October 23, 2014 | 2162 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - No.5

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2006 1:48:00 PM More reviews by 4zombori

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I can't beleive some people don't like Chanel No.5! I LOVE IT & am lucky enough that it smells wonderful on my skin too. Interestingly, it smells very modern & clean to me when I wear it in the winter, but I do get some of the "old lady" notes after an hour or so in the summer. I first started wearing this as a teenager after I read a reference to it in Paul Zindel's "The Undertaker's Gone Bananas" (it's the fragrance Mrs. Hulka wore...does anyone else here know that reference?). I had to know what Mrs. Hulka smelled like--I loved Chanel No.5 the minute I smelled it! So elegant & grown up. This remains one of my top favorite fragrances. I don't wear it everyday anymore--just every now & then to keep it special & to invoke memories!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2006 5:22:00 AM More reviews by Fabiochanel

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ah CHANEL N 5 !!!!!!!!
How do begin to describe how much i love this perfume!!
I have loved this since i first smelled it since i was 4 years old on my sisters vanitytable!! and I wore it the rest of my life ok im still young but fine!!
The delicate smell of roses jasmine and those wonderfull powdery aldehydes are just unsurpased there is nothing like it on this planet!!
Although i ONLY wear Parfum or Eau de Parfum the Eau the toilet is not bad it's light but very enjoyeble! I use it with the entire bath and bodyline to strenghten the smell of it! Im soooo adicted to the after bath powder and the essential oils!
This is the most elegant,chicest,classy perfume ever madeand it fits with all styles and all ages!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2006 1:36:00 PM More reviews by LouiseHourihan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this for my mother in law as a mothers day gift because I figured you can't go wrong with getting an (older) lady Chanel No.5. Too bad she never wears it, and I can't say I blame her, I personally hate it. When smelling it out of the bottle it reminds me of something some old WASPy lady like Martha Stewart would wear. I never smelled it on my skin though, so maybe it smells better that way. Boy do I hope so. Oh well I got it on sale, and it was better than getting the MIL potholders or something.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2006 7:59:00 PM More reviews by anaromero

I only recently tried Chanel No 5 for the first time. Actually, my first experience with the "scent" was with knock-off incense oil and I just fell in love. Before trying the actual perfume, I read reviews here and wondered if what so many ladies mention about the EDT and EDP being quite different was true. I went to Macy's and bought a bottle of each to "test" this. Oh my is it ever true! On me, the EDT smells like cat pee mixed with cheap perfume! Itís absolutely horrid. Now the EDP is another story... it is to die for. It's everything that lured me to my incense oil, and much, much more. I can't help but smell myself all day, it's wonderful. Now I know what all the fuss has always been about.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2006 10:45:00 PM More reviews by AlexandriaMC

I own both the parfum and EDT of No. 5 (and body lotion and sensual elixir). My husband thinks the No.5 should be my magical "signature scent". He always raves when I wear it. It makes me feel cozy, warm, loved -- womanly. However, it doesn't make me feel like "an OLD lady"!! (I'm only 34.) I'm one who loves to --lightly-- layer shower gel, body lotion, EDT lightly all over, and parfum on pulse points. I don't _drown_ in it, but it melds together with my skin. It's cozy like being snuggled in warm blanket. (EDIT: This is my signature scent now. I just adore it.)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2006 1:38:00 PM More reviews by PeeWeeScaresMe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I just tested a sample of this first on a testing strip and then on my wrist. On paper it is very powdery and heavy, but when I dab a little on my wrist, it softens out a bit and becomes a warmer, floral type scent. I can see how the fragrance can be viewed as an old lady type of scent, but keep in mind the time period it was introduced in, and in my opinion, when used lightly the scent is comforting and sophisticated. I just turned 20 years old, however, and I do agree with some of the other users that perhaps this is much more suitable for women in their thirties and up. Still, a lovely fragrance when applied sparingly and worn by women who can pull it off.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2006 12:39:00 PM More reviews by Gretchen76

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

What can I say about Chanel No. 5 that hasn't been said already? A powdery, aldeydic masterpiece. I don't purchase often due to the price, but when I do, I get my hands on the pure parfum- a tiny drop lasts and lasts. My mom always wore this when I was younger, she would have to hide it from me! Is it recognizable? Yes, but I wear it because I love it. Fragrance is very subjective and personal and should stay that way.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2006 3:34:00 PM More reviews by jhadiq

Every so often I'll go into a store to sample this fragrance to see if my opinion of it changes, and every time I leave wondering why anyone would like this overpowering fragrance that screams, "I'm wearing perfume"! Bleech. I just don't know what it is about it, but to me it is just too heavy, too pretentious, and reminds me of a moth-ball filled closet. IMHO, it is exactly the opposite of sophistication, like someone is just trying far too hard.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2006 2:32:00 AM More reviews by Bottles_Of_Blonde

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

No5 is probably the first perfume that legitamized a need for the phrase "an acquired taste" because that's exactly what it is. At the time it came out it was a radical presence. Everything from the name, to the ingredients, to the bottle were avant garde. The house of Chanel in general is responsible for so much, it's hard to imagine where 20th century womens culture would have gone without it. No5 is my HG fragrance and being 21, I don't feel that makes me an old lady. Jasmine is easily the strongest floral to center any fragrance around which made it a good choice for a product with such a strong image. I think the image of No5 is half of its appeal - part nouveau riche deconstruction, part aloof seduction, part aldehydic composition. But all female. If the parfum or toilette is too strong for you, you must get your hands on the Sensual Elixir! It is one of the honest to God sexiest things you will ever smell. And on an observational note, I find it funny that so many people refer to this as the ultimate blonde fragrance because I thought I was the only one that thought so - I'm blonde, it's my signature and every brunette I know brushes it right off. Ironic as it was commandeered by a brunette.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2006 2:07:00 AM More reviews by EyeCatcha

i love this perfume it's like it's made only for me wearing it smelling good helps me beeing myself and my whole life always gives me a nice smile if i need one