Make Up For Ever Face & Body Liquid Make Up

4.1

Ingredients (new formula): aqua, hydrogenated polyisobutene, sorbitan sesquioleate, cyclopentasiloxane, methylpropanediol, glycerin, butylene glycol, mangifera indica seed oil (mango seed butter), acrylates/C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, tetrasodium EDTA, fragrance, PEG-8, phenoxyethanol, tromethamine, potassium myristate, chlorphenesin, methylparaben, propylparaben, caprylyl glycol, sodium polyacrylate, panthenol, hexyl cinnamal, limonene, citronnellol, geraniol, butylphenyl methylpropional, linalool, alpha-isomethyl ionene. May contain: CI 77891 (titanium dioxide), CI 777493 (iron oxides), CI 77492 (iron oxides), CI 77499 (iron oxides). Ingredients (old formula): aqua, mineral oil, sorbitan sesquioleate, cyclopentasiloxane, phenoxyethanol, acrylates/C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, triethanolamine, magnesium myristate, tetrasodium EDTA, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance. May contain: titanium dioxide, iron oxides.

I'm a NC20-25 in MAC and I find the 32 to be a great match. This is a gel like foundation with light to medium buildable coverage. I like this foundation, it gives my face a dewy, even finish. Sucks that it doesn't come with a pump, anyway I shake the bottle really well, pour a very small amount on my mixing dish, swirl with a foundation brush and apply. I noticed it blends well and gives my face an even almost perfect look when I use my fingers (clean of course) than blending it with the brush or sponge.

on 1/24/2009 6:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

After reading the reviews for this I thought I would like it but I am so dissapointed! When I put it on I expected a nice warm glow but ended up with a flat, patchy finish that eventually bled into every crease and aged me beyond belief! Oh my gosh what a dissapointment! I also can feel some zits coming on too. Not happy.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I don't know if i'm applying this wrong but sometimes my skin looks great with it and other times it looks blotchy. It's just not easy to use and it doesn't look as good as I'd hoped based on the reviews. It isn't bad and the coverage is quite natural (light/medium). It's not yellow enough though.

on 1/18/2009 11:06:00 AM

Great sheer foundation that goes on dewy and luminous. Blends very easily and doesn't dry too quickly. I bought shade 2, porcelain, which looked like a more natural beige shade compared to the other light shades which have a lot of pink in them, but when I got the product home, it looked really pink. When I put the product on a sponge and apply it, it seems to dry to beige. Porcelain is the right tone (ivory was a little too light and sand a little too dark), but maybe a blend would work out best.

on 1/16/2009 4:52:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Ahh, I have such a love-hate relationship with this product.

When I first got it, I couldn't get over how good it was. I use #42, and it matched my very yellow undertoned, medium skin perfectly. My face had a few little acne scars and redness that I needed to cover up, but otherwise it was in pretty good condition - occasional breakout, just like everyone else, but still nice and clear. I really just needed this to cover redness to even out my complexion. This stuff is sheer, doesn't cling on to dry skin,. easily blendable, and lasts all day. I don't have any issues with the bottle, since after I shake it, I use the makeup that's stuck to the bottom of the cap - about a cap and a half is all I need to cover my whole face, which isn't a lot at all. So while this is expensive, it's still very, very economical.

However, this stuff caused me to have clogged pores. My skin is just getting worse and worse, and I'm sure this stuff is to blame. It's really very sad, becasue I really, really liked this. I haven't been getting cystic acne or anything too bad like that, but just endless zits and clogged pores that refuse to go away, especially on my cheeks. I've stuck to this stuff for... six months now, but I'm going to have to let it go.

Still, I give it a three, because I still love it so much! It's just not for me!

on 1/14/2009 9:07:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

So I just bought this today. I do not know if this is a HG. Right now I have it on. It is my first liquid foundation. I had to convert because my usual powder foundation was drying out my skin like no other (and Chicago winter=death). I think it makes my skin look flawless. Much better coverage then powder foundation, thats for sure, and it also looks more natural. I can see why people like liquid foundation more. I think I have had this on for about 5 hours. My face has yet to break out in oilies. I'm dead serious. By now, my powder foundation would be oiling up around the nose and chin.

As a liquid foundation newbie, I am very pleased with the application ability of this product. It blends in beautifully, no streaks or anything. I have neutral beige olive skin, and I am wearing this in shade 34. I hate MUFE's color system, I have had problems with them before but rest assured I figured out the best shade for me. The color seems a little bit darker/warmer when you put it on your face at home than when you use that same color out of a tester bottle at Sephora. It still looks very natural and normal, no mask look goin' on or anything. Within 30 minutes to an hour, it seems to turn into the original color you chose. And no, it isn't wearing off (because all of my acne scars are still hidden!)

I finish with the MUFE HD loose powder. So far I am extremely pleased. Extremely expensive, the two items cost over 30 dollars each. Whatever, for now it's worth it. Welcome to the world of LIQUID FOUNDATION

EDIT: Today was my first "official" day wearing it (out). Definitely has lasting power but it caused a pimple on my forehead. I'm gonna stop now before it turns into a breakout. Also the color is a bit too dark/pinkish for me so I am gonna switch to Lancome (I use their Effacernes concealer in neutral (beige) and never in my life have I found such a good color match).
Also I have acne scars on my forehead and my chin. Although the product slightly camouflaged the ones on my chin, it did nothing for my forehead (no matter how many layers I put on)

I received this as a sample... Personally i think it is too sheer... I loke a full coverage foundation... The feel is nice if you are looking for a more sheer foundation... just not for me...

on 1/13/2009 3:29:00 PM

I absolutely love this!
I ran out of my MUFE HD. My color wasnt available at sephora so I gave this one a try. I found my color match on the sephora website. http://sephora.com/browse/brand_hierarchy.jhtml?brandId=Make%20Up%20For%20Ever&contentId=C19212

Pros:

- Very buildable! You can go from sheer to medium and maybe even full. But I havent try the full coverage I can understand why this is for professionals. Its very versatile!
- Its great for my acne-prone skin. No break-out. Most waterproof foundations break me out. This doesnt.
- My skintexture looks great. It doesnt accentuate my pores. Or any dry patches. Smooth finish.
- Its longlasting.
- Dewy finish. I hate matt finish. Makes my skin look dead.
- Doesnt melt off my skin!!
- The color 32 is a bit yellow at first. But i find that i adapts to my skintone. Meaning that it looks very natural on me. Its a sad thing that they dont have all the colors here in Holland. It stops at 32.
- Looks great on photos.
- The formula feels like water on your skin. Its waterbased btw. I love it!

Cons:
- No pump! But I can understand that because it is a gel.

I can recommend this.. all ages and skintypes. If you are very oily let the foundation dry then bloth finally set with a powder.

on 1/13/2009 2:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I shall start this review by giving you a brief history of my relationship with various foundations.

2000: I find Prescriptives Virtual Skin. The shade Real Antelope is perfect for faking good skin-- sheer coverage, a good match on my dark skin and easy to apply. I use this for many years-- and always think it is wonderful-- and it is, for I naively do not know any better.

2006: I try a *god-awful* stint with Bare Escentuals Mineral Makeup. It looks absolutely terrible-- blotchy, patchy, dry, shiny and dirty all at once. Is it possible for makeup to make you look 204 years of age instead of only 24? Apparently. Back to PX's Real Antelope for my wedding, this time with some Flawless Skin Powder over it. I will not know until I see the professional photos that my wedding makeup is too light. I try MAC, discover I am NC43ish, and that MAC gives me delightful red polka-dots all over.

May of 2007: I discover I am pregnant! (My husband apparently did not refuse to touch me despite my ill-matching powder.) I find my skin more fickle and try Stila's Natural Finish Oil Free Makeup. This is fine enough for a while. Then I realize that this coverage, while sheer is certainly not buildable, and comes off on everything. I quietly allow this to be forgotten about in my makeup bag.

December 2008: With a husband, full-time job, 10-month-old and everything inbetween, I discover that my patience for makeup that does not cover the evidence of my sleepless nights is waning. Upon the recommendation of the many reviewers here on MUA, I purchase the F&B in #18-- and lo and behold! People are declaring me a well-rested, poreless beauty. It is sheer coverage that lasts and is buildable. I-- am in love.

Who says happy endings don't exist?

on 1/11/2009 6:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

I have to say that this foundation is 38947938274 times better than MAC's version of the face & body. It's less oilier, less stickier, and it actually doesn't rub off unlike MAC. The gel-like consistency is pretty cool to me, and I like seeing the water on top before I shake it (weird, I know, lol). It dries so fast that you have to do one section at a time on the face. Just remember to set it with a setting powder of your choice. It looks sheer but still manages to give my face a flawless complexion. I tried applying this with my 187 brush, but it didn't come out quite right, so I use a wedge and it gets the job done. Sadly, as much as I love this foundation, I had to take it back because the color match is just off. For reference, i'm NC50 in MAC. I tried #44 but it was too dark/reddish. Then I tried #12 and it was a bit too light and ashy looking. I'm guessing if I mix 44 & 12 together I might get the perfect match, BUT this stuff costs $38. a piece and I don't have that kind of money to blow, lol. Not to mention I don't have the TIME to mix every morning either. I really really do love this foundation though, and if the color was right, this would have been my HG.

UPDATE 1/13/09: So I broke down today and I went and got the shade in 44 (I already had 12). I mixed both together in a cup and poured them back into the bottles. End result? I was right. The color match was perfect and now I have 2 bottles of perfectly matched foundation, lol. I just couldn't see myself using any other foundation anymore, but this. YES it was that good that I had to blow $76. on 2 bottles of foundation. These will last me a very VERY long time :)

UPDATE 5/25/13: It's down to the wire on bottle number 2, LOL! These 2 bottles have lasted me 4 years and they didn't go bad on me. No weird smell, no weird texture change... nada. I always made sure to keep the rim of the bottle clean, kept it tightly closed, and didn't open it unless I knew for sure that I was going to use it. I still love F&B and i'm still using it. I'm going to cry when the day comes where I have blow another $80. on this stuff, lmao. continued >>