November 26, 2014 | 1726 users online

Liquid - Rimmel - Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2010 12:51:00 PM More reviews by Kathy123

My skin is very oily and I had high hopes for this product. First and foremost, minerals do not do well with my skin. This caused huge clogging and break outs. Did it last 25 hours? No, it melted within 6 hours and it looked totally oxidized. The shades are very limited so I had to commit to Sand and it looked muddy on me within a few hours. I do not recommend this to every one. If you have dry skin, you might do well with this but for oily skin, this is a no no....

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2010 12:48:00 PM More reviews by DarkCircIes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After hearing a emilynoel83 raving about this foundation on youtube, I know I have to try it out. And the truth is, this is really great.

It is long lasting, feels like skin and natural looking. Very little product is needed for each application. Coverage is medium and very buildable. My only complaint is finding the right color. I have bought 3 tubes before finding my right color.

I apply it with my fingers and set it with Lorac Perfectly Lit Oil-Free luminizing powder in spotlight. (After 10 hours of wear on profile pictures, no touch up)

I'm NC 30 and I am using #201 and it is a good match.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2010 12:37:00 PM More reviews by hautdamn

This is great for me in the spring/fall/winter. Summer makeup for me is a nightmare, so not even this product will stay on me when it's hot. At this cool time of the year though, my skin looks great while wearing it, and it lasts all day. I use my fingers to apply it, and the warmth of my hands gives me a flawless coverage. Also, I don't feel smothered by it, which has been a problem for me in the past with foundations.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/20/2010 9:54:00 PM More reviews by serenity9278

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I replaced my loreal infalliable with this foundation.This is soo amazing.It gives great coverage and lasts really long. It also smells really good. When i apply this my face feels light, like i dont have anything on rather than the other foundations i have used that start to feel heavy after awhile. I also like the price.I kind of like the packaging. The only bad thing about this is the color options for deeper skin tones.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2010 4:31:00 PM More reviews by starrynight8

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a great product; it's affordable, easy to use, blends well, long lasting, and has good coverage. The only thing I kinda dislike about this is its packaging. I like how it's in a squeeze bottle, but I find that the product is a tad runny, so a lot of it ends up in the cap. Despite that, I would definitely buy this again. :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2010 5:03:00 PM More reviews by snow7kids

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am on my 3rd bottle of this stuff...so about 3 months of using. I love the staying power...One day I had to exercise with this on and even though I was sweating, my makeup didn't budge. I have VERY oily skin (especially t-zone). This is a little thick, but with a primer and being careful not to squeeze out too much (something that took me a LONG time to remember/learn). I am pretty impressed with this stuff. Can't beat the price either.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2010 5:28:00 PM More reviews by 1BlueEyedGirl1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Coverage: Medium-Full 5/5 (very buildable, use a thin amount for medium and a little more for full)
Finish: Natural & Dewy 5/5
Blends: Very well 5/5
Drying time: Drys fairly fast 4/5
Moisturizing/Hydrating: Yes 5/5
Lasts: through sweat- very strong lasting power 5/5
Packaging: Very Nice, Easy to Use 5/5
Transfers: Not really. Just a little bit after being worn for over 8 hours.. 5/5
I love ColorStay Foundation from Revlon and this is very comparable! It has the same lasting power and they both dry pretty fast after applied to the face. The differences are that the Rimmel is more moisturizing and leaves a dewy appearance on the skin, while Revlon (I use Normal/Dry Skin) drys to a matte finish which is fine during the day. The Rimmel is perfect for night and in photos as it has no SPF, doesn't need any touchup's to look amazing, and feels good on the skin. I purchased a color that was too dark for me but it blended very well... This also blends easier than the Revlon as it's more liquid-y while the Revlon has a thick consistency. So for day I continue to use Revlon but at night I use Rimmel.. couldn't be happier with these foundations:)

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2010 7:08:00 PM More reviews by animalover4life

well it is very affordable first of all! i've gotten a lot of compliments from it! it leaves a really nice dewey finish, and if you apply powder, it is semi matte,it's really nice! you can apply a little to get medium coverage, or a lot to get full coverage. you don't look like an orange tanned crazy girl, and it lasts me about 10 hours!!! just don't touch your face too much, and this foundation will last you well the whole school day!

i bought mine for $6.5, and got the foundation primer, which was the same price, compared to my Clinique Even better foundation which i paid $24 for... well

CONS: no SPF.. only good for indoors like school day, can show your dry spots so make sure you moisturize well!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/2/2010 10:10:00 AM More reviews by coladas

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Well second review for Rimmel and so far not so good. I bought this together with my special eyes eyeliner and well here goes my review:
This states it stays on for 25 hours, meaning all day, ok let me tell you it does not. I have major oily skin and the only thing that keeps it under control is Revlon Colorstay. Don't get me wrong , the consistancy of Rimmel 25 hour is amazing and hides imperfections and even my pores but after 9 hours it's sitting above my face. If I touch it, it will smear off, it becomes shiny and yet again I'm looking oily , the color changes too. I seems to get darker after awhile.
I use Buff in Colorstay but for Rimmel I got the True Ivory which is the second shade from the lightest being Ivory. I didn't want to look too pink so I only had this being my best bet, It was kind of off and looked fake-ish. I wont be buying this again, just not good for very oily girls.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/29/2010 2:14:00 AM More reviews by AMD18134

I like this product for its shade and its consistency, but I don't believe that this lasts "25 hours". after about 3 hours, it starts to wear away at the tip of my nose and my chin. Also, I believe this has made my skin go from already bad to even worse. Ever since I started using it, I noticed my skin started to become irritated, red, and rough. My skin was never like that before. Either I got a bad batch or I'm allergic to an ingredient in this. Will not buy again.