Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

3.9

cyclopentasiloxane, propylsilsesquioxane, ceresin, isodecane, cyclohexasiloxane, caprylyl methicone, synthetic fluorphlogopite, silica silyate, disteardimonium hectorite, disodium stearoyl glutamate, propylene carbonate, candelilla wax, caprylyl glycol, aluminum hydroxide, calcium sodium borosilicate, calcium aluminum borosilicate, silica, tin oxide. [ ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499/iron oxides, mica, ci 77491/titanium dioxide, ci 77007/ultramarines, ci 77510/ferric ferrocyanide, ci 77288/chromium oxide greens, ci 77289/chromium hydroxide green, ci 77742/manganese violet, ci 42090/blue 1 lake, ci 19140/yellow 5 lake, ci 77510/ferric ammonium ferrocyanide]

on 4/8/2012 3:20:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I love this gel eyeliner. It's super affordable. But I find that it's not pigmented enough because I have to swipe my brush in the pot several times. Also I recommend using a primer because after 4-5 hours it will smudge terribly.. well especially on oily lids like mine.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Good liner. Good on the water line, which is definitely a plus for a gel liner! Pretty pigmented and super creamy.

on 4/5/2012 9:55:00 PM

Hallelujah! FINALLY an eyeliner I don't have to touch up every two hours. While it doesn't last 24one hours, it doesn't matter because it lasts from the time I put it on to the time I take it off. I only do a touch up i if I going out. This has been become my HG in eyeliner and for only $7, it's a miracle.

on 4/4/2012 1:46:00 PM

Great packaging (the brush it comes with is very good quality too), easy to apply, versatile (waterline and upper lash line), lasts all day. I really have nothing bad to say about this. I've had mine for a year and it was starting to dry out but I took an antibacterial wipe and kind of wiped away the dry top layer and it's fine now. Love this!

on 4/4/2012 11:41:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

I am a new convert to gel liners all because of this product. I have it in brown, eggplant and sapphire. My fave has to be the brown and I am lemming for the charcoal color. I was looking for a replacement for the shadow liners and liner pencils I have used all my life. I was tired of crumbly, skipping products that after all my effort to apply still wore off at the end of the day. These are so easy to apply! Nice brush for application, I smudge a small amount of the product on the back of my hand and swirl the brush around in it to get it to a point and distribute the product evenly, this method makes for perfect application every time. Then of course I have to tissue off the smudge on the back of my hand and if I leave it on there too long, I have to scrub with soap because this stuff sticks! LOL

on 4/4/2012 9:55:00 AM

Stays all day, does not flake. I use this on my clients and I get awesome feedback, it does not budge even with wedding tears or hot temperatures. Love the little brush it comes with :)
Best eyeliner ever. Period.

on 4/3/2012 9:01:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Lasts better than any other eyeliner I've ever used before, but still transfers to my bottom lid after around 5 hours.
I have extremely oily lids, though.
Edited to add:
A few months later and I've stopped using this. This summer I used it every day with primer potion underneath and it actually lasted beautifully. However, with the arrival of fall, not even UDPP can keep this stuff on. I don't know if my lids have gotten oilier or what, or if the product has gotten old (I still have a ton left..), but I decided to stop using it and moved on to another.
I give this like a 3.7 but rounded up, a 4.

on 4/3/2012 7:47:00 PM

I bought this liner to replace an old Bobbi Brown gel liner I had. The price was right & the brush looked amazing to do a cat's eye look.

While the gel is the same quality as Bobbi Brown & the brush is a very nice size, it is not as easy to control as other styles of liquid or gel liner I have used.

While I think the brush is great, it's just too hard to get a thin line with it & sometimes you can, sometimes not so much. Maybe with a different brush I would have liked it more but I like ease of use and this one, not so much.

If you like to spend the time & you like a somewhat thicker line then I'm sure this is great b/c it is longwearing & just like most other higher end gel liners but I find my cheapo Wet & Wild thin brush liquid liner is the best I have ever used, lasts the longest and is only $3.

on 4/2/2012 11:45:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This doesn't smudge, smear nor flake. It lasts the whole day. I just wish the brown were a bit darker, but it's perfect for a barely there makeup look. A permanent on my list.

on 4/2/2012 10:20:00 AM

After using MAC's Fluidline in Blacktrack for about a year and after hearing such good reviews about this eyeliner I thought I would give it ago. This eyeliner is exceptional, especially for the price. And since it's Maybelline, pretty easy for everyone to get their hands on.

A tiny bit of product goes a long way, glides on easily, is easy to manipulate and the longevity of it's wear is exceptional, once again, considering the price.

I dislike the brush that comes with it, as I've always used a small angled liner/brow brush to apply gel eyeliner. But that's not a problem, that's just down to personal preference.

All in all, a fabulous eyeliner to create those sexy winged looks.

Video Reviews & Tutorials