Moroccanoil Moroccan Oil

4.1

Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil (Argan Oil), Parfum (Fragrance), Linseed (Linum Usitatissimum) Extract, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Benzyl Benzoate, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, CI 26100 (Red 17), CI 47000 (Yellow 11).

on 4/12/2010 7:10:00 PM

I am on my third bottle of this and loving it! I have very fine hair and this prevents my hair from getting tangled and allows me to comb it WET. It does not weigh down my hair and my hands are so soft after using it in the morning. I use approximately a quarter size amount which is perfect for my fine but long hair.

on 4/12/2010 6:24:00 PM

My hair: Curly, lots and lots of it, medium length in a slanted bob, dark brown, normally very healthy but recently badly tortured with straightener and colour.

I really ordered this just out of curiosity - so much hype, very expensive, rave MUA reviews. Well, 3 weeks in and I am hooked. This product helps my hair so much that it immediately became one of the 'desert island' things.

√ I use Phytorhum shampoo and Kiehl's Olive Oil conditioner to wash.

√ I apply a good dollop of Kerastase Ciment Thermique on towel-dried hair. Then I apply a generous amount of Moroccan Oil all over my hair. My hair just laps it up and it never feels greasy.

I first air-dry completely, then blowdry and straighten my hair and I see that it protects my hair from the heat and keeps the style perfectly frizz-free and shiny until the next wash. I use my ghd every day to keep the shape and apply a very small amount of MO after that.

Alternatively, I only put Ciment and Nectar Thermique on damp hair, blow dry and then apply Moroccan Oil before straightening. Either way works perfectly.

Moroccan Oil is more silicones than actual Argan Oil, which is only a teeny weeny amount in the product. However the quality of the formulation makes it hands down the best silicone-based haircare I've ever used.

About the packaging though, I think they could consider a precision nozzle or pump applicator rather than the ugly and unstable black screw-top. I really think it's over-priced and poorly packaged but what's inside is great.

UPDATE 01/10/2010: I really went off using it on a regular basis. I realized it dries the hair and causes build-up. However, it is a great protective before colouring, both applied directly to the hair and added to the colour mix. I avoid using it otherwise, though.

on 4/12/2010 11:47:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I had been hearing so many raves for this I bought a small bottle at my salon to test it out, and it didn't disappoint. I have very long fine hair (lots of it so it looks thick, but it's still fine-textured) and I use a tiny bit of this oil on the ends after washing, then blow-dry. My hair turns out so smooth and shiny and isn't weighed down at all. Plus it smells great!

on 4/3/2010 6:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

About my hair: Naturally curly, medium length, gray with brown highlights. It is very dry, as is the case with most curly hair.

I have bought into a lot of hype from a lot of different products. I have wasted money on products that came with big promises and wound up throwing out the product. Every now and then I found something that helped make my hair look good, but not all that often. I have a very sensitive scalp and many of the products I tried broke out my scalp and had to be tossed.

In this huge pile of products I've tried, nothing begins to compare to the fantastic results I'm experiencing with MoroccanOil. I've been using it daily for about 10 days now and my hair is unbelievable. It is soft, shiny, curling nicely, but not frizzy. I can feel the difference even when I'm washing it. My hair feels great - like hair is supposed to feel. It's not dry or too oily. My scalp would have broken out by now if it was going to have a reaction.

I apply MoroccanOil to my hair when damp. I often apply it again later in the day, just to give it a boost. On top of everything else, MoroccanOil smells great.

UPDATE: I recently went back to a no-poo routine, so I had to give up everything with cones, including my beloved MoroccanOil. It got me through the summer without ever having brillo pad hair and I miss the wonderful smell. It is a great product, but not if you want to go the Curly Girl route.

on 4/2/2010 3:57:00 AM

I think its too expensive for the amount, they are making such a profit from this product,

However it does smooth the hair and the scent is nice. A good basic product

on 3/29/2010 7:52:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

This is a very nice product. Not life changing but it is good. I like to make my own combination though because I hate to smear my hands with this oil and then put my greasy hands on my acne prone face when I do my makeup. I pour equal parts water/morrocan oil in a mini sprayer (probably a 3 ounce bottle)- I shake it up and spray about 5 sprays all over my head (mixing it with water also helps my hair not look too greasy)This gives me nice smooth hair results! The three ounces of water/argon lasts over a month so I'm not even half way through the bottle. Worth a try.

I love moroccanoil! I use it on wet hair, usually followed by Sebastian Potion 9, and then I either air dry or blow dry straight. After blowdrying I follow up with another dab of moroccanoil as a finisher/defrizzer. The smell is eh. Not exactly my favorite but it doesn't linger, and it actually compliments my Bond No. 9 West Side pretty well.

I transfer an ounce at a time into a small flip-top bottle for easier dispersal. A dropper bottle or airless pump would also work well, but I like to be able to do things one-handed.

on 3/29/2010 5:03:00 PM

I had a chance to buy this at a discount and curiosity got the better of me since I'd heard so many good reviews. That said, I would buy it again at full price. My hair is thick, heavy, mixed texture (half straight, half wavy) and prone to mushroom to galactic proportions in humidity. I apply this right after towel drying (about a flat nickel size portion for my shoulder length hair) and invariably my hair ends up super-soft and tamed - it makes it "flatter" and more fluid if you will, without any heaviness or feeling of build-up. The smell is not my taste personally (kind of like amber/very strong baby powder), but it seems to dissipate as my hair dries. I've tried other frizz busters in the past to deal with my big ol' hair (all the usual suspects at the drugstore, as well as Living Proof), but this is truly the only product that did not leave my hair feeling coated, waxy or greasy. I use it about 3 times a week and it performs the same way, consistently. Wish it came in a pump for easier dispensing, but otherwise, I consider this one of my top beauty finds, ever.

on 3/28/2010 9:54:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

curly hair beware..this brand of moroccan oil is not 100% pure argan....
the first several ingredients BEFORE argan are all silicone based..all silicone does is prevent any moisture from entering the hairshaft...therefore ruining the greatest ingredient in the oil..the argan which is supposed to penetrate the hair and moisturize it.

argan oil in its natural state is amaaazing for any hair porosity or density..but silicone is bad for every hair type imaginable.,,,and not worth the 40 dollars. please don't waste your time with this... even with other comments who are saying it's wonderful...be kind to your hair..find 100% argon oil that is not a gimmick.
this brand of moroccan oil makes me extremely frustrated.

on 3/28/2010 9:34:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

AMAZING!!!
i have the worssst type of hair imaginable.. frizzy like no other, an ugly mix between curly/wavy, tangled and extremely dry and damaged with split ends tht look damaged frm a mile away.
if this product worked on my hair then it has got to be something amazing!
due to the ugliness and unruliness of my hair i can only wear it down when it has been blowdried and straightened, but this product changed all that! thanks to this product i can leave it down and it lks wavy and soft! didnt make my hair shiny though.. but thats prob my hairs own fault!
OH and the smell is amazing!
very veryyyy recommended!