November 25, 2014 | 1750 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15

rated 2 of 5 on 8/7/2011 1:35:00 AM More reviews by Spider90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Black

Here is a completely honest review.
This is completely hyped up. Sorry to be the one who is fairly indifferent to this!
It's a wonderful product: has a satin finish that looks natural on, has a fresh scent, covers miner imperfections (slight discolouration, small acne scars etc) and stays put for the day on my normal/combination skin.
But then again its nothing that bourjois healthy mix/a light bb cream lightly set with MAC's skinfinish can't acheive. It stays a little longer, feels a little lighter but for the amount of product and the price, what's the point? If you have fairly good skin anyways you don't NEED to spend on par of $77 AUD to cover it up!
I'm really quite pale and yellow toned, most foundations are never light enough or too yellow/pink on me. I got BR10 in beige rose pastel, slightly too dark but nothing i can't get away with when I blend it out.
That said, I had the money to splurge and don't really regret buying it as it looks quite nice and natural.
If you have the money lying around, have normal-combo or slightly oily skin with not much to hide and like the semi-matter finish then go for it!
EDIT: This has alcohol, talc and parabens in it. Something from Chanel, I would have expected better ingredients. Pretty dissapointing and bad for the skin. I will be using this sparingly and won't repurchase. I'll stick with their lipsticks instead!

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2011 11:22:00 PM More reviews by CamBG

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

A light foundation, perfect to event out your skin if you don't have a lot to cover. It feels fresh on the skin and has a subtle scent. Its a nice thing that the packaging is made of plastic (and not from glass) because its easier to travel with. I was surprise by the price, tought it would be pricier coming from Chanel.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/3/2011 6:04:00 PM More reviews by seiran

I found this foundation very easy to apply with fingers and it didn't dry too quickly at all. It's a nice consistency because it's not too thick or too runny, just creamy. It spread very easily and B20 was a great match for my yellow-toned skin. As everyone have said, this gives a light to medium coverage and it feels really nice on the skin. It stays on decently well (the color doesn't change) but I feel that without a primer, the oils from my face makes it oily throughout the day and I have to use quite a few face sheets to soak it up.

One thing I've been noticing is that almost EVERY facial skin care product has caused someone acne! Now, I think that we should all do some investigating before claiming that. Anytime I read a review saying that it causes acne, I will hesitate to buy that product no matter how good the rating. People should consider other factors like time of month, stress, food, likelihood of breakouts, birth controls pill changes, exercise levels, etc.

So far this product has not caused me to break out. I have a few bumps here and there due to the fact that my period is near. Update: although it does not cause me to break out, it does not help with acne either. I find that if I wear this on an irritated pimple, it gets worse. Which is understandable but it's not like the anti-acne foundations from Neutrogena and such that actually is supposed to help heal acne faster.

To sum it up, I like the consistency, color match, blendability, and staying power. I just wish it was a little bit more matte since my T-zone gets oily fast and that it would help heal acne.

UPDATE: I don't know why I never noticed this before but this foundation turns me into a grease ball after 4 hours and it also changes color due to my face getting greasy! Switched to revlon colorstay for normal to oily skin...much better!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2011 4:54:00 PM More reviews by blog_antagonist

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

There are a lot of things I really liked about this foundation, so I'll start there.

First, it felt so incredibly light and fresh, but gave what I feel is a good amount of coverage for my needs. I don't want heavy mask like foundation that covers every single little detail. That looks unnatural even on the very young. On us maturing ladies, it looks really unfortunate. I would call this medium coverage. I loved that it evened things out nicely, camouflaged my more obvious flaws (uneven pigmentation, some redness, hyperpigmentation) but was still very natural looking. I did need concealer to cover dark circles and a few blemishes, but that's the way I prefer to wear my makeup anyway. Relying on foundation to address everything just results in a heavy unnatural look that I don't care for.

The finish is very pretty; it really does mimic the natural texture of your own skin. It's neither matte nor dewey, but rather a nice in between finish that doesn't scream FOUNDATION. Because the color of the sample I received was a bit off, it was more obvious than I like, but I think with the right color match, this would have blended beautifully into my skin and been quite undetectable. And, as I mentioned, it feels so incredibly light. That's really what I liked best about this foundation. I could scarcely feel it on my skin at all. What a nice change for me! Seems like the moment the oils in my skin combine with my makeup it becomes slimy and heavy and horrid.

Considering that I have very oily skin, it really stayed shine free longer than I expected. Sadly, not as long as I need. That's the only reason I've decided that this isn't the foundatioin for me. It really saddens me, to tell the truth, because it's such a lovely foundation in every other respect. If you are only moderately oily, I think it would work wonderfully for you. You might have to blot or powder midday, but I think that's true of any foundation. If, however, you have extremely oily skin like me, you might want to try the matte formulation, which is my next experiment.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2011 4:11:00 PM More reviews by xtinahb

Nice light to medium coverage, semi-matte finish, but too drying and not a great color match. This was my first Chanel foundation and I was disappointed. I worked with a Chanel MUA and got the B50 for my C4/NC30 Asian skin and it turned out to be just slightly too pink. Also, be aware alcohol is listed as the 3rd ingredient, not good for my combination skin (dry cheeks, oily T-zone). After 6 hours my skin looked and felt drier and fine lines were apparent. Application is fussy, because it dries VERY quickly so you gotta work fast! I use a dollop just slightly smaller than a dime for my whole face with a Mac 190 brush. Lovely coverage, but not a good fit for my skin type or color. I was starry-eyed by the Chanel name and all the raving on Pixiwoo over Chanel foundations, but will not repurchase this formula.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2011 8:57:00 AM More reviews by Emma0007

I bought this product only 5 days ago and i hav to say i am impressed! I love it!! u can barely feel the foundation on ur skin while it still gives a lovely natural matte finish :) i prefer it to vitalumiere as it doesn't make the skin look as shiny...just love it!! and like all the chanel foundations they haven't broken me out which is a bonus :))!! recommend to those who like a light foundation which is still buildable :D and love packaging because i'm not afraid of it breaking in my handbag :P like the other chanel glass bottle foundations...and it's so cute and handy size :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2011 10:05:00 PM More reviews by bellonalee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have to say, I am completely in love with this foundation. I'd read many reviews online, however I was slightly hesitant to buy it having had bad experiences with Chanel foundations in the past with breakouts and poor shade options. Thankfully, I've had no issues with this one whatsoever! The price isn't too bad for Chanel ($77AUD compared with roughly $100 for the others) and FINALLY they have more colour options in Australia for this one. I have the B10 and it blends beautifully on my pale skin. Coverage is quite sheer and it in no way covers my freckles, but I'm a fan of light coverage for day to day wear- and the SPF is an added bonus. Mostly it evens out my skin tone and makes my skin look a bit healthier. Good moisturiser before using this is a must though- it won't go on as smoothly without it and tends to accentuate any dry spots. I find that (as suggested by Chanel) it goes on best with my fingers- a foundation brush just seems to make it sit on top of my skin like a mask for some reason. The smell is quite noticeable at the start, but it fades very quickly and I was quite indifferent to the scent- neither the lovely aroma of their skincare line, nor horribly offensive. I use Clinique’s pore minimizer instant perfector on my t-zone on top of this, and a setting powder for the rest of my face. With this, Vitalumiere Aqua lasts roughly 8-9 hours for me; however like most foundations I suspect this will be shorter during our disgustingly humid summers.

For me, this is an excellent foundation for just going to uni, or casual events, perfect for making people believe you have naturally beautiful skin. I would, however, opt for something with a bit more coverage at night. All in all though, I will definitely be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2011 12:49:00 AM More reviews by LoveMakeUpEver2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Holy moly! totally unexpected find! I got sample package in B30 Beige Rose. It looked pink- Im yellow-toned foundation wearer, but on my skin, it doesnt look pink, but more neutral, and I was thinking since it's "aqua" foundation, it was sheer, it IS sheer, but it still managed to have medium coverage on my post-acne scar face. Also I'm extremely oily skinned, but this foundation doesn't feel "moisturizing" as I thought. I will definately purchase full size bottle of this foundation for summertime :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2011 11:15:00 PM More reviews by cia_agent86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So far I love this! I just got it, the one problem I had with it was I shook it really hard, them opened it (for the first time) and it kinda erupted... but I used all that on my face (NOT freshly washed or moisturized, but 4 hour old shiseido sunscreen on!) and it still looked beautiful! I was shocked! The texture is fabulous. I'll update after a week or so to see if I break out at all.. The coverage is good IMO

EDIT: Dang it! This made my skin so dry and I broke out in little white heads after a continued use from wearing this :( I had only one little one before (that was shrinking) I should have just stayed makeup free like I had been doing for the weeks before. So sad, I totally loved this finish of this. Why O why can I never wear Chanel foundation? O well it's going back to Nordies. :(

rated 2 of 5 on 7/30/2011 12:19:00 AM More reviews by exotikittenx

I am just really bummed out. I wanted to love this foundation and would have purchased it a thousand times over. However, alcohol is high on the ingredients list (they shouldn't even have it in there from the beginning), and it's not the moisturizing type of alcohol. Unfortunately, my skin does not do well with alcohol, and just as well, considering it is damaging to skin. I am really surprised that Chanel would include such a cheap and poor ingredient to one of its products.