November 27, 2014 | 1581 users online

Toners - Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2005 7:53:00 PM More reviews by emmazamora2000

I LOVE this toner. I made my own version: 1/2 apple cider vinegar, 1/2 distilled rose water (99 cents from the persian store) and a few drops of tea tree oil. I have oily/combo skin and this worked for me. I gave some to a friend who has normal skin and it worked for her too.

This works well with my homemade moisturizer: 4/5 extra virgin olive oil, 1/5 Vit E and CQ10 (squeezed from the gel tablet). Perfect combo!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/6/2005 12:53:00 AM More reviews by a_la_gamine

Wow. This is absolutely amazing. I used a modified version of carekate's recipe: 1 part apple cider vinegar, 3 parts white tea, a dash of Black Phoenix perfume oil to mask the vinegar smell. This is my first day of using it and already my pores are noticeably smaller, the redness of my blemishes have diminished, my skin feels a lot softer, and I can see a few of my blemishes starting to come to a head. I can't wait 'til the anti-acne power fully kicks in. I just wish I had discovered this earlier, before I spent a fortune on brand name toners. Thanks, MUA!

Update: I think my skin became immune to this. Now whenever I use this it just makes me smell bad. So I'm going to stop using it. And it didn't really help my acne all that much. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2005 11:26:00 AM More reviews by suyee

i started using this 2 weeks ago upon a sudden flare up on my sensitive combo skin.it was recommended by a pharmacist at a drugstore. at first i was afraid to mix it with my normal skincare routine as vinegar is quite acidic and might caused a reaction towards my skin n my face will then be a experimental ground...but the pharmacist said "it's fine, it's an organic acid, wouldn't cause much trouble." and i truste dher words. when i got home at night, after cleansing, i mix it with 1-1 ratio distilled water and apply it to my face with cotton pads.it stung my face so badly and my face turned tomato red. i noticed thers's some peeling on my face also but luckily the pain n redness subsided in a few minutes time. i did felt my face was softer n remarkably clean and then i follow up with my normal daily moisturization.
i was reluctant to continue but eventually i did continue using it anyway. until now, the third week, my overall complexion was fresher and it glows. hardly any breakout nowadays even there is, it'll be tiny little ones. the few acne marks on my face are slowly fading. try to avoid lips and eye area as it tends to dehydrate those delicate skin. Upon discovering this, i replace my toner with Bragg's. it definitely does a better job than any other toners i've used b4, minus the smell and sting which are to consider as *endurable* for me

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2005 5:58:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A great inexpensive toner. I think it is best when it is in a ratio of 2 parts of water to 1 part vinegar otherwise can be irritating to the skin. Really makes my skin feel soft and smooth. The odor dissapates quickly once it dries and you apply your other skin care products. I noticed that using this along with AHA/BHA peels, my skin got really dry and flaky so I have stopped using the toner for the time being. Update : Mixing 1/8C in 1Cup of water and rinsing hair with after shampooing seals the hair cuticle and restores the pH.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2005 12:50:00 AM More reviews by tkeeman

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

What can I say...apple cider vinegar is the best!! I was EXTREMELY skeptical being a self proclaimed skin care snob, but decided I had nothing to lose...so off to the natural food store I went. I DO think the brand makes a difference, especialy after visiting the Bragg's website. My mixture was a little Carekate's and a little my own. In an 8 oz. bottle, I mixed 4 oz. ACV, 3 oz. green tea, almost 1 oz. purified water, 7 drops lavender (antiseptic), 5 drops bergamot (healing) and 3 drops neroli (helps with potential scaring & smell). I have been using this mixture for about 2 weeks now and what a difference. The texture of my skin is so smooth and my tone is more even. My congestion and blackheads are still lurking but are extracted much easier, like they want to come out. I have recommended this fabulous mixture to tons of people and will continue to do so. I love this stuff. Long live Bragg's!!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2005 7:34:00 PM More reviews by smm1977red

I am mainly just answering your question on where vinegar is good for your skin. Its fine for your skin it is an acid so it is actually nice for your skin. And the reason why the asprin works so nice is because it is a form of salicylic acid.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2005 6:17:00 PM More reviews by carlalikesmakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

okay, i read the reviews on here and thought i'd give it a try. i've been using heinz acv (un-diluted) mixed w/ a bunch of asprin tablets. i had this pimple that was still under the surface, but red. so i use this toner mixed w/ aspirin, and the next day it had already come to a head, and now it's leaving. all this in like 2 days. i was really pleased, because i could tell that this was the kind of pimple that lasts like a week. the only thing i wonder is, is this good for your skin, i mean health wise? vinegar is used to pickle vegetables and whatnot, can that hurt your skin? and yes, i have to make a comment about the smell, it's just rank. yuck. it smells like very dirty, stinky feet. but other than that, i love it. much better luck w/ this than the aspirin mask.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2005 10:30:00 PM More reviews by gwennw

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Wow! What is the deal with ACV that makes it so amazing for your face. I cannot stop touching my face, it is soooo soft and smooth! I used ACV from the grocery store and mixed it 2/3 vinegar and 1/3 purified water. Then I added about 20 - 25 drops of tea tree oil and 10 - 12 crushed aspirin. Yes... it does NOT smell pleasant, but the smell only lasts a minute or two. Also, when you add the crushed aspirin, you are going to have to give a good shake before applying, b/c the aspiring settles on the bottom. It is so easy to make, so inexpensive and works so well to soften your skin and smooth out your complextion. I have always been very inconsistent in my use of a toner, but since seeing the results from this one, I am hooked.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2005 6:16:00 PM More reviews by Dableu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

It really works WONDER !!!!!!!!

I can't find Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar in Indonesia. However , I used S&W Apple Cider Vinegar. Used 2 parts of ACV , 1 part of water and 10 drops of Tea tree Oil from body shop.Apply it on my oily face nightly and on my back 2 x every shower for the past 3 days ( don't worry , the smell will disspitate ). I just see the result few mins ago. My face is fairer and radiant.and my 2 weeks acne marks suddenly turn very light grey.Plus I have these icky black spot scars due to backne and they are lighter in color...by 50 %. How amazingggggggggggggg !!Perhaps it will be great for after shave. I just use it after shaving my legs.I will post again if it helps in minimizing those nasty ingrown hair. I am ready to shop for those backless gown for the coming christmas party !!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2005 3:43:00 AM More reviews by primo1

i love this ACV! i mix 1 part ACV to 2 parts water. i use this every night. my acne marks fade so much faster than any other toners out there. it also makes my skin smooth and soft. the smell isn't that bad also. so overall, i really, really love this toner! (knock on wood)