April 17, 2014 | 1424 users online

Liquid - Rimmel - Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2010 7:11:00 PM More reviews by ttwallace

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm a 40 year old woman has had her fair share of experience with foundations. I have had adult acne since I was 18. Over the past few months my skin has been especially difficult. For the last 5 years I have been using the 4-in-1 powder foundation by Pur Minerals. I was hooked and loyal until lately I started to not like the finish on me. I have very oily but dry skin (sensitive/dehydrated). Today is my first day with this foundation and I have to say I love it so far! I've had it on since this morning and there is only a very slight bit of oiliness on my forehead to touch (but you can't tell from looking). It has lasted me a all day and I never felt like I was wearing foundation. That is the number one reason, I have been using Pur Minerals on these years. Honestly, I like the feel of this on my skin. It went on very easily. I managed to find the right colour and it really held back my shine all day. I finished with the Stay Matte translucent powder. I will definitely keep using this unless it makes me breakout. But I can get numerous breakouts in a day from product and so far so good! I highly recommend it!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/22/2010 3:40:00 PM More reviews by missy22

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

When I first bought this foundation I absolutely loved it.......until it began to break me out (which is odd because I don't normally react badly to any products) I really wish I could still wear it because it really did last all day and looked amazing on. Too bad :(

rated 1 of 5 on 9/20/2010 4:46:00 AM More reviews by mamibg

I like using medium to full coverage and long lasting foundations. I have tried Estee lauder Double Wear, Dior Extreme Foundation, MAC SFF, Prescriptives Flawless Face Foundation, and so many more high end foundations... I have
extremely oily skin and want something that can last all day. I tried this foundation and in a few hours my makeup started to get cakey and blotchy. It looked really bad. I have combo skin so it looked pretty bad around my nose and cheeks where i have dry flakes. Im an NC30, 021 Linen in Dior, Tawny in EL... I got the 200 Soft Beige. Im back to my higher end foundations :/

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2010 11:47:00 PM More reviews by mommy03

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ok, so I decided to try this based on the reviews here. I was using bare minerals for a long time and decided to try something that claimed it had more lasting power. I can say this does last all day. I love the finish it gives my skin and it covers everything. I put it on with a foundation brush. I think there are 2 shades of this that work with my skin. Pretty much the soft beige works well, no telltale color on my neck so it works. Anyways, I have very sensitive combo skin and some acne scarring which this covers. I have checked it out in different light and it looks good. It's only been a few days, so I will edit this if it makes me break out. I have to say the cons are that for a while it has a tacky, sticky feel to it on my skin and then after that I don't feel it anymore. Also the packaging sucks. All of a sudden a huge glob of product will just fly out of the tube and it can get messy. That's gross and a waste and bugs me. It does have a weird smell at first that slowly fades. I guess I could overlook those things if this continues to make my skin look gorgeous. If all goes well I would repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2010 10:25:00 PM More reviews by Wendy1954

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This product has a bit of a tacky finish so the right moisturizer underneath is crucial. I have used three different SPF moisturizers, Burt's Bees Radiance, Aubrey Organics Blue Algae and Clean and Clear. Best with the last two. It did not last all day as I was expecting from other reviews. It looked a bit shiny. My skin is normal. What is good about this product is that the shades are natural looking and I had three shades that probably would've worked well. I chose the darker one which worked out better, since it was lighter that expected as another reviewer stated. Also I felt it was a bit heavy and I tried with a heavier coverage and lighter coverage. When I walk outside during lunch time and start to get a bit warm, I could definitely feel this on my face, so it doesn't have that breathable quality. It's OK for the money but...

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2010 9:41:00 PM More reviews by 1290145

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am NC30 in studio fix powder plus, and NC25 to NC30 in Studio Fix Fluid. I use it in 200 soft beige. It is a neutral color, so you don't look as yellow and sallow as NC25 studio fix and not as pink as an NW shade. Perfect. The coverage is so good, that sometimes I use it as a concealer. I like to use a nylon kabuki to stipple it on! Love the new version.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 9/17/2010 9:01:00 PM More reviews by Ivyan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product has been sitting on my bathroom shelf, untouched, for months. At first I was smitten with it. But that was before I wore it consistently and realized how heavy it was. The lightest shade was too dark for my skin tone. After 4 hours wear it started sliding and felt as though it was melting off my face, it appeared oily and caked on and much, much too dark.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/17/2010 3:36:00 PM More reviews by rodeoandmakeup

Ok so ive been using this product for a little over a month and i am still unsure of it... i hate the packaging because when i try to open it most of the product will leak out into the cap which is disgusting!! when i put it on it feels sooo thick...almost the consistency of vaseline...i do however like he coverage it gives and it stays incredibly well however i cant get over the packaging and feel it has...i will not repurchase this product

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2010 1:15:00 PM More reviews by DarlingDeer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the best foundation I have ever tried. Revlon Colorstay and Estee Lauder Double wear didn't even last on as long as this did. I work in a bakery and have extremely oily skin and this last all day long on my even with work around ovens all day. I'm using shade 200 and I'm usually a NC 20. I find it works best when I use my fingers to apply this, and also you only need a small amount. One time I made the mistake of using a little too much and I found after 8 hours it got all cakey.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2010 12:53:00 PM More reviews by Branny43

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I've given this a bit over a week of testing in the Louisiana heat and humidity, and this stuff wears like IRON!

Finish is beautiful, color-matching a little tricky; I found the swatched colors and appearance in the tube to be a bit lighter when actually applied.

I do wish the cap had a flip-top, but it's a small thing and not worth deducting lippies from the product's overall excellence.

I paid $6.49 for my tube, and absolutely love it. All my other foundations are currently being neglected! ;)

19 out of 20 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No