Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

3.9

cyclopentasiloxane, propylsilsesquioxane, ceresin, isodecane, cyclohexasiloxane, caprylyl methicone, synthetic fluorphlogopite, silica silyate, disteardimonium hectorite, disodium stearoyl glutamate, propylene carbonate, candelilla wax, caprylyl glycol, aluminum hydroxide, calcium sodium borosilicate, calcium aluminum borosilicate, silica, tin oxide. [ ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499/iron oxides, mica, ci 77491/titanium dioxide, ci 77007/ultramarines, ci 77510/ferric ferrocyanide, ci 77288/chromium oxide greens, ci 77289/chromium hydroxide green, ci 77742/manganese violet, ci 42090/blue 1 lake, ci 19140/yellow 5 lake, ci 77510/ferric ammonium ferrocyanide]

This is the best liner I've purchased thus far. Many people have compared this to MAC's gel liner, I cant say the same since I've never had MAC's liner because I refuse to pay MAC's expnsive price. But this product is very versatile, it can be used on your upper lid, bottom lid & waterline with serious staying power.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

though the product is really good...very black and creamy, with nice brush and easy to apply but it causes my eyes to irritate and water badly. i have used it only twice......and i am afraid to even touch it again. i carefully apply it over my eyelid, making sure, that not even a bit of it would get into my eyes..... but still it horribly irritate my eyes that i cant even think about touching it again. kindly help me if anyone could tell me what to do when it irritates my eyes.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

My staple. I love this liner, it goes on smoothly, the brush is good, though I would say you keep having to clean it, but it's very good for the job, smudges nicely and is easy to control. Stays on really well. I use the black because it looks good with green eyes, but I bet the other colours look great too. Best value gel liner I've used.

I heard so much about this and wanted to love this so much but didn't. This just slips and slides all over my face. It only works for me if I layer my liquid eyeliner over it but that is just pointless. Or If I pack it on. It looks too dark and I'm wearing too much of it. The brush that comes with it isn't too good either. I like the color of the charcoal and brown though. The black doesn't come out too vibrant on me. I'm better off using a black eyeshadow applied with a wet brush. It lasts long though but I think it's over rated and a little over priced for this quality. I wish I could be like the youtubers or the people who love this but I'm not. I was very disappointed in this gel liner. It can create a bold dramatic look but it won't stay on for long. Sometimes it works for me but most of the time it doesn't so I have a love hate relationship with this. We'll have to break up after i'm finished it but I will keep the jars since I really do like the packaging

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Wanted to like this, as I'm on a quest for a gel eyeliner that STAYS and doesn't look like I'm wearing grey eyeshadow at the end of the day. Alas, it isn't for me. I usually use Maybelline's Line Stilletto Waterproof, but opted for this one as my local drug store was out of it. Tried using a primer and a powder, but nope, this stuff doesn't stay on me. I don't normally have oily lids, so I guess me and the formula just don't mix. It's cheap enough to give it a go if you're curious...but I won't buy it again.

Best eyeliner I've ever used. I bought this about 4 months ago and I love it. I got the black, it's really dark, which I like. It glides on really smoothly. The brush that comes with it is also great. Lasts pretty long, too.

The only complaints I have about this product is that it's kinda expensive, and it smudges and smears on my eyelid. The way fixed the smearing is I put black eyeshadow on top of it with an angled eyeliner brush and it proved to last longer and not smear/crease. Will repurchase (going to the drugstore right now because I ran out), highly recommend for people who use a lot of eyeliner.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

pretty good the only problem i had is that it gives me raccoon eyes if i dont watch my makeup

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

This is a great gel liner. It goes on like a dream, its soft and easy to control. I dont use the brush that it comes with as I dont feel I can get the shape that I want with it. I normally use my own pencil liner brush and it work really well.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Having tried different gel liners as well as pencil liners, I was really happy that this product stayed on without smudging and being waterproof. Really easy to put on, its so smooth and glides on. Also, its easy to use a q-tip to remove your mistakes.

Its my first time being this satisfied with an eyeliner product. I've only used it once for a little more then 8 hours, cried a bit with it on and was amazed to see that the liner still stayed untouched. I have a tendency to yawn a lot which causes my eyes to tear up quite a bit as well as rubbing the edges of my eyes, but it still stayed on! I haven't tried the brush that goes with it yet, since I prefer to use use my E.L.F angled brush. Also used E.L.F's primer with this product as well.

My eyelids are pretty oily, so finding a gel liner that does its magic made me really happy ! I have definitely found my go to gel liner for an affordable $7!

**Edit, tried it again. I noticed that after 8 hours, the color does fade in intensity, but the product does stay on! Just a bit smudgy on the bottom corners by the end of the day though.

I have this in brown. I am an eyeliner noob you could say; I'm 25 and just now figuring out how to wear eyeliner on my lids (rather than waterline) because I could never get it to look right before. Now I've discovered it just takes lining my upper waterline with a pencil then using the right gel liner & brush combo - and this is it! This formula is excellent. When it comes to gel liners I've tried MAC Fluidline gel (dryer formula, irritates my eyes a little, and wrong tone of brown for me), Revlon Colorstay gel, Wet n Wild gel.. and others I'm forgetting just now. None of them worked for me, but this does. The formula is the creamiest I've used so far, and I think that helps me to apply it much easier and get a more fluid looking line that doesn't look like a 5 year old drew it. It doesn't irritate my eyes. Typical of drugstore products, it is not initially super pigmented - but that's okay, because it's very layerable. If you want it to look pigmented, dark & intense you can easily just apply a second layer (unlike some liners I've used where a second layer just wipes the first layer off).

What's even crazier is I actually like the brush it came with. It allows me to draw both thinner and thicker lines depending on how I hold it and the pressure applied. I'm sure it's not of lasting quality but it doesn't need to be, because you get a new one with each purchase. I'm glad I was too lazy to go grab my MAC brush when I first tried it, or else I'd have thrown the brush away without ever trying it.

Specific to the brown color: It looks much lighter and warmer in the pot than it does on your eyes. I was pleasantly surprised when I put it on and it was a darker, cooler looking brown.

Video Reviews & Tutorials