April 21, 2014 | 952 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Oil-Free Acne Wash

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2008 5:01:00 PM More reviews by foreverr27

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i agree that this does indeed dry your skin, so i cut it down to once a day, and it totally makes a difference!! i love it and it helps my skin from breaking out, try using it once a day people

rated 1 of 5 on 1/3/2008 6:04:00 PM More reviews by lusciouslyna89

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

When I first got this and washed my face with it, it dried my face tremendously!...which led to bad irritation..so my face was red for about a week..which made my face breakout!!!....I stopped using it then decided to give it another try..and it did the same thing all over again..SO no way am I ever going to wash my face with this AGAIN! I haven't even finished the first Bottle I got its just sitting in my bathroom shelve unused!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2007 2:52:00 PM More reviews by faye2005

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

so far so good only been using it for about a week i have oily skin so it doesn't dry me out so much i use it am and pm!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/17/2007 8:22:00 PM More reviews by chameil

The product sucks . It dried out my face totally.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2007 11:44:00 PM More reviews by soniawonia

I love this stuff its classic. The concistency is great. I also love how it smells, very refreshing. Good for skin that just needs to prevent.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/25/2007 5:26:00 AM More reviews by kaisolin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My friends suggested this product to me a very long time ago; it was my first face wash product. It didn't do much to help my acne problem, but it did leave my face feeling clean, albeit a little dry. It also didn't smell very good. I currently use a similar-looking product that smells and feels better: Origins Never a Dull Moment.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2007 1:01:00 PM More reviews by whoaitskristenn

I don't know why so many people don't like this product!
I have somewhat oily skin and I use this face wash every morning and it controls my oily t-zone very well! I still have to touch up, but my makeup doesn't control oil very well either.

If you have acne-prone or oily skin, this and St. Ives are the best face washes you can get! If you have sensitive or dry skin, don't even think about purchasing this product!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/20/2007 8:32:00 PM More reviews by xoxgoodbye

This product got rid of my zits, but it can be really really drying. Also, never bring this product with you if you are travelling, it leaks! It'll even leak if you put it on it's side, not right side up, at home. Bad packaging, can be drying but it gets rid of the zits.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2007 10:44:00 AM More reviews by LilJello

I used this product before I started attending Aestheics classes. Works very well. Only reason not using it is learning about the class products and found some that also work well.

Does not leave a film over your skin like some do. Leaves skin feeling slightly taut (not overly) and clean feeling. I used the product every other to every third shower.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2007 1:45:00 AM More reviews by Sweet_Capri

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I deleted my original review because I felt the need to rewrite it and bump it up.
I have been using this cleanser for over 5 years now and it's pretty much my HG. My husband has been hooked on this also, and when my son gets what appear to be "heat rashes" this clears him right up.
I have experimented with so many other cleansers in hopes to finding one that rightfully balances my skin by completely cleaning off makeup, oil and residue from my skin, reducing inflamation, exfoliating dead skin, and keeping my pores tight (a lot to ask, I know) and this does all of the above. The most noticeable thing this does is calm my skin down from terrible reactions to other cleansers and products. It's probably the salycilic acid in it, which has antiflammatory properties.
I no longer feel the need to shell out high amounts of money on cleansers that contain the same active ingredient, some even at a less percentage or hidden behind a list of other crap.
This has been a life saver for my skin and a staple in my household. Will continue to purchase. And by the way, my original review also gave this cleanser a 5.