December 19, 2014 | 1046 users online

Cleansers - Noxzema - Original Skin Cream

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2004 5:10:00 AM More reviews by ag823420

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My new HG! I put it on my face when it's damp and let it sit for a few minutes to let it tingle and deep clean. Doesn't overdry either.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2004 11:41:00 AM More reviews by kristenb

Don't use this wash if you break out easily and have oily skin...its a definite no! I tried this a long time ago and was scolded by several people, including my derm. I bought a tub of it on clearance for rubbing into sunburnt skin--and thats it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2004 12:51:00 AM More reviews by Eleanor_The_Cute

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I will never buy a different brand of facial skin care products, ever again! I love Noxema. I use the original formula face cleansing cream, the original formula face cleansing lotion, the triple clean salicilic acid pads, and the new pre-moistened face cloths. The smell is my favorite for any skincare line; this stuff removes makeup and deep cleans, helps keep my moderate acne problems at bay, the acid pads fight blackheads & the oil-clogged pores, I love the tingle, and I love the fresh, smooth, and new feel my face gets after cleansing. This stuff is dirt cheap at any Wal-Mart, Walgreens, Eckerds, grocery store, wherever. It's been around for almost a century, I think, and has been used for many different purposes, including for soldiers' raw, tired feet in WWI!!! Hey, this stuff is great for your skin, head to toe! The eucalyptus, menthol and camphor smell is practically divine. I think my face gets cleaner just smelling it . . .

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2004 3:33:00 PM More reviews by StrawberryBlondie

I have acne prone skin and this is a holy grail for me. I wash once a day with this, and once a day with Alpha Hydroxy cleanser, and my face is now totally clean. I find that this cleans my oily skin without stripping it and it smells refreshing.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/14/2004 7:54:00 PM More reviews by eanj

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I should begin by saying that I really wish we could give half lipsticks b/c I think this one is worthy of a 3.5! Anyhow, I don't use Noxema every day. I like it when my skin is exceptionally dry (i.e. in winter) or sunburned. It does a great job of moisturizing and it's perfect at eliminating flakes. However, it can be a little tough to really rinse off and it just doesn't cleanse quite well enough. Definitely worth a shot though....

rated 1 of 5 on 2/8/2004 9:42:00 AM More reviews by perfumeslut

Whats up with the Noxema company? They cannot seem to stop putting harmful irritating ingredients in their line. Menthol, camphor, eucalyptis, come on girls on your face!! God help you if you get this stuff in your eyes. I didn't even mention the alcohol. Once again for your face it should be dye fee, scent fee and free of plant oils.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2004 11:49:00 PM More reviews by cjenn

My mom used this for years on her face as a face cream; so as a little girl I was exposed to this regularly. I liked the fresh, clean smell and the tingly sensation it gave my skin. It is a kind of all-purpose skin care cream that can be used as a cleanser and or face cream or even sunburn remedy. It is good for oily skins despite its ultra heavy consistency; as it does not contain a high oil content. I think that eucalyptus is one of the main ingredients. I don't use this anymore so much, but it has stood the test of time, as it has been out for nealy fifty years.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/15/2004 6:45:00 PM More reviews by SugarBug

I'm torn on this one... on one hand it has the fresh smell, sensation, and moisturizing properties. On the other hand it leaves my skin not-so-clean (proven after a swipe with some toner) and it also leaves a definite film. I like it for the winter when my skin tend to be dry. I'm not sure how healthy some of the ingredients are for skin though!? It's like my good, generic, love-my-menthol cleanser. Three lippies from me.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/8/2004 6:07:00 PM More reviews by perfumeslut

What a HORRIBLE product to be using anywhere let alone your face. Menthol and alcohol, ouch it hurts just thinking about this stuff. God help you if you get it in your eyes!! Never use anything with fragrances and irritating ingredients on your face, eventually you will be sorry. Try Oil of Olay foaming cleanser for Sensitive Skin, gentle no fragrance or dyes, perfumes etc.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/8/2004 2:55:00 PM More reviews by ellenmac

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This stuff was great when I was a kid (was my first cleanser), but doesn't work for me anymore. I agree with some other people - I love the smell!