January 29, 2015 | 1947 users online

Liquid - Make Up For Ever - Face & Body Liquid Make Up

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2008 5:33:00 PM More reviews by Kandinsky

I get married in September 2009, and am starting to experiment with makeup products and looks; I'm also a procrastinator which is why I've begun my search 9+ months early! Due to sunscreen and retinoid use, my face is lighter than my shoulders/arms, and needed to find a foundation that would match my skin/neck to my shoulders/arms. To complicate matters, my forehead is also a tad darker than my cheeks. So essentially, I am looking for a foundation that provides decent coverage, photographs well, and can also blend my skintone. I have combo skin, NC30/Chanel Shell/G.A. 4.5/Everyday Minerals Medium Beige, yellow-neutral, Asian skintone.

MUAers have always spoken highly of Make Up For Ever products, which is why I gravitated towards this line. I chose the Face and Body formula because I knew from prior experience that it mixes well with cream to become a tinted moisturizer, which is what I wear on a day-to-day basis. Originally, the sales assistant at Sephora matched me to shade 32 (Alabaster Beige), which matched my jawline fairly well, but when applied to my entire face, my face was very, very light in comparison to my arms. So I exchanged 32 for 34 (Honey Beige), which looked too dark in the bottle but when applied with a damp sponge yielded the best balance between my body and face's skin colors. The coverage is sheer and natural, but the pigmentation is excellent and provides a natural "veil" of color. I have not experienced any negative reactions (breakouts, redness, etc.) and will repurchase.

Lately, I've been mixing this with a dab of MAC Strobe Cream and I love the look of this tinted moisturizer - glowy but not sparkly, and an excellent tint of color.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2008 4:02:00 PM More reviews by GirlFromB

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product would be my HG foundation (and I've tried so many) if it would only stop making me shine. It doesn't give my break-outs or anything it just doesn't have any kind of matifying power. BUT it looks amazing if I take the effort to re-powder during the day, it's absolutely non drying, it gives a great and natural finish with buildable coverage that seems barely there - no mask effect whatsoever. I apply it with a brush or with my fingers and set with MAC Blotting Powder (which I can only use on my nose since it is too drying) but this doesn't keep the shine away. Next try will be Guerlain's Parure Extreme - I hope it does the same trick but with a matte nose as extra. That's the only reason I won't be buying the MUFE fdt again anywhere soon. Do try this if you have rather dry skin allover.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2008 7:46:00 PM More reviews by liz91

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I had been using Make Up For Ever's Liquid Lift foundation, and just found out Sephora no longer carries it. I heard you can still buy it from the MUFE store in NYC, but that's too much trouble for me. I was a #3 in that. I bought #32 in Face & Body. (I am an NC-25 for reference.) I really like it. It is a good match for my skintone. I use MAC's blot powder over it in medium. It is a gel-like consistency. I like the opening, even though it's not a pump, because I can dip my MAC 187 brush in the top and get out a little foundation, whereas I probably waste more foundation with the pump top of the Liquid Lift container. I don't like the cheap flowery smell. There is a lot more in the bottle than in the Liquid Lift bottle (50 ml in the Face & Body vs. 30 ml in the Liquid Lift), and they're the same price, so I feel this is a much better deal. However, since this is sheerer than Liquid Lift, I may end up using more product or just as much as Liquid Lift. I had a hard time choosing between this and MUFE HD foundation, but decided on this. I find it covers well. It is sheerer than the Liquid Lift, but is buildable, like other reviewers have noted. I will buy this product again (unless I decide to try out the HD, just for curiosity's sake). FYI, I bought Liquid Lift in June of 2008 and used it every day until April of 2009 (when it ran out). So even though the MUFE foundations are expensive, they last a long time.

EDITED: I took off a lippie because the rose smell is really annoying, and you can smell it for awhile after you apply it to your face. I don't know if I'll buy again because of the noxious smell.

**EDITED on 5/12/12: Took off another lippie. My favorite foundation of all time is MUFE Mat Velvet Plus, so I like this foundation less than I used to.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2008 1:42:00 AM More reviews by persianprincess00

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE this foundation. My skin is extremely dry, so most foundations tend to dry my skin out bad and make it peel. This foundation doesn't do that. In fact, it keeps my skin hydrated all day long. It has a nice dewy finish and it doesn't look like I'm wearing make up. It is very light, so its not the best full coverage foundation if thats what your looking for. You CAN layer it, however. This is definetly one of the best foundations I've ever used. I've been using it for about a year now, and I don't think I'll be switching foundations anytime soon.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/24/2008 12:54:00 PM More reviews by h0cusp0cus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Ok so this review is based on a week sample .
I have been using this for the last week straight.
I had begun noticing a few pimples after 3 days and today I have about 10-15! pimples all over my right cheek and left jaw line.
Now I don't know if this is from the makeup or something else as I do break out here and there but I haven't done anything different and these did appear as I have started wearing this.

I use Retin A ,this is the most pimples I have had since starting Retin A .

I think for those who won't have skin issues with this that it's really nice dewy. Def sheer but if you just put a little more on it's buildable.

it's too bad my whole face is breaking out it's a nice match and good coverage without feeling like anything is on my face

oh well

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2008 3:15:00 AM More reviews by monicachen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I like this product very much.You will like if you are always pursue naked makeup.It's suit for girls whoes skin is delicate enough.And it's protect completely wet.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2008 1:20:00 AM More reviews by desertmom4

Love the way this feels on my dry skin. I found the texture to be almost gel-like, and it feels cool on the skin when applied. I have clear skin w/ broken capillaries and redness around the nose. This did not cover the redness up completely, nor did I expect it to as it is a light-med coverage. Med coverage if you build it up. It sorta to me resembles a TM but w/ a little more coverge. When applied w/ my 187 brush
( skunk), it looked flawless. I did like the "dewy" finish it provided. This foundation did not break me out, but it also did not last on my face all day either. I am not one who touches up throughout the day, except for the occasional pwdering on the nose w/ MAC's blot powder. I do use a primer daily, so I was disappointed that this didn't even last w/ a primer. Overall, I liked the way it looked after I applied it, but wished it lasted all day on me. If it did, I would repurchase. I found MAC's Face and Body to be better than this, & that lasts on me all day.

***Edit ~ 7/2009***

I decided to give this foundation another go, and guess what? I really like it and it does last! I have found that not every foundation should be applied the same way. Meaning, I was using my 187 skunk for all my foundations, but realize it works best w/ thicker foundations ( EL DW or MAC SFF). For MUFE F&B, I used my MAC 109 brush, and stipple it on, then blend and the coverage is amazing! Flawless. Since I do have redness around the nose I apply 2 layers of this foundation. I let the 1st layer dry for about 3 mins, then apply a 2nd layer. Finally, it wore all day and is waterproof ( went swimming). So, I would repurchase as well as recommend it! FYI ~ I am NC35/40 in MAC and wear this in #34. I can get away w/ #32, but a bronzer is definitely needed.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2008 7:14:00 PM More reviews by Isyss456

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Okay, the SA at Sephora gave me a HUGE sample of this, and I have worn it enough to form an opinion. First off, I don't like how the shades are oddly and randomly numbered, they should fix that, so people can make more sense of the color range. However, after looking at them in store, I tried samples of #32, and #1 (I'm NC25-30, 125/MUFE HD). The #1 is a perfect match, though, I could get away with #32. I have VERY oily skin, and this doesn't make me any oilier than any other foundation, it has a sorta dewy look to it, which I don't mind; just because my skin is oily doesnt mean I want my face to look bone dry and parched (Teint Idole Ultra!) With my Super Mat Loose powder on top I'm good to go, and yes, I get some shine, but it comes across as more of a healthy glow than a greasy crisco face (DuWop Revolotion!) It goes on my skin smoothly and blends in quite effortlessly, and I like that its buildable. It's just so versatile, it can be applied with a brush or fingers and still look good, and of course, it can be used on the body too. It also looks good in pictures, does not turn colors on me, and hasn't broken me out. I would have given it five lippies, but I had to deduct one just because it's not really compatible for oilier skintypes. Oh, and the packaging sucks, things could get messy if you're not careful. So while this is not quite the HG foundation for my severely oily skin (if such a thing exists), I really like it and plan to purchase. Oh, and I like that they took out the mineral oil. The ones one Sephora's website still have Mineral Oil listed in the ingridients, but I checked some of the boxes at my local Sephora store, and were all the new formula. Sorry this is so long, but I try to be really helpful when I do reviews :-)

16 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2008 11:22:00 AM More reviews by WillyWonka

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Where has this been all of my life?? I had heard great things about this foundation but was a little hesitant to get it because I have really acne-prone skin and every foundation seems to break my skin out. I also could not find a long-lasting, fresh-finish liquid foundation out there (I had been using EL's DW and it looked like a white, clay mask on my face!). I finally decided to take the plunge and I am so glad I did. The Sephora SA suggested LORAC oil-free and I insisted that I wanted THIS foundation so I got the lightest shade--this MELTS into the skin--perfect shade and fantastic natural finish (not matte and not greasy). It stays put all day and just for a little added insurance I bought the MUFE fix spray for face to set my makeup--I am SO happy with this. Only cons: the weird consistency and the glass bottle--wish it were in a squeeze tube. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/11/2008 9:13:00 PM More reviews by MoiraMoira

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I am a MAC nc40/42. Similar in complexion to Rihanna. I got this originally in #6 which was a drop too dark. I went back and was matched for #34. #34 is the perfect depth, but it wasn't warm enough. I went to a freestanding Makeup Forever store and the MA was incredibly nice about mixing the shade I bought at Sephora. She poured in a little #18 which she said added more olive tone. I do wish this had more shades, but considering they are willing to color match it makes sense. The finish is light, but buildable so if you want medium coverage you can get it. It's not oil controlling, but it's not super greasy either. All around I really like this foundation and will purchase again. It's the one foundation that hasn't made my skin flaky looking or suffocatingly heavy.