Maybelline One by One Volum' Express [DISCONTINUED]

3.6

Aqua/Water, Paraffin, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Cera Alba/Beeswax, Cera Carnauba/Carnauba Wax/Acacia Senegal Gum, Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Phenoxyethanol, Peg/Ppg-17/18 Dimethicone, Steareth-20, Phenethyl Alcohol, Sodium Polymethacrylate, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Hydrogenated Palm Oil. Simethicone, Disodium Edta, Polyquaternium-10, Saccharum, Officinarum Extract/Sugar Cane Extract, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Panthenol, Acrylates Copolymer, Silica, Citrus Medica Limonum Peel Extract/ Lemon Peel Extract, Pyrus Malus Extract, Camellia Sinensis Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract [+/- May Contains: CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 77007/Ultramarines, CI 77891/Titanium Oxides, Mica, CI 75470/Carmine, CI 77288/Chromium Oxide Greens, CI 77289/Chromium Hydroxide Green, CI 77742/Manganese Violet, CI 77510/ Ferric Ferrocyanide] F.I.L. D43811/1

on 5/4/2011 12:13:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I am surprised by the negative reviews on here because I really love this mascara. I have really long, thick eyelashes that easily clump together so this works great for that! It makes them look super long and the seperation it gives makes my lashes look so thick and gorgeous! I love this mascara and I would recommend it to my sister or my mom. Haven't had a problem yet with flaking, and I live in Florida (hot!).

on 5/2/2011 10:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I hated this mascara at first, but continued to use it for a week or so, and now it's grown on me over the past few weeks It flakes just a little bit, which I haven't had a mascara do in a long time. Once every few days it'll clump on me, which not all mascaras do either. It does give length, but not as much volume as I would like. It's definitely an OK mascara, but not much more than just OK. I'd consider buying again, but I'm not sure I will, partially just because there are so many others to try, that I think have more potential than the One by One has. Do love the colors of the packaging though!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I bought this mascara in Blackest Black (I think that's what it's called) a few weeks ago and it definitely separates my lashes and gives them clump-free volume! My lashes are already long and thick but this makes them explode with volume! It's by far the best Maybelline mascara I've ever bought! It stays on all day and didn't even come off when I wore it to go swimming. Best mascara I've ever used, and at a low price! This mascara is everything in one!

on 5/2/2011 8:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I'm always sucked in by Maybelline's newest mascara usually due to the packaging. This was no exception very cute packaging. The brush is rubber and is pretty nice. I got more length than volume with this one with great separation. The wear of this mascara is its downfall. It is VERY flaky. I don't have sensitive eyes but this made my eyes water like crazy and irritated them to no end. By the end of the day while driving home I was rubbing my eyes like crazy and ended up with two black smudges. I think I'm going to stick to the mascaras I know for now or at least no more Maybelline.

OH and the horrid smell. It smells exactly like the colossal so probably another reason it irritated my eyes.

on 5/1/2011 12:20:00 PM

I bought this when it first came out as it was a little cheaper and I was in need of a new mascara. I quite liked it at first, the big brush coated all my lashes at ultimate speed and it gave me a nice defined look really quickly in only 1 coat. However, when this started to dry out a bit(couple of weeks) I couldn't use it anymore as it just stopped working for me. It clumped my lashes together and wouldn't hold a curl. I won't buy this again as it didn't do anything spectacular in the first place, never mind drying out and clumping within a few weeks.

on 4/30/2011 11:47:00 PM

I love Maybelline mascara and have been using it regularly for probably the past 10 years: this is the WORST one I have ever used by far. It doesn't volumize AT ALL. Seriously, I'm not kidding. I hate this mascara. It looks alright, not great or even good, for maybe 2 hours after application. Then it flakes off and gives me raccoon eyes and dark flakes down my cheeks. And I promise you I am not someone that over-applies mascara to the point where it should be flaking off all over my face. It darkens my lashes, which are naturally sort of a dark brown color. That is the only good thing I can say about it. It's terrible. Don't buy it.

on 4/29/2011 11:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I've been using this mascara for the last three months, as I wanted to give it a fair trial before handing down my review. For me, it really isn't anything special. I have naturally long lashes, so I always want a really volumizing formula. This mascara made my lashes look long, separated, and quite feathery, but it's just not the look I'm going for. It's ok, definitely not so bad I couldn't use it up, but I would not repurchase. I'm much happier with my HG CG Lash Blast.

on 4/29/2011 10:54:00 PM

This is by far the worst mascara I have ever used. I usually use cover-girl lashblast(orange tube). But I decided I should try something new.
When I first use it I notice that it barely applied any mascara on my lashes. Second coat it made my lashed clump[ together like a wet mop. And as I tried to correct it, it only got worse.

on 4/29/2011 12:52:00 AM

First off, I'd like to say that I am a huge fan of the Volum' Express line, the Colossal is my favorite and the Falsies is also wonderful for layering on volume in combination with a lengthening mascara. Unfortunately, the One by One does not meet my expectations. I thought that the separating brush would benefit my sparse lashes and magnify them, instead, it created unflattering gaps in my lashes, every lash was indeed defined, but there was absolutely NO volume. I tried to layer the One by One with the Colossal to see if it would work better, but it looked no different than when I used the Colossal alone. I will keep trying new combos to finish the tube, but so far, I'm I not impressed.

on 4/28/2011 3:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I would give this 0. Bought this with high hopes for a fuller volume look on my longish med lashes, what did I get? A bad reaction is what!!
I read the ingrediants list after washing this stuff off fast and realised it contains a whole load of fruit oils including Lemon. I took it back to where I bought it and got a full refund. Usually I'm fine with maybelline mascaras, but this was a big NO for me. Whilst on my lashes they just looked clumpy and horrible - I'll stick with Full n'soft.