Burt's Bees Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil

3.8

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, cera alba (beeswax, cire d'abeille), cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, lanolin, aroma (flavor)*, punica granatum (pomegranate) seed oil, tocopherolrosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, glycine soja (soybean) oil, canola oil (huile de colza), carmine, benzyl salicylate, cinnamal, citral, eugenol, geraniol, hydroxycitronellal, limonene, linalool. *natural flavor

on 8/24/2008 12:15:00 PM

Love love love this lip balm! Makes lips soft and smooth, and erases the crinkly look lips sometimes get when they are dehydrated. Gives a very subtle and extremely flattering healthy glow, does not wash out the color from the lips like some other balms tend to do. I've repurchased this again and again. I like the aroma, not at all cloying, and does not have a sweet flavor. My absolute favorite, Love it!!

This is my 3rd stick, 1st one being regular, 2nd is the honey. Got this due to the raves I gotten here, but frankly, I was disappointed by the smell and taste of it. It's kinda bitter, clinically sweet, not as nice as the honey flavored one.

No, it doesn't leave any sheen nor color on my lips. I like to think the results I get will be the same as the honey balm for my dry lips, but no. I was left with dry areas in fact. Maybe it suits other users better, but definitely not mine.

AWESOME stuff. This is lighter and sweeter than the original Burt's Bees Beeswax lip balm. It moisturizes well and gives a polished look, a little sheen and a tiny bit of color, without having painted-looking lips - perfect for my day look. I keep it in my purse all the time. Definitely my favorite lip balm-and-light-gloss in one type product.

on 8/19/2008 7:53:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This is my absolute favorite chapstick-type lip balm. It's the perfect balance between moisturizing and waxy - it makes my lips feel so soft and replenished, and the effect lasts so that I don't need to constantly reapply. I always carry it in my pockets, and I also have one for my bag and an extra on hand, that's how much I love it! Definitely a HG item.

Really nice texture, feels very nice on my super dry lips. Pleasant, Burt's Bees-y sort of smell. It contains comfrey root extract and rosemary oil, which probably account for the smell.
It has caused some peeling, which I'm hoping will subside. This is probably not as moisturizing as the Honey lip balm but it has a much nicer texture.

on 8/13/2008 3:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

This was my first (and only) Burt's Bees lip balm, and I was expecting a lot. Well, to put it bluntly, this lip balm sucks. It smells pretty and goes on well, but after 5 minutes you need it again and your lips feel worse - a typical bad lip balm.

on 8/11/2008 8:02:00 PM

I adore the smell and taste of this lip balm. The colour looks natural and great on me. If only it had spf it would be perfect!

on 8/10/2008 12:59:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

Pluses: texture, color, fragrance
Minuses: price, carmine="Carmine may be prepared from cochineal, by boiling dried insects in water to extract the carminic acid and then treating the clear solution with alum, cream of tartar, stannous chloride, or potassium hydrogen oxalate." (wikipedia definition) Yuck. It's all natural, and beetles are natural, I guess...

on 8/6/2008 11:38:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

This stuff is pretty good. It didn't make my lips peel and seemed to keep my lips moisturized for a while. I've tried the shimmers and those were terrible, but this one is a decent. I hate most other balms because they either feel filmy or make my lips dry. I'd have rated it higher if it had SPF in it.

on 8/5/2008 10:24:00 PM

I LOVE the smell and texture of this lip balm. My lips are pretty pink naturally, so no color shows up. It the most moisturizing chapstick I've used. I have really dry lips so I use Aquaphor or Vaseline at night and in the morning and carry this around during the day.

Popular Lip Treatments