April 20, 2014 | 1458 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - One by One Volum' Express

rated 3 of 5 on 4/9/2011 11:40:00 AM More reviews by shizumasa

I really wanted to like this....but I usually don't have problems with mascaras except for this one.
It did nothing for my eyelashes, except make them look kind of spidery...and the waterproof version still managed to smear. It didn't really volumize my lashes either.
Over all it just made my lashes look a bit darker, would not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2011 6:29:00 PM More reviews by Bjet

*waterproof version

I was disappointed in the "volumizing" it does not really give any volume but it defines and separates each lashes. I prefer the falsies a lot more.
This mascara would be best for day time and a natural look however definitely not for dramatic.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2011 5:50:00 PM More reviews by ksuey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Let me start off by describing my natural lashes. I have asian, stick straight lashes that are pretty long but stick out horizontally.

I wanted to find a mascara that would look like my lashes, but better.
For me that meant a (NONWATERPROOF) mascara that could hold a curl , fan out my lashes, darken my lashes so that they would be more visible from far away, and have no obvious clumps close up.
Basically, I wanted NATURAL looking lashes, so it wouldn't be obvious that I was wearing mascara.

If any of you girls have similar eyelash goals, then I definitely recommend trying out this mascara. It definitely doesn't weigh my lashes down which is probably why the non-waterproof holds my curl all day (I normally curl my lashes after applying mascara), and looks completely natural with one coat (it is buildable to an extent but I like the way my lashes look with one coat).
NOTE: This volumizes by fanning out your lashes, and defining each lash individually, NOT by adding fibres to the sides of your lashes. It will NOT be as dramatic but look like your eyelashes with no mascara on them, but better.
This is why I think it looks best with only one coat of mascara (although it was hard at first to refrain myself from adding more and more coats haha :P)

Also I don't find the smell of the mascara that offensive, It's not strong but when I sniffed it, I actually liked the smell.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/6/2011 9:22:00 PM More reviews by thesunsetglow

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I wasn't crazy about the brush - it felt too flimsy to be able to give me a nice coating. It did manage to coat my lashes, but it didn't give me much volume... a little disappointing :(

Although it didn't do too much for volume, it was great for the natural look - I found if I only applied a small amount it gave me great length and definition for a more simple look. The more you apply, the longer they get, but again, not too much volume.

Overall, great for length and definition, but a little lacking in the volume department. But considering what I paid for it, it was a great bang for my buck!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2011 7:31:00 PM More reviews by DaisyFields

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really wanted to try this mascara, because I thought the bristles looked so cool! I love it! It makes my lashes so long, and fun to play with! Top and Bottom Lashes! You can Make your lashes look very natural or very bold, depending on the amount you put on. It holds a curl well, and it is waterproof, and it works great! I love this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2011 5:15:00 PM More reviews by maryanxcutie

*Waterproof Version*
Pros
- Hold curl well
- Defines & lengthens, sort of volumizes
- Just amazing
- HG MASCARA

Cons
- Weird brush but it's sort of good
- A little hard to remove

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2011 7:55:00 PM More reviews by glamgirl31

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I really love the length, volume, and definition this mascara gives my lashes. I have naturally curly lashes so I never curl before applying this. One by One literally lifts each lash and coats them so evenly that I look like I have false lashes on! I adore this mascara and will continue to use!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2011 12:02:00 PM More reviews by Horsefreak100

At first i absolutley hated it but after i let it dry out for a couple of days its almost better than my Covergirl LashBlast Volume but i can tell a difference between the two. I like it so far.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/3/2011 4:40:00 AM More reviews by pinkgreenpurple

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This isn't that great, but not awful. When you first open it, it doesn't work that well, so I was disappointed. But after a few days of use, it dried up a little and it worked really well, like the colossal. However, this didn't last for long and after a few days, it went back to not doing much for your lashes. If you apply one coat, it looks very natural, with some length, and no volume. However, when you start to apply more coats you lashes get spidery looking very quickly. Wouldn't really recommend :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2011 6:31:00 PM More reviews by rockangel04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Another favorite mascara, when I'm in a hurry I can apply this and not have to work with it to get my lashes seperated and looking good. I switc between this and the falsies. Just depends on my mood, how much time I have, and the look I'm going for. It's easy to find, cheap, and doesn't flake or clump. Love it! It's probably my HG mascara actually...I love the falsies but I have to spend some time with that mascara this is quick easy and perfect!