Almay Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Makeup

3.8

NEW FORMULA WITH PUMP >>> (Active Ingredient : Salicylic Acid 0.6%), Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Nylon-12, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Dimethicone, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Boron Nitride, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Talc, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Alumina, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Methoxypropylgluconamide, Panthenol, Panthenyl Ethyl Ether, Fomes Officinalis (Mushroom) Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Centaurea Cyanus Flower Extract, Spiraea Ulmaria Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein, Trisiloxane, Phytantriol, Tribehenin, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Silica, Methoxy Amodimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Methicone, EDTA, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben --- MAY CONTAIN (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 77947/Zinc Oxide)

on 2/21/2005 5:45:00 PM

This is kind of my go-to liquid foundation. I am 19 and have dealt with mild/moderate acne in the past...I no longer use Differin (haven't for about 2 years) and my skin has given me absolutely no problems.. .I don't know if it is because my hormones have settled down or because of this makeup...(likely a combination haha). Almay has great natural looking shades and this formula looks and feels really smooth and nice...the coverage is a bit on the heavier side, but def. not too opague for everyday wear...the downside is the messy, messy bottle..

on 2/21/2005 5:16:00 PM

This is a very good foundation if you like those kind that go on kinda thick yet you can still see you're skin a bit, ya know? I gave it a three though because all of the colors are yellow based and the lightest one was too dark. I guess where they are based everyone is tan or something...I think I'll be using this after the summer...

on 2/17/2005 2:11:00 PM

The packaging sucks! It doesn't last very long. Blah I just don't like it.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

PACKAGING IS TERRIBLE!! Not to mention the colour selection!! Price is amazing....as well the concept is good. For the first few months I really enjoyed this product, but once I got onto my second bottle, and the colder weather was approaching (Octoberish) I really started to fall out of love with this. I started to break out more...and I'm assuming its cuz of this because once I stopped using it I was fine again. Overall its really not so bad for a drugstore product. I definitely would encourage people to try it. URGH THE BOTTLE SUX THOUGH!! Freakin mess!!!

on 2/4/2005 12:33:00 AM

This is a nice foundation but for the color selection, which by Almay standards is very disappointing. They really need a shade between 01 Ivory and 02 Naked. Based on reading the reviews here I am not the only one who falls between those two shades. (I am MAC NC20, Stila B, Bobbi Brown/Laura Mercier Warm Ivory.) If you can find a color that matches, this a decent foundation. It has a fairly light texture that is easy to apply and blend. Coverage is light to medium. It has a matte finish but in terms of staying matte throughout the day I'd give it a so so rating. I didn't have any problems with the packaging but I didn't attempt to store it in a makeup bag.

on 2/1/2005 4:02:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

The lady at the drustore I bought this from tried different shades on me and found the right one (beige 06 if I remember correctly) so I didn't have any problems with colour =). And It felt very light and made my skin look completely natural. Best of all, it hid all my scars when I used it with a concealer and I didn't break out after I used it. But I TOTALLY agree about the packaging. It's a sturdy bottle, but what's with that lid?! It leaked in my makeup bag (but I caught it in time, thank goodness) and stuff builds up inside the lid. Not pretty.

on 1/31/2005 7:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I decided to buy this foundation after reading your reviews. I'm looking for a matte foundation that can handle my over-production of oil, that can also minimize my large pores and of course that doesn't break me out (too much to ask I think). I bought the Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Makeup yesterday for $14Can, average price, I thought. I bought Neutral 3, which was pretty similar to Buff from Revlon(good stand-by foundation). The coverage was good and it looked very natural, I noticed that it was more matte than my colourstay Natural, which was a good thing, but I didn't notice any difference with my pores and the shine came back after a few hours. I guess I'll continue to use it as long as it doesn't break me out and as long as I don't find anything better. If you ladies know of any other foundation that might work better please let me know. I'll write again if I get any adverse results. Update...I actually ended up returning this foundation, I noticed a few times that it would cake in certain areas and that the coverage was at times artificial looking. So I went back to my colourstay natural, and I dont plan on changing it unless it's well worth it!!

on 1/31/2005 1:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This foundation has a nice finish, but it dries out my skin. The coloras are okay, though I can't find a perfect match, several work ok for me. The packaging doesn't bother me since I store it upright. Overall, it gives a reasonably nice, lighte coverage, matte finish, but I don't like it as much as the Amazing Lasting foundation, which was discontinued. Since it dries me out, I wouldn't repurchase.

By far the best drugstore foundation I've found so far. I have Eurasian NC20 sensitive acne-prone skin, and picked this one up in the shade 02 Naked. It's slightly too dark and too yellow in bright sunlight (in any other light it melts into my skin seamlessly), but that was the closest match they had. It was medium coverage--mostly but not completely obscuring my acne scars and redness. It does cling to dry flakes, but not as badly as Almay Skin Stays Clean did. I use so many acne treatments that I can't say if this did anything to actually help my skin, but it didn't break me out. The foundation dries quickly, so you have to blend quickly accordingly. It keeps my face matte more than any other foundation I tried, and is actually a little drying. EL Ideal Matte is still my holy grail of foundations, but this is great for something cheap and low-maintenance. I must echo all the other reviews about the leaky bottle, though--it SUCKS. Be careful with it!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Great foundation for the price! Color selection is small but yellow based and the texture is light and translucide so even if you can't find a perfect match, dont worry too much! Reminds me of MUFE Body and Face liquid foundation. If you have oily acne prone skin, give it a try! However, the packaging is awful!! I transfered some in another bottle. Edit 14/10/2005: I dont use it anymore. It didnt blend well and looked strange with powder