October 24, 2014 | 1724 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2011 12:49:00 AM More reviews by LoveMakeUpEver2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Holy moly! totally unexpected find! I got sample package in B30 Beige Rose. It looked pink- Im yellow-toned foundation wearer, but on my skin, it doesnt look pink, but more neutral, and I was thinking since it's "aqua" foundation, it was sheer, it IS sheer, but it still managed to have medium coverage on my post-acne scar face. Also I'm extremely oily skinned, but this foundation doesn't feel "moisturizing" as I thought. I will definately purchase full size bottle of this foundation for summertime :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2011 11:15:00 PM More reviews by cia_agent86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So far I love this! I just got it, the one problem I had with it was I shook it really hard, them opened it (for the first time) and it kinda erupted... but I used all that on my face (NOT freshly washed or moisturized, but 4 hour old shiseido sunscreen on!) and it still looked beautiful! I was shocked! The texture is fabulous. I'll update after a week or so to see if I break out at all.. The coverage is good IMO

EDIT: Dang it! This made my skin so dry and I broke out in little white heads after a continued use from wearing this :( I had only one little one before (that was shrinking) I should have just stayed makeup free like I had been doing for the weeks before. So sad, I totally loved this finish of this. Why O why can I never wear Chanel foundation? O well it's going back to Nordies. :(

rated 2 of 5 on 7/30/2011 12:19:00 AM More reviews by exotikittenx

I am just really bummed out. I wanted to love this foundation and would have purchased it a thousand times over. However, alcohol is high on the ingredients list (they shouldn't even have it in there from the beginning), and it's not the moisturizing type of alcohol. Unfortunately, my skin does not do well with alcohol, and just as well, considering it is damaging to skin. I am really surprised that Chanel would include such a cheap and poor ingredient to one of its products.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2011 6:21:00 PM More reviews by rebwin1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have worn Dior foundations the last few years and have really liked them as I have fairly good skin with just a few darker spots and prefer light coverage. I received a pea sized sample of this from Nordstrom with an order and decided to bring it camping. I didn't know if it was the bathroom lighting or what, but I loved this foundation. I came home and bought it in the same color as my sample (sable-30) I am a Dior 020 if that helps and this is a better match for my skin when I wear a light self tanner (Clarins). It is light coverage, silky soft, and really smooths without looking like I have any foundation on. If you have problem spots, you might not like the light coverage as I am not sure if you can build it or not, but it is the best foundation ever. As I said before, I loved the Dior, and it was a great Glowy foundation, but did seem to look like I had a little more makeup on.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2011 9:49:00 AM More reviews by watermelonslice

I love this foundation. It is my go to foundation for everyday wear because it offers the perfect amount of coverage for me. I have pretty good skin but it's quite dry. They actually recommend this for a slightly oily skin type (which I am very far from), so it may not work that well for others with dry skin. I find the Vitalumiere Aqua does just enough to even out my skin tone without making it look like I have make up on (which is how they market it).

The finish is absolutely flawless ten minutes after application. On some days I have small dry patches on my cheeks and I find a lot of foundation emphasises them, but this foundation glides right over it and throughout the course of the day actually dissipates them for some reason. I use the Natio primer and loose translucent powder with it. Though they recommend you apply this with your fingers, I use a brush because I have very sensitive skin and I always hate applying make up with my fingers.

It has pretty good lasting power too. I do need to powder 4-6 hours after initial application just around my nose as it tends to get a bit oily. But the finish stays the same on the rest of my face for the entire day. I had no issue with oxidisation either.

The downside is that it is very expensive in Australia (AU$68) and I don't like the packaging as much as the other Chanel foundations. I prefer the glass containers, but the Vitalumiere Aqua is more portable. It's unfortunate that the packaging isn't transparent though because I can't tell how much is left. Chanel foundations also have a very limited colour range but I think the issue is less pronounced for Vitalumiere Aqua because it is a pretty sheer coverage foundation and blends very well. I have fair-ish Asian skin and I got the B20 (Beige - Tendre). I'm a NW20 in MAC for reference.

Overall, I would recommend this for those who have relatively good skin and are looking for something that just perfects their skin in an understated way. It is quite expensive for what it is though and there are probably other foundations out there that offer something similar at a cheaper price. Personally, I would purchase this again because I find it just works perfectly for me and given my sensitive dry skin, I am hesitant to try out a cheaper alternative unless I have to.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/23/2011 10:18:00 PM More reviews by MissTinkabella

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'd love to love this product, but it just doesn't do it for me. My HG foundation (teint innocence) was discontinued and I was told by the counter makeup artist that this was the closest thing. The coverage of this foundation is medium and blends very well. It did not break me out and looks amazing after application. I was told that this foundation would not have oxidation problem but I had issues with oxidation and foundation i got changed color 30 minutes into wearing (to darker shade + orange tinge) so I was very disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2011 4:43:00 PM More reviews by jacoba

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Love this foundation, the colors are true and if you are matched correctly then you will find that it blends into your skin seamlessly. Doesn't look cakey or fake, and will not make your skin oily or dry. Provides light-medium coverage, perfect for me when layered under MAC Prep and Prime Translucent Finishing Powder. My skin looks even and flawless! Definitely recommend for those who don't need a ton of coverage and just want to even out their skin tone and provide natural luminosity without oiliness.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2011 2:17:00 AM More reviews by friedawg

I am usually not a foundation wearer and often suffer from dehydrated sometimes flakey skin, so I thought that something as light as vitalumiere aqua would fit the bill. I really love the texture of this foundation as it is relatively creamy and very easy to apply with the fingers. I also don't think that I've ever had a foundation that is better matched to my skin tone - I use the shade b40 and sit somewhere between nc30 and nc35 in MAC, and this disappears into my skin (hallelujah).

Since the foundation is quite light, the coverage is relatively sheer - so if you have problem skin or significant redness I would suggest combining this with concealer.

The main drawback I have found is of course the rrp of $70-80 I think - which is ridiculously high in Australia as for all makeup, although it is not as dear as some others such as nars sheer glow, which retails for $100. However, I bought it online for about $55, so the price ended up being okay - considering revlon foundations cost around $30 here.

All in all I am in love with the texture and ease of use of this foundation. I would definitely recommend it for people who hate the caked on foundation look, but who are looking for something with more coverage than tinted moisturiser. It's also nice to have a little bit of luxury on your face everyday! I can definitely see myself repurchasing it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2011 10:42:00 PM More reviews by Lamballe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this foundation immensely. I have oily skin, and definitely sweat quite a bit in the summer. I stopped believing in miracles awhile ago, there is just nothing that can prevent my skin from getting shiny, but products that can last through being blotted 2 + times a day earn an A+ in my book. I always have trouble with foundations lifting off after I blot and leaving me splotchy looking, but this just looks as fresh as the morning I applied it. Of course I attribute some of my success with this product to my primer and powder, but even when I follow the same routine with other foundations none look as wonderful as this does at the end of the day. It is light and perfect for summer, and it just so happens the lightest pink toned shade works perfectly for me. The only negative for me is the bottle, I would love to be able to get a glimpse of how much product is left inside!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2011 9:35:00 PM More reviews by sharpintl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

After sampling about 15 foundations, I finally found THE ONE for me in Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua. I have dry skin which means the little lines forming on my 40 year old face are accentuated with the wrong foundation. This is the first foundation to blend so flawlessly, and looks so natural, I can't even tell I am wearing anything. I was afraid the coverage wouldn't be enough as I had heard it was extremely sheer, but it covers my red cheeks, old acne scars and spots of discoloration perfectly. The VA is perfect for summer as it's extremely light and long lasting (even through vacations in steamy South Florida and Vegas). I use La Roche Posay SPF 15 to moisturize and Hourglass Primer underneath and set with either MUFE HD or MAC prep & prime powder. The Chanel SA told me I didn't need to set it with powder, but I just feel it gives a little bit of an edge to it as far as lasting power. It has photographed beautifully for me and I am so relieved to have found my HG. For a while there, I didn't feel like that was ever going to happen! I will have to see how this does for me in winter when my skin is really dry, but for now all is good!