Dove Beauty Bar

4.4

sodium lauroyl isethionate, stearic acid, sodium tallowate or sodium palmitate, lauric acid, sodium isethionate, water, sodium stearate, cocamidopropyl betaine, sodium cocoate or sodium palm kernelate, fragrance, sodium chloride, tetrasodium edta, tetrasodium etidronate, titanium dioxide.

on 1/26/2008 6:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love Dove soap bars. They lather up lovely and have pretty and clean scents and moisturize well. They are pretty themselves too. I left a packaged one without the plastic wrap in my room and for a day or two, the smell of soap kind of wafted around that area. Totally random I know but I just felt like noting it. Dove is the only soap bar I'll use.

on 1/17/2008 11:58:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

i got this as part of a dove gift set for christmas. i love the classic smell and it does get you clean feeling, but i find its not moisturising enough. it leaves my skin dry and thirsty. my husband really likes it though. i think this would be a great bar soap to use after exercising etc. or for anyone who really loves that squeaky clean feeling.

on 1/13/2008 4:59:00 PM

I stopped using shower gels when I moved a few months ago and started buying the Dove beauty bar again. I really like the smell and it gets me clean without drying my skin. I am a huge fan of Dove's advertising campaign in which they use real women as models. I love the the fact they dont perpetuate the one size fits all standard of beauty. I know its an advertising campaign designed to make the company money but I cant help but support a company that shows how beautiful real women are. It feels good to buy from a company doing SOMETHING positive for women's self esteem plus the soap is great.

on 1/4/2008 12:13:00 AM

Classic soap that cleans well and smells WONDERFUL. Brings back many memories of playing in the bathtub as a child. We ALWAYS had Dove soap in the bathroom growing up. Perfect to cleanse and soothe itchy wintertime (or anytime your skin is dry) skin.

on 1/3/2008 9:39:00 AM

This is my HG of all soaps. First of all, the scent can not be beat. I use this in the shower and have even used it on my face from time to time with no problems. Actually, I have used Dove in moments of desperation on my face during stubborn breakouts, and I swear, they cleared up quicker.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

i love dove soaps. my skin always feels beautifull moisturized, silky and soft after my shower.

on 12/25/2007 10:37:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I use this after I use dipilatory cream just to calm everything down. I never get irritated skin thanks to this fantastic classic soap. The scent is out of this world too. Nothing can compare.

on 12/22/2007 5:05:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This soap doesn't cleanse very well. It left me feeling filmy and greasy, and I ended up with some acne too. I guess it was moisturizing, but I can always use lotion for that, I want my soap to clean!

This soap is good, I grew up using it. It lathers well and is moisturizing. However I don't like the fact that I run out of it so fast, 2 weeks. I'm going to be trying out more expensive soaps out now, I like nice bath products and that is one arena I have yet to explore.

on 11/28/2007 6:06:00 AM

I love love love love the smell of this soap. I can't say it enough. I love showering because I love the rich lather and the way it rinses clean with just a hint of moisture.

I haven't used this on my face, I strictly use this on my body. I like to spray perfume on my skin right after I shower with Dove because the perfume smells so much better (if you like soapy scents, then this will work for you). I have also used perfumes I don't like as much over a Dove scented body and I swear I've decided to keep a lot of my old perfumes. continued >>