August 20, 2014 | 1425 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Mia

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2011 2:18:00 AM More reviews by theinflightradio

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Edit: I was going through my reviews and realized that I had not given this wonderful product an update! Well, by the use of that adjective, I think you can see where this is going. I absolutely love my Mia. It was a pricey investment but so well worth it to get the piece of mind that my face is as stripped of makeup as it can be. As an acne-prone girl with uneven skin tone, I admit that I pound the makeup on every day. Because of this, the Mia is essential for me in making sure every last drop of it is scrubbed off at the end of the day.

Okay, so I'm starting a review although it's been barely a week since I started using this. For starters, I am going through a bit of a purge phase that is freaking me out. Thanks to this awesome regimen from my derm, I haven't had a pimple like the bad old days in forever. Unfortunately, the Clarisonic has cropped up a few cystic pimples that are giving me flashbacks... However, I know this is all part of the process and if I've been through it once before, I can go through it again. Besides, I've been hibernating at home so I'm not too devastated by this. I will continue to update this as I use it, but so far I've noticed that my skin has felt a lot smoother and my pores do seem to be getting a bit tinier. So far, so good!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2011 5:32:00 PM More reviews by jairae

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

After reading tons of hype on blogs and everywhere else, I bought a Mia. I got the light pink one and I use it in the morning and evening. When I first used it I felt the vibrations and thought "that's it?" But it's much more effective than you initially think. It tickled like mad when I first used it around my nose, but I've gotten used to it. I've been using it for 2 weeks now and I've noticed a drastic improvement in my skin. My skin is oily and tends to get very congested even though I exfoliate regularly and use deep cleaning masks, but this is the only thing that has cleaned my pores so deeply they appear smaller (I use the deep pore brush). I have a "glow" now, and the tiny little bumps on my forehead are nearly all gone. The light acne scars on my cheeks are fading, the congestion in my cheeks and around my nose is gone, and my skin is smooth and evenly toned.
I use PanOxyl Acne Foaming Wash 10% with the Mia and the combination is proving to be the HG for me. DEFINITELY worth the price!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2011 5:34:00 PM More reviews by ArizonaAngel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have had this for almost a year actually. I got a good deal from an online shop with 20% off so I picked it up. When I first got it I used it day and night and it dried out my skin. After that I found myself barely reaching for it, feeling to "lazy" to even pick it up once a week or so. Over the summer I decided to give it another go or give it away and started using it at night after I remove my make up. It cleanses very well and it deep cleans my pores, which I like. I don't find that it enables me to skip other things such as an exfoliator or make up remover (I use an oil to cleanse my make up off first otherwise the brush gets really glunky). It doesn't save me time either. It doesn't dry me out at all now that I only use it once per day. However I don't at all think this is a necessity for me. I like it and I would probably repurchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2011 2:58:00 AM More reviews by jabugha

I've used the Mia daily for over 6 months now and I love it. My skin is normal to oily in summer and is not sensitive. I can't say if my skin has dramatically improved because of the Mia (for me the change has to be REALLY noticeable) since I started using various new products around the same time as I got my Mia. I do think my skin is better though I still get slight bumps along the forehead. I use it only at night to take off my makeup and I can say the Mia takes off all my makeup perfectly without using a makeup remover first. In that way, it saves me so much time at night, so now even when I feel lazy, I never go to bed without removing my makeup. The Mia helped me get into a good habit of always cleansing my face. If I'm really tired, all I do is use the Mia, no moisturiser after - done in one minute! And it seems to work with just about any cleanser - gel, Cetaphil, cream, oil - I've tried them all.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2011 8:07:00 PM More reviews by uyai

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is a great tool for removing makeup, and that's pretty much all I use it for. It leaves my skin feeling so clean and allows my moisturizer to work better after using. In regards to it clearing breakouts and brightening the skin, I haven't really noticed a difference in that. However, it has changed the texture of my skin for the better as it used to feel very lumpy but now it feels a lot smoother. I use it 3 or 4 times a week - any more and my skin gets irritated and starts flaking (I use the sensitive brush head). Very expensive but a worthwhile purchase if you want to make sure your makeup is properly removed.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2011 7:51:00 PM More reviews by ari496

i love this. i use it daily. it exfoliates and deep cleans. i use it at night because it makes skin temporarily red. i have had such horrible problems with acne and enlarged pores, but this solved it! it really got deep into my pores. i also use it on my lips for 30 sec to plump them up a little ;) its just a great product that i think everyone should own. there cant possibly be any complaints. nothing compares to this. i recommend it to everyone!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2011 9:45:00 PM More reviews by randi2515

Don't even know where to start with how great this thing is! Wish I had purchased this years ago! Have been using this for several weeks now and my skin has never looked better. It absorbs moisturizers so much better I can't believe it. I feel like I have perfect skin now. Have been using this with my Purpose cleanser and Walgreen's Alpha Hydrox 8% cream. Love them all. The first few times the Clarisonic may have irritated my skin a bit but no problems since. If you are on the fence about purchasing this, just do it!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2011 1:40:00 AM More reviews by kathy427

I love my clarisonic mia so much that I wanted to write a review on it after my first use. This is definitely an investment item, but I don't regret buying it at all. I've had clogged pores for over a year (I didnt do much about the clogged pores, simply b/c I was pregnant and didn't wanna use any chemicals on my skin at that time), after using the clarisonic mia for a month, my pores are now unclogged and my skin never felt so soft. For $149 USD, it really is a very expensive item, but it saves me alot of money in the long run. I no longer need to buy an exfoliator. I no longer need to buy a cleansing product especially for makeup removal (it does a great job in removing makeup too). And I no longer need to buy a toner. I no longer need to use blotting papers and I can now use less powder for setting makeup (there's definitely less oil secretion after using the clarisonic). I no longer use liquid foundation in my makeup routine (because the clarisonic really clears my skin) One other great thing is that my skin care products absorb so much better. I have oily skin, I can now use heavy creams (even in the humid summer temperature) and my skin won't feel greasy.

A fully charged clarisonic lasted me two whole weeks. I use it every night and morning when i have extra time (saturdays and sundays only).

Ladies out there hesitating to buy the clarisonic? Give Mia a try.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2011 10:48:00 PM More reviews by slc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I've been using this daily for 2 years now, and I cannot live without it! Results have continued to get better over time. The Clarisonic really cleans deep and prevents breakouts, and it also massages the skin and seems to improve circulation.
Since my skin is dry, I found it best to use it only at night. Twice a day was too much. I've used both the delicate and sensitive brush heads, but I prefer the sensitive brush now. I think my skin is stronger and in better condition -- not sure if it's from the Clarisonic or the Sothys products I've been using, but I think it's a combination of both.
The Mia is the perfect size for me -- doesn't take up too much space like the big one, and it's easier to travel with. I left this home once while traveling and I regretted it -- my skin started breaking out and looking rough within a few days. This baby goes everywhere with me!
My skin is very different than it was two years ago -- it was dry, rough, and I had to use tons of moisturizer because nothing could penetrate the dry skin. Now it's much more smooth, has a glow, and I don't need as much moisturizer to do the job. I think the combination of the Clarisonic and the right products can make a huge difference. I highly recommend this -- it is worth every penny. I got it on sale at lovelyskin.com and I've had it for 2 years and it's still going strong.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2011 10:29:00 PM More reviews by KatieLynn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Gosh I love this thing. I bought it last November during Sephora's F&F sale, and after using it for 9 months I am still very happy with my purchase. I'm glad I went with the Mia instead of the more expensive models, I can't imagine the other models doing more/better than the Mia. I have sensitive normal-to-dry skin. I'm not terribly breakout prone, but I do get a pimple out of the blue from time to time. This isn't a miracle product, but it does make the texture of my skin so much nicer. It exfoliates in ways other products just can't. My skin is very smooth, and I truly think my treatments absorb better because of it. Had the Olay version been out when I was shopping for a Clarisonic, I may have purchased the knock-off, but as it is I am incredibly happy with my Mia.
Edit 10-26-11: I've recently switched from the sensitive head to the regular head, and the results are much better. Good enough to bump it up to 5 lipsticks for me! The sensitive head is very, very gentle and was probably a good place to start, but I like the bit of extra exfoliation the regular/normal head provides.