July 29, 2014 | 2007 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - One by One Volum' Express

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2011 11:25:00 PM More reviews by FiestyFemme

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this mascara for the last three months, as I wanted to give it a fair trial before handing down my review. For me, it really isn't anything special. I have naturally long lashes, so I always want a really volumizing formula. This mascara made my lashes look long, separated, and quite feathery, but it's just not the look I'm going for. It's ok, definitely not so bad I couldn't use it up, but I would not repurchase. I'm much happier with my HG CG Lash Blast.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/29/2011 10:54:00 PM More reviews by lexclaire

This is by far the worst mascara I have ever used. I usually use cover-girl lashblast(orange tube). But I decided I should try something new.
When I first use it I notice that it barely applied any mascara on my lashes. Second coat it made my lashed clump[ together like a wet mop. And as I tried to correct it, it only got worse.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2011 12:52:00 AM More reviews by muffingrl

First off, I'd like to say that I am a huge fan of the Volum' Express line, the Colossal is my favorite and the Falsies is also wonderful for layering on volume in combination with a lengthening mascara. Unfortunately, the One by One does not meet my expectations. I thought that the separating brush would benefit my sparse lashes and magnify them, instead, it created unflattering gaps in my lashes, every lash was indeed defined, but there was absolutely NO volume. I tried to layer the One by One with the Colossal to see if it would work better, but it looked no different than when I used the Colossal alone. I will keep trying new combos to finish the tube, but so far, I'm I not impressed.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2011 3:20:00 PM More reviews by Anitag

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I would give this 0. Bought this with high hopes for a fuller volume look on my longish med lashes, what did I get? A bad reaction is what!!
I read the ingrediants list after washing this stuff off fast and realised it contains a whole load of fruit oils including Lemon. I took it back to where I bought it and got a full refund. Usually I'm fine with maybelline mascaras, but this was a big NO for me. Whilst on my lashes they just looked clumpy and horrible - I'll stick with Full n'soft.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2011 11:58:00 PM More reviews by SkyAlternative

After having bad experiences with other maybelline products, I was surprised at this mascara. I love how clean it goes on and it gives volume to my lashes Only reason I can't give a 5 is because it doesn't hold the curl very well.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2011 4:54:00 PM More reviews by swthart

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I tried this after running out of Clinique's high impact mascara. I absolutely love it! It doesn't clump at all. Makes my lashes look longer and thicker. I would definitely purchase this product again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2011 8:33:00 AM More reviews by Winter_Snowfall

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm a skeptic with volumizing mascaras. I've tried a few that were quite disappointing. The first time I tried this, I didn't like it and I thought it did nothing for my lashes. But I gave it another try and now it's one of my favorites. I use the waterproof version. It doesn't smudge, holds a curl, gives some volume. lengthens and defines. I use this a lot for work and on weekends when I want some oomph but also a natural look.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2011 2:08:00 AM More reviews by Piggie8

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Almost a holy grail item except that I've found mine smudges. Otherwise, OMFG!!!!! No clumps, beautiful voluminous eyelashes, LOVE, LOVE LOVE! Except for the smudging. I got waterproof, lets see if it's better. Look for my review there in a few days.

EDIT: Waterproof is now my holy grail.

EDIT: As for June 2013, this is no longer my holy grail, so sad to say. And I'm not sure what happened. I loved this more than anything, then tried a whole bunch for a while, was missing it, went back to it and now it's just... natural. Still basically clump free, very smooth, a little more on the voluminous side, but there was just no wow to it like I had before. Maybe I've matured a little into the makeup department or I'm looking for more now? PS-then I was 18, now I'm almost turning 21.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2011 5:11:00 PM More reviews by dafyophi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

No clumping, decent volume, holds some curl on my stick-straight lashes and no smudging (EVERYTHING smudges on me). I use LashBlast Volume when I want really dramatic lashes, but this looks great for more subdued makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2011 7:48:00 PM More reviews by smoothtalkin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

LOVE THIS MASCARA!

Pros:
- Doesn't clump
- One coat is sufficient
- Thickens and lengthens

Cons:
- Wand is a little short