August 23, 2014 | 1780 users online

Eye Primer - Urban Decay - Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original (UDPP)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2005 8:14:00 PM More reviews by apalleija

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff REALLY works!! I live in Ft. Lauderdale so it is either hot or sweltering. I also tend to have oily skin so after a few hours, even the best of eyeshadows would crease somewhat. Today was the ultimate test for the primer potion and it passed w/ flying colors!!! I first went to a baseball game at high noon and say in the sun for 2 hours. We left and then went to the beach, walked around, ate a late lunch, chased my son around the beach. I even got a slight sunburn on my shoulders...my point is, I was out in the sun all day and my eyeshadow (at 8:15pm) looks as if I just put it on!!!!!! Amazing! I have bought this for my friends and my mother. If you don't have this, RUN and get it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2005 12:53:00 AM More reviews by GimpyPoop

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

MAC Paints had been doing a mediocre job for me and my moderately oily eyelids. But past the 3 hour mark – forget about it! Creasing like noooooo tomorrow. Now that I have this stuff, MAC Paints are dead to me! I’ve seriously had eyeshadow stay on me for 24 hours thanks to this stuff. I would’ve never guessed from the cheesy packaging (yes Urban Decay really does need to do something about the opaque packaging! Grrr!), but this is what I wish Paints would’ve done for me. My eyeshadows aren’t dampened by this stuff either. They stay true and vibrant from the very moment I apply them and throughout the day. Just make sure you apply a very thin layer and let it set firsthand. Lovvve this stuff like I would my own child. Possibly even more. Just kidding! But it really is THAT fantastic. I would highly recommend this to anyone, even those without the curse of oily eyelids.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2005 12:31:00 PM More reviews by JGardella

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really like this primer. I had been using Benefit's FY...Eye but I thought it was too procey and dried up rather quickly. I then switched to L'Oreal Decrease. I do like that one, but after a few hours I would notice that my shadow was creasing in the inner corner of my eyes. After reading so many raves on this one I decided to pick it up at Sephora. I must say that it really does the job!! There's no need to glob this on, just a thin layer is all that it takes to keep my shadow in place all day long. I did notice that this primer makes my shadow go on a *tiny* bit cakey, but not enough for me to stop using it. I used this primer the other day and in the evening I had to walk to my car during a snow storm and I was amazed that my shadow still looked perfect after I had made it to the car because my face had gotten pretty wet from the snow.

At any rate, I am very pleased by this and I will continue to repurchase it again and again.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2005 10:19:00 AM More reviews by glamella

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this primer because it holds my shadow like nothing else! There is no creasing or fading from morning to night, which is a miracle. I have tried many of the other primers and this is far and away the best.
Now the cons: the packaging stinks! The wand is terrible for application so I use a taklon brush. I find that if I use my finger, I end up removing most of the product as I blend. The bottle itself makes it impossible to tell how much is left. I learned a trick from another MUAer: take out the little plastic part in the neck that scrapes the wand. You'll be amazed at how much product gets stuck at the top! I was about to throw mine away thinking it was empty, and it was still 70% full! Another trick is to use this sparingly. To much will make it hard to blend shadows and will create harsh lines.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2005 4:40:00 PM More reviews by cristada4

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my HG primer. Love it!! Shadows stay on all day until I am ready to take them off.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2005 12:28:00 AM More reviews by ACEerCP

HG!! Love this primer! HATE the bottle (it's cute but totally unfunctional). Just dab some of this sand-colored tacky primer on your lids from the gloss-like wand, pat a little, let dry, and then apply your e/s. ANY shadow has become creaseless and perfect for me using this primer. Definitely not something that's all hype and no performance. Just make sure you let it dry and blend the edges well or risk getting smudges of PP once it dries. Otherwise, wonderful, totally "can't live without" product! If primers have let you down, this one won't.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2005 7:24:00 PM More reviews by mtvsux

Nothing much to say that hasn't been said already.

Keeps e/s perfect. Wand kinda sucks. Cute bottle. Good price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2005 1:27:00 AM More reviews by AprilH

This is hands down the best eyeshadow primer ever made. And I should know because I've tried virtually every one on the market. Prior to trying this one, the best I had found was BeneFit FYEye. UD's beats FYEye in that 1) it has basically no color to it and doesn't alter eyeshadow colors, and 2) on a good day FYEye could get my shadows through an 8 hour work day and that's about it. I apply the Primer Potion in the morning and when I take my makeup off at night my shadows have barely budged if at all. With my very oily eyelids that's nothing short of a miracle. This product would be perfect but for the fact that you seem to get a tiny amount for what you pay. After only a couple of uses I have to dig and scrape around the tube to get any out. I've had to buy these practically in bulk and at $14 a pop it's not cheap. EDIT: I have to thank glamella for her suggestion of taking out the plastic ring on the end of the tube. I did this on a tube I thought was empty and discovered there was TONS of product left! I'm so glad I didn't throw it out. It turns out there is plenty of product in this tube, but this plastic thingy on the mouth of the tube scrapes most of it off when you pull out the wand. Remove the plastic thing and you don't have this problem. EDIT2: It's summertime, 100 degrees outside and my eyeshadows are still going strong! Today I had the slightest bit of creasing but I spent a good amount of time outside loading and unloading boxes into my car. This is the most amazing cosmetics product ever put on the market! Again I encourage people to take out the plastic ring at the end of the tube. Makes a HUGE difference.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2005 12:52:00 AM More reviews by mmarsin

ok, i NOW understand all the hype around this product!!! my eyelids are sooo oily, it's ridiculous. ever since using this however -- no more oiliness or eyeshadow creasing, at all! like today, my eyeshadow has been on for almost 14 hours now, and it's still there! i'm so happy that this actually works. i've tried MAC paints and shadesticks, and they were just ok (i.e. better than using nothing at all), and with those i'd get some creasing after a few hours. but no more! i don't care if the packaging is inconvenient or not, this stuff works, and that's all that matters to me.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2005 11:49:00 PM More reviews by glossgal1980

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this stuff so much! I always have problems with eye shadow creasing and smearing, and this stuff makes it last all day, with NO creasing! I want to go back to Sephora and stock up on this, because I never want to be without. I will say, you don't really get a lot, for the price, but the results are so worth it!!