August 23, 2014 | 1849 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Nivea - Nivea Creme

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2009 8:59:00 PM More reviews by mspung

OH HOW I LOVE niveA creme. I use it on my face as a moisturizer, to get rid of flakes, on my hands, on my LIPS, on dry patches on my body, on my boyfriend after he gets sunburnt, as an eye cream, on my cuticles, hmmm....with liquid foundation to lighten it and thats about all i can think of right now. I am prone to clogged pores, breakouts, sensitive now because of tazorac and i use this on my face at night (no spf). I have a bunch of tins, not the tub. It goes on, looks greasy, absorbs, and left with smooth/not greasy/soft/moisturized skin
smells fresh

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2009 8:58:00 PM More reviews by mspung

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2009 2:17:00 PM More reviews by 8024debbie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Wow! What can I say? This is a classic beauty product. The fact that its been around so long is no surprise. Super moisturizing. Smells great. I put this on every night before I go to sleep. I find it's great for irritated skin too, like a rash or mosquito bites. It has a nice cooling sensation. Great for dry elbows and knees too. This and Queen Helene Mint Julipe Mask are my top beauty secrets.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2009 2:00:00 PM More reviews by njr86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I wonder why it took me so long to review this product! I guess because I always have it around. Nivea creme is the best for moisturizing my hands, feet, body, around the eyes, etc. I have little tins all over the house, in my car, in my bag, so I can use some whenever I get the chance. I think my face would explode if I rubbed this on it regularly though, LOL. I only do that in dire emergencies like if certain areas of my face are flaky&dry.

I dunno how people can hate the smell...I adore it. I don't think I would use Nivea as much if it didn't have that lovely smell.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2009 12:11:00 AM More reviews by AuNatural716

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

ohhhh how I LOVE this stuff...Unfortunately, I can't spread this on my oily, acne prone face because of its ingredients, but i do use this as a super cheap eye cream!! I bought the tiny cute tin for 99 cents at cvs one random day...i have used it in my eye area every night ever since, and can definitely say that the skin there is softer, smoother, and much more hydrated...this is even my favorite part of my nightime regimen!! i actually love sliding my finger across the cream in the tin and then spreading it around my eye area..the creme feels so nice and whipped, and the whole process is just aesthetically pleasing to me in terms of texture...ive also tried this on my hands several times and it makes them super soft!! i will definitely be investing in a big jar of this if and when my tin runs out...HG!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2009 6:41:00 AM More reviews by XxAwesomeActressxX

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

This is a pretty good staple product. useful for lots of things but its not my favourite. i don;t like the smell but some people cant even smell anything.
I don't use it everyday but i wouldn't want to be without it when i need it.
I'd buy it again but i stopped buying huge sizes, i just don't use them.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2009 1:37:00 AM More reviews by rallu

I used to LOVE this cream. Thick and rich and moisturizing...perfect. My grandmother was using this 20 years ago.It was made in Germany. Now....all i can find is the one made in Mexico which looks and smells the same but it never sinks in and is not as moisturizing as the original. I used to love it for my feet...apply a lot before bed, use cotton socks and in the morning were baby soft but now... i don't see any difference anymore. It DID help when i had a sunburn on my shoulders because it just "stayed" there.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2009 9:15:00 AM More reviews by raacheljoy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

i can't live without this stuff!
i use it as a hand cream, after every shower.
it can be used on any area of dry skin , i even use it on my lips :]
its really thick but rubs in really smooth
absolutely love it ♥

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2009 6:30:00 PM More reviews by ihatespots

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A few months ago, Nivea's website had samples of the Nivea creme to giveaway and I received 2 mini tubs of the product.
I've used it only as a body cream

Scent - old ladies but I dont find that it lingers on the skin.
Texture- Very thick and difficult to spread, massage and absorb into the skin
Price- It was free but in shops, its rather cheap
Effectiveness- As its hard to absorb into the skin (I've tried applying it on dry and damp skin), I find that it just sits on my skin and leaves a very sticky feel. My skin isnt moisturised even in hot humid weather, I find my skin lacking hydration.

Will not re-purchase

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2009 8:49:00 PM More reviews by iberian

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use both the US (Mexican made) and German version. I use this at night when I want a break from retinols and AHA's. I LOVE this on the eye area! It's very moisturizing without being too heavy (I'm normal-to-dry). I prefer the German version slightly - it has a nicer consistency, it's very smooth and spreads easily. If your skin tolerates mineral oil, glycerin and lanolin alcohol, then this is an excellent inexpensive moisturizer. Here are the ingredients for both:

German Nivea ingredients:

Aqua, paraffinum liquidum, cera microcristallina, glycerin, lanolin alcohol (eucerit), paraffin, panthenol, decyl oleate, octyldodecanol, aluminum stearates, citric acid, magnesium sulfate, magnesium stearate, parfum, limonene, geraniol, hydroxycitronellal, linalool, citronellol, benzyl benzoate, cinnamyl alcohol.

American Nivea Ingredients:

water, mineral oil, petrolatum, glycerin, microcrystalline wax, lanolin alcohol, paraffin, panthenol, magnesium sulfate, decyl oleate, octyldodecanol, aluminium stearates, fragrance, citric acid, magnesium stearate, methylchloroisothiazolinone, methylisothiazolinone.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No