Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation

3.8

Aqua/Water/Eau, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl PEG, PPG 10, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Talc, Silica Silylate, Sodium PCA, C12 15 Alkyl Ethylhexanoate, Magnesium Sulfate, Zinc Stearate, Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Acrylates, C12 22 Alkyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Bis PEG, PPG 14, 14 Dimethicone, Laureth 7, Lecithin, Tribehenin, Amodimethicone, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Phenoxyethanol, Trihydroxystearin, Dimethiconol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Parfum (Fragrance), Xanthan Gum, Propylene Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylene Carbonate, Hydroxyethyl Cellulose, Laureth 4, Sodium Sulfate, BHT, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Butylphenyl Methlyproprional, Benzyl Salicylate, Linalool, Geranoil, Alpha Isomethyl, Ionone, Citronellol, May Contain (+/-):, Titanium Dioxide Cl 77891, Iron Oxides ( CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499) (Feburary 2015, glass bottle with red cap ingredients) - titanium dioxide, octinoxate, water, cyclopentasiloxane, butylene glycol, cetylpeg/ppg-10/1 dimethicone, talc, trimethylsiloxysilicate, sodium pca, silica silylate, C12 15 Alkyl ethylhexanoate, magnesium sulfate, zinc stearate, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, acrylates/C12-22 Alkyl Methacrylate Copolymer, BisPEG/PPG-14/14 dimethicone, amodimethicone, laureth 7, lecithin, tribehenin, disteardimonium hectorite, phenoxyethanol, trihydroxystearin, chlorphenesin, dimethiconol, triethoxycaprylylsilane, xanthan gum, fragrance, pentylene glycol, tocopheryl acetate, propylene carbonate, hydroxyethyl cellulose, glycerin, citric acid, fructose, sodium hydroxide, urea, laureth-4, hexyl cinnamal, limonene, butylphenyl methlyproprional, allantoin, maltose, sodium chloride, sodium lactate, sodium sulfate, trehalose, benzyl salicylate, linalool, geraniol, bht, citronellol, alpha-isomethyl ionone, glucose, sodium hyaluronate, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate, iron oxides

on 5/16/2011 7:37:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I got this foundation in Natural Beige, I'm usually NC30, and this shade was unusually dark for me. Shade is not a problem to me, if the foundation is great, I can always get the shade exchange, but this foundation however was not that fantastic!
This foundation gives off an oily cast/residue on my face, and I never suffer from oil breakout, so I definitely know it's not my skin, cause when first applied it was already like that.
I try setting it with loose powder but the oil just kept soaking my powder, soo I sort of gave up afterwards. Definitely wont repurchase.

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

pros:
long wearing
natural-looking
decent coverage
dewy and fresh
easy to blend
cheap
cons:
poor shade selection
slightly tacky on the skin
packaging is messy
possibly broke me out

i bought this a little over a month ago because i had tanned and needed a new foundation to match my skintone (i got 200 soft beige). at first, i loved it. i suggest applying this by patting it on with your fingers and then pressing it to let it melt into the skin. i think this would work well for someone with dry skin, because it lasted wonderfully on my dry areas, but did not hold up so well on my T-zone. it also settled in 'fine lines' around the eyes and where laugh lines would be granted i was old enough to have them. it takes a while to set, but becomes unblendable quickly. i did enjoy the product, but the shade was too yellow and the dewiness just won't work for me. i may return to it in fall/winter though.

on 5/11/2011 6:44:00 AM

This was recommended by several YouTube gurus and so I bought this for around $18 AUD. It says that it is supposed to last 25 hours, which it does, but it starts to melt (t-zone) at the 6 to 8 hour mark (obviously an overstatement). I find that this gives a really nice dewy look on the face and looks very natural. It's the only foundation that people comment on how great my skin (and not my foundation) looks.
The shades sort of resemble MAC so if you are a NC20 get 200 etc. It looks a bit yellow/ orange in the tube but once applied it looks fine. IMO it had medium to full coverage and is buildable. It's not as thick as MAC's Studio Fix Fluid and a lot creamier. It applies best with fingers for a full coverage and a stippling brush for medium coverage. With a paddle brush, the foundation easily streaks. It covers up acne scarring, pigmentation and current acne quite well, however some concealer is need for more prominent or darker areas. One of the most moisturising foundations out there, great for dry skin and everyday wear in winter. But it's necessary to set this foundation because it doesn't really dry to a matte finish.
Smells pretty good for a foundation. Rimmel has squeeze tube packaging which is different from the screw top of normal ones. I prefer this because it's much easier to get the last remnants of product out of this than glass packaging. Just cut open the tube lol. The small hole also doesn't allow foundation to be stuck into the lid and is hygienic!!
No break outs from this foundation! WOOH

on 5/8/2011 10:48:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I bought this in true ivory the other day, after reading a review on a blog. It's been years since I have used a liquid foundation, but I am really, really impressed with the price, lasting power, and color match. All for an unbelievable price!

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

This product is pretty good, considering that it's a drugstore foundation. It has an alright smell to it and it doesn't feel really cakey and heavy on your skin. It rubs off a little bit too easily and it needs touch ups more that other foundations. But besides that, i like this foundation, it didn't make me break out. Might rebuy, not sure.

on 5/8/2011 10:55:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I tell everyone about this foundation. I think it is comparable to MAC StudioFix foundation. The coverage is amazing. It actually last all day. If I don't remember to wash my face before bed I will wake up with a full face of makeup.
It is really cheap and the packaging doesn't break like other rimmel products.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

Ew, worst foundation I've tried yet. Feels disgusting on my skin. Never has a foundation made my skin feel this gross. It feels sticky and heavy on the skin, hard to spread. I'm glad I didn't pay much for this foundation because I doubt I'll be using it again.

on 5/6/2011 12:33:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I have been using the Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 Hour Liquid foundation for about 2 months now, and I'm really happy with it. I use it with a Mac 109 brush, and that works the best for me. It blends nicely, and the coverage is excellent. I have mature skin with acne scars, so nothing will make me perfect.It is hydrating as well.
When I use a primer with it the coverage and staying power is even better. I have been using the ColorStay foundation for awhile, but I didn't want to tote a glass bottle around when traveling. The Rimmel container packs easier. I chose the 200 Soft Beige, and it matches quite well.
The only thing I don't care about is the fragrance. I don't like my face products to have a scent, but I can live with it. The price was around $10 dollars. I can't wait till I test drive it this Summer, and see if it really holds up to the heat and humidity. I will repurchase.
Update: I am still using this, and still love it. The only thing I'm doing differently is using a sponge or my Sigma flat top kabuki brush.I am also using the Laura Geller primer with it. Just amazing!

on 5/4/2011 1:55:00 PM

This foundation works so well for me! I love the finish of it, it's not matte (a plus for me personally) but it doesn't leave your face looking slick. It's very natural looking on my skin while offering the right amount of coverage. I dot it on my face and blend it with a large, damp Quo sponge. It definitely doesn't last 25 hours but it gets me through my 8 hour work day. I'll certainly be repurchasing.

on 5/3/2011 2:50:00 PM

If your looking for a good coverage foundation with an even finish,making you look picture perfect,Lasting Finish 16h/enriched with minerals is what you need. There are so many foundations out there claiming to hide imperfections and making you look flawless but this is just what this one does! It's my choice if I like my make up to be a bit heavier,its like turning ur face into the perfect canvas to apply beautiful other colours which seem to stand out so much more when wearing this. It looks amazing on photos with a semi matte sheen. The only thing I personally would not wear this foundation at day time unless applied very sparingly since I prefer to wear lighter make up daytime as well I find it doesn't last as many hours as they claim as in looking freshly applied,for nighttime however I have not found a foundation that makes you look that amazing for that price,an absolut winner!