Garnier Anti-Dark-Circle Eye Roller

on 9/11/2010 1:18:00 PM

I was expecting to love this product due to all the rave reviews, but I hated it. As soon as I rolled it only, my undereye area became dry and parched. Also, the color did not blend in with my medium toned skin at all (it said that it was for all skin tones, so I guess that my CVS has not gotten the different shades yet). Even if it were the right color, it was so drying and uncomfortable, that I could not wait to get it off. The packaging is nice, with the roller ball. Too bad the product is so awful!

on 9/8/2010 5:29:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

i really like this product ! i can through it in my purse on the run and not only can it fix ur eyes its a good lil spot treatment ! i no its not for the but i use a dab here or there and i am totaly happy with it .. i will buy again i just wish it wasnt so expensive ...

on 9/8/2010 11:20:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

LOVE this. I have horrible eyes--not even bags, but deep lines from where my nose meets my under-eyes. This stuff has SOMEthing it it to deflect those horrible ridges I have on top of my cheeks. I love this! I read the product reviews and searched for it online all over the place (Ulta has it) but I actually found ONE left at my local Wal-Mart and I grabbed it. I immediately loved the results! This is worth $11. Using this alone makes it look like I have no makeup on yet look good! Don't stop making this!

on 9/8/2010 10:55:00 AM

In Canada this is labelled Skin Renew Ant-Dark-Circle Roller. It only comes in one, light shade that would only work for fair to medium-fair types. As a fair-complexioned person, it is perfect for me but it only offers sheer coverage so it is only suitable for under the eyes as a highlighter/concealer and would need to be reapplied often. imo, it's the same as YSL's Touche Eclat and I got it on sale for $15 CDN so I'm a happy camper.

You wouldn't be able to cover pimples or really dark circles with this but for my skin colour and light circles, it works really well.

If you are looking to save some cash and wean yourself off YSL's TE buy this instead.

on 9/8/2010 4:45:00 AM

I have really bad dark circles and I am still on the hunt to find the perfect concealer. I tried this one and its horrible. I bought this after reading the reviews but was very disappointed because by the end of the day I looked really tired as my dark circles were not concealed properly. I wouldn't use this again and it was a waste of my AUD$15.

on 9/5/2010 10:05:00 PM

This is my dream concealer. Picked it up in the UK in February, and I've used it almost every day since. I use the medium, and it covers perfectly, is lightweight, doesn't settle into fine lines, and lasts all day! I was stranded at the airport without foundation today and rolled a bit into my palm mixed with some moisturizer - it saved the day. I've heard you can only get the lighter one here in the US, I hope they add the medium soon!

on 9/5/2010 6:06:00 PM

UPDATE: so this proved to be too dry for the Sahara-like skin under my eyes. I thought I'd have to get rid of it, BUT I found another use for it. It works beautifully as a primer. I love Smashbox's primer, but it's expensive. So I use this, instead. My e/s goes on beautifully and stays till I take it off. So this keeps its 5 stars.

Chalk me up among the enthusiasts of this prod. It's wonderful. The way they got the consistency just right (not too liquid, not too thick, not too creamy) is pure genius. It is NOT sheer. It does cover (and isn't it what it's supposed to do?), but does not settle into lines nor over-dry my already dry under eye area. It comes in only one shade in the USA, which is a tad too light for me. So I got my sister to send me a Medium color from Europe and it's perfect! I do recommend this.

on 9/4/2010 6:51:00 PM

This was an impulse buy but I kind of love it so far. The cooling sensation feels amazing in the morning and shockingly the "sheer tint" concealer is actually working for me! I don't usually experience puffiness but I definitely have dark circles and this covers them nicely with a thin consistency that is very natural. Very impressed!

on 9/3/2010 6:14:00 AM

I tried this in the Fair shade although I was sceptical! However it is a great concealer. You only need a small amount, it is very light and covers dark circles easily without causing any dry patches or showing up lines. I even extend it down a bit to cover minor sun damage.
Despite the thin consistency it covers well and stays put for a long time. Currently on UK shelves for 4.99 , advertised at 9.99 but not seen at over 6.99!
My dilemma is that the 3rd ingredient on the list is alcohol denat. which probably accounts for much of the 'cooling'. this worries me as it can dry skin which may cause more lines. There is also a LOT of packaging which I don't think it really needs.
I don't really suffer from bags so can't comment on its effectiveness there but I am torn between the alcohol issue and how good the concealer is. I would probably get again but make sure I moisturise under the eyes first.

on 8/28/2010 5:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Really like this stuff! i also like the maybelline instant rewind perfecter concealer (the one with the highlighter end). The Garnier one feels so good to apply and brightens my eye area. I like that it's also an eye treatment/cream. Great for travel and touch ups. I brought it to an Ultimate tournament and i could reapply without a mirror since the consistency is gel like and sheer. It covers my dark circles pretty well but i usually like to add an extra layer of the maybelline instant age rewind after i apply the Garnier. Downside is it does leak a little and the product ends up all over the cap =( i still would buy again though (on sale!)