December 19, 2014 | 1045 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2012 8:01:00 PM More reviews by prettylights

I got this yesterday after thinking about it since it came out and finally decided it was worth it after seeing it in person. I already have Naked 1, BOS IV, and the 15th Anniversary palette so between those I have a decent amount of UD neutrals. What really sold me on this palette are the shades Tease, Snakebite, Suspect, Pistol, and Verve - they are such pretty cool-toned neutrals, and being a cool fair blonde sometimes the shades in the Naked 1 palette are too warm and overpowering on me. Last night for Valentine's dinner I did a look with Verve on the lid, Bootycall as a highlight, Pistol on the crease/outer corners/lower lashline, Gunmetal on the very outer corners, and lined with Blackout and it was a very sophisticated smoky eye look, perfect for my complexion.

What confuses me about this palette:
Why they included Half Baked again. While it's a very pretty gold, it just doesn't seem to 'fit' with the cooler browns in the palette. Since they felt the need to dupe a shade from Naked 1, I feel like Naked would have been a better addition since that's a perfect neutral base shade.

What's not so good:
It feels like this palette lacks pigmentation compared to the Naked 1 palette. Some shades I had to really layer on, with primer, to get the pigmentation I wanted and I don't have this problem with any of my other UD palettes. Also, there's a lot more fallout with these shadows than I was expecting, especially when you use the stiff bristle brush that comes with it to pick up the shadows. Busted is very similar to Hustle from Naked 1 and is not as pigmented as I thought it would be, but it's a lovely shade.

What I love -
Foxy is a good matte base shade on my light skin and I think it will be a very versatile shade for me. The entire side of the palette from Tease to Blackout I will get a lot of use out of. Suspect and Snakebite compliment each other very well, as do Verve and Pistol. Bootycall is similar to Virgin from Naked 1 but slightly peachier and is a good highlighter shade. YDK is a lovely medium brown with a silver sheen and I think it's a good stand alone shade for a quick wash of color. Tease, although a bit chalky to work with, is a beautiful matte plum brown and it really makes my blue eyes pop. I think Tease would look great on any color skin/eyes. I don't like to use eyeliner and usually line with eyeshadow, so Blackout is my black 'eyeliner' of choice and it's perfect in this palette.

Overall:
I am happy that I got this palette. The neutrals in it are different than other UD shades I have and really compliment my fair skin/blue eyes more than the shades in Naked 1 do. I feel like between Naked 1 and Naked 2 I can do any neutral eye look my heart desires. It's really nice to have the more grey neutrals like Suspect, Pistol and Verve because I have nothing like that in my current e/s collection. If you're on the fence and feel like Naked 1 is too warm for you, definitely give Naked 2 a try. I think I'll be using this one a lot more than Naked 1.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/15/2012 2:44:00 PM More reviews by Emma93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I probably wouldn't buy this again.
Not because I don't like the colors - they are gorgeous and suit me well.
I especially love the colors of YDK, Busted, Suspect and Snakebite. They are gorgeous and all that, but I just don't really know how to use these colors.
This palette seems to be more shimmery than the original one. The finish of the shimmery colors in the Naked2 is even more shimmery than the one in Naked1 and has a lot of fall out. Toasted from the original palette for me has the perfect finish: shimmery but not glittery. I am missing that in the colors of this palette. Except for Suspect, maybe, they all are VERY glittery, especially YDK and Chopper, which I think is very sad, because I love the colors so much.
I still have to experiment with it and see how I make the matte shades work with the glittery ones because often I find that when I apply f.ex. Blackout in the crease it doesn't look like a matte shade anymore, because the lidcolor is so shimmery. I'll see and maybe change my opinion, but so far this does not work for me...

Excuse any mistakes, english is not my mother tongue. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2012 3:02:00 AM More reviews by Keykatriz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm not super knowledgeable about makeup, but I saw this palette in stores and kind of fell in love! I debated a while between this and the original Naked palette, but the taupe-y colors in this won me over, plus Snakebite might be my favorite eyeshadow color ever. The construction of this palette is awesome. The mirror is nice and big and the palette is sturdy, looks like it would be great for travel.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2012 12:19:00 PM More reviews by FiestyFemme

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

At first I said I didn't need this palette. I have the original Naked palette, plus a ton of MAC neutrals, so this would be a waste. Then I got some Ulta gift cards for Christmas, and there was honestly nothing else that intrigued me except the Naked 2 palette. I stalked the Ulta site until they were available, and then I ran to my nearest store (after work, at almost 9PM) to grab one. I have worn nothing else since! I love, love, LOVE the selection of colors, and I particularly love that they included a matte highlight in this palette. I only have 2 gripes with this palette... 1) I would have preferred another double ended 24/7 pencil like I got with my original Naked palette, and 2) I don't particularly love the fallout of Chopper and YDK. I actually have YDK in a single pan, and mine has barely discernible gold microglitter, while this one seems to have much larger glitter particles. I still adore this palette, and I'm glad I decided to go for it! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2012 7:11:00 AM More reviews by kiki005us

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Okay, so i heard about all the hype surrounding the Naked palettes, and after much deliberation between the first one and the new one, I decided that the Naked 2 would go better with my fair skin tone. I was right! This palette has some wonderful colors in it, and when I use them on my eyes, they make my eyes so beautiful. I love the shimmery shadows inside. Also, I like the brush that is included since I needed a blending brush, and that helps make my eye looks come together. I have only had this for a couple of days, so I will be updating to let you know how things are going with it. HAPPY so far!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2012 7:05:00 PM More reviews by XxDeathXAngelxX

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

It took me forever to get ahold of the first naked palette so when I heard this one was coming out I made sure I got my hands on it. Honestly I really like this palette. The cool shades make it really great for winter and look great on my cool toned skin, plus I'm a huge fan of taupes. The packaging is great imo, study exterior that closes pretty securely and I really like the size of the mirror. The only thing I have against this is that I find its not as easy to create everyday, quick looks with it as it is with the original naked, but I'm sure as I play with it more that will change. This pallet is also great for travel. In terms of the price it is kind of a pricey item overall ($60 CAN) but considering how many shadows you get and the quality of them it's actually a pretty good deal. I also really like the fact that they didn't include another primer this time, I've moved away from using the UDPP and this way I got to try one of their lipglosses (which I really like btw). The brush is also pretty decent, for all those saying it's a pretty crappy brush, I'm surprised . The brush included is a combo (as its double sided) of two of the regular UD brushes, and while the one end isn't super great with powder shadows, it works great with my cream ones.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2012 6:25:00 PM More reviews by vanitybe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

The colors are well pigmented and last all day. I think it's good to have in your collection but I find sometime it difficult to work with all those cool colors, I have to add other warm colors from other product to give me the finish look. I never own naked 1 so I can't compare. If you got cash to spend, I recommend to get it, but if you have low budget, I don't think it's a good investment. I wouldn't purcharge again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2012 11:40:00 AM More reviews by mia2749

What a steal. Sometimes palettes have a few colors I like and a ton I hate bc they don't go with my skin tone. This palette has great colors that work with almost any skin color and I use almost all the colors. A must have!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2012 4:04:00 PM More reviews by basmah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

As soon as I found out that this palette was released, I vowed that I didn't need it and that I wasn't planning on buying it. I saw the swatches on blogs, I watched the youtube videos etc, and I decided that the original Naked palette (which I own, love, but for some reason hardly ever use) and the Naked 2 palette were very similar and that it would be a complete waste of my money to buy Naked 2. I found out that this palette would become available in my country in February, and for some reason I started going to Sephora regularly to ask when they would receive it. Not that I was planning on buying it, oh no, that would be a waste of money. I was just curious. A few days ago I went to Sephora again, they had it in stock (not even on a display, but somewhere tucked away in a drawer) and I bought it. Without even swatching it. Actually, without even opening it. I forked out the38 Euro's without even thinking about it. And I'm so happy that I did. Yes, I bought it because of all the hype, but this palette really is amazing. I am very fair (NARS Siberia, MAC NW15, possible NW10) and I found the original quite hard to work with on my skin tone, because it contains mostly warm colours (which is nice during the summer, but not so much during the fall and winter). I love that palette, and I wear some of the colours during the winter as well, but definitely not all of them I.'d say that the new palette is a combination of warm and cool tones. Whereas the first palette contained mostly gold.bronze colours, this one contains more brown/taupe colours with hints of grey, as well as the gold. Colours that appear similar (such as Hustle and Busted) actually have different undertones on my skin, meaning that they are not dupes for one another. However, Half Baked is obviously present in both palettes, and I do think that Virgin and Booty Call are VERY similar. My favourites in this palette are Busted, Pistol, Verve, Snakebite and Suspect. I don't think that 38 Euros is expensive for the amount of product you get (12 full size eyeshadows with amazing pigmentation and blendability, a mini lipgloss and a double sided brush). I'm not too happy with the brush, as I don't find it useful for applying or bleding eyeshadow, but I'm using it for concealer now. I am currently in love with this palette and it has made me feel enthusiastic about wearing eyeshadow again. I would repuchase if I ever need to.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2012 3:36:00 PM More reviews by JuliaLee67

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I stopped wearing eye shadow a few years ago because of my oily eyelids, but I wanted to try this palette because I liked the colors and prefer a more natural eye look to begin with. I really like the shadows, they're nicely pigmented, go on smoothly (I don't use a primer or foundation) and blend well, and best of all, they don't slide off my eyelids, disappear, or crease terribly. I do get creasing but it's minimal and only happens after I've had it on for hours, nothing that can't be fixed with a quick touch-up. The lipgloss that came with the palette is too sheer for me, though, and doesn't show up on my darker lips, but the color is pretty and it works with the natural/neutral theme of the palette.