Make Up For Ever Face & Body Liquid Make Up

4.1

Ingredients (new formula): aqua, hydrogenated polyisobutene, sorbitan sesquioleate, cyclopentasiloxane, methylpropanediol, glycerin, butylene glycol, mangifera indica seed oil (mango seed butter), acrylates/C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, tetrasodium EDTA, fragrance, PEG-8, phenoxyethanol, tromethamine, potassium myristate, chlorphenesin, methylparaben, propylparaben, caprylyl glycol, sodium polyacrylate, panthenol, hexyl cinnamal, limonene, citronnellol, geraniol, butylphenyl methylpropional, linalool, alpha-isomethyl ionene. May contain: CI 77891 (titanium dioxide), CI 777493 (iron oxides), CI 77492 (iron oxides), CI 77499 (iron oxides). Ingredients (old formula): aqua, mineral oil, sorbitan sesquioleate, cyclopentasiloxane, phenoxyethanol, acrylates/C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, triethanolamine, magnesium myristate, tetrasodium EDTA, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance. May contain: titanium dioxide, iron oxides.

on 1/1/2009 9:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This led to a layer of oil on my face at the end of the day. It went on nicely, though, and sure looked nice at the beginning.

on 1/1/2009 1:11:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I broke down when I couldn't decide between mac f&b and this and purchased both. I believe I ended up with shade 34, and I will note that MUF has what I believe to be the most jacked up system of shade numbering in the mu business. That, however, is my ONLY complaint. I love the finish I get with this. It blends seemlessly with my skin, stays on all day (for me, often 10 hours more), and looks dewy, never greasy. I reach for this twice as often as the mac f&b, though that is a great foundation too. I wish the bottle was easier to deal with, but I just tip it over on the back on my freshly washed hand and use a stippling brush to 'airbrush' it on my skin. My boyfriend's mom was facinated by this unorthodox method when she watched me at work while we stayed with her lol. Shake it very well, ladies, and try shades at sephora, if possible. I tried three samples before I found a match. I know it's pricey, but I use this almost every day and have barely made a dent after 2 months, and I cover my face, neck and lightly use it on my chest if I have a lower cut shirt. I really think both of these (muf and mac f&b) are too expensive for using on the body, but they will last a looooong time otherwise. Oh, no SPF in either one, so minimum of 30spf beforehand, ladies!!!

on 1/1/2009 9:59:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I've been lemming this forever-probably years-I just broke down and ordered a bottle sight unseen, but by everyone's fantastic reviews I had an idea that #20 would be the right shade and that it would work well with my skin type.
I haven't used this with photos yet, which was my initial interest in the product. I noticed that the wear is great-long lasting, doesn't cake, looks fresh and dewy without being greasy. I have noticed no sensitivity or burgeoning breakouts with this foundation. The major downfall is that it is REALLY pricey (for me,anyway.) I've spent more on Chanel in the past, but that was BC (before returning to college.)'m hopiing this lasts me a while! The color match is great too; I am NC20 in MAC, Golden Fair (EM),W1 (Alima),Ecru Beige (SH),Stila B, Becca Banana,etc. (You get the idea.) This will probably be HG material.

on 12/30/2008 5:33:00 PM

I get married in September 2009, and am starting to experiment with makeup products and looks; I'm also a procrastinator which is why I've begun my search 9+ months early! Due to sunscreen and retinoid use, my face is lighter than my shoulders/arms, and needed to find a foundation that would match my skin/neck to my shoulders/arms. To complicate matters, my forehead is also a tad darker than my cheeks. So essentially, I am looking for a foundation that provides decent coverage, photographs well, and can also blend my skintone. I have combo skin, NC30/Chanel Shell/G.A. 4.5/Everyday Minerals Medium Beige, yellow-neutral, Asian skintone.

MUAers have always spoken highly of Make Up For Ever products, which is why I gravitated towards this line. I chose the Face and Body formula because I knew from prior experience that it mixes well with cream to become a tinted moisturizer, which is what I wear on a day-to-day basis. Originally, the sales assistant at Sephora matched me to shade 32 (Alabaster Beige), which matched my jawline fairly well, but when applied to my entire face, my face was very, very light in comparison to my arms. So I exchanged 32 for 34 (Honey Beige), which looked too dark in the bottle but when applied with a damp sponge yielded the best balance between my body and face's skin colors. The coverage is sheer and natural, but the pigmentation is excellent and provides a natural "veil" of color. I have not experienced any negative reactions (breakouts, redness, etc.) and will repurchase.

Lately, I've been mixing this with a dab of MAC Strobe Cream and I love the look of this tinted moisturizer - glowy but not sparkly, and an excellent tint of color.

on 12/29/2008 4:02:00 PM

This product would be my HG foundation (and I've tried so many) if it would only stop making me shine. It doesn't give my break-outs or anything it just doesn't have any kind of matifying power. BUT it looks amazing if I take the effort to re-powder during the day, it's absolutely non drying, it gives a great and natural finish with buildable coverage that seems barely there - no mask effect whatsoever. I apply it with a brush or with my fingers and set with MAC Blotting Powder (which I can only use on my nose since it is too drying) but this doesn't keep the shine away. Next try will be Guerlain's Parure Extreme - I hope it does the same trick but with a matte nose as extra. That's the only reason I won't be buying the MUFE fdt again anywhere soon. Do try this if you have rather dry skin allover.

on 12/28/2008 7:46:00 PM

I had been using Make Up For Ever's Liquid Lift foundation, and just found out Sephora no longer carries it. I heard you can still buy it from the MUFE store in NYC, but that's too much trouble for me. I was a #3 in that. I bought #32 in Face & Body. (I am an NC-25 for reference.) I really like it. It is a good match for my skintone. I use MAC's blot powder over it in medium. It is a gel-like consistency. I like the opening, even though it's not a pump, because I can dip my MAC 187 brush in the top and get out a little foundation, whereas I probably waste more foundation with the pump top of the Liquid Lift container. I don't like the cheap flowery smell. There is a lot more in the bottle than in the Liquid Lift bottle (50 ml in the Face & Body vs. 30 ml in the Liquid Lift), and they're the same price, so I feel this is a much better deal. However, since this is sheerer than Liquid Lift, I may end up using more product or just as much as Liquid Lift. I had a hard time choosing between this and MUFE HD foundation, but decided on this. I find it covers well. It is sheerer than the Liquid Lift, but is buildable, like other reviewers have noted. I will buy this product again (unless I decide to try out the HD, just for curiosity's sake). FYI, I bought Liquid Lift in June of 2008 and used it every day until April of 2009 (when it ran out). So even though the MUFE foundations are expensive, they last a long time.

EDITED: I took off a lippie because the rose smell is really annoying, and you can smell it for awhile after you apply it to your face. I don't know if I'll buy again because of the noxious smell.

**EDITED on 5/12/12: Took off another lippie. My favorite foundation of all time is MUFE Mat Velvet Plus, so I like this foundation less than I used to.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

LOVE this foundation. My skin is extremely dry, so most foundations tend to dry my skin out bad and make it peel. This foundation doesn't do that. In fact, it keeps my skin hydrated all day long. It has a nice dewy finish and it doesn't look like I'm wearing make up. It is very light, so its not the best full coverage foundation if thats what your looking for. You CAN layer it, however. This is definetly one of the best foundations I've ever used. I've been using it for about a year now, and I don't think I'll be switching foundations anytime soon.

on 12/24/2008 12:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Ok so this review is based on a week sample .
I have been using this for the last week straight.
I had begun noticing a few pimples after 3 days and today I have about 10-15! pimples all over my right cheek and left jaw line.
Now I don't know if this is from the makeup or something else as I do break out here and there but I haven't done anything different and these did appear as I have started wearing this.

I use Retin A ,this is the most pimples I have had since starting Retin A .

I think for those who won't have skin issues with this that it's really nice dewy. Def sheer but if you just put a little more on it's buildable.

it's too bad my whole face is breaking out it's a nice match and good coverage without feeling like anything is on my face

oh well

on 12/22/2008 3:15:00 AM

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I like this product very much.You will like if you are always pursue naked makeup.It's suit for girls whoes skin is delicate enough.And it's protect completely wet.

on 12/17/2008 1:20:00 AM

Love the way this feels on my dry skin. I found the texture to be almost gel-like, and it feels cool on the skin when applied. I have clear skin w/ broken capillaries and redness around the nose. This did not cover the redness up completely, nor did I expect it to as it is a light-med coverage. Med coverage if you build it up. It sorta to me resembles a TM but w/ a little more coverge. When applied w/ my 187 brush
( skunk), it looked flawless. I did like the "dewy" finish it provided. This foundation did not break me out, but it also did not last on my face all day either. I am not one who touches up throughout the day, except for the occasional pwdering on the nose w/ MAC's blot powder. I do use a primer daily, so I was disappointed that this didn't even last w/ a primer. Overall, I liked the way it looked after I applied it, but wished it lasted all day on me. If it did, I would repurchase. I found MAC's Face and Body to be better than this, & that lasts on me all day.

***Edit ~ 7/2009***

I decided to give this foundation another go, and guess what? I really like it and it does last! I have found that not every foundation should be applied the same way. Meaning, I was using my 187 skunk for all my foundations, but realize it works best w/ thicker foundations ( EL DW or MAC SFF). For MUFE F&B, I used my MAC 109 brush, and stipple it on, then blend and the coverage is amazing! Flawless. Since I do have redness around the nose I apply 2 layers of this foundation. I let the 1st layer dry for about 3 mins, then apply a 2nd layer. Finally, it wore all day and is waterproof ( went swimming). So, I would repurchase as well as recommend it! FYI ~ I am NC35/40 in MAC and wear this in #34. I can get away w/ #32, but a bronzer is definitely needed.