August 30, 2014 | 987 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - One by One Volum' Express

rated 2 of 5 on 5/2/2011 8:15:00 PM More reviews by goopycakes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm always sucked in by Maybelline's newest mascara usually due to the packaging. This was no exception very cute packaging. The brush is rubber and is pretty nice. I got more length than volume with this one with great separation. The wear of this mascara is its downfall. It is VERY flaky. I don't have sensitive eyes but this made my eyes water like crazy and irritated them to no end. By the end of the day while driving home I was rubbing my eyes like crazy and ended up with two black smudges. I think I'm going to stick to the mascaras I know for now or at least no more Maybelline.

OH and the horrid smell. It smells exactly like the colossal so probably another reason it irritated my eyes.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/1/2011 12:20:00 PM More reviews by mo5050

I bought this when it first came out as it was a little cheaper and I was in need of a new mascara. I quite liked it at first, the big brush coated all my lashes at ultimate speed and it gave me a nice defined look really quickly in only 1 coat. However, when this started to dry out a bit(couple of weeks) I couldn't use it anymore as it just stopped working for me. It clumped my lashes together and wouldn't hold a curl. I won't buy this again as it didn't do anything spectacular in the first place, never mind drying out and clumping within a few weeks.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/30/2011 11:47:00 PM More reviews by kjs82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love Maybelline mascara and have been using it regularly for probably the past 10 years: this is the WORST one I have ever used by far. It doesn't volumize AT ALL. Seriously, I'm not kidding. I hate this mascara. It looks alright, not great or even good, for maybe 2 hours after application. Then it flakes off and gives me raccoon eyes and dark flakes down my cheeks. And I promise you I am not someone that over-applies mascara to the point where it should be flaking off all over my face. It darkens my lashes, which are naturally sort of a dark brown color. That is the only good thing I can say about it. It's terrible. Don't buy it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2011 11:25:00 PM More reviews by FiestyFemme

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this mascara for the last three months, as I wanted to give it a fair trial before handing down my review. For me, it really isn't anything special. I have naturally long lashes, so I always want a really volumizing formula. This mascara made my lashes look long, separated, and quite feathery, but it's just not the look I'm going for. It's ok, definitely not so bad I couldn't use it up, but I would not repurchase. I'm much happier with my HG CG Lash Blast.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/29/2011 10:54:00 PM More reviews by lexclaire

This is by far the worst mascara I have ever used. I usually use cover-girl lashblast(orange tube). But I decided I should try something new.
When I first use it I notice that it barely applied any mascara on my lashes. Second coat it made my lashed clump[ together like a wet mop. And as I tried to correct it, it only got worse.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2011 12:52:00 AM More reviews by muffingrl

First off, I'd like to say that I am a huge fan of the Volum' Express line, the Colossal is my favorite and the Falsies is also wonderful for layering on volume in combination with a lengthening mascara. Unfortunately, the One by One does not meet my expectations. I thought that the separating brush would benefit my sparse lashes and magnify them, instead, it created unflattering gaps in my lashes, every lash was indeed defined, but there was absolutely NO volume. I tried to layer the One by One with the Colossal to see if it would work better, but it looked no different than when I used the Colossal alone. I will keep trying new combos to finish the tube, but so far, I'm I not impressed.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2011 3:20:00 PM More reviews by Anitag

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I would give this 0. Bought this with high hopes for a fuller volume look on my longish med lashes, what did I get? A bad reaction is what!!
I read the ingrediants list after washing this stuff off fast and realised it contains a whole load of fruit oils including Lemon. I took it back to where I bought it and got a full refund. Usually I'm fine with maybelline mascaras, but this was a big NO for me. Whilst on my lashes they just looked clumpy and horrible - I'll stick with Full n'soft.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2011 11:58:00 PM More reviews by SkyAlternative

After having bad experiences with other maybelline products, I was surprised at this mascara. I love how clean it goes on and it gives volume to my lashes Only reason I can't give a 5 is because it doesn't hold the curl very well.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2011 4:54:00 PM More reviews by swthart

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I tried this after running out of Clinique's high impact mascara. I absolutely love it! It doesn't clump at all. Makes my lashes look longer and thicker. I would definitely purchase this product again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2011 8:33:00 AM More reviews by Winter_Snowfall

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm a skeptic with volumizing mascaras. I've tried a few that were quite disappointing. The first time I tried this, I didn't like it and I thought it did nothing for my lashes. But I gave it another try and now it's one of my favorites. I use the waterproof version. It doesn't smudge, holds a curl, gives some volume. lengthens and defines. I use this a lot for work and on weekends when I want some oomph but also a natural look.