July 30, 2014 | 1194 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2009 11:15:00 AM More reviews by dliu8456

I'm really glad Cetaphil came up with this product for oily/combination skin. I used the gentle version for dry skin previously despite the fact that I have oily skin. For an inexpensive cleanser it gets the job done without over drying. But if you're looking for clean rinse result like me, this is not the product. I use a separate cleanser to wash off the residues.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/7/2009 4:42:00 PM More reviews by bellalinda1805

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am so so about this product...I would only buy again if I cant find my HG Cleanser (Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash)... I would wash my face and afterwards tone, and my toner would pick up dirt and residue and even though I know that is what toners do, with Purpose, my cotton ball is 98% clean, with cetaphil is not. Also, i had run out of the big container of cetaphil, (my hubby uses it as well), and i went and brought the small one (same version though), and i just put the small one in the almost empty big bottle and i dont know what happened, but maybe i changed the consistency..(if that makes any sense)...and then i would wash my face and i would feel as if i was washing my face with pure water! I had to go out and buy a facial sponge just to feel my skin clean!!! It didnt break me out, but it didnt do much to make my skin any cleaner/clearer.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2009 1:30:00 PM More reviews by LelaViavonie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was really hoping that this would work for my very sensitive skin but it didnt. When I washed my face It felt like my face face was starting to burn a bit around my eyes... the fragrance was very strong and I think thats what may have caused the reaction. Then when I dried my face it was still burning a bit and I thought to myself.. this isnt good. So I slapped on my good ol cold cream and my face stopped burning and i was relieved!

I wish this product would have worked for me.. bummer

rated 3 of 5 on 1/7/2009 6:51:00 AM More reviews by wouldyoubelieve

This cleanser is ok. Just ok. As plenty of others have pointed out this doesn't take off mascara well. I don't think that is what this is for but if that's what your looking for then I would not recomend this. About the cleansing properties it's ok. I don't think this is amazing. I had qiute bad skin at the time and it didn't improve. I got through about half way through a big bottle of this so prehaps I could've stuck with it longer but I have decided to use more natural products (which has been the best decision for my skin I have ever made).

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2009 1:22:00 PM More reviews by Aladyinredpolish

I really like this product, I feel it takes off almost all my makeup with the first wash and it leaves my skin feeling clean. You must use a moisturiser along with this though because it can dry you out. It does help to prevent breakouts by cleaning your skin nicely. The only downside is that it does not completely remove ALL of your makeup on the first wash. I will buy agian and agian because its cost effiecient and it works great.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/3/2009 5:47:00 AM More reviews by tangerinetomato

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I hate this. it dries out my face and stings

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2008 5:55:00 PM More reviews by Chloe1019

Im really glad Cetaphil came out with a cleanser for oily/combo skin. I use this with my Clarisonic and my skin has never looked better! I used Ponds to take my makeup off first, then use Cetaphil and Clarisonic. Skin is super clean, but not dry. I like the pump dispenser. Price is great too! I can get it at Ulta and use the coupon.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/29/2008 12:39:00 AM More reviews by LG75

pros: good for taking off makeup and for general facial cleansing
cons: quick to dry out the skin (increased flakiness); smells like alcohol

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2008 5:30:00 PM More reviews by tootswoots

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

this gentle soap is excellent for my face. When I started using prescription strength topicals fr my acne my dr suggested i move to a very gentle cleanser. I've been using it now for about two years and it's really nice on the face. Even after I stopped using the topicals I still use the cleanser. In the cold weather it doesn't over dry the face and leave it feeling parched.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/18/2008 3:58:00 PM More reviews by pizdamomma

I have really oily skin, but I've been controlling it quite well lately. I started using this a couple of days ago. My face has been oily again and I've been going nuts trying to figure out what it is. So I realized that for some reason, this is making me super oily since this is the only thing I have changed in my routine. Will go back to purpose cleanser.