September 23, 2014 | 2072 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2011 1:53:00 AM More reviews by misseevie

This is the most fantastic foundation I have ever tried - and I have tried a LOT of foundations!

It just looks flawless on me:
- It's sheer but buildable, and not so pigmented that it looks cakey.
- It finishes velvety smooth but still glowing, not matte finish.
- It blends flawlessly and feels very light on - not greasy.
- My shade (santa fe) is an incredibly natural match, and has quite a lot of yellow in it, which matches my skin perfectly.

I'm tempted not to try any other foundations again after this - it's just so fantastic.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/1/2011 10:40:00 PM More reviews by naomi9

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Bought this from Sephora and it looked really lovely on my skin. I bought it in Barcelona. It really did make my skin glow. I tried to wear this foundation several times but each time, I almost immediately began breaking out! My skin is not acne prone. The last time I put it on, a zit popped out of my chin within the hour. Crazy. Will not repurchase. Too bad because it's hard to find a foundation that matched my skin that well and enhanced it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2011 11:01:00 AM More reviews by Hamstershell

I was lemming after this for a long time, and I could not find it in Germany. When I was holidaying in Australia and saw this for 100AUD, I just grabbed it without thinking twice. I have combo skin, very oily T zone. Although the foundation applied very easy and felt comfortable, it is really not suitable for oily skin. My T zone was a shiny mess in no time, no enough 2 hrs, on a good cold winter day, 3 hrs tops. I have tried without primer, and with (I tried Lancome La Pro, ELF studio primer, Clarins Instant smooth perfecting touch, MAC Matte gel) it just last a slight tad longer. The coverage is less than medium, and after it slided off, I looked like I had a cold and been blowing/rubbing my nose for days...... Was sooo gutted becos I had paid so much for it too. Now when I use this foundation, I have to blot and powder my T zone constantly. lippie for the color match, 2nd lippie for not breaking me out, and easy blending. That's it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2011 6:10:00 PM More reviews by machochick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've tried both the matte and sheer, this review is for the sheer glow.

I really really wanted to love this, because of the hype and good reviews. I bought this on and off, then just return it after a few days, never finishing a single bottle. I believe I bought 5 times in a year, and returned every single purchase! Because I can't decide if it's a keeper or not. In the end, I chose not to buy it again. What's the point? It took me a while to wake up.

It depends on how this will work on different skin type. But this doesn't work on my skin.

Pros:
+ feels light
+ easy to apply and blend
+ great color match (the only perfect color match for me among other foundations I tried)
+ doesn't sit on top of my skin, it looks natural

Cons:
- for the price, they should include at least a pump
- broke me out every single time
- my face looks dewy then to a grease ball even with powder on top
- transfer on clothes
- can be very sheer sometimes it feels like wearing tinted moisturizer, if put on too much to build it to cover more, I feel it heavy on my skin and caked on.
- So for me, it is not buildable coverage, it is to even skin tone

I have sometimes oily, sometimes dry skin - depending on what season. I got the same results.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2011 1:24:00 PM More reviews by jadejiang

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this product, I think it has made my skin tone more even than before I used it. Now, I don't even need to wear any concealer. It covers well and you only need to use a little dab for your face. I usually just apply it with my fingers onto the middle area of my face to even out any redness. The only thing that I don't love is the packaging of it. The cap does not close very tightly so sometimes when I shake the product before opening, a lot of it may end up getting onto the mouth of the bottle. However, it is not a big deal and I am very pleased with this purchase. I would buy it again!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2011 7:57:00 PM More reviews by Anna12345

I got a sample of this foundation in Fiji and I must say the colour is not bad. I used to use MAC NC20-25 which contains too much orange/yellow for my neutral skin tone, so finding more of a neutral colour in Fiji was fantastic.

But after using this foundation for two days, I got a couple of large pimples on my forehead (an area where I don't normally get large pimples), and I can't help but feel that they were caused by this slightly greasy foundation.

To give my skin a break, I returned to my Bourjois Bio Detox Organic foundation in shade Vanilla. As mentioned in my review of this product, I don't like the flaky look of this foundation but because it is 98% organic and very light, it gives my skin a chane to recover from the damage caused by other foundations such as this one by NARS.

I will probably try Sheer Glow a couple more times but if it does irritate my skin again, I will continue with my search for THE perfect foundation which is very difficult to find.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2011 4:58:00 PM More reviews by Khiandra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

I am very impressed with this foundation!!! My hg is Iman Foundation Stick in Clay1 but i am so happy that i decided to get the NARS Sheer Glow. OMG this stuff is amazing!! For starters i wear this in the shade Tahoe and it matches my skintone to the T. I am veeeerrry tedious/anal about my foundation's matching my skin perfectly and this stuff makes the cut. I get no ashyness look at all and it also registers very beautifully in pictures. I also love how i can use this for quicker foundation application when i don't feel like taking my time (as i need to do with my IMAN), or when im a bit more in a rush. Of course i use a foundation brush when applying this and my god...it has amazing coverage without feeling heavy nor cakey!!! I mean this stuff covers hyperpigmentation spots without me even needing to use a seperate concealer and that is just ..wow. It leaves my skin looking like....skin. Nice and smooth...a tiny bit dewy and just..fresh. I am sooooo happy that i've finally found the perfect liquid foundation. LOVE IT...Loooove IT!!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/24/2011 9:55:00 PM More reviews by Tonight

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have a very neutral skin tone, which is what first attracted me to NARS foundation. I bought Deauville which claims to be "Light with neutral balance of pink and yellow undertones", although it was definitely very yellow once applied. It looks beautiful when first applied (I used a stippling brush), although, it settled and accentuated my pores and looked very patchy after a couple of hours. I broke out pretty badly from this foundation. Definitely not impressed, and I do not recommend it. :(

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2011 10:53:00 AM More reviews by Dineenzy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Could not find a color match in almost anything i had tried.... finally walking by the NARS station i noticed how yellow toned and natural looking all the foundations appeared in the glass bottles. I found my shade ceylan.. which is great for NC 20 skin tone, i always used to buy the lightest shade in a foundation, and just deal with the pale white cast it gave me, instead of going a shade to dark... this should not be a problem in the NARS color selection!
When i got home i washed my face and applied this right away... man was i upset.. I used my fingers and quickly spread it around and rubbed it in as i would do with a tinted moisturizer... It ended up accentuating all my dry patches, ones that i had no idea were even there!
Next i tried using the buffing technique with my brushes, this worked slightly better, though still showed up many dry patches...
Finally after reading the package instructions, i followed the technique they suggested, and it worked wonderfully!... I moisturized after washing up, then shook the bottle, dispensed some on the back of my hand, took three fingers, pressed it in the foundation, then gently pressed that into my face. This takes a bit longer but provides a very nice ending result.

My face looked natural, didn't have a glittery glow but a natural glow (since there are no illuminating particles in this), and the color finally makes my whole neck and face look even!.. If you where put off by the dry patch accentuation, please try the pressing foundation into your skin technique, it may work for you!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2011 4:36:00 AM More reviews by SarByy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this foundation! I am light with cool undertones, but I am not exactly "fair". Mont Blanc is a perfect match for me! You definitely need to use a face primer and set it with powder because I noticed if I don't I get less wear time. The price is a little expensive for a little bottle, but in the long run I think it is worth it.