January 31, 2015 | 1261 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Pro Skincare Brush

rated 2 of 5 on 2/24/2009 10:15:00 AM More reviews by PeaceBaby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My sister and I each purchased one of these three months ago. She was so excited to get one, and because she is very critical make up, lotions and potions, I figured I needed one too. Initially we both loved it. Three weeks later she took hers back to the store, proclaiming that it did nothing. I waited so see if longer term usage had better results. I think she was right on this one. I took mine back yesterday.

Over all, it is not worth the money. Yes the vibration is initially intoxicating. But, I never saw any results. (I still had my cycle of pre-period pimples, leading me to think that my skin problems are hormonal). I suppose it is a great way to maintain a skincare regime, kind of like training wheels. To me this product is just ok.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2009 10:30:00 PM More reviews by brittdes

I am so excited to see others' comments are similar to my own... I can actually say that at 39, having never left the house in 25 years without makeup, I finally have found my saving grace. I received this as a Christmas present this year and began using it immediately (2 months now). I noticed some subtle changes pretty early on but the mind-blowing results took about 6 weeks of a religious twice daily routine - first trying the cleansers it came with and then using my own (REN Mayblossom And Blue Cypress Facial Wash). I have always had oily skin with large pores, terrible texture and acne (in all honesty, exacerbated by my picking - vicious cycle). I am truly shocked and thrilled! The texture of my skin is night and day different! No more acne, amazing texture, dark spots dissipating, even fine lines are reducing (my older friend, age 60, says she is gently using it on her eyes to improve fine lines - I am going to try this too). I don't have insurance I have spent a ton of money going through the turnstile of several derms that have only told me to stay out of the sun, wanted to write scripts or sell me products. I have also bought whatever I could find that said could help. No one ever told me my skin was dirty or offered a remedy that actually worked (I was determined not to go on Accutane). I can recall one dr telling me that "you can never change the molecular structure of your skin." If I had only known then, what I have now found in a little handheld gizmo. My skin is clean and consistently better at now that at any point in my life. I have since began using it on my neck, chest, arms, even hands, etc. (will see how that goes). Another notable point... this product costs less than any derm appt I have ever had as well as any treatment that has been recommended.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2009 10:35:00 PM More reviews by littlebearsmom

So I haven't received mine yet, but I will update this once I do. I had to post on the deal I got for anyone else looking to buy one right now.

Folica.com has them on sale for 153.00. There is also a 15% off coupon on skincare products through the end of February (SKIN15) which brought my order to 130.00 (free shipping!). If you're an ebates member, folica.com also does 6% cashback, bringing the total order to $125. Good deal if you've been holding off due to the $200 price tag.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2009 4:00:00 AM More reviews by smileyjoolie

OMG I found my savior! I finally know how clean skin feels like, and I have NOT had a single pimple since I started this two weeks ago. I use to have periodic breakout problems which tends to last for weeks, but now I know its because my pores were clogged all the time! Clarisonic really cleans. I highly recommend using some sort of cleansing cloth/cleansing product before using Clarisonic, just so the makeup is off and Clarisonic can really get in there and take off the left over dirt. I highly recommend this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2009 6:04:00 PM More reviews by savanna427

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Let me just say, at first this thing was my PRIDE AND JOY. It left my skin feeling clean and baby butt soft...I used the 2-minute with beeps and the sensitive brush head.

But....this in conjunction with my Paula's Choice BHA Liquid left my skin looking abused. I have little red marks around nearly every pore and I'm blaming it on using these two things too often. I will not be using this on my face anymore, and I'll miss the smooth feeling, but I'm switching from physical to chemical exfoliation. My skin just can't handle it and I thought it could.

BUT, I will definitely be using this on my body. I have KP on the back of my legs and this thing is so powerful that I now only feel right using it on my limbs. But I still love it for that reason!
So, if it doesn't make your face look rough, then good for you. Mine just couldn't handle it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2009 2:42:00 PM More reviews by NancyM

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

I'm about 85-90% sure that this gave me rosacea. End of Story.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2009 5:55:00 PM More reviews by Thumbelina1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

So, Fall term I was having a rough time and wanted to splurge on myself and got this (in pink). I've been using it since then, twice a day (normal power, 2 mins), and really love it. You get to stand there moving your arm in vague circles while the brush does all the work. I've had the sensitive head it came with and am going to switch to the normal one (I feel like it could do more. I have combo skin). It removes all of the makeup, all of it. I can tell b/c in the morning when I use it again there is no color on the brush (which would indicate residual makeup). If you have the money I suggest the splurge; it will last you forever and you can just keep buying new brush heads. My skin has really cleared up and any new (RARE) pimples quickly go away. IMPORTANT: 1, wait until whiteheads heal to start using this (you don't want them to burst and contaminate the brush and your face), 2, use a non-abrasive cleanser (like Philosophy purity, Cetaphil, Purpose, whatever). Clean the brush by detaching the head and washing the head w/antibacterial soap once a week or so. If it turns your skin pink, the brush head is too harsh and go for a gentler one. Really great investment b/c you can simplify your skin care (read: fewer products, helps them sink in better and don't need an expensive cleanser for it at all) and it helps your skin in multiple ways.
UPDATE: Still loving this product; it for sure prevents most breakouts (as I'll get them if I stop using this, everything else the same). It was worth every overpriced penny! Lol. Also, an easier way to sanitize: fill a small spray bottle w/rubbing alcohol and spritz the brush head each night. Makes the brush head last longer!

EDIT: You know, I have to say, I sold this last spring and have been using a washcloth instead and it really works just as well for me. Plus, the washcloth is easy to throw in the wash and I use a new one every day. The brush would just get contaminated somehow even with frequent washing and alcohol soaks and it was expensive. I just went to the store and bought a couple of packs of baby washcloths and it has been great! Still a good quality product if you want it, but not in my opinion necessary.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2009 7:43:00 AM More reviews by Ruthone

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a great tool. I got this for my birthday this year and waited impatiently for 24 hours to pass to use it. I seriously could feel a difference my first use, and my hubby mentioned how clean and white my skin looked when I walked out the bathroom. My face normally is red for at least an hour after I wash it because it's very sensitive and turns red easily. So for him to mention a difference it had to be extreme. Word of warning though when you use it, it's not going to be the brush feeling you're expecting. It feels like vibrations all over your face, don't press hard just hold it flush and make tiny circles all over the area you're cleaning. My cleanser(HG) doesn't foam well with the Clarisonic but I love my cleanser and it stays foam or no foam, but I can tell my face is so much cleaner its incredible. I've already noticed a difference in the blackheads on my nose. The Clarisonic is way expensive but I feel it's a good investment for your skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2009 4:29:00 PM More reviews by amyfairy

I have to add to the chorus of pleased customers for this little device. Yes, it's expensive. But it should last you a long time and, in my case, the results are worth it.

My facialist recommended that I add this to my routine. I had terrible acne, so bad that I was actually in my 30 day waiting period to begin accutane, but this facialist I found worked a miracle and cleared me up. My third time in, she recommended I get this brush to help prevent blackheads. I was staying clear but I would have to endure long sessions of extractions when I came in.

I finally picked this up for Christmas and it is just fabulous for gentle exfoliation. If at first it seems to drying and harsh, I would recommend experimenting with how often you use it and what cleanser you use it with. I found it was too harsh if I used it twice a day and with my acne cleanser. Now I wash my face normally in the morning with a glycolic acid cleanser and use the brush in the evenings with a mild cleanser like cetaphil to really get the makeup off. That has done the trick. My skin feels really smooth and it has helped even out my skin tone significantly (I had a lot of red scars from acne).

Oh, and DON'T PRESS TOO HARD! Soft circles lightly across each area of your face are all you need.

I love my toothbrush for my face. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2009 12:16:00 AM More reviews by pink_rosies

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

Loveitloveitloveitloveitloveitloveitloveitloveitloveitloveit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have really oily skin with annoying blackheads and I also have acne that usually comes in 'clusters' with a few stragglers here and there. There is a small cluster right under my left eye at the edge of my cheek bone that for years I have not been able to make go away. Every couple weeks I could weed something out of that pore but no matter what it was always inflamed. Well I bought the Clarisonic a few days ago and already there is only one pore left that you can see is still inflamed, but it is 2 sizes smaller than what it was. All the other ones around it are gone. I have had a cluster of zits on my forehead (sorry I know this is gross) that have been pretty big, and have just been sitting there (ya know the kind that are big, but have no whitehead, no nothing, they just sit there) yeah those. Well I have had them for three weeks, I got a haircut recently and my bangs sit there, well they are now practically gone! It's like they are slowly just being smoothed away. All the 'lone island' blemishes I did have immediately have turned into whitehead like bumps. They aren't pink even, it's like the pores are just saying "Yay! We finally have the ability to get this junk out!". And for the rest of the acne story I have just had a lot of black heads, which are disappearing very fast. Recently I would just rinse my face off and could feel them, all dry and flaky, and just in the past 48 hours my skin feels 5x smoother. IMO this is the best thing that has ever happened to my skin! I really look forward to my shower more than ever now, it's like I get my own spa-facial session every night. It's great! And I deserve it. And so do YOU! And my skin is always glowing when I get out of the shower.

I would pay the money for this again & again. Yeah $195 isn't something you can normally just pull out of your wallet. But I look at it this way... think about all the products you spend in just a few months or even if it's over the course of the year - ask yourself "are they that effective?" and then even if they are - how quickly do you find yourself going back to get more - to fork out that same dough in only a few months?!? You don't care how much it costs right? You know it works so you gotta have it - and you WILL pay over and over b/c you love it that much. Well that what Clarisonic is like for me. If this was $500 I would've still paid for it, and I bet I'm not the only one who would either after reading these reviews. :) As for what a miracle this thing has been for me so far, IMO I think you can't put a price tag on something like this. Set aside $50/week for a month and this sucker is sold! Or ask for it as a gift. But you have nothing to lose with trying this, as you get your money back if you don't like. I have the pink one and I got it at Sephora. It caught my eye and I immediately asked the SA about it, turns out she used it, and her skin was very nice, she doesn't even wear foundation (yep I checked), and then I come to find that my friend I came to Sephora with had it as well! I couldn't believe she didn't tell me she had it! I have seen some people comment that those with cystic acne may not benefit from this well let me tell you -- my friend (yes the one who didn't tell me she bought this) has cystic acne on her chin and her skin is always smashing. I didn't even know she had cystic acne until she told me that day. She only uses it once a day too - on the minute setting. And don't push too hard! Just let it touch your skin and go from there :)

I will come back & write an update and I am certain I won't be disappointed. I've never been so excited about something this wonderful! Each day my skin becomes even better than the day before!!! There is a reason this was voted "Best of Sephora 2008".

***Update 3/2/09****
My skin just keeps getting better! This past week I was on my period and I didn't have any breakouts - for the first time in my whole life I honestly didn't have any nasty zits. Just the occasional blackheads like normal, but there wasn't an increase in them either even for that time of the month. My blackheads are practically gone on my lower cheeks/jaw line. I will never stop using this amazing brush. Thank you clarisonic!!!!