April 16, 2014 | 1894 users online

Bronzers - BeneFit Cosmetics - HOOLA

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2010 10:35:00 PM More reviews by foltmanns

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am pretty fair and need something to help warm me up without looking fake or dirty. I've gotten compliments on how natural, fresh & youthful my makeup looks (I just turned 50), and I really feel the key to that look is Hoola. Hoola is the perfect bronzer for the fair, light to medium skin tones. It's completely matte, no shimmer or glitter. I first apply a foundation primer, followed by my foundation (Revlon's Colorstay #220 Natural Beige -- applied using a MAC skunk brush which I spray with MAC Fix+ spray); I then lightly buff a little bit of Smashbox's Halo hydrating perfecting powder in 'light) to set my foundation....and ladies this stuff really does cover the faint/fine lines I'm starting to see; then I go over all of that with a big fluffy brush dipped in Hoola, my entire face and down my neck...I use a very light hand. The result is a very natural and even-toned look to which add any number of blushes I have (depends on my mood, but my 'go to' is either Benefit's Dandelion or MAC's Tenderling). I finish a spritz of MAC's Fix+ spray (another product I cannot live without). Today I hit pan on the Hoola, and even though there is still a goodly amount of product left, I am running out to my Ulta's to get a fresh box. This is my #1 favorite makeup product and will purchase over and over. The initial purchase is a little expensive, however, for the amount of product you get and how long this lasts (my current box has lasted me almost a year and I use it daily) this is a bargain.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2010 2:26:00 AM More reviews by MissDizzle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

really love this bronzer. I have super pale skin and this is one of the few bronzers that gives me a nice glow without looking orange. I also really like that it doesn't have any shimmer or shine to it, it is just matte. The brush it comes with is garbage so I always have to carry one with me, sorta a pain but worth the natural looking sun-kissed results

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2010 6:39:00 PM More reviews by olympialetantoli

Hoola is a matte brown bronze, sun kissed cheeks are a guarantee with this deep pure bronze!!! I have to stress there is NO shimmer or crazy flecks of gold. Looks very natural since it is matte. Use a light hand since going over board is hard to correct as well you don't want to look muddy or dirty. I would sweep it on with brush provided twice on each cheek and then do the classic "3" motion from temple to cheeks to chin. One thing that scares me about the Benefit girls in the UK is that they are ORANGE!?!?! They look like bozo the clown or Oompa Loompas! How do they manage that?? It cannot be with Hoola since its not orangy in anyway its brown. I've seen photos of myself wearing this product it isn't orangy or fake looking so those sales girls must be using that Talk to the Tan crap or some other heavy duty bronzer, so unattractive. BACK to Hoola, the BOX packaging is cute yet not so practical if you are clumsy since a few friends got theirs wet, dropped it in the sink etc and lets say its a cardboard packaging ripped apart and fell apart. Get more solid packaging! I couldn't throw this into a makeup case and go since the lid would come off easily. Once you hit pan its hard to get enough bronzer on the brush...the brush was okay at first but after a while you need to either wash it or use another brush for application. IN terms of colour it was very nice, natural matte bronze with nothing extra you can use as much or as little. Many of my friends use this and I purchase it often for my mates on Christmas or their birthdays. I did change over a year ago to Nars Laguna purely because I wanted some shimmer. Also Nars is cheaper not by much...maybe a pound. And the Nars packaging is lovely and has a great mirror. So really you get more with Nars bronzer than you do with Hoola. But its a great bronzer matte bronzer if you don't like shimmery bronzers.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/25/2010 4:44:00 PM More reviews by NARSaddiction

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

A lot of people love this product but I find that unless I'm wearing a lot of fake tan this can look quite muddy and dirty on my pale skin. Tends to get blotchy throughout the day aswell. The only time I couldn't live without it was when I dyed my hair dark and needed a bit of colour. Also works well on top of the benetint cheek stain.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2010 3:05:00 PM More reviews by yayitsanne

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is the only bronzer that doesn't turn orange or look unnatural on me. I'm not a huge bronzer person but in the summer I like to use it just to even out my face with my body; since I'm militant about keeping my face out of the sun, my face stays a lot paler. I like that it doesn't have shimmer and that it goes on pretty sheerly at first so I can build up to the color I want. The box is cute but not very durable or portable.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2010 10:52:00 PM More reviews by Justicet2009

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I adore this bronzer. Goes on great. No streaks or muddy look. Gives a healthy soft bronze glow. Powder finely milled and applys easily. Luv luv luv!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2010 3:01:00 AM More reviews by bitterrose1025

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love love this bronzer. It gives the most beautiful color to my face. Unlike some bronzer that tend to be orange or reddish, this is a true neutral tan color. The only I didn't like about the product is the brush that comes with it. It sheds and doesn't give an even application.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/12/2010 3:52:00 PM More reviews by zudoral

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I actually like the brush for getting in the hollows of your cheeks, You can dab the brush when you make your fish face and almost draw a line. Then use a fluffier brush to blend it out. It will stay more dense to give you defined cheekbones but feather it out too. I find this works better than any contour brush i've tried.

I'm NC15 and this colour looks lovely with a gentle hand.

So don't discount the brush it comes with, it can be useful.

For price I think other drugstore bronzers are similar and I only bought this as a kit from Sephora, otherwise I don't think I'd by it on its own unless I got a whack of dough to burn.

I use this with Highbeam as I don't like glittery bronzers

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2010 2:07:00 PM More reviews by geriberry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

A great matte bronzer, blends and builds wonderfully. Invest in a good bronzer brush for this. The one that comes with the product is okay, but certainly not the best. The packaging is really cute, but I wish it came with a mirror, and I'm not entirely sure how well the box would hold up in a purse. The product makes up for the packaging though. I would definitely buy again!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2010 1:31:00 AM More reviews by unconventionalbeauty

I was looking at buying Hoola for quite a while but I could not decide between that and Nars Laguna (they are both 30 CAD), just because Laguna was kind of like everyones HG bronzer. Hoola was definetely the option I was leaning towards just because it is matte and has no glitter/sheen to it, so that I could get a 2 in 1 product (contour and bronzer). I decided to get Hoola when I saw the Legally Bronze Value Pack at Sephora (45 CAD).

This bronzer looks gorgeous on my skintone it really does look like I hung around the beach for an hour or so. I like to wear it in the 3 formation on my face. When winter is dragging on, it makes you feel like spring/summer time is that much closer. I have olive/yellow undertones in my skin and I think that it is really natural on me. It is impossible to apply too much of this product and it is very blendable.