October 31, 2014 | 901 users online

Liquid - Rimmel - Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 12/20/2010 9:54:00 PM More reviews by serenity9278

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I replaced my loreal infalliable with this foundation.This is soo amazing.It gives great coverage and lasts really long. It also smells really good. When i apply this my face feels light, like i dont have anything on rather than the other foundations i have used that start to feel heavy after awhile. I also like the price.I kind of like the packaging. The only bad thing about this is the color options for deeper skin tones.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2010 4:31:00 PM More reviews by starrynight8

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a great product; it's affordable, easy to use, blends well, long lasting, and has good coverage. The only thing I kinda dislike about this is its packaging. I like how it's in a squeeze bottle, but I find that the product is a tad runny, so a lot of it ends up in the cap. Despite that, I would definitely buy this again. :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2010 5:03:00 PM More reviews by snow7kids

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am on my 3rd bottle of this stuff...so about 3 months of using. I love the staying power...One day I had to exercise with this on and even though I was sweating, my makeup didn't budge. I have VERY oily skin (especially t-zone). This is a little thick, but with a primer and being careful not to squeeze out too much (something that took me a LONG time to remember/learn). I am pretty impressed with this stuff. Can't beat the price either.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2010 5:28:00 PM More reviews by 1BlueEyedGirl1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Coverage: Medium-Full 5/5 (very buildable, use a thin amount for medium and a little more for full)
Finish: Natural & Dewy 5/5
Blends: Very well 5/5
Drying time: Drys fairly fast 4/5
Moisturizing/Hydrating: Yes 5/5
Lasts: through sweat- very strong lasting power 5/5
Packaging: Very Nice, Easy to Use 5/5
Transfers: Not really. Just a little bit after being worn for over 8 hours.. 5/5
I love ColorStay Foundation from Revlon and this is very comparable! It has the same lasting power and they both dry pretty fast after applied to the face. The differences are that the Rimmel is more moisturizing and leaves a dewy appearance on the skin, while Revlon (I use Normal/Dry Skin) drys to a matte finish which is fine during the day. The Rimmel is perfect for night and in photos as it has no SPF, doesn't need any touchup's to look amazing, and feels good on the skin. I purchased a color that was too dark for me but it blended very well... This also blends easier than the Revlon as it's more liquid-y while the Revlon has a thick consistency. So for day I continue to use Revlon but at night I use Rimmel.. couldn't be happier with these foundations:)

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2010 7:08:00 PM More reviews by animalover4life

well it is very affordable first of all! i've gotten a lot of compliments from it! it leaves a really nice dewey finish, and if you apply powder, it is semi matte,it's really nice! you can apply a little to get medium coverage, or a lot to get full coverage. you don't look like an orange tanned crazy girl, and it lasts me about 10 hours!!! just don't touch your face too much, and this foundation will last you well the whole school day!

i bought mine for $6.5, and got the foundation primer, which was the same price, compared to my Clinique Even better foundation which i paid $24 for... well

CONS: no SPF.. only good for indoors like school day, can show your dry spots so make sure you moisturize well!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/2/2010 10:10:00 AM More reviews by coladas

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Well second review for Rimmel and so far not so good. I bought this together with my special eyes eyeliner and well here goes my review:
This states it stays on for 25 hours, meaning all day, ok let me tell you it does not. I have major oily skin and the only thing that keeps it under control is Revlon Colorstay. Don't get me wrong , the consistancy of Rimmel 25 hour is amazing and hides imperfections and even my pores but after 9 hours it's sitting above my face. If I touch it, it will smear off, it becomes shiny and yet again I'm looking oily , the color changes too. I seems to get darker after awhile.
I use Buff in Colorstay but for Rimmel I got the True Ivory which is the second shade from the lightest being Ivory. I didn't want to look too pink so I only had this being my best bet, It was kind of off and looked fake-ish. I wont be buying this again, just not good for very oily girls.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/29/2010 2:14:00 AM More reviews by AMD18134

I like this product for its shade and its consistency, but I don't believe that this lasts "25 hours". after about 3 hours, it starts to wear away at the tip of my nose and my chin. Also, I believe this has made my skin go from already bad to even worse. Ever since I started using it, I noticed my skin started to become irritated, red, and rough. My skin was never like that before. Either I got a bad batch or I'm allergic to an ingredient in this. Will not buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2010 2:02:00 PM More reviews by duncan123

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I can't believe I haven't reviewed this yet....have been using it for about 2 months. I am pale, but I wear this in 201 - Classic Beige. It looks darker in the tube and on the sponge than it actually is because when I apply, it blends seamlessly into my skin. As I said, I use a sponge because I like a sheerer coverage...I just want something to even out my skin tone. It's light, doesn't feel heavy at all. Doesn't break me out whatsoever. This is what it says on the back of the tube:

"Sweat, heat and humidity proof for up to 25 hours. Transfer resistant. Enriched with revitalizing mineral complex and moisturizing aqua primer. Skin feels energized and hydrated all day."

I CAN attest to the fact that it's sweat, heat and humidity proof. I live in North Texas and we've had a very warm Indian Summer (was 80 and humid just last week...in November!!!!). My foundation looked good through all that. I cannot attest to 25 hours of wear because....who does that?, LOL. I can attest to 11 hours...lasts a full work day and beyond. Seems to be transfer resistant...don't find it on my clothes. All in all, a good foundation and probably a bit lighter feeling than Revlon ColorStay which I've also used in the past. And the price can't be beat...Rimmel is a very affordable brand. Since it's a drugstore find, most stores will allow you to return if you absolutely hate it. Walmart, Target, Walgreens and CVS will all let you return if you must. I do believe I will buy again...am probably about half way through the tube.

10 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2010 12:48:00 PM More reviews by melvans

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have tried so many different brands and types of foundation and this is by far my favourite. I have combination skin. I am really, really picky. I love how this foundation look like you not wearing makeup. gives you that natural not-dewy-but-not flat-mate finish. It last so freakin' long. I really don't know if I believe it would last 25hrs, but who needs it to? I wore it all day, around 12-13 hours and remained. I helped cater a wedding that day. I was in a hot, steamy kitchen and it lasted. I was amazed! BUT my favourite part was by far the fact it didn't feel heavy. I hate the way most foundations feel, even higher end like mac. Once oyu skin get oily the feel caked and heavy. but this didn't it feels like a moisturizer. LOVE

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2010 3:48:00 AM More reviews by FoxyConnie

So it is about time I have to write a review for this. First off let me tell you, I have very oily skin, acne, acne mark skin. I love that it comes in a tube. I use my fingers along with a sponge. Blends pretty darn good. I must say prior to this foundation I've been using laura mercier silk creme foundation, which I also love, but it was waaay to pricey. the 25 hr foundation is full coverage and last a pretty long time. I only have to touch up ONCE compare to many. It also gives you that matte finish I'm looking for, but I want something that looks natural. You can tell I have foundation on. That's why I love LM foundation. As I read other people reviews, they mention it broke them out. YES! But not a lot. it is controllable if you have a good acne cleanser. I will definitely buy again and for only 6.49. Why not? I do recommend this to who ever suffer from oily skin, redness, acne marks, etc.

Sorry I had to rewrite a comment about this.. I thought this was a best alternative to Laura Mercier foundation, but it doesn't compare. Let me tell you why. The other day as I jus put on makeup and had lunch. I notice after lunch in the mirror how my face looked sUPER cakey and how DIRTTY my face look. I will go bak to laura mercier, thank you very much.