December 22, 2014 | 1859 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

rated 2 of 5 on 3/9/2012 11:33:00 AM More reviews by hensonma7

The first problem that I had with this was my inability to find the blackest color, and i eventually ended up purchasing the charcoal version, which is almost, but not quite a true black. The initial application is great, but throughout the day problems arise. The color transfers into a duplicate line on my eyelid, and I do not have oily or deep set eyes. It also flakes onto my cheeks, making tiny dots that turn into larger smudges when you try to remove them. If its durability was a little better, It would be a good product.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2012 8:14:00 PM More reviews by kbrand

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is great! I've been using pencil since The Dawn Of Time but decided to give this a try for my daily eyeliner. I got brown since I'm fair skinned and like a more natural look. I was amazed at how easy it was to apply, especially when you're trying to get it into your lash line. Doing this with pencil is a pain. This is my first experience with a gel liner so I have nothing to compare it to, however it lasts all day, plus two hours of ballet class worth of sweat and what not. So I'd say that's pretty good! It's fairly blendable but I don't think something can be long-wearing and super-blendable at the same time: it's either one or the other.

The only downside was the brush. The way the protective sheath was positioned it caused some of the bristles to crease permanently. The brush is still usable but for $10.99 I kind of want some basic quality control on the product.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2012 8:13:00 PM More reviews by aznlau22

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

i love this liner! i have it in black and it's very black. it's creamy and smooth. i haven't experienced any drying out since this purchase was quite recent so i can't tell you how fast it dries out. this liner hasn't smudged or faded or flaked on me whatsoever; it's really perfect! i also like the brush too! i thought it would just be a crappy brush but it works very well on me and i can easily obtain a thin, medium, or thick line. i love the control i have with gel and it's so easy to use which says a lot because i never used gel liner before. for me, gel and brush is much easier to use than a liner and it looks so much better than pencil.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2012 11:43:00 AM More reviews by ktkemp33

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Lasts FOREVER. I used Loreal Infallible for years, but it started smudging badly, maybe from my eye cream?

This stuff last forever - it was still on at the end of the night!
Nice brush - buildable - going back to get the other colors!!!

$7.50 at Target

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2012 12:33:00 PM More reviews by rain12blue

I have this both in Black and Brown.

Pros:
- Colors are vibrant. Black is truly black and the Brown is a deep brown with gold specks.
- It lasts a fair amount of time, although if you smudge it or if you're eyelids are oily then by the end of the day this liner will fade. A good primer is a must for oily lids/hooded eyes.
- the brush that comes with it is amazing! I use it all the time, and it creates the perfect line you want. Just remember to clean it every now and then as product will clump/cling on it if not regularly washed.
- price is not that bad compared to other gel liners

Cons:
- As I've said, does not last long. Just enough for a full day at the office

Overall I like this gel liner, it is easy to apply and the color is great. I just wished it would last a little bit longer but would definitely recommend to friends and will purchase again!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2012 5:09:00 PM More reviews by MrsTefee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Well... all I have to say is this isnt that great. It doesnt do anything more than what my eyeliner pencils ever did. It doesnt smudge on my upper lids at all but I dont wear that much eyeliner in the first place so I never had much of a problem with that. I wanted something to put on my waterline that would actually stay but alas these smudge off the waterline pretty fast (whithin an hour) just like anything else! I dont think ill ever find anything that will stay put on the waterline......

I do like the brush it comes with though. I bought this in brown and black but I have only tried the brown one so far. I think I will keep them and use them up but I wont rebuy because I find using eyeliner pencils to be a lot easier and faster.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/1/2012 4:31:00 PM More reviews by charlottewebster

Nice consistency and great pignentation. I find this is creamier than Mac blacktrack fluidline and therefore easier to apply a well pigmented wing eye in less time than MAC which I find needs to be layered up to appear solid black.

I have oily lids and my fluidline transfers to my crease after about 5 hours wear. This transfers more than the fluidline so it's a fail for me unfortunately... For those without oily lids, I'd suggest this over the Mac fluidline!! I get the most longlasting results with liquid eyeliners.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/29/2012 6:23:00 AM More reviews by Memoriesin

very very nice product, you can smudge it for a smokey eye look. You can give it a clean stroke for a nice cat eye. It is very awesome!
But the only downside is the saying ability. It is not very durable especially on oily skin :(
Smudges by the end of the day and gave me panda eyes lol. Probably because the weather here is hot and humid.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2012 10:35:00 PM More reviews by Shanplum

By far the best gel/cream liner on the market smooth and easy to apply and when it sets its budge proof. Also doesn't make my eyes burn and itch like MAC fluidline and doesnt flake like Smashbox or Benefit liners. Brilliant product for the price. I mix black and the brown to make the perfect blackest brown shade. Also the brown makes a fantastic brow filler for those with dark brunette hair. Brush is good quality also.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2012 12:38:00 AM More reviews by ladyyluck18

this is probably the best eyeliner i have ever used, it doesn't smudge and it doesn't come off with water, if you don't reapply after so many hours, it fades though but that's normal! i'm very pleased with this product and i found my new go-to eyeliner for my cat eye look! the brush is just an added bonus too.