NARS Sheer Glow Foundation

3.7

Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Triethylhexanoin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-butyldimethicone Hectorite, Sodium Glutamate, Sorbitan Sesquiisostearate, 1-Methyl-Hydantoin-2-imide, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polysilicone-2, Serralysin, Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root Extract, Glucosyl Hesperidin, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Tocopherol, [may contain: titanium dioxide, iron oxides, iron oxides]

on 10/16/2012 1:43:00 PM

I got a sample of Nars Sheer Glow...I love how it looked on me, they make some very nice colors and I'm super pale so it was a perfect match which is hard to find...but just like with Nars Tinted moisturizer...I broke out...in big red bumps all over my face.

I'm so bummed.... I really liked the color and the the look...no NARS products for me alllowed I guess.

on 10/16/2012 10:50:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This has become my HG foundation! I have oily acne prone skin,so I never dared to think of giving this a try. To my surprise this foundation has great coverage!. It covers my redness and makes my skin look healthy. I would recommend getting a sample first before buying though.

on 10/15/2012 4:33:00 PM

So disappointed to use this at first, became cakey very soon after application with my Sigma flat top kabuki, looked so ugly! I tried applying with my fingers but it still settled into my pores and looked terrible. I wasn't going to give up as it's so expensive, so tried the Cosmopolitan beauty blender. What a,lifesaver! Made a huge difference. Not perfect, but definitely worth a try if you don't want to waste the product.

This Foundation is lovely. I use this with the Real Techniques Buffing Brush, and it leaves a satin finish. It covers most of my blemish scarring nicely, and adds a radiance to the skin without it looking greasy. I powder with the Laura Mercier Translucent powder and this combination lasts a good 10 hours, without a primer, and my skin is combination. I bought the pump along with this, as without it, its extremely messy. Being an NC20 i use the shade Fiji, its a perfect match. I will repurchase, before, I'd like to try the MUFE HD.

on 10/11/2012 9:29:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

i hate this foundation. i was very excited to use it cause i heard and saw on youtube good reviews. I have very Very dry skin. This foundation was said to give a dewy look. also moisturize the skin...did none of for me. It completely highlights my dryness. it makes my skin even more dry and looks it too. no dewy effect! I used a stippling brush, foundation brush...thinking it was the brushes, but nope! i even exfoliated my skin and moisturized...put a primer on...nope! still flaky...more dry then ever. I hate this foundation!
Oh! and not enough coverage! so yeah...deff will not repurchase.

on 10/10/2012 11:46:00 PM

I really wanted to love this product. The lady talked me into it and once again i thought she would be right and that i would LOVE IT, however that just never happened.

I tried to apply it with a brush, the beauty blender sponge, my fingers.. basically everything you could use. No matter what i did, it just wasn't the way i wanted it to look. Sometimes i found my self liking it, thinking "oh wow this is great", but then in a couple hours it just looked bad. It is sheer and doesn't cover well, if you add more then it just looks cakey.
If you have beautiful skin then i would think it would look awesome, however for me and my uneven skin-tone, it just didn't work

Bottom line- didn't cover well for me, didn't last long and made my skin look too oily and cakey .... but hey may work for you!

on 10/5/2012 2:50:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this foundation yesterday, and already love it! This foundation does exactly as the name says, it gives a really nice sheer glow, and actually gives me enough coverage that I don't even need to use concealer. When I wore it out yesterday, I was given many compliments to how 'flawless' my skin looked. I will definitely buy this foundation again when I run out.

on 10/2/2012 9:10:00 AM

Even though I told myself I wasn't going to buy any more foundations (I have just way too many), I just had to because every time I hang out with a friend who wears this foundation, I always am in awe of her skin finish. This foundation is so beautiful on the skin. I finally figured out how to describe it - it just softens the look of your skin and blurs it, almost like photoshopping :P. Some foundations really accentuate every hair, pore, etc.but this one truly makes my skin and my friend's skin (I don't know anyone else who wears it) look pretty. The coverage is light-medium, not too little, not too much (for me). The finish is glow-y and luminous so I don't set with powder. I rated the packaging as a 5 because I ordered the pump from Nordies. I don't know what MAC shade I am anymore, I would guess NC20 and after several samples, I settled with Ceylan, which has a yellow undertone. The coverage is light enough where I think you can get away with being a shade or two off since it blends really well. And a big plus - this doesn't oxidize on me.
*update* - this doesn't work for me when my skin is dry, regardless of how I apply it or what I do underneath it. Twice now, I've had to remove it right away because it just made my flakies worse. I'll save it for after winter.

on 9/27/2012 2:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

This foundation was applied on my face by a makeup artist at Sephora who did a wonderful job. When I got home my boyfriend told me how nice I looked and how pretty my face looked. The next day I went back and bought it. I have found that this looks better when applying it with a sponge instead of a brush because it looks less streaky. Make sure you blend the foundation in all of the way and set it with some powder and you will have a glowing face.
Pros:
*does not break me out
*great for winter
*satin finish
Cons
*poor packaging
*can be streaky
*expensive

on 9/25/2012 6:41:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I got this in Siberia. Firstly I love how light the colour is, and as a pale person that's hard to come across. However I don't like to use this alone as it looks quite yellow on my skin, and it doesn't cover spots and redness. And although I thought at first this was moisturizing, it made my skin look flaky! I like to use this to adjust the colour of other foundations like Estee Lauder Double Wear. It also adds a little glow to what would usually be a matte foundation.
The packaging is dumb too, the lid never stays on and the foundation goes everywhere even if you keep in the box. Also it's way too expensive for what it is!
I would only buy this again because of the colour to adjust darker foundations.

Video Reviews & Tutorials