September 17, 2014 | 1269 users online

Hair - Moroccanoil - Moroccan Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2010 9:58:00 PM More reviews by Centro

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product is a HG for me. The owner of my hair salon recommended to me. He used it once and I was hooked. It smells amazing; citrusy and fresh, but really natural. I have been using for at least a year now and it helps my hair survive the harsh winters of Canada with shine, tame frizz/fly aways. After shower, I usually rub a tiny amount of oil between my palms to warm it up. Then I would apply it on my damp hair focussing on the ends. I got what I paid for so I was extremely satisfied. I recommended it to my friends and they all loved it. I'm already on my second bottle and there is no reason not to repurchase Moroccan Oil.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2010 12:10:00 PM More reviews by Pookie_Star

I didn't like this product when I first purchased it. After reading all the reviews, I first tried it by applying to damp hair before blow drying and ironing. Did absolutely nothing for me. It took me the same amount of time to dry my hair as if I didn't use the oil and I wasn't wowed after ironing my hair. I did like using it after my hair was dry and straight as it tamed the frizzies but I thought that this product was a little too expensive to be using it for that purpose.

So then I tried applying it to damp hair, scrunching and letting air dry. Holy cow, I was blown away! I had awesome waves. It literally looked like I just came from the beach. So now that I know how to use this product on my hair, I definitely have to give it a good rating.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2010 8:43:00 AM More reviews by Dina819

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am new to MakeupAlley and have to say I am so excited to find so many of the posts useful! Regarding MoroccanOil... I use this product occassioanly. My hair stylist used it on me once and I was hooked. She sold me on it because it helped speed up the drying time of my hair. I have very porous hair so it can take forever to dry. I use a little of this product and for whatever reason it cuts the drying time almost in half. The silkly feel that I'm left with is a bonus. The only problem I have is that I don't wash my hair very frequently... maybe 2 - 3 times a week, normally I don't have any problems with a greasy feel. After using this product I can't go too long between washes as it does start to feel a little greasy on me. But overall, I do like this product. My first product choice with similar benefet is by Redken (smoothdown)... I think it is great for protecting hair and adding shine. I switch to MoroccanOil when I want to dry quick...hmmm, what else... MoroccanOil is a little expensive but I do use it sparingly and not all the time so it lasts a long time.... hope some of this input helps a little... sorry for the ramble.. like I said, first timer here.. :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2010 8:18:00 AM More reviews by Brunettegirl

I SO wanted to love this product but for me I would say it's average and I have since returned back to Aveda...I received the whole kit for Christmas from my dh....It contained the shampoo/conditioner/leave in treatment and the famous oil.....My hair is long, thick, coarse, and naturally wavy (not curly). I straighten it about 1-2 times per week and wash about 2 times per week based on my needs.....It certainly did help with my straightening process by weighing it down (it's not greasy though) like any straightner does, but not really any better than my beloved Aveda gloss drops and style prep..I actaully was expecting SOFT, silky hair and never really got that from it...I actually had to stop using it because the last time I went to visit my family they said my hair felt/looked way dryer than usual (I was using only Moroccan oil products at the time)...I am normally a fanatic about my hair and do all I can to keep it looking healthy and shiny...Out of the entire kit I'd say the oil was my favorite product, but for the price and overall average outcome I wont be buying it again...Didn't care for the screw top either...For me, there is better out there...Aveda, TIGI, Redken, Etc

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2010 6:39:00 PM More reviews by KK18

Love this product! I've been using Moroccan Oil for about 9 months now and it has made such a difference in my hair. After my hair stylist used it on me I went out and bought a small bottle. I only use about a teaspoon to a tablespoon for my thick, curly hair that goes to my mid back and it's lasted me that long. I use this with Kerastase Ciment Thermique on towel dried hair before I straighten and my hair is smoother, healthier and shinier than it has been in a long time. Plus the scent is fantastic.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2010 3:01:00 PM More reviews by ylrebmik7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I wanted to like this more, but I just didn't. I was looking for something to soften my color damaged, frizzy, long hair. I had a color correction done for some bad brown/red I had added that took me back to blonde and I need something to add condition, softness and bounce back. Although this helped me comb through it, it did not eliminate the frizz, which is what I wanted most of all. I didn't hate the Moroccan Oil, I was just hoping for that clean, soft, bounciness that I didn't get. I would not recommend this as a defrizzer.
BTW a big thumbs down on the bottle - the smaller size I got came in a glass bottle with a screw top - just an accident waiting to happen. For the product price, they should have a pump dispenser or some better way to use it more readily.
Redken Smooth Down and/or Outshine seem to do the best at this so far. My stylist said Bed Head's "Spoil Me" is great for frizz, so that's on my list to try. I'm going to try Joico K-pak liquid reconstructor spray to add some protein and keratin to my hair. I'm using Joico K-Pak Intense Hydrator conditioner now and I really, really like it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2010 10:49:00 PM More reviews by rexgiorn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Great product. I have very curly dry coarse thick hair. I straighten 1-2 times a week and wear it straight for about 4 days in a row before having to wash again. I used some Moroccan oil and mixed it with my Kerastase oleo-relax intense masque when deep conditioning. The Moroccan oil absorbs very easily into hair and I think it helps my deep conditioner absorb as well. After I rinsed the masque/oil combo out I used another dab of moroccan oil into my hair before flat ironing. With the moroccan oil my hair was shinier, softer, and I only had to go over each section once with the flatiron. The ends of my hair, after just one use, are SO much more moisturized. Definitely going to buy this product again and plan to try their intense hydrating mask.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2010 2:40:00 PM More reviews by andreseeta

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

THE BEST PRODUCT I HAVE EVER USED ON MY HAIR. PERIOD.

and they don't test on animals! a definite plus!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2010 10:25:00 PM More reviews by angiej1985

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my fav hair product of all time!!! I use the oil,conditioner, mask and shine spray. All great products. I didnt mark it very expensive bc I am fortunate enough to shop Industry Source (wholesale price) which is 10$ a bottle. But this product has completely transformed my hair. It makes my hair beautiful shiny and soft and I love the smell. All my friends use it and they all love it with all diff. hair types. This should just be in every girls bathroom no question.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2010 10:16:00 PM More reviews by morning_star

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm really impressed by this product. I have fine, curly, colour-treated hair which has always been dry and got even drier abd frizzier when i started colouring it regularly (alas,grey is slowly taking over the brown these days).I've tried lots of anti-frizz& dryness products both cheap and expensive ones and by far, only this one is doing what it's supposed to do-moisturize and de-frizz without leaving any greasy residude.
As everyone else mentioned,the packaging could be better and the price is quite high, but Moroccanoil works and i think is worth trying.
Update: I've noticed that it though my hair looks nice when i use it, this oil has dried it out and my scalp became itchy,i will probably stop using it.....