July 28, 2014 | 1515 users online

Mascara - Jordana - Best Lash Extreme Volumizing Mascara

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2011 6:31:00 PM More reviews by debknitter57

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have to tell everyone who has tried many mascaras as I have over many years. I watched nurberxo on YouTube reviewing the Jordana Best Lash Volume Mascara. I went to Walgreens after she raved about it. I was amazed that it gave a lot of volume and lengthening to my eyelashes. I have been using 2 mascaras to achieve the look I need for my eyelashes. This mascara which costs $2.99 is truly great for the price and the result. At first when I opened the tube the wand just looked ordinary but after just 2 coats on each eye I was hooked. Try it and see if you think it works for you!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2011 8:58:00 PM More reviews by pulsesync

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

A preface -
I'm not outrageously picky with my mascaras as long as I can eventually get to the near-eyebrow length and curl, which this helps with. If you're looking to wow people with your lashes, you'll probably have to test each and every mascara out there or wear falsies all the time. I only wear falsies for special occasions though.

First thing I noticed - the brush is very similar to L'Oreal Voluminous, which also means it's very similar to YSL Faux Cils. My lashes are best with short-medium length bristled brushes no matter the barrel size.

This can get a little clumpy, but I think it's less clumpy than Voluminous. It's not a super wet formula, which I like. It doesn't get on my lids when I apply it and it's buildable if you work fast. It's really a steal for $2.99 because it's just as good as other drugstore mascaras. It's actually really good for curl which I wasn't expecting. However its main strength was volume.

I like the simple shape of the packaging because it's easy to carry and it doesn't take up unnecessary space, but in a dark bag you might think you've lost it or you might mistake it for a liquid liner. At least with brighter packaged mascaras I could easily spot them amongst my things.
Overall 4/5.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/27/2011 12:49:00 AM More reviews by elliesky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I haven't been this excited about a mascara in a long time, well as excited as you can be about cosmetics anyway. So, I swiped some on top of my staple mascara: Kiss Me Heroine Make...and voila! The extra oomph that gave me beautiful separation and length; just enough volume to coat every lash without clumping. Not bad, right? Then the next day I put this baby on. without any other base mascara. Then it happened...All of the curls I just crimped with my eyelash curler literally wilted right out upon contact. This is like being the appointed fire-starter at your friend's camping trip, and you end up bringing a box of wet matches. Yeah, total let down. What's worse is that when I tried to salvage it with a heated eye curler, it curled at the ends but the bases were too wet and heavy to hold anything! So, what did my lashes ended up doing the ENTIRE day afterwards? It stuck straight down from the base and was curled at the tip, so that when you looked me in the eye all you see are wisps of some tiny spike hairs peeking out from the perimeter of my eyes because the rest of the length looked invisible when pointing down. CAN IT GET ANYMORE TRAGIC?! So, as much as I wanted to share in the magic it doesn't want to be shared by me. Therefore, my final verdict is: use it over some other mascara that actually holds a curl and it will add even more length and definition and all that wonderful jazz. However, it performs beautifully on bottom lashes because they don't need a curl. Happy hunting.

EDIT***I'm upping the stars on this baby because I finally found a way to make it work on my long sparse, curl-defiant asian lashes!!! With the right tools and technique I managed to create natural falsies (no, not an oxymoron). Prep step: pat dry your area with a blotting paper or starbucks napkin to absorb any oils on your lashes, lashline, and lid area. First, prime with a very good primer like Shiseido's or MJ's. Then curl your lashes. Next, take a rough napkin like Starbucks napkins (so it won't leave tissue residue on the wand) and squeeze out all the excess mascara on the wand until it looks (almost) bone dry. Finally, take the barely coated wand and apply gently. Keyword: gently. Make sure you don't leave blobs of mascara ANYWHERE or else it will weigh down your lashes. The best thing about this application is that it bypasses heated lash curlers (a usual must for asian eyes) and it makes a washable mascara formula workable with asian eyes!!! Unheard of! At least not to me, but if you know any washable formulas that work out please let me know. Good luck!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2011 1:16:00 AM More reviews by swethatelkar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I love this mascara. I don't want dramatic lashes just want some length and volume that looks natural and it just does that. I like it better than covergirl lash blast. I bought this just based of the reviews on MUA. Thanks very much MUA. I will continue to buy this as long as they make and will definitely recommend it to anyone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2011 4:29:00 PM More reviews by snoopy68

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Wow!!! This mascara is incredible - especially for $3 at Walgreens! It literally puts to shame the $10+ DS mascara's and most of the high-end dept. store mascara's. Unbelievable. I feel like I've been ripped off for years on products that were sub-par, to say the least...mascara is the one cosmetic that always falls short with me.
1st of all I have very short and thin eyelashes. This mascara after 1 coat instantly lengthens and thickens my lashes. 2 coats are long, thick gorgeous lashes! Not only that, but it does not pull out the curl either. No flaking mess, no smudging. No itchy eyes. Washes off fairly easily. The color is very black. The brush is perfect. As of right now, I have nothing negative to report.
Ladies, before you spend another dime on mediocre mascara, please give this a try.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2011 3:16:00 PM More reviews by EmilyM01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this mascara!!!! I was in Walgreen's one day & I always look by the cosmetic register where they normally have the Jordana & Sinful Color nail polishes... saw this mascara and the price on it really was the reason why I picked it up.. $2.99..?! Can't beat it and if it didn't work so well, I wasn't worried about it since I wouldn't have been out of much money. I used it the next morning and WOW!!!! This blew my socks off! Black, opaque color, nice defintion, the volume is awesome and length is great too! Holds a curl nicely and I love the brush! Not too big at all.. Perfect for those small lashes and lower as well, but big enough to work with.. probably the best thing about this other than it's awesome performance is the lasting power and wear.. I absolutely LOVE L'oreal Voluminous Carbon Black and always go back to it, but it leaves a racoon effect after so many hours of wear.. it may be because of it's softer formula, this mascara does dry to certain "crunch or hard" feel, but doesn't bother me.. it's not overbearing.. If you see this, try it and see how it does for you!! Anyway.. $3 for a mascara? You can't beat it!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2011 11:08:00 AM More reviews by jet8848

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have tried all kinds of mascara for my ever changing lashes.
As I have gotten older, my lashes have become less dense and shorter. This mascara has become my HG! I use it with Clinique's lash primer and WOW, long thick lashes. Even without the primer, it is great.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2011 11:00:00 AM More reviews by fes_fsa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

WOW. this stuff rocks my socks. it was only $3... and it doesn't just lengthen and separate well, it provides a lift that no other mascara in this price range (that i've tried) can deliver. i don't usually have to curl my eyelashes when using this product... and unlike every other brand of mascara i've used since Maybelline's Lash by Lash was discontinued, i can curl my lashes BEFORE applying mascara and it will hold the curl VERY well. my last mascara review, i rated Maybelline's Great Lash BIG as my holy grail, but this is about a buck cheaper and i get fantastic results instantly instead of having to build volume through layering.

i've used the same tube about 3 or 4 days of the week, for about 3 1/2 to 4 months, and the formula hasn't dried out or started flaking, and i haven't experienced any irritation, so its shelf life is pretty impressive too (usually, i have to replace my mascaras every month and a half for the reasons i've just mentioned).

wow... i really shouldn't hold on to mascara for that long
*throws tube away*.

i ran out and bought 6 to use up for about a year. i LOVE this mascara and highly recommend it.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/31/2011 1:20:00 AM More reviews by Greenapple95

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I am in love with this right now. This was my first mascara ever and I don't think I need to look for any other. I was amazed at how it lengthens and gives good curl to my lashes, also it gives them a good dark color. The only thing about it is that it can get a bit gloopy, but you can live with it though. So if you're looking for a good volumizing, lengthening and curl giver mascara then this is the one :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2011 4:28:00 PM More reviews by miabella

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

HG. I have naturally very long lashes that are thin and pale. This mascara is the best. Thick dark glossy lashes that get tons of compliments at work. Minor flaking and few clumps. Buildable for going out looks. Have repurchased many times. Wish they came out with waterproof for vacation!!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No