August 27, 2014 | 1700 users online

Toners - Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2005 3:05:00 PM More reviews by fmbaker

Hmm. Now I'm wondering if I've been over-zealous. I've suddenly got a very fine, bumpy, colorless rash on my cheeks. I have been putting a lot of undiluted ACV on my face lately. Has anyone else had their skin react to it this way? It's eitehr the ACV or my new Lancome Double Finish powder.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/13/2005 2:43:00 PM More reviews by oakley21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been using this product for over a month now and I actually like it. I thought it would be way harsh on my acne-prone combo skin, but it hasn't dried me out or irritated my skin at all. It doesn't make my rosacea worse and actually seems to whiten my skin a bit. I haven't had any major breakouts since using this and I think my scars are fading faster. The smell isn't that bad either. It smells like the crabapple trees I grew up with. It tastes alot worse than it smells, but I mix 2TBS with orange juice everyday to help fight germs from the inside. My only complaint is the heavy glass bottle. I almost dropped it on the bathroom floor one night, so I've transferred the liquid to a spray bottle, mix it with green tea(carekate's review)and apply with a cotton ball.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2005 3:35:00 PM More reviews by swtlolita

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Amazing product. I dilute this with water before applying, haven't found any dramatic results but my skin has seemed to stay smoother and more glowy, no breakouts from it, it may actually help keep them away. Overall I'll keep using it cause it work, but very subtlely.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2005 8:35:00 PM More reviews by fmbaker

ACV is a fabulous toner and tonic for the skin. It leaves my face glowing and fresh-looking. My skin is tough enough to take it undiluted. I apply it using cotton makeup rounds and I let it really soak in. Afterwards, it looks like my skin is lit from beneath. I even like the smell... because I associate it with such fabulous results! I especially love that it's something you can feel good about. Feed your skin and make it happy. Every day. With Apple Cider Vinegar!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2005 8:30:00 PM More reviews by abfrey974

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have an oily nose w/ enlarged pores/small blakheads and dryness on cheeks & forehead. This is working for me. I diluted 2:1 w/ H2O and a few drops of lime oil (to help w/ smell). I squirt some on a cotton pad and use after cleansing w/ Aveeno Ultra Calming foaming cleanser. My whole face seems balanced, soft and comfortable, even prior to applying moisturizer. Can this stuff really be true?! When I think of all the $$$ I've spent over the years, when $2.50 worth of fermented apple juice is working this well! Hurray!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/3/2005 11:05:00 PM More reviews by kellybug

First of all-- yes, the smell is horrific. Something like a cross between smelly feet and urine.

I haven't seen the spectacular, overnight miracles that some MUAers have, but I have seen a number of improvements in my skin over the last two weeks. I use after cleansing my skin with basis clear skin bar soap. I have bad, bad cystic acne (often five or six deep blemishes at a time) and the combo of basis and ACV seems to have slowed down the occurrance of new beakouts, though I don't think it has sped healing of my old ones.

My red marks from old acne have definitely begun to lighten, which I am very happy with, and my skin tone in general is more evened out since before using the ACV. I've just been using the Braggs straight up on my face (my skin is not particularly sensitive), but plan to try carekate's recipe soon to see if it boosts the speed of my results.

overall, I am happy with my results, particularly for the money I've spent. Though I would caution against everyone expecting the dramatic results people have talked about here.
*****EDIT***** UGH! a few more weeks on the vinegar and I was right back to ruddy, broken out skin. did nothing long term to help. will NOT buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2005 6:49:00 AM More reviews by DDmonkey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm a believer!!! I diluted this with filtered water and in two days my two zits were dried up and healed with out red pigmentation!!!! I used 3 parts vinegar to 1 part water. I also have oily skin and only use this once a day when needed. Thanks everyone for the great tips!!!!

Here is carekate's original review for those who can't find it:

*********************************************************
Toners -> Unlisted Brand -> Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar

Reviewed by carekate on 6/6/2005 10:08:00 AM

You want to know how awesome this ACV(AppleCiderVinegar) toner is? On Friday, I had a nasty zit forming on my cheek. I applied a compress of my homemade Yonka 'Emulsion Pure' to bring it to a head, and was able to extract the pimple on Saturday. That night, I used my homemade aspirin mask, followed w/ the ACV toner, then used the aspirin mask and toner again on Monday morning. The result: not only is the zit gone, but so is the red mark! I mean, you can’t even tell that a couple days ago I had a huge pimple on my face – all the evidence is completely erased. For those of you who are still skeptical, here are some of the benefits of ACV toner: • helps even out skin tone; • smoothes out your skin's texture; • helps minimizes the size and appearance of pores; • dries up and reduces redness from breakouts almost over night; • helps regulate oil production; • impart's to your skin "a radiant glow." Recipe for CareKate’s homemade ACV Super Toner: What you’ll need: • Apple Cider Vinegar • Clean, empty 8 ounce glass or plastic bottle • Distilled water (tap water is okay, but distilled or purified is better!) • Green Tea -- optional • Vit-C (lysorbic acid) powder or crystals -- optional • Ylang Ylang essential oil -- optional • Lemon essential oil -- optional What you do: • Step 1: Fill bottle 1/3 full with ACV (may increase or decrease amount of vinegar to suit your own skin type, add more vinegar for oilier skin and less for dry skin. If you plan to add green tea and other ingredients to your toner, follow steps 2-4 below, otherwise just add water to fill bottle to brim. • Step 2: Heat 2/3 cup of distilled water and bring to boil, then add 3-4 green tea bags (you want to make the tea solution REALLY strong!!) and let it steep for 30 minutes or longer, then remove teabags. Once the green tea has cooled completely, pour into bottle with ACV (do not fill bottle completely full because you'll need room to add the Ylang Ylang and Vit-C). • Step 3: Add 25 drops of Ylang Ylang essential oil to bottle (if your skin-type is not oily, simply add less Y-Y oil or leave it out altogether). • Step 4: Measure out one level teaspoon of Vit-C crystals and add to bottle with ACV and green tea. Shake bottle vigorously to dissolve crystals (if they do not dissolve right away, simply put lid on bottle and let sit for an hour to allow Vit-C crystals to solubilize in the solution. Once the Vit-C crystals have completely dissolved, your toner is ready for use. Shake well before using. The above 'recipe' should yield enough toner for a one-month supply. Twice daily, after cleansing face as normal, put some toner on a cotton pad and gently swipe over your face and neck (if you prefer, you can use a spray bottle and spray the toner directly onto your face). Followup with your regular serums and/or moisturizer. I'm using simple, "grocery-store" ACV (look in the condiment/salad dressing aisle) which costs less than $1.00USD for 16 ounces, but you can buy more 'exotic' apple cider vinegars from health food stores. Likewise, I bought my green tea at the supermarket (make sure you get one that is 100% green tea with no additional ingredients/flavors added), a box of 20 tea bags for around $3.00USD. Distilled water is available at the supermarket in the bottled water aisle for around 75˘ per gallon. Ylang Ylang essential oil is available at health food stores (I got mine at Whole Foods for about $7.99 for an 1-ounce bottle). Hint: If you're hoping to find essential oils cheaper on Ebay or something, make sure that the Y-Y oil is stored in an amber or dark-blue glass bottle, because essential oils can be degraded by direct sunlight like from a clear glass bottle. I got my Vit-C crystals at Whole Foods for around $9.99USD for a big bottle (enough to yield *dozens* of batches of ACV super toner or homemade Vit-C serum!), but you can also order it online. FYI: You can customize the above recipe to fit your skin’s specific needs simply by adding a couple of drops of the essential oils that are recommended for your skin type. Click on this link (or cut & paste link into address field on your web browser) for a guide to essential oils and their use/benefits in skincare: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/redirect.php?u=http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=5922&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight= UPDATE: Ooooh, I just added 5 drops of Lemon essential oil to my ACV super toner and it’s just fantastic! The combined aroma of the Ylang Ylang and Lemon oils almost completely cancels out the vinegary smell, so for those bothered by that, try adding a bit of those oils and see if that makes it more tolerable for you. BTW, here’s the benefits of Lemon oil: • LEMON: Assists in the formation of scar tissue. Antiseptic, astringent, controls the production of sebum, used for oily skin ,and acne. Revitalizes the skin by improving circulation and encouraging the elimination of wastes (used for cellulitis); gently exfoliates the complexion. With long-term application reduces broken capillaries and varicose veins, softens scar tissue on scars and corns. It is also said to strengthen brittle nails.
*************************************************************
She also has a great home made face wash:

29 out of 36 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2005 5:24:00 AM More reviews by zenni

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Super potent!
Dilute with spring water like Evian and add some aspirin. Or just use it neat on spots, but not all over the face if you have sensitive skin! Best if diluted.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2005 10:12:00 PM More reviews by baddab

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

For a great toner, I use half ACV and Smart Water (vapor distilled w/ electrolites) and a drop of Lavender oil I buy from a lady at the farmer's mkt. The Lavender kills the vinegar smell and actually gives it aa anti-bacterial property.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/27/2005 12:20:00 PM More reviews by Dawn18

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

LOL at all the comments on the smell- I have used APC on my hair in the shower, when you add hot water and steam to that smell LOOKOUT ! My hubby walks in the bathroom and it is like the JIm Carrey reaction at the elevator with his Boss-woman he had slept with the previous night -pretty animated. Seriously gross smell!!!! I guess I will give it another ry on the face, the recipe sounds gr8!!!!! GR8 on hair to...after shampoo before conditioning, use strong conditioner and add some pepppermint oil or something strong to hide after shower smell, rosemary oil would be invigorating!