Urban Decay NAKED2

4.4

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Pros:
- lots of neutral shadows
- cooler taupes than in Naked 1
- comes with Primer (for those who have yet to try it)
- very pigmented so will last a long time for the money
- could apply lightly or heavily
- can take on travels (but don't want to risk my beautiful package - heh heh)

Cons:
- expensive (though would be more expensive if each shade were bought separately)
- lots of shimmer

Am NC25-30. I own Naked1 but Naked 2 seems to suit me better since it leans more cool. The two palettes are similar but if you want cooler taupes and neutrals, get the Naked 2. No makeup enthusiast cannot do without this, right??

on 3/27/2012 4:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love urban decay's eyeshadow palettes especially this naked 2 palette I prefer natural looks. I think there are too many shimmery shades in this palette and not enough highlight colours but the eyeshadows are still very nice. It comes with a lip gloss and a 2 ended brush which I thought was quite divine. 36 in my opinion is quite expensive but it is worth it!

on 3/27/2012 11:49:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Again, I have the original NAKED palette and couldn't contain myself when the NAKED2 came out, Although the colors are similar, they're different. Gorgeous, vibrant and pigmented colors are perfect for travel and carrying around.

The only thing is, I wish they had more matte colors :-(

on 3/25/2012 1:34:00 PM

I love this palette. As some have mentioned, the colors are especially good for cool-toned skin and really complement my fair complexion. They are buildable and nicely pigmented, and I find they stay put. I have the first Naked Palette, and while I prefer the tones of this one overall, the two palettes work really well together. I find myself combing shadows from them al the time. I gave this a 4 rather than a 5 only because I do wish there were a higher ratio of mattes to glitters; however, most of the shimmery shadows are not over the top and are still wearable without making me look like I'm trying to look like my teenage daughter.

on 3/22/2012 3:37:00 AM

Just got this for my birthday. I already have Naked 1 but I think I might prefer the neutrals in this one. They're a little better suited to my skin tone. The quality is as to be expected from Urban Decay. Very smooth and pigmented. Use a primer and they will last all day (despite what one earlier reviewer said, even expensive pressed eye shadows need primer) The initial cost is a bit much, but many addicts will likely spend that much on cheap eye shadows and whatnot in a year, so it's worth the investment.

I put "No" to rebuying cause I have both the Naked and Naked 2 palettes. More then enough neutral eyeshadows for one person, so I doubt I'll ever run out.

on 3/21/2012 2:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I am head over heels in LOVE with this product! I got this at sephora a couple days ago b/c I couldn't wait any longer to try it & I don't regret buying it at all! The colors are gorgeous & I prefer this over the naked 1 palette. The colors are great for every day or going out. Definitely worth buying! Love the lip gloss too! My favorite color out of this is suspect; it the most gorgeous bronze-y color. I know this palette is over-hyped but I really like this

on 3/20/2012 8:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

love love love! there isnt much I can say about this that hasn't already been said. I have both naked original and naked 2. I definitely feel like this is the better palette in terms of colors, packaging, and brush. If you want a naked, get this one

on 3/17/2012 12:36:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I got this on a whim. I usually dont do eyeshadow when I apply make up simply because i have semi-double lid. So anything you put on is covered under the hooded layer. So it is only visible if i close my eyes. Therefore I usually put on a really bold eyeliner. For me, for the price I have to shell out, I Feel that the quality of these eyeshadows are mediocre. I have tonnes of fall out, especially with suspect, ydk, snakebite and pistol. Not just on my face but on the palette as well. I dont own naked 1, so i cant compare. but for the price there shouldnt be mega fall out. Second, I find that it's not as easy to pack on the color on the lid, i feel that you need at least two application to see a vibrant color and by the second application, major fallout on your cheeks. And not as smooth as compared to WnW. Not really easily blended either. Some colors go well with my skin tone NC35 here, some dont, indeed this is probably more suited to those who have a cooler undertone. The longevity is okay, slightly better than drugstore ones, and with UDPP, it lasts the whole day. But of course, by the end of the day, most colors are not as vibrant and they have been reduced to a wash on the eyelids.

All in all. I feel that these are one of those over hyped product, not really worth spending USD60 on, I'd rather spend the money on WnW and get more quality shadows and plus for USD 60 I could get like 8 mini pallettes...

on 3/15/2012 5:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

So. Naked 2. To get the first point of the way, yes, you can own this if you own Naked 1. There is definitely a variety of colors between these two pallettes. To get to the second point, which should you buy if you are deciding between the two? Cool tones should go with this one, warm tones with Naked one seems like obvious answer. But in my opinion, I prefer having both. In all honesty, the darker colors on 2 seem more suited to cooler colors, and the lighter colors seem more suited to warm tones. If you are to look at the two glittery shades, Sidecar in one is actually cooler than Chopper which is in 2. Virgin in one is cooler on my skin than Bootycall or Foxy in Two. Both contain Half Baked, which is probably my biggest issue with Naked 2, but point being, it is a warm color. Busted is very similar to a Naked one color, and in my opinion pulls warm. The matte midtoned shade is cooler in Naked 2, and the darker shades pull cooler as well. I really prefer the end to the right of Naked 2. Verve and Pistol were the greys that I was really wanting in the first Naked, and Suspect and Snakebite are beautiful browns that thankfully do not pull orange on me. Blackout is the blackest eyeshadow I own and since it is blendable, it is easy to work with. Now if I had to choose one for an over night trip, I would choose Naked 2 personally because I prefer mid tone or darker colors usually. But I wish there were a way to take the colors I really like from One (Sin, Smog, Virgin, Naked, Sidecar) and replace some of the lighter warmer colors in Two and leave out Busted.

Edit 1/03/2015: ok, I have changed my mind on this somewhat. I prefer the variety of 1, 2 tends to get a bit muddy on me. Grays are less flattering on me than I thought as well. I probably would not repurchase and would stick with 1 or 3.

on 3/14/2012 10:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I have so many mixed emotions with this palette. It is a nice great value for your money considering that you get 12 eyeshadows, a double end brush and a really nice gloss.
The quality of the shadows is great, i find them all to be very pigmented and to have a great staying power. My favorites are suspect, foxy, bootycall and blackout. But i think that this is not one of those all you need in one palette. Maybe I have not been very creative, but I don't find many ways in which I could combine this colors in just one great look and I often find myself using just one color from this and many others from different palettes to do my makeup.
With the original naked palette I don't need any other shadow to create a look.
So I think the original is better, and with both you can do almost any neutral look. Where I live we don't have return policy, but f we did had surely i wpuld return this.

I'm not bashing on this, but for me it has a lot of all over lid colors and very few crease colors.

I would recommend this for anyone who likes shimmery, silvery taupes and browns, but if you want an all in one palette definitely go for the original one.

Popular Palettes