Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 2/24/2006 8:03:00 PM

This stuff is amazing I love it. I have oily lids and after a few hours I always have creases and when I use Benefit Lemon Aid it only takes minutes to crease. I can wear my make up form morning till bed and have no problem with creasing or fading. With the lemon aid though it still creases if I put it on top of the pp but if I put the pp over the lemon aid then it stays all day and night. There is a reason why people say this stuff is like crack. I had a hard time finding it instock to try and once I tried it I went back the next day and bought 2 more so If I have a hard time finding at Sephora when I run out I will always have back up.

Updated to add that it has now been 2 years and this is still my HG eye primer I even use it on days when i do not where eyemakeup to so people do not see the prominent blue veins in my lids and to keep from having shinny lids

I can't rave about this stuff enough. I have oily lids and shadows normally fade in a few hours, even good quality ones. I have tried all kinds of primers, from L'Oreal to Lumene to MAC to Guerlain. The Urban Decay one is the only one that works all day, without making my eyelids wrinkly-looking, or bumpy-looking. The Guerlain one is very nice, but very expensive. At $14.00 a tube from Ulta or Sephora, UD Primer Potion is the way to go. Cute tube, too. I can store it in one of my lipstick racks with no problems.

on 2/21/2006 2:03:00 PM

Finally found a store that wasn't sold out of this. Yes, the reviews are correct - this is an amazingly effective product. I have a tried a passal of other eye shadow bases (Lancome, Mary Kay, Laura Mercier, Trish concealer, etc), and have had problems with either ineffectiveness, or crepey-ness to my eye lids. This product is VERY effective, makes your shadow last, is colorless and weightless. No crepeyness! It is about $15, which is very reasonable. The packaging, while fun and interesting, is slightly bulky for my TM planner, but this is a minimal complaint. Would definitely repurchase.

on 2/21/2006 11:52:00 AM

This is first time in years that I have been able to wear eyeshadow all day! Usually it creases after an hour or two, no matter what brand of eyeshadow or primer I have used. Like some of the others here, I use my finger to smooth the potion on, let it set for maybe 30 seconds, then use a soft brush to apply/blend the eyeshadow. Et voila! Fantastic.

on 2/17/2006 10:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This stuff rocks. I prefer sheer, yet well-pigmented shadows, but they never seem to last. After an hour or two, poof! Shadow's gone. Primer Potion keeps the shadow in place, and looking good, for hours. Other lid primers are too dry and cakey. They might make the shadow look good, but they make your eyes look terrible. Primer Potion is lightweight, very sheer in coloring and isn't drying at all. And it works. You really can't beat it. It holds shadow and liner in place very well. Give it a shot.
UPDATE: Sounds crazy, but I've been dabbing the tiniest bit of this on my dark circles before applying concealer. It makes it last all day. I swear. This is a miracle product. LOVE IT.

At first, I was very reluctant to try this - partly because it seems to be like crack - you try it once, and after a while, you start going ballistic when it's OOS everywhere, and you seriously contemplate selling your eggs for a bottle. I was quite happy with MAC paints, and didn't want to get into the habit. But . . . then, I got some at a discount, and here are my impressions of it - particularly versus MAC paints.

It keeps the eyeshadow on, yes. But MAC paints win on sheer longevity - after 10 hours or so, my eyeshadow creases with UDPP. With MAC paints, it NEVER does.

Where UDPP does win, however, is appearance - it seems to intensify colors, and it never gives a "dry" appearance, which MAC paints can. This makes it easier to have dewy-looking eyes.

On packaging, both UDPP and MAC paints have their issues - MAC paints come in these annoying metal tubes that tend to suddenly expel about half the product with no way to get it back in the tube. UDPP has a tight stopper on top which makes it difficult to get all the product out - but I hear the stopper is removeable, so when it gets hard to pull out the product, I will take it out, and see how it works.

All in all, I have to give UDPP a 5 because it does the job, and it does it well. The price is also reasonable. However, if I run out and it is OOS, I don't think I will go to pieces :)

on 2/16/2006 2:39:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

At first I had a love/hate relationship with UDPP. Now, I totally LOVE this magic potion. At first I was wiping the primer on my finger and spreading it all over my eyelids. My e/s would go on splotchy that way. Now I apply the wand directly on my eyeliner (upper and lower) area, and it works best for me that way. It keeps my e/l on for 12+ hours, which is a truly amazing thing to accomplish. The bottle is the size of a mascara tube, and is $14.00, and IMO a must for anyone who wants to have long lasting eyeliner. Will buy again and stock up for sure!

on 2/16/2006 6:16:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Nice product! It keeps my eyeshadow in place for 12+ hours (unless I rub my eyes), and I even have to make sure to use some kind of cleanser or the makeup won't come off. I use the wand to apply the product to the crease of my lids, then my ring finger to blend. Then eyeliner, shadow, and mascara (because if the product gets on my lashes, they're quite pale), and I'm finished!

on 2/15/2006 2:27:00 AM

Like the fellow reviewers i feel like i shouldnt have waited till now to buy this stuff ... well, i didnt buy, i got it in a swap, cause you cant get it in Australia, but i digress - it is brilliant - no more creasing, fading etc

You gotta try this stuff!

on 2/15/2006 12:56:00 AM

Excellent! But I wish I hadnít waited so long to try it.

Video Reviews & Tutorials