Noxzema Original Skin Cream

3.8

Price: $

Price: $

Water , Stearic Acid , Linseed Oil , Soybean Oil , Fragrance , Ammonium Hydroxide , Camphor , Menthol , Eucalyptus Oil , Propylene Glycol , Gelatin , Calcium Hydroxide

on 3/5/2004 9:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I will always love Noxema Skin Products! As the old commercials of the early 80's said" Beautiful Skin Begins With Noxema!" It's tingling and smells very fresh and I'll always use it.

on 3/4/2004 4:42:00 PM

This is not a very good cleanser. It leaves makeup on the face, and that can lead to break-outs. It does feel good though--but I expect more than that from a cleanser.

on 2/27/2004 11:43:00 PM

I was surfing through the different products here on MUA and came across Noxema. When I was a teenager, I used Covergirl makeup with Noxema and broke out constantly - my mother just chalked up to teenaged acne. Well, as I got older and went on to better foundation, I never had any trouble with my skin. Then, prompted by a magazine article, I remember reading about a model who couldn't do without her Noxema cleanser, so naturally, I ran right out and bought some. Well, you guessed it - I immediately broke out. All those teenage years I suffered, not knowing it was the Noxema in the foundation! Now, reading these reviews, I was surprised to see that lots of other people had the same reaction.

on 2/25/2004 5:10:00 AM

My new HG! I put it on my face when it's damp and let it sit for a few minutes to let it tingle and deep clean. Doesn't overdry either.

on 2/20/2004 11:41:00 AM

Don't use this wash if you break out easily and have oily skin...its a definite no! I tried this a long time ago and was scolded by several people, including my derm. I bought a tub of it on clearance for rubbing into sunburnt skin--and thats it.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I will never buy a different brand of facial skin care products, ever again! I love Noxema. I use the original formula face cleansing cream, the original formula face cleansing lotion, the triple clean salicilic acid pads, and the new pre-moistened face cloths. The smell is my favorite for any skincare line; this stuff removes makeup and deep cleans, helps keep my moderate acne problems at bay, the acid pads fight blackheads & the oil-clogged pores, I love the tingle, and I love the fresh, smooth, and new feel my face gets after cleansing. This stuff is dirt cheap at any Wal-Mart, Walgreens, Eckerds, grocery store, wherever. It's been around for almost a century, I think, and has been used for many different purposes, including for soldiers' raw, tired feet in WWI!!! Hey, this stuff is great for your skin, head to toe! The eucalyptus, menthol and camphor smell is practically divine. I think my face gets cleaner just smelling it . . .

I have acne prone skin and this is a holy grail for me. I wash once a day with this, and once a day with Alpha Hydroxy cleanser, and my face is now totally clean. I find that this cleans my oily skin without stripping it and it smells refreshing.

on 2/14/2004 7:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I should begin by saying that I really wish we could give half lipsticks b/c I think this one is worthy of a 3.5! Anyhow, I don't use Noxema every day. I like it when my skin is exceptionally dry (i.e. in winter) or sunburned. It does a great job of moisturizing and it's perfect at eliminating flakes. However, it can be a little tough to really rinse off and it just doesn't cleanse quite well enough. Definitely worth a shot though....

on 2/8/2004 9:42:00 AM

Whats up with the Noxema company? They cannot seem to stop putting harmful irritating ingredients in their line. Menthol, camphor, eucalyptis, come on girls on your face!! God help you if you get this stuff in your eyes. I didn't even mention the alcohol. Once again for your face it should be dye fee, scent fee and free of plant oils.

on 1/31/2004 11:49:00 PM

My mom used this for years on her face as a face cream; so as a little girl I was exposed to this regularly. I liked the fresh, clean smell and the tingly sensation it gave my skin. It is a kind of all-purpose skin care cream that can be used as a cleanser and or face cream or even sunburn remedy. It is good for oily skins despite its ultra heavy consistency; as it does not contain a high oil content. I think that eucalyptus is one of the main ingredients. I don't use this anymore so much, but it has stood the test of time, as it has been out for nealy fifty years.