October 1, 2014 | 1055 users online

Liquid - Make Up For Ever - Face & Body Liquid Make Up

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2008 3:15:00 AM More reviews by monicachen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I like this product very much.You will like if you are always pursue naked makeup.It's suit for girls whoes skin is delicate enough.And it's protect completely wet.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2008 1:20:00 AM More reviews by desertmom4

Love the way this feels on my dry skin. I found the texture to be almost gel-like, and it feels cool on the skin when applied. I have clear skin w/ broken capillaries and redness around the nose. This did not cover the redness up completely, nor did I expect it to as it is a light-med coverage. Med coverage if you build it up. It sorta to me resembles a TM but w/ a little more coverge. When applied w/ my 187 brush
( skunk), it looked flawless. I did like the "dewy" finish it provided. This foundation did not break me out, but it also did not last on my face all day either. I am not one who touches up throughout the day, except for the occasional pwdering on the nose w/ MAC's blot powder. I do use a primer daily, so I was disappointed that this didn't even last w/ a primer. Overall, I liked the way it looked after I applied it, but wished it lasted all day on me. If it did, I would repurchase. I found MAC's Face and Body to be better than this, & that lasts on me all day.

***Edit ~ 7/2009***

I decided to give this foundation another go, and guess what? I really like it and it does last! I have found that not every foundation should be applied the same way. Meaning, I was using my 187 skunk for all my foundations, but realize it works best w/ thicker foundations ( EL DW or MAC SFF). For MUFE F&B, I used my MAC 109 brush, and stipple it on, then blend and the coverage is amazing! Flawless. Since I do have redness around the nose I apply 2 layers of this foundation. I let the 1st layer dry for about 3 mins, then apply a 2nd layer. Finally, it wore all day and is waterproof ( went swimming). So, I would repurchase as well as recommend it! FYI ~ I am NC35/40 in MAC and wear this in #34. I can get away w/ #32, but a bronzer is definitely needed.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2008 7:14:00 PM More reviews by Isyss456

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Okay, the SA at Sephora gave me a HUGE sample of this, and I have worn it enough to form an opinion. First off, I don't like how the shades are oddly and randomly numbered, they should fix that, so people can make more sense of the color range. However, after looking at them in store, I tried samples of #32, and #1 (I'm NC25-30, 125/MUFE HD). The #1 is a perfect match, though, I could get away with #32. I have VERY oily skin, and this doesn't make me any oilier than any other foundation, it has a sorta dewy look to it, which I don't mind; just because my skin is oily doesnt mean I want my face to look bone dry and parched (Teint Idole Ultra!) With my Super Mat Loose powder on top I'm good to go, and yes, I get some shine, but it comes across as more of a healthy glow than a greasy crisco face (DuWop Revolotion!) It goes on my skin smoothly and blends in quite effortlessly, and I like that its buildable. It's just so versatile, it can be applied with a brush or fingers and still look good, and of course, it can be used on the body too. It also looks good in pictures, does not turn colors on me, and hasn't broken me out. I would have given it five lippies, but I had to deduct one just because it's not really compatible for oilier skintypes. Oh, and the packaging sucks, things could get messy if you're not careful. So while this is not quite the HG foundation for my severely oily skin (if such a thing exists), I really like it and plan to purchase. Oh, and I like that they took out the mineral oil. The ones one Sephora's website still have Mineral Oil listed in the ingridients, but I checked some of the boxes at my local Sephora store, and were all the new formula. Sorry this is so long, but I try to be really helpful when I do reviews :-)

15 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2008 11:22:00 AM More reviews by WillyWonka

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Where has this been all of my life?? I had heard great things about this foundation but was a little hesitant to get it because I have really acne-prone skin and every foundation seems to break my skin out. I also could not find a long-lasting, fresh-finish liquid foundation out there (I had been using EL's DW and it looked like a white, clay mask on my face!). I finally decided to take the plunge and I am so glad I did. The Sephora SA suggested LORAC oil-free and I insisted that I wanted THIS foundation so I got the lightest shade--this MELTS into the skin--perfect shade and fantastic natural finish (not matte and not greasy). It stays put all day and just for a little added insurance I bought the MUFE fix spray for face to set my makeup--I am SO happy with this. Only cons: the weird consistency and the glass bottle--wish it were in a squeeze tube. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/11/2008 9:13:00 PM More reviews by MoiraMoira

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I am a MAC nc40/42. Similar in complexion to Rihanna. I got this originally in #6 which was a drop too dark. I went back and was matched for #34. #34 is the perfect depth, but it wasn't warm enough. I went to a freestanding Makeup Forever store and the MA was incredibly nice about mixing the shade I bought at Sephora. She poured in a little #18 which she said added more olive tone. I do wish this had more shades, but considering they are willing to color match it makes sense. The finish is light, but buildable so if you want medium coverage you can get it. It's not oil controlling, but it's not super greasy either. All around I really like this foundation and will purchase again. It's the one foundation that hasn't made my skin flaky looking or suffocatingly heavy.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2008 8:40:00 AM More reviews by MarciaChia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have oily/combination/acne prone skin and always have troubles to find the right foundation that is long-lasting yet natural looking. This foundation is the only one that really lasts, doesn't go oxidation after long wearing, and doesn't cause any breakout for me. It's a liquid/gel base that you really need to shake and mix it well before each application, and it does have some sort of alcohol smell but it goes away soon and totally doesn't bother me. It feels so refreshingly cool when touch and it provides a building natural finish. My makeup artists for my wedding used the same thing. I'm glad that MUF has more shades now and this is about the only foundation that I've repurchased, so does the friend who recommended it to me.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/3/2008 11:25:00 AM More reviews by Russel

Performance-wise, I can see why this foundations has its fan. My skin looked like itself, but better--- an elusive look for me.

However, I propose renaming this Cystic Acne For Ever F&B Foundation, as it clogged up my skin as nothing has before.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2008 3:01:00 PM More reviews by sucker4makeup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I wasn't really sure how I would like this stuff, but I must say it is quite nice! I tend to gravitate more towards fuller coverage formulas (and I don't really believe in layering), but this seems to have just enough coverage for days when my skin is in good shape and I just want a nice even skin tone and natural glow. It definitely has good staying power as well, but I have never tried it without loose powder over it. I also like the fact that finger application seems to be the best, because I hate fussing with sponges and brushes if I don't have to...it's a hassle and wastes too much of the product. This goes on very nicely with my fingers and blends effortlessly. And like others have said...it let's your own "skin" show through - very natural and pretty. I would recommend this!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/12/2008 12:06:00 PM More reviews by shelleycap

I bought this after my hairdresser told me it was the best thing to ever happen to makeup, and I am pretty glad I did. I snapped out of my BE Mineral makeup haze and decided to try liquid foundations for a more natural, less chalky look. I have really sensitive skin, so Sephora sold me on Lorac Breakthrough Performance at first, which was a total bust, don't buy that one. I then tried this and was amazed at the coverage. It is light but so natural looking. It does not settle into fine lines at all, and I have a few around my eyes. I no longer use concealer under my eyes because this does a better job. It is buildable coverage, so I think it would suit most needs. It even smells like flowers! I took one lippie off because I accidentally fell asleep in this makeup and woke up the next morning to a mild irritation all over my face, and my skin felt like leather. Gross. It was my fault, but I've never had that kind of reaction before.
UPDATE: This is not for sensitive skin, at all! After a couple of weeks the condition of my skin took a nosedive. My face was no longer soft, it felt like sandpaper, and I started to break out. No bueno. This one got returned.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2008 2:43:00 AM More reviews by jaimeyusu

Beautiful colors, lightweight, sheer but noticeable coverage, no break outs, not dehydrating, has a dewy finish that I absolutely ADORE. It doesn't even feel like a foundation, but more like a magic tinted moisturizer.. Applied with Quo sponge, makes my complexion naturally flawless like I have no foundation on... CRAZY. love it.

Wouldn't be suitable for people looking for maximum coverage or matte finish.

1 lippie off just for the inconvenient packaging (no pump.. large hole.. glass packaging...)

I'm fair-skinned asian with yellow undertones, freckles, acne-prone, somewhat sensitive skin and have rosacea.