Noxzema Original Skin Cream

3.8

Price: $

Price: $

Water , Stearic Acid , Linseed Oil , Soybean Oil , Fragrance , Ammonium Hydroxide , Camphor , Menthol , Eucalyptus Oil , Propylene Glycol , Gelatin , Calcium Hydroxide (end)///// (ORIGINAL DEEP CLEANSING CREAM INGREDIENTS: 4/9/15): Water, Stearic Acid, Linum Usitatissimum Seed Oil (Linseed), Glycine Soja Oil (Soybean), Propylene Glycol, Gelatin, Camphor, Phenol, Ammonium Hydroxide, Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf Oil, Calcium Hydroxide, Menthol, Sodium Bicarbonate, Calcium Chloride, Magnesium Sulfate, Potassium Chloride, Fragrance.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Pretty good as a cream cleanser. I use it during the winter months, since my skin doesn't get as oily then. (In the summer I need to switch to a liquid cleanser.) I love the tingly feeling and the menthol smell. :)

on 4/1/2004 9:41:00 PM

As a little girl, I used to watch my mom slather this stuff on her face. The menthol smell is very familiar and brings back memories. I used this for about 20 years myself, using it as an all-purpose skin cream, cleanser, and skin coolant for those awful sunburned days. I never found this to be too oily and it did make my face feel soft and tingly, but I have since found so many great products for my skin. Don't know that I'd go back to this. But overall, not a bad product; one that has apparently stood the test of time.

One of the better cleansers i've ever used...left my face feeling fresh and cool, and i've noticed much less breakouts after i started using this. i'd like it better if it was in a pump bottle rather than a little pot, but meh, not a big deal at all

This is my HG of cleansers! I use this with a damp wash cloth to remove my makeup, then follow up with a face wash. It does leave a film on my face, so that's why I wash after. It is the best at digging down deep and removing all of your face makeup! I have been using this since I was a teenager.

on 3/14/2004 3:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

i used this all through middle school and high school and had absolutely perfect skin. then i moved to college and started trying other crap b/ i was told noxzema is bad and oil-free foaming cleansers are better. awful decision - skin became tempermental and acne-prone! i was stupid and continued using all sorts of crap before finally realizing that almost all things geared towards oily skin made it worse. i'v been using noxzema again for the past few months and my skin is looking sooooo much better and healthier. less oily and no breakouts at all. UPDATE: thank goodness i decided to go back to my trusty noxzema a couple of months ago! right now my entire skincare routine consists of washing with noxzema in the am and pm... and that's it (no toners or moisturizers)! and my skin is fantastic! no irritation, dryness, or clogged pores, and my skin is nicely smooth and even. i'm a true believer in the "less is more" philosophy... noxzema's all i need.

I have used noxzema most of my life and it's been great. I have tried other things before but nothing works like this. I love the smell.

on 3/5/2004 9:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I will always love Noxema Skin Products! As the old commercials of the early 80's said" Beautiful Skin Begins With Noxema!" It's tingling and smells very fresh and I'll always use it.

on 3/4/2004 4:42:00 PM

This is not a very good cleanser. It leaves makeup on the face, and that can lead to break-outs. It does feel good though--but I expect more than that from a cleanser.

on 2/27/2004 11:43:00 PM

I was surfing through the different products here on MUA and came across Noxema. When I was a teenager, I used Covergirl makeup with Noxema and broke out constantly - my mother just chalked up to teenaged acne. Well, as I got older and went on to better foundation, I never had any trouble with my skin. Then, prompted by a magazine article, I remember reading about a model who couldn't do without her Noxema cleanser, so naturally, I ran right out and bought some. Well, you guessed it - I immediately broke out. All those teenage years I suffered, not knowing it was the Noxema in the foundation! Now, reading these reviews, I was surprised to see that lots of other people had the same reaction.

on 2/25/2004 5:10:00 AM

My new HG! I put it on my face when it's damp and let it sit for a few minutes to let it tingle and deep clean. Doesn't overdry either.