November 28, 2014 | 1825 users online

Powder - Pur Minerals - Pressed Powder Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2003 7:54:00 PM More reviews by Sonatina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I ordered this 4-in-1 Pressed Powder in Light from the Canadian Shopping Channel. This powder has good medium coverage if you layer it. The Light shade looks fairly natural on my skin when my skin is not at its lightest. It's also nice to know that it's made from natural minerals so it's not bad for my skin. I have never broken out with this. I find the compact VERY AWKWARD to use though. The powder is on top, but the mirror is in the bottom compartment so to look at yourself in the mirror you have the turn the compact upside down with the powder facing the floor!

UPDATE: I have discovered Jane Iredale and found it to be superior to Pur Minerals. I will stick to Jane Iredale now. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2003 10:54:00 AM More reviews by buddy88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like Pur Minerals! I find it only works well if you apply it with a blush brush....At first I tried it with a sponge and it just ended up looking caky. Try the formula with a brush...you will see a difference.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2003 12:08:00 PM More reviews by 3blindmice

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really wanted to like this, but after about a half day of wearing it I developed a big red spot next to my nose. I blotted my Pur Minerals (since it did nothing to control my shine) and applied some more. By that evening I was covered in little itchy bumps. When I washed my face that evening it was like I was washing chicken skin. All in all, the coverage of the product was ok, I bought it in Light and it seemed a bit dark for me. It does not control shine in the least, I found that it actually made me shinier. Strange that I would develop a rash from it, since it's supposed to all natural and the best thing you can put on you face. Not for this girl. I'm returning it today.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2003 2:02:00 PM More reviews by Calamity

Hmm. I seem to have on and off days with this. On a good day, this stuff covers well while still looking natural, and sort of melts into my skin and leaves it slightly glowy. On bad days, it looks like I put 10 pounds of chalk on my face. Why, Pur Minerals, why?! Gah. There are more good days than bad days, but I never really know what's going to happen when I put this stuff on. 5 lipsticks for when it behaves, zero lipsticks and a curse for when it doesn't: May you forever be sold on The Shopping Channel, the Canadian teevee distributor of trash. Bwahahahaha!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2003 6:43:00 PM More reviews by DaYzIePiX

I LOVE IT!!! Just received it in the mail the other day, and am liking it. I used MAC's Studiofix for the last 9yrs, and haven't found anything like it. I don't like the feeling of liquid foundation, but want the coverage. And boy, did this product deliver. It covers like a concelar and foundation and powder all in one. The price is the downside. I got it one sale from The Shopping Channel $49.99 cdn, and got the pressed and loose powder. Regular price is $69.99!! A bit much but worth it, I think. Works well.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2002 3:11:00 PM More reviews by benno8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have this in Light and I find it comparable to La Bella Donna loose minerals "Crema", although it is considerably less expensive and more convenient because it is in a compact, as opposed to loose powder. It gives a nice matte finish, and does not get shiny or change colors like other minerals. I lightly brush it on with a kabuki brush over my Illuminaire Fantastic Finish in Portofino Porcelain, and spritz with mineral water, and my makeup lasts all day, which is a first for me. The compact opens on the top and the bottom, and the bottom half has a sponge in it. I was not too impressed with the sponge, so I cut a flocked sponge from Sallys Beauty Supply to fit in the container for touchups, although I prefer to apply it with a kabuki brush. This can be ordered from www.purminerals.com, and it costs $25.50 if ordered via the web. (Note that La Bella Donna makes a compact version for their products as well, but I found the coverage of the compact version was not as good as the coverage of their loose minerals, and I feel the coverage of the Pur Minerals compact is more comparable to the La Bella Donna loose mineral product with a much better price tag...$25.50 vs. $45.)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2002 9:45:00 PM More reviews by elaina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this after seeing it on The Shopping Channel (Canadian QVC). It's a pressed mineral foundation (they also make a loose version) that comes in a double-sided compact (mirror and flocked sponge on one side, powder on the other). It's really handy, but the packaging isn't as nice as one would hope for $33--more functional than anything else. I am a NC15/Stila A/10 Watts and Light is a good match, though it can be too dark if applied heavily with a sponge. I like to use a combination of flocked sponge and kabuki brush to achieve the most natural finish. This product lasts pretty much all day on me with minimal touchups. Doesn't do anything to make pores look smaller or control oil, but doesn't make things worse either. Coverage is excellent--my blemish scars are GONE when I wear this. It's interesting that the first ingredient in here is mica, but you really don't sparkle when you wear this--you glow! You can check out the company website at purminerals.com

EDITED 11/29/02 TO ADD: When I was about 2/3 of the way finished with my first compact of this, the product began to crumble and come away from the pan. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, though--I crushed the remaining product up and put it into a sifter jar, and it worked fine this way. Apparently this sometimes happens with pressed minerals.EDITED 12/14/03 TO ADD INGREDIENT LIST:
Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Zinc Stearate, Boron Nitride, Magnesium Silicate, Magnesium Carbonate, Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate, Shea Butter (Butyrospermum Parkii), Methylparaben, Propyl Paraben, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides. continued >>

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No