December 18, 2014 | 1697 users online

Mascara - Jordana - Best Lash Extreme Volumizing Mascara

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 2/26/2012 12:16:00 PM More reviews by trinhnguyen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been told I should "patent my lashes" and have been asked many times if I have fake lashes. Since I'm asian and it's rare that asian people have very long and curled up lashes. So I don't need much to make them look amazing. I've worn many mascaras from Dior to now Jordana. I read a lot of reviews on MUA raving about this product. I drove to 3 different Walgreens looking for this "cheap amazing mascara". I was so excited to find it, I bought 2. It was okay for day time since I didn't find it very pigmented or very volumizing. I like a dramatic look, esp at night. Lots of people on here said it doesn't smudge, it smudged on me after half an hour. I gave it a few more chances but it didn't make a difference on my lashes but smudge:(

*I'm in the 30-35 age not 36-43 as MUA posted*

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2012 6:34:00 PM More reviews by alarma

Love this mascara! I used to use the YSL Effet Faux Cils mascara but had to put a CG Lashblast on top because YSL was flaking. Decided to try this mascara because of many positive reviews on here. The mascara is $2.99 on the Jordana website, but because I live in Canada I had to pay $16.00 for shipping, so that's the only drawback. I put it on and it's amazing! The mascara is very black and it gives my lashes length like no other! I would purchase this mascara again and again, just buy more next time or find out where it is sold in Canada. Try this mascara, for this price u definatly will not regret it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2012 9:50:00 PM More reviews by ErinK

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I think the reason this mascara works is because it isn't trying too hard. Mascara nowadays is so gimmicky...promising to change your life. This is more like "I am a black goop you put on with a wand, end of story." Yet don't expect an epic fail like Great Lash, this is pretty good stuff. It's about as dramatic as any I have tried and holds my curl about as well as any I have tried (I have tried a lot but mostly drugstore). The bristles are on the shorter side and that seems to be key to the drama and gives more control (Carmindy was right after all). That said, it isn't perfect. It is on the stiff, crunchy side, and it is SO hard to remove that I checked to be sure it wasn't labeled "waterproof." I hate that. If you don't mind having to chisel it off, and you're not afraid of depositing a ton of sooty drama at the base of the lashes and fighting a couple clumps for the sake of thickening, try it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2012 9:58:00 AM More reviews by andToto2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

Love and hate, all wrapped up in one product.

Love: The brush is wonderful. A nice, full brush. It separates my lashes beautifully. No clumps at all. And it makes my lashes look amazing. Very full and feathered. Just beautiful.

But the Hate: Started to smudge within an hour. Went to check a mirror, I had black circles under my eyes, the dreaded raccoon look.(I did not apply this on my lower lashes, only the top) Had to keep wiping under my eyes with q-tips all day until I could finally take it off.

The raccoon problem is a common one for me. If you are a person who never or rarely experiences that problem, then I really recommend you try this. It is very cheap (I paid under $3) and really does make your lashes look amazing. But as for me, well, it's in the trash.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2012 3:01:00 PM More reviews by italiagirl007

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Holy crap, I don't know what the chick reviewing below me is talking about. This stuff is a MIRACLE. I used to wear falsies on an everyday basis because my lashes are so short and wimpy. Then I found this mascara...whoa. Very black, thickens and lengthens extremely well, dirt cheap. Bought 3 tubes on cherry culture for 1.50 each. You can't beat this. HG for sure!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2012 10:12:00 AM More reviews by fustyluggz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I have purchased this mascara about six times now, which for me is pretty amazing. The first two times I bought/used this, I was completely unimpressed and I tossed it in the trash immediately after trying it. After continuing to read so many positive reviews, I decided to try it one more time and I am SO glad that I did. This mascara is a nice one-coater, which is important to me - I can get away with two if I'm careful. This gives me very black, long, decently volumized lashes. I have a pretty decent amount of lashes but they are short and some stick straight down so I need a mascara that can hold a curl and this one delivers. The curl lasts all day and the formula does not smudge or flake. I have to say that I'm very impressed considering the price of this. I ran out and got my friend, sister and Mom a tube too so I could spread the love.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2012 10:00:00 AM More reviews by dmoyer

WOW!! I have used it all, Chanel, Dior, Lancome, Benefit, Bare Minerals, EVERYTHING that sephora has to offer.....This beats them all hands down. I love EL double wear because I work long hours and dont like raccoon eyes however it dries way to quick in the tube for the price. This stuff is 2.99 at Walgreens, I mean you could buy 10 tubes for the price of one of the designer brands! It is a little difficult to remove but adds volume and very nice brush. Thanks MUA'ers!! I also love the fabuliner!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2012 8:17:00 PM More reviews by perfectface

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Thanks to MUA reviews, I found another great product! This mascara is almost too good to be true. I was a little skeptical but thought I'd give it a try. This is by far the BEST mascara I have ever used! I had a bad reaction to Latisse and after that my lashes have been very thin and lighter colored than before. This mascara gives me beautiful, thick, long dark lashes. The price is so affordable too. It washes off easily. I wear contacts and don't have any problems from this mascara. You will LOVE this mascara, I sure do.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2012 12:31:00 PM More reviews by coffeedogsmakeup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

At first I found this mascara to be too wet and clumpy. Applying it straight out of the tube would cause me to get the mascara actually in my eye. (or rather, on top of my contact lens) It was like it was all over the place. Now I have learned to really make sure I wipe the brush off on all sides on the mouth of the tube and then apply as normal. This is a great mascara, just took me awhile to figure it out. I was used to dry, unexciting formulas that have no intensity. This one is a different animal. I really like that it's odorless also. I can't stand perfumed eye products, because my eyes already smell ok.....

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2012 12:07:00 PM More reviews by smatte77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

This mascara is only $2.99 and performs as well as higher end mascaras out there. I wouldn't say I found the HG mascara, as I've always bounced around. In my opinion, the best ever mascara (and I've tried them all!) was Kat Von D's High Frequency, which they ignorantly discontinued in black. This stuff sort of reminds me of hers. This is a great mascara for the price, it's thick, gave me extra volume and length, held my curl, and is jet black. I love the texture, it's not too wet and not too dry. You can layer it with no problems. You can comb through clumps without removing your work. Can't beat the price. I keep this mascara in my mascara arsenal and use it regularly.