October 25, 2014 | 1665 users online

Gels/Soaps - Dove - Beauty Bar

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2007 8:42:00 AM More reviews by Pragga

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have dry skin and it really helps to prevent dryness I usually get after a bath/shower. The DOVE soaps before used to melt and lose its shape when i used them, but the ones now don't do that. I love the fragrance and it is really gentle on my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2007 1:10:00 AM More reviews by peechez5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I LOVE my Dove! I have been using dove for about 8 years and I couldn't live without it. I have very sensitive normal skin and there are only a couple things I can use to wash my face that don't give me a rash or breakout and Dove soap is one of them. I love the fact that my face feels clean and moisturized after I wash and it rinses clean too. I use it morning and night all year round from head to toe and my skin is very clear and soft. Dove's my staple for life!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/24/2007 11:01:00 PM More reviews by PolkadotRobot

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff is so gross! read the ingredients..um...no...I don't think so! not on my face! I'm pretty much hooked on homeade soap now simply because I can't handle the chemicals in INDUSTRIAL soaps.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2007 7:32:00 PM More reviews by maure

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

On recommendation of my skin Dr. I have been using Dove Soap to wash my face 2x a day. I have been also using Retin A for almost 20 years--- and, yup the same Doc said Dove is the best ( mild) cleanser to use. I love the smell of the original Dove, but the new green Cool moisture is a close second favorite.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2007 10:38:00 PM More reviews by ihatespots

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

smells great and is very moisturising when ur using it...when after shower, my skin was really dry. but would buy it again as its cheap and lathers pretty well

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2007 9:42:00 PM More reviews by erghblah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love love love love this so much! And I don't even like using soap in the shower! I never have! It dries me out, I feel flaky and grimy! So why am I loving this so much?? Bought this on an impulse after reading reviews here and I'm really glad I did. I have never felt so soft for such a cheap price in all my life! There's no need for me to use a moisturiser after stepping out of the shower as my skins as clean and well-nurished as I could possibly hope for. This soap has such a nice creamy lather to it that even beats any shower gel I've tried (including dove ones)! I find the scent to a lingering one, but it's calming and innocent and soapy ivory happy joy. Yes, that's how much I like it. Occassionaly will mix things up with some Lush body butters (good exfoliaters) but this is my new HG and a new staple to my bathroom.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/10/2007 9:53:00 PM More reviews by hayeda

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My mother uses this as a facial cleanser. But whenever I use this on my face, I get major breakouts. It never fails. I recently discoevered the reason for this. I read on Paula Begoun's website (www.cosmeticscop.com) that the ingredients that make cleansers into a bar soap actually cause clogged pores. This was published in scientific journals about dermatology. So, if you are like me -extremely prone having blackheads and pimples- I would advise you to stay away from ANY type of bar soap (no matter what the PH level is) and stick to gentle cream/gel/foam cleansers. That's what I've done for the last six months and I have had almost no breakouts.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2007 2:13:00 AM More reviews by flynnlee25

I was drawn to Dove because of their newer advertising campaign(sp?). Anyway, I went out tonight and bought a 6 pack of the white bar with the 1/4 moisturizer in every bar. I love softsoap but have never had an HG bath and shower soap, as it didn't really matter. Softsoap was my favorite because it was more inexpensive and it smells so good, so I will use it when I want a fragrance, I used to use bars from bath and body works. In all, I got kind of tired of so many smelly scents and wanted to go for the classic, so I read reviews online at many different places and they all said Dove was the best. I thought couldn't be, because it's an inexpensive grocery store soap. However I had remembered reading that several models such as Tyra Banks(couldn't remember who), I think, uses it and I thought well, why not?

I love it. The scent is comforting and my skin feels soft and not taught and dry all over. I usually am a Clinique fan and I tried this on my face and I don't know if I will continue doing that as I used to sell Clinique and heard about the horrors of using Dove on the face, but really my skin wasn't taught and dry after using the Dove bar as it is using my Clinique bar.

So I can't believe what a great find this is -- such a classic and a beauty staple. The softsoap brand is great for days when you want scent but when I want comfort, and this is most days as of late, this bar is awesome. Boyfriend said it smelled like the bugspray off, I disagree. I love these beauty bars. They're simple and clean.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2007 4:09:00 AM More reviews by kahaluumauka4

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I Love dove for many years, I always used the original white bar and the regular rose pink bar soap, then, now they have this nutrium cream oil beauty bar which has been reformulated, same scent but does not have the pink and white strip, now its a blended nutrium bar in a light light pink color, I LOVE this nutrium improved, its not heavy on my skin, rinses well, and excellently makes my face and body ultimatley soft!!!! I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS RENEWED BAR OF NUTRIUM, they also made 3 new body washes, i tried the yellow body wash (bottle) i think its vanilla scented with another scent in this light body wash, I tossed it, its too heavy like most of olays body wash, especially coming summer, i have to use something less moisturizing living in this hawaiian tropical heat i dont want to feel overly moisturized !! but DOVE IS MY LOVE When it comes to bathing !! The dove bar soaps i love, the new nutrium, the cream white original bar, and the rose cream pink bar soap, these are the only ones I use. I hate those Gritty Exfoliating body washes, and the Gritty exfoliating bar soaps in the dove line.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2007 8:33:00 PM More reviews by lisasurf1

I have been using this to wash my face for a year and my skin totally love it. with a ph of 7, it does not dry out the skin and wash off 100% clean...