September 22, 2014 | 1057 users online

Cleansers - Noxzema - Original Skin Cream

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 2/14/2004 7:54:00 PM More reviews by eanj

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I should begin by saying that I really wish we could give half lipsticks b/c I think this one is worthy of a 3.5! Anyhow, I don't use Noxema every day. I like it when my skin is exceptionally dry (i.e. in winter) or sunburned. It does a great job of moisturizing and it's perfect at eliminating flakes. However, it can be a little tough to really rinse off and it just doesn't cleanse quite well enough. Definitely worth a shot though....

rated 1 of 5 on 2/8/2004 9:42:00 AM More reviews by perfumeslut

Whats up with the Noxema company? They cannot seem to stop putting harmful irritating ingredients in their line. Menthol, camphor, eucalyptis, come on girls on your face!! God help you if you get this stuff in your eyes. I didn't even mention the alcohol. Once again for your face it should be dye fee, scent fee and free of plant oils.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2004 11:49:00 PM More reviews by cjenn

My mom used this for years on her face as a face cream; so as a little girl I was exposed to this regularly. I liked the fresh, clean smell and the tingly sensation it gave my skin. It is a kind of all-purpose skin care cream that can be used as a cleanser and or face cream or even sunburn remedy. It is good for oily skins despite its ultra heavy consistency; as it does not contain a high oil content. I think that eucalyptus is one of the main ingredients. I don't use this anymore so much, but it has stood the test of time, as it has been out for nealy fifty years.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/15/2004 6:45:00 PM More reviews by SugarBug

I'm torn on this one... on one hand it has the fresh smell, sensation, and moisturizing properties. On the other hand it leaves my skin not-so-clean (proven after a swipe with some toner) and it also leaves a definite film. I like it for the winter when my skin tend to be dry. I'm not sure how healthy some of the ingredients are for skin though!? It's like my good, generic, love-my-menthol cleanser. Three lippies from me.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/8/2004 6:07:00 PM More reviews by perfumeslut

What a HORRIBLE product to be using anywhere let alone your face. Menthol and alcohol, ouch it hurts just thinking about this stuff. God help you if you get it in your eyes!! Never use anything with fragrances and irritating ingredients on your face, eventually you will be sorry. Try Oil of Olay foaming cleanser for Sensitive Skin, gentle no fragrance or dyes, perfumes etc.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/8/2004 2:55:00 PM More reviews by ellenmac

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This stuff was great when I was a kid (was my first cleanser), but doesn't work for me anymore. I agree with some other people - I love the smell!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/31/2003 8:56:00 PM More reviews by dirtybirdie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This was my first facial cleanser and it worked pretty well for me. The smell is intense, as is the menthol sensation, but again I used this for a long time since I was young and was used to it. I have combination, acne-prone skin, and was a good cleanser. Also very soothing for sunburn. An old-standby, though very rough ingredients. I'm trying new cleansers now.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/30/2003 11:23:00 AM More reviews by Karinea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The smell, texture and feel of this cream are nice, soft and cool. However, it dries out the skin whitout cleasing it much. It feels like washing your face with bad moisturizer. I once asked my dermatologist if I could use Noxema when I ran out of spectro-jel, and she told me: "well, it basically doesn't do anything, might as well use a soap like dove..." I really like the smell, though.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2003 7:01:00 PM More reviews by ruWOOOzy

Okay... I have to say.. I love the smell of this. It is so refreshing. And I have to say, I liked the jar... it was just fun, I don't know. I realize that the somewhat strange "residual feeling" may take some getting used to, though, and I didn't like how I had to use a separate product to exfoliate, but the formula actually kept me pimple free for months (the summer months, too!!) which is great cuz being 15... my hormones tend to cause, among other things,. zits. But after a while, like all my other cleansers, it stopped working, dangit. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/28/2003 10:04:00 PM More reviews by Denise73

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I may be in a minority, but I have always loved the smell of this since I was a kid! I still use it once in a while. Very refreshing and tingly. Just don't get it near your eyes!