September 19, 2014 | 1778 users online

Eye Primer - Urban Decay - Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original (UDPP)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2005 2:02:00 PM More reviews by miss_antiworld

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This stuff works wonders! It makes my e/s much more intense and it lasts perfectly all day! I love the packagin too, the only minor complaint is that there could be more product in the bottle. Definitely a must have.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2005 6:56:00 PM More reviews by FameTrash

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this. For some reason, a ton of eye shadows fade on me within minutes - and I don't even have oily lids. With this, my eyes look fantastic for hours - no creasing.

There's not much in the bottle and the packaging is terrible, but it's the only base that works for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2005 1:55:00 AM More reviews by tinuvielberen

Another rave: I used to use Alexadra de Markoff Disguise for Eyes, which used to dry up towards the end of the jar. A sales associate at Sephora directed me to Urban Decay's Primer Potion, and I am sincerely grateful! I've no problem with the packaging or applicator. It sweeps onto the eyelid neatly and dries quickly. Then apply eyeshadow--and it's there. No creasing. Wonderful, wonderful stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2005 7:26:00 PM More reviews by classicbooks

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

After years of putting up with eyeshadows (both expensive and cheap) creasing after a few hours (even though I have dry skin) I got desperate and asked the experts on the Makeup Message Board what they would recommend for this problem. The majority highly recommended the Urban Decay Primer Potion. It was $14.00 US which is more than I have paid for the numerous other similar products I have tried. But I must say it was the best $14.00 I have spent in a long time. This product is by far THE best eyeshadow primer out there. At the end of 12 hours my eyeshadow looked exactly the same as when I applied it, and I used cheap Avon.
At the end of every day I make sure to look closely in the mirror to check its performance and I am constantly amazed. I don't know what's in this, and hope none of the ingredients are carcinogenic, but even if they were, I'm afraid I would use it anyway. Ahh, vanity!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2005 3:46:00 PM More reviews by Selenite

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I tend to be very suspicious of primers. Since I'm oily skinned, I don't really feel a desire to put any more layers of products of my face than I need to. And besides, I don't really believe that any of them work.

But then I read the glowing reviews for this product and I do suffer from eyeshadow creasing, fading...yuck. I bought a bottle in spite of my primer prejudice and just tried it today. Now usually my eyeshadow wil crease in about an hour. A few hours later tehere is no creasing to speak of. I took a nap with the eyeshadow on. Stil no creasing or fading and very little shadow on my circles to speak of.

I am stunned. I am in love. I have now found an hg product that I hope will never be discontinued.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2005 11:41:00 PM More reviews by beautifulal

My eyeshadow always creases within a couple of hours. I am a UD addict, so I checked out the reviews on this primer. After reading a few of the incredible raves, I decided to splurge, and ordered it right away. I am FLOORED by this product. It's a little expensive for the amount you get, but I've saved a lot of money by going straight to the best instead of wasting money on trial-and-error products! Even my most obnoxious fushia shadow lasted through the day and well into the night! I pray that UD never discontinues this amazing product!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2005 2:48:00 PM More reviews by cheezer

This is the best eye primer I have tried! I'm not a real fan of the packaging, but it is still a great product. I have oily eyelids and for some reason, my right eye gets oily faster than my left eye. The price is a little much, but it is worth it for such a great product!! My eye makeup stays on all day long and on both eyes!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2005 8:26:00 PM More reviews by rael128

WOO HOO!! I can't believe it's taken this long to find such a perfect eye base. I've tried FY eye, MAC paints, concealers, powders, etc. and they've ALL CREASED. I have super oily eyelids and eyeshadows will fade & crease before noon! With UD's primer potion, my eyeshadow stays put from the minute I put it on until I go to bed. My eyeshadow even stayed on through 3 hours of dancing at the club! The only drawback (besides the packaging), is your eyeshadow really does hold on, so it makes blending just a tad bit difficult. BUT, I am sooo not complaining, because I'm just thrilled that I can finally wear eyeshadow without having to retouch! After just a few days of using it, I was convinced that this was my HG primer, that I rushed back to Sephora to grab another bottle! LOVE THIS!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2005 5:13:00 PM More reviews by Trixie_belle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I haven't tried any other e/s primers but as long as they keep making this, I dont think I'll have to. Without it, my e/s would be creased and half missing by midday, but with this its still perfect when I come to take it off, thats a good 13 hours later. And I love the superduper cute packaging. Cant comment on how long it lasts yet as I've only just started using it, but I will still keep buying it, however often I have to replace it. I think its great value for money. I <3 UD

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2005 4:44:00 PM More reviews by tobytails

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Excellent! I have really oily lids and my shadows/liners always do that ugly creasing thing within a few hours. But not with UD's Primer Potion! My eye makeup stays the same from minute one to shower time. I don't see why some reviews don't like the packaging. It's fine with me! The primer itself is very soft and is easy to blend. It's not cheap, but I can easily save up the $14.00 (ulta). I can't wait to test this against a hot georgia summer day!