Clarisonic Pro Skincare Brush

4.3

bliss beauty trio

on 3/1/2009 1:59:00 PM

As a Retin-A user, I have not experienced any flaking and I attribute that to my use of this brush and PTR Buffing Beads daily. The dry flakes come off before becoming an unsightly mess

I fly for work A LOT... and this little wonder stick flies with me. Why is this impressive... I have had various items in my suitcase including suitcases them selves that havent survived the rampers treatment of my bags at various airlines. It holds its charge for 2x a day use for up to 3 weeks, which is great for when you forget to charge it between trips.

My husband even uses it with great results... winter dry skin for him is a problem and he is resistant to using product to fix the flake.

Although it is pricy, it has outlasted its warenty 3x so far, and has been a wonder tool for me.

on 2/28/2009 11:21:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Let's first say this is not a miracle product, at least not for every skin type. I am oily with large pores and impacted blackheads. Those people who say their blackheads disappeared must have had little bitty guys who sit on the surface, because mine, when extracted, are the length of a baby's pinky nail - no amount of cleansing is going to magically extricate that. My first week, my nose broke out (not uncommon for me) and I was super oily, in 20 degree January. But that passed. I DO feel super clean, and I really do see the pores minimizing. I am very pleased about that. Most importantly, I have a trouble pore under my nose that constantly fills up - i extract, it fills up again. It had not filled up in a month, and that's almost amazing. So the thing works - ONCE the pores are clean.

The real test will be this summer, when I'm an oil slick. But while it's not the end all be all, I'm pretty pleased with it. Is it worth $195? No, but I'll keep it.

on 2/24/2009 10:15:00 AM

My sister and I each purchased one of these three months ago. She was so excited to get one, and because she is very critical make up, lotions and potions, I figured I needed one too. Initially we both loved it. Three weeks later she took hers back to the store, proclaiming that it did nothing. I waited so see if longer term usage had better results. I think she was right on this one. I took mine back yesterday.

Over all, it is not worth the money. Yes the vibration is initially intoxicating. But, I never saw any results. (I still had my cycle of pre-period pimples, leading me to think that my skin problems are hormonal). I suppose it is a great way to maintain a skincare regime, kind of like training wheels. To me this product is just ok.

on 2/23/2009 10:30:00 PM

I am so excited to see others' comments are similar to my own... I can actually say that at 39, having never left the house in 25 years without makeup, I finally have found my saving grace. I received this as a Christmas present this year and began using it immediately (2 months now). I noticed some subtle changes pretty early on but the mind-blowing results took about 6 weeks of a religious twice daily routine - first trying the cleansers it came with and then using my own (REN Mayblossom And Blue Cypress Facial Wash). I have always had oily skin with large pores, terrible texture and acne (in all honesty, exacerbated by my picking - vicious cycle). I am truly shocked and thrilled! The texture of my skin is night and day different! No more acne, amazing texture, dark spots dissipating, even fine lines are reducing (my older friend, age 60, says she is gently using it on her eyes to improve fine lines - I am going to try this too). I don't have insurance I have spent a ton of money going through the turnstile of several derms that have only told me to stay out of the sun, wanted to write scripts or sell me products. I have also bought whatever I could find that said could help. No one ever told me my skin was dirty or offered a remedy that actually worked (I was determined not to go on Accutane). I can recall one dr telling me that "you can never change the molecular structure of your skin." If I had only known then, what I have now found in a little handheld gizmo. My skin is clean and consistently better at now that at any point in my life. I have since began using it on my neck, chest, arms, even hands, etc. (will see how that goes). Another notable point... this product costs less than any derm appt I have ever had as well as any treatment that has been recommended.

So I haven't received mine yet, but I will update this once I do. I had to post on the deal I got for anyone else looking to buy one right now.

Folica.com has them on sale for 153.00. There is also a 15% off coupon on skincare products through the end of February (SKIN15) which brought my order to 130.00 (free shipping!). If you're an ebates member, folica.com also does 6% cashback, bringing the total order to $125. Good deal if you've been holding off due to the $200 price tag.

on 2/20/2009 4:00:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

OMG I found my savior! I finally know how clean skin feels like, and I have NOT had a single pimple since I started this two weeks ago. I use to have periodic breakout problems which tends to last for weeks, but now I know its because my pores were clogged all the time! Clarisonic really cleans. I highly recommend using some sort of cleansing cloth/cleansing product before using Clarisonic, just so the makeup is off and Clarisonic can really get in there and take off the left over dirt. I highly recommend this product.

on 2/17/2009 6:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

Let me just say, at first this thing was my PRIDE AND JOY. It left my skin feeling clean and baby butt soft...I used the 2-minute with beeps and the sensitive brush head.

But....this in conjunction with my Paula's Choice BHA Liquid left my skin looking abused. I have little red marks around nearly every pore and I'm blaming it on using these two things too often. I will not be using this on my face anymore, and I'll miss the smooth feeling, but I'm switching from physical to chemical exfoliation. My skin just can't handle it and I thought it could.

BUT, I will definitely be using this on my body. I have KP on the back of my legs and this thing is so powerful that I now only feel right using it on my limbs. But I still love it for that reason!
So, if it doesn't make your face look rough, then good for you. Mine just couldn't handle it.

on 2/17/2009 2:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I'm about 85-90% sure that this gave me rosacea. End of Story.

on 2/16/2009 5:55:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

So, Fall term I was having a rough time and wanted to splurge on myself and got this (in pink). I've been using it since then, twice a day (normal power, 2 mins), and really love it. You get to stand there moving your arm in vague circles while the brush does all the work. I've had the sensitive head it came with and am going to switch to the normal one (I feel like it could do more. I have combo skin). It removes all of the makeup, all of it. I can tell b/c in the morning when I use it again there is no color on the brush (which would indicate residual makeup). If you have the money I suggest the splurge; it will last you forever and you can just keep buying new brush heads. My skin has really cleared up and any new (RARE) pimples quickly go away. IMPORTANT: 1, wait until whiteheads heal to start using this (you don't want them to burst and contaminate the brush and your face), 2, use a non-abrasive cleanser (like Philosophy purity, Cetaphil, Purpose, whatever). Clean the brush by detaching the head and washing the head w/antibacterial soap once a week or so. If it turns your skin pink, the brush head is too harsh and go for a gentler one. Really great investment b/c you can simplify your skin care (read: fewer products, helps them sink in better and don't need an expensive cleanser for it at all) and it helps your skin in multiple ways.
UPDATE: Still loving this product; it for sure prevents most breakouts (as I'll get them if I stop using this, everything else the same). It was worth every overpriced penny! Lol. Also, an easier way to sanitize: fill a small spray bottle w/rubbing alcohol and spritz the brush head each night. Makes the brush head last longer!

EDIT: You know, I have to say, I sold this last spring and have been using a washcloth instead and it really works just as well for me. Plus, the washcloth is easy to throw in the wash and I use a new one every day. The brush would just get contaminated somehow even with frequent washing and alcohol soaks and it was expensive. I just went to the store and bought a couple of packs of baby washcloths and it has been great! Still a good quality product if you want it, but not in my opinion necessary.

on 2/8/2009 7:43:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is a great tool. I got this for my birthday this year and waited impatiently for 24 hours to pass to use it. I seriously could feel a difference my first use, and my hubby mentioned how clean and white my skin looked when I walked out the bathroom. My face normally is red for at least an hour after I wash it because it's very sensitive and turns red easily. So for him to mention a difference it had to be extreme. Word of warning though when you use it, it's not going to be the brush feeling you're expecting. It feels like vibrations all over your face, don't press hard just hold it flush and make tiny circles all over the area you're cleaning. My cleanser(HG) doesn't foam well with the Clarisonic but I love my cleanser and it stays foam or no foam, but I can tell my face is so much cleaner its incredible. I've already noticed a difference in the blackheads on my nose. The Clarisonic is way expensive but I feel it's a good investment for your skin.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools