Make Up For Ever Face & Body Liquid Make Up

4.1

Ingredients (new formula): aqua, hydrogenated polyisobutene, sorbitan sesquioleate, cyclopentasiloxane, methylpropanediol, glycerin, butylene glycol, mangifera indica seed oil (mango seed butter), acrylates/C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, tetrasodium EDTA, fragrance, PEG-8, phenoxyethanol, tromethamine, potassium myristate, chlorphenesin, methylparaben, propylparaben, caprylyl glycol, sodium polyacrylate, panthenol, hexyl cinnamal, limonene, citronnellol, geraniol, butylphenyl methylpropional, linalool, alpha-isomethyl ionene. May contain: CI 77891 (titanium dioxide), CI 777493 (iron oxides), CI 77492 (iron oxides), CI 77499 (iron oxides). Ingredients (old formula): aqua, mineral oil, sorbitan sesquioleate, cyclopentasiloxane, phenoxyethanol, acrylates/C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, triethanolamine, magnesium myristate, tetrasodium EDTA, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance. May contain: titanium dioxide, iron oxides.

on 1/13/2009 2:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I shall start this review by giving you a brief history of my relationship with various foundations.

2000: I find Prescriptives Virtual Skin. The shade Real Antelope is perfect for faking good skin-- sheer coverage, a good match on my dark skin and easy to apply. I use this for many years-- and always think it is wonderful-- and it is, for I naively do not know any better.

2006: I try a *god-awful* stint with Bare Escentuals Mineral Makeup. It looks absolutely terrible-- blotchy, patchy, dry, shiny and dirty all at once. Is it possible for makeup to make you look 204 years of age instead of only 24? Apparently. Back to PX's Real Antelope for my wedding, this time with some Flawless Skin Powder over it. I will not know until I see the professional photos that my wedding makeup is too light. I try MAC, discover I am NC43ish, and that MAC gives me delightful red polka-dots all over.

May of 2007: I discover I am pregnant! (My husband apparently did not refuse to touch me despite my ill-matching powder.) I find my skin more fickle and try Stila's Natural Finish Oil Free Makeup. This is fine enough for a while. Then I realize that this coverage, while sheer is certainly not buildable, and comes off on everything. I quietly allow this to be forgotten about in my makeup bag.

December 2008: With a husband, full-time job, 10-month-old and everything inbetween, I discover that my patience for makeup that does not cover the evidence of my sleepless nights is waning. Upon the recommendation of the many reviewers here on MUA, I purchase the F&B in #18-- and lo and behold! People are declaring me a well-rested, poreless beauty. It is sheer coverage that lasts and is buildable. I-- am in love.

Who says happy endings don't exist?

on 1/11/2009 6:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

I have to say that this foundation is 38947938274 times better than MAC's version of the face & body. It's less oilier, less stickier, and it actually doesn't rub off unlike MAC. The gel-like consistency is pretty cool to me, and I like seeing the water on top before I shake it (weird, I know, lol). It dries so fast that you have to do one section at a time on the face. Just remember to set it with a setting powder of your choice. It looks sheer but still manages to give my face a flawless complexion. I tried applying this with my 187 brush, but it didn't come out quite right, so I use a wedge and it gets the job done. Sadly, as much as I love this foundation, I had to take it back because the color match is just off. For reference, i'm NC50 in MAC. I tried #44 but it was too dark/reddish. Then I tried #12 and it was a bit too light and ashy looking. I'm guessing if I mix 44 & 12 together I might get the perfect match, BUT this stuff costs $38. a piece and I don't have that kind of money to blow, lol. Not to mention I don't have the TIME to mix every morning either. I really really do love this foundation though, and if the color was right, this would have been my HG.

UPDATE 1/13/09: So I broke down today and I went and got the shade in 44 (I already had 12). I mixed both together in a cup and poured them back into the bottles. End result? I was right. The color match was perfect and now I have 2 bottles of perfectly matched foundation, lol. I just couldn't see myself using any other foundation anymore, but this. YES it was that good that I had to blow $76. on 2 bottles of foundation. These will last me a very VERY long time :)

UPDATE 5/25/13: It's down to the wire on bottle number 2, LOL! These 2 bottles have lasted me 4 years and they didn't go bad on me. No weird smell, no weird texture change... nada. I always made sure to keep the rim of the bottle clean, kept it tightly closed, and didn't open it unless I knew for sure that I was going to use it. I still love F&B and i'm still using it. I'm going to cry when the day comes where I have blow another $80. on this stuff, lmao. continued >>

on 1/9/2009 6:19:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I got this foundation in swap from a superlovely MUA'er. I am NC25 and can get away with both 20 and 32. 32 is a quite yellow based though. I really wish to find a shade in between the two.
Cons: I hate the numbering system of their shades. They are just numbered at random (or some insane logic that I fail to understand) which makes it hard to look for a shade.
Also I really hope they change the wide mouthed packaging which caused my foundation to spill. A squeeze bottle like Mac Face & Body foundation would be nice.
Pros: This foundation is light coverage (buildable) with a glowy finish. I love the fact that when I put this on it looks very natural unlike some others which scream that u are wearing foundation. It doesnt cake when u layer it on for more coverage. This product is not as expensive as it sounds because it is 38$ for 1.69 fl oz while most bottles only contain 1oz.
The lasting power is also very good!

Comparison between Mac and MUFE F&B
I am NC25 in MAC and was matched N3 in MAC F&B.
for starters mufe has really crappy packaging and mac has a better packaging.so this point goes in favour of mac
secondly, mac has more quantity so is cheaper, another point in favour of mac.
thirdly, the shade numbering system of mufe is crazy! i have no idea wats the logic behind numbering the shades. so it may be easier to find a shade match with mac.thats another point in its favour
fourthly,coverage: eventhough both of them are sheer mac f&b is like u have nothing on.i see it as between no to light coveage . mufe has light coverage. but for both coverage is buildable so thats a huge plus for me where mufe is concerned.
fifthly,finish: i find mac to be more dewy as compared to mufe. I find mufe to be glowy.so for me thats a point in favour of mufe

also,mufe has a weird texture (blobby jelly like) and is fragranced. that may make a huge difference to some..

bottomline: despite crappy packaging and insane shade numbering i stick to mufe for its light coverage and finish. besides, mac has been known to break out some people (not me so far but y take chances?) and oxidise.so mufe is a safer option.
i hope that helps!

I went to Sephora and asked a lady to match me and give me a little sample of it in a little container.
I've only used it one day and so far it's amazing I'm in love with it it's just the thing i was looking for. It feels amazing, not heavy or cakey at all. Looks natural, lasts long. It's quite expensive but i think it's worth the money.

on 1/6/2009 2:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm in love with this foundation. I was matched with #32, Alabaster Beige, but it's a tad too dark. I would probably have to mix shades as #38 is too light. Luckily, the formula is pretty sheer, so it doesn't look awful on me. It just makes me a little darker than I really am. Haha. As I was saying, the weird gel formula is sheer, but offers great buildable coverage. I use my Sonia Kashuk flat blusher brush for application. I put a little on the back of my hand, then use that brush to stipple it on my face before blending it out in small circular motions. It's weird--it doesn't look like anything is happening, but when I'm done, my face looks perfect. It isn't the foundation mask I'm used to. Instead, it looks like my skin but better. If I'm having a bad skin day, I can use a little more in problem areas and it still doesn't look caked on. It's wonderful.

on 1/6/2009 1:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

Love this foundation. Such a smooth, natural, dewy finish. Doesnt cake up and wears well during the day. Also layers well and gives an airbrushed finish if desired. Light to med coverage. Doesnt irritate my skin. Great color match for this nc45 ggg! Only wished it had a pump on the bottle. Other than that, it is perfection!

on 1/6/2009 12:55:00 PM

i tried. very natural, dewy, never tried a foundation can give me a doll-like look (hard, reflective plastic). but not my cup of tea.

on 1/6/2009 1:30:00 AM

I heart this foundation. Its thin so you can layer, isnt cakey, and gives you the final result of your skin but better. who wouldnt want that!

On a usual day i would only put on maybe 1-2 layers of foundation with my foundation brush. The second layer just on splotches, or dark areas etc. and the look is virtually perfect. keep in mind this WILL enhance flakes or dry skin.

When i go out at night, i probably brush on about 3 layers, because i know i will be taking alot of pictures, and the look is still natural. amazing stuff. I've been using this since November, and i've only used a 1/6. a little goes a long way. I also finish with the HD loose powder.

on 1/1/2009 9:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This led to a layer of oil on my face at the end of the day. It went on nicely, though, and sure looked nice at the beginning.

on 1/1/2009 1:11:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I broke down when I couldn't decide between mac f&b and this and purchased both. I believe I ended up with shade 34, and I will note that MUF has what I believe to be the most jacked up system of shade numbering in the mu business. That, however, is my ONLY complaint. I love the finish I get with this. It blends seemlessly with my skin, stays on all day (for me, often 10 hours more), and looks dewy, never greasy. I reach for this twice as often as the mac f&b, though that is a great foundation too. I wish the bottle was easier to deal with, but I just tip it over on the back on my freshly washed hand and use a stippling brush to 'airbrush' it on my skin. My boyfriend's mom was facinated by this unorthodox method when she watched me at work while we stayed with her lol. Shake it very well, ladies, and try shades at sephora, if possible. I tried three samples before I found a match. I know it's pricey, but I use this almost every day and have barely made a dent after 2 months, and I cover my face, neck and lightly use it on my chest if I have a lower cut shirt. I really think both of these (muf and mac f&b) are too expensive for using on the body, but they will last a looooong time otherwise. Oh, no SPF in either one, so minimum of 30spf beforehand, ladies!!!