November 22, 2014 | 1991 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Mia

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2011 12:38:00 PM More reviews by skincarefanatic01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I feel compelled to write a review on this product because I am the forever skeptic and never in a million years would I have thought this product would have So, I had been debating whether or not to try the Clarisonic for at least a year. I had seen it on QVC time after time and at first just thought to myself, "Please! I have been washing my face all on my own for over 20 years. Do I really need a gadget that costs so much money to help do something that I have been quite successful at for the last 2 decades? How effective can it really be?"

Well, my curiosity finally got the best of me and I went to Sephora and purchased the Mia. I must admit, I was almost hoping for it to fail so I could prove myself right that I didn't need some expensive gadget to wash my face and all the hype is just ridiculous.

Wow, was I WRONG!! After the first couple days of use, I thought my skin felt "nice" and it did kinda feel like I just had a facial. But, I was still skeptical as to whether that was worth the price tag. Then I kept using it twice a day with my Purity cleanser and after a couple of weeks my skin has done a complete 180.

I am no longer using concealer, my stubborn clogged pores on my nose are all but GONE, and I have not had a single breakout (That is HUGE, considering I am just finishing up my "time of the month" when my skin usually breaks out in huge painful cystic acne from the hormones). I had no idea my skin even had the potential to look and feel this good. It is clear, so so so soft, brighter, more even in color & texture, and my makeup goes on smoother than ever.

Seriously, Clarisonic has COMPLETELY changed my skin! Now, I can't imagine not using my Mia every single day. I look forward to using it so much that its the first thing I think about when I wake up in the morning and when I'm driving home from work at least once I think to myself, "I can't wait to get home and wash my face". It has made me appreciate my beloved Purity cleanser and Hope In A Jar Moisturizer more as well since they seem to be working SO much better (and I didn't think that was possible either since they are my HG products). It gets my Purity down deep into my pores to work its magic. And with such a clean slate, my skin just drinks my HIAJ moisturizer right up and I have a beautiful healthy glow that I haven't had in years.

Thank you Clarisonic!!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2011 7:09:00 PM More reviews by ayabug

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this about two weeks ago and I think it's my favorite beauty purchase ever. HG.
It's fast, just a minute, and very gentle. I use it twice daily after removing my makeup. The first time I used it my face looked smoother. After the first week I got 3 tiny whiteheads, which I think was part of the "purging" that many people referred to. They have since gone away. My pores on my nose and t-zone are visibly smaller. My face is smoother and also I no longer have dry patches around my nostrils and near my eyebrows. I used to wear a tinted moisturizer and bronzer, but I am more and more relishing in having a bare face. I've never been so confident in my bare face before. My dad commented that my face "glows" and told me yesterday "You look like someone who had botox--your skin is so smooth." I don't know if it's in my head, but I had some mild pocking on my temples from teenage acne that seem smoother. I DO think my various serums work better with this product. I enjoy my evening ritual of make up removal, clarisonic, serum, moisturizer now--I feel like I'm giving myself a facial. It's also easy to travel with. I plan to buy this for my sister for Christmas.

6 months later:
I now use my mia a few times a week and still love it. I found in the winter it was a bit much to use it everyday, but expect that as the weather starts heating up I will use it more. I used it on a trip to Hawaii when I was wearing a lot of sun screen and sweating a lot and it kept my face pristine. It's especially good when I have some uneven dryness or flakiness--I use my Mia and my skin is even and smooth. I also like to use it before a facial mask because I think they work better and more evenly. I hardly wear any facial make up, which I credit to my Mia. I am very happy with my purchase, as is my sister.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2011 12:44:00 AM More reviews by graceybaby8

I just bought this product on sale from Sephora =) I think I got this for $111.
Its the best, I use it 1x to exfoliate my skin. I'm not sure if I could use this everyday, because generally I exfoliate my skin 1x/week. Anyways, I love this product & its made my skin so much more smoother. I haven't broken out at all either.
its worth it

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2011 3:51:00 PM More reviews by Sparkles67

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It was a splurge that's for sure but your face feels so nice and soft afterwards! It really made my face clean. I use it with my St.Ives gentle scrub cleaner in the mornings, this makes my sunscreen and moisturizer just sink in. You will probably find yourself using less moisturizer. I was very skeptical at first but the reviews were so positive. I am glad I bought it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2011 6:10:00 PM More reviews by RedandCurly

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Okay, so you've probably heard everyone and their mother sing praises to the MIA. Get ready for some more praise.

I have pretty good skin. However, it is certainly not perfect! My skin is dry, a bit red, and produces the occasional un-welcomed friend every once and a while. I came across the Clarisonic over a year ago, and have been in love ever since.

It exfoliates all off my skin easily, doesn't irritate whatsoever, and leaves my skin extremely soft and well... clean. I use it every night along with my Avene cleanser (Philosophy purity is another great duo). I do recommend that you remove your makeup before using the Clarisonic, and follow up with a good moisturizer.

I LOVE my Clarisonic, and I can't imagine not having it. It's made such a difference in my skin, and my skin is clear and extremely soft. I highly recommend it!

WARNING: DO NOT USE YOUR CLARISONIC WITH AN EXFOLIATOR. IT WILL TEAR UP YOUR SKIN, LEAVING IT IRRITATED AND RED!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/13/2011 4:10:00 PM More reviews by tonkatoy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I received this as part of my gratis for working at a retail store. I also received a sample of Prevage. The two working together gave me an unbelievable appearance after just THREE days! I could not get over how clear, clean, creamy and smooth I looked. After a couple of weeks, I noticed tiny flesh bumps on my forehead, so I have dialed back the amount of times I clarisonic my face a week. The bumps disappeared and I am happy again. I use it about once every three to five days and sometimes do not do my forehead at all. I know what it is, the prevage is SO powerful, I have to be careful and I do have sensitive skin. I love the two together!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2011 2:44:00 PM More reviews by Silrayan

I had the older model years ago and LOVED it, but it broke after the warranty expired and at the time I couldn't afford to buy a new one...I sort of forgot about Clarasonic until I recently and ordered the Mia. HOW did I live those years in between? I use this with baby soap to remove makeup at night and my skin looks and feels SO nice. It's the best.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2011 2:17:00 PM More reviews by starflake216

I first heard of the Mia when my sister bought one for her extensive acne. She swore by how clean her face was and how well her other products were working once she started using it. I don't have as much money as she does, so it was a bigger investment for me but I have realized it is definitly worth it.
I have always had problems with breakouts, especially at that time of the month. Nothing I've ever tried for the past 10+ years has actually helped. From the first time I used the Mia I noticed how clean my face was, but didn't notice much else besides that. I used it twice a day, morning and night, with whatever cleanser I had at the time (the Clarisonic cleansers kind of suck). Just based on the clean feeling alone I probably would have been satisfied.
However, about 2 months later my Mia stopped working. I was bummed about the money I put into it but for some reason didn't try to get a new one. About a month later, I had my monthly deep cystic acne breakout again, and I realized I hadn't had any since using the Mia! So I called Clarisonic, who sent a replacement even though I purchased it from an online drug store. I've been monthly-breakout free since! My large pores have been cleaner than ever and it really does give your expensive products a boost by letting them actually get into your skin. I still have some little pimples that come and go, but they are tiny and disappear so fast now.
This is my HG cleaner, currently with Soap & Glory's Face Soap and Clarity Daily Detox Vitamin C Facial Wash (which I love). I never want to go a day without my Mia again!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2011 11:17:00 AM More reviews by thinkpink550

Awesome! I had acne and acne "scaring", which I'm not sure if it is legit scaring or just a slow healing mark on my face from previous breakouts... But anyways, this is helping soooo much! Ah!! Love it! I had a little purging everyone keeps talking about on my forhead but this cleared it right up! :) recommend 100%!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2011 4:32:00 PM More reviews by OneImperfectAngel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

No matter what your skintype or budget this has to be a beauty staple for everyone! This face brush has dramatically improved the tone and texture of my skin. You don't have to use a harsh or expensive cleanser with this. Actually, the gentler the better because this device improves the cleansing power of your cleanser by 2x. I've been using it religiously for almost a year and I can't go a day without it. I use it once a day at night with my Purity cleanser or sometimes my Biore Pore Unclogging Scrub. LOOOOOVE!