrastinating FOREVER. The coverage is horrible! it comes off within an hour! the coverage is alright, id give it a 7. I loved the shade, im Santa Fe and it matched my face perfectly with my neck! but as far as lasting its horrible.
Im never buying this again!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/13/2011 4:45:00 PM More reviews by kole9339

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I have this in the Mont Blanc color. The color match it pretty good with my cool, fair skin. It may be just a hair too dark, but nothing too noticeable. However, I think the color match may be the only pro to this foundation.

It has to be the worst foundation for me in terms of wear. It looks great for about an hour before it turns my face into a grease-slick. It also has a way of filling my pores on my cheeks and accentuating them 1000%. I've tried this with every primer I own, including Benefit's Porefessional and Too Faced Primed and Poreless, which both usually work so well for me. I've used every powder I can think of to set it with and still it looks terrible after an hour or so.

If you have larger pores and even a hint of oiliness to your skin, I do not suggest this foundation.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2011 8:51:00 AM More reviews by raspberrysorceress

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is the absolute best every-day use foundation ever. Firstly, for an extremely fair-skinned girl like me, the shade Siberia is an absolute perfect match - no foundation I've ever tried has ever been so accurate. I use a mac 109 brush to apply it and it's a complete dream to blend; it's smooth and buffs beautifully into the skin. When examined up close in the mirror it looks so incredibly natural, not at all cakey or heavy, yet still manages to conceal my very minor cystic-acne scarring. Definitely provides a medium coverage - I don't understand how some people can say this is sheer. I'm not so sure whether I'd call this 'glowy' upon final application, but it's certainly not matte either - perhaps satin is a better word to describe it (it's nowhere near as shiny as pro lumiere though). I didn't bother to set it with powder because of this, but due to the natural oils in my skin coming through after a few hours I'll be sure to do so next time. I love the sleek packaging, I bought the pump to go with it so I can keep re-using that for all the many bottles I'll go through in the future. I was in such raptures over this that I actually squealed after I first finished putting it on... finally I've found my holy grail.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2011 10:52:00 PM More reviews by evbenavides

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation. It matched perfect. But my problem was I have oily skin and it caused me to have break outs. Through mid-day I had to use blotting paper. So many people went out there way to tell me they loved my skin when I had it on. I have not been able to find another one like it. I might try it again this winter with a primer on first. To see if that makes a difference.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2011 1:53:00 AM More reviews by misseevie

This is the most fantastic foundation I have ever tried - and I have tried a LOT of foundations!

It just looks flawless on me:
- It's sheer but buildable, and not so pigmented that it looks cakey.
- It finishes velvety smooth but still glowing, not matte finish.
- It blends flawlessly and feels very light on - not greasy.
- My shade (santa fe) is an incredibly natural match, and has quite a lot of yellow in it, which matches my skin perfectly.

I'm tempted not to try any other foundations again after this - it's just so fantastic.