Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have wanted to buy this for a long, long time, but the girl at Sephora said it was only ok, and recomended Benefit's Lemonade. Well, Lemonade is a concealer, not primer. It didnt work, and I purchased it thinking it WAS and it had to good word of several Sephora employees. (It IS a nice eye concealer, tho)

Now, to this product. It comes in a very handy (and cute) lip-glos-like tube. It is creamy and kind of a nude color. I like the texture and you cant tell you have it on. I put this on just before i left the house this morning (around 9:30 AM) and then let it dry. This is the perfect time to put on blush. Then, i put on my eye shadow. I could feel it go on differently, like it was holding on. It didnt effect the color at all.

Now, its 11:07 and it looks every bit as good (and so does my eyeliner) as it did this morning. I have SUPER oily teenage skin, and normally halfway through a school day I look...scary. To say the least...

BUY THIS PRODUCT. NOTHING has EVER made my eyemake up last so long, and look so beatiful. If I wasn't going to remove this tonight, I would bet it would still look good in the morning. :)

on 12/31/2005 9:46:00 PM

Eyes: Violet

I have come to the conclusion that UD Primer Potion is best suited to younger gals or those with oily lids. For those of us 30+ something's with normal to dry lids, this product can be disastrous. I use MAC Studiofix and have made three attempts to put PP over it and each time it would not blend and made my lids look ancient. Putting powder shadow over top only worsened the cakey/flakey situation. For my age range and skin type, I'll stick with MAC paints.

on 12/31/2005 6:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I thought I'd try UD Primer Potion based on the high number of recommendations from Productville and the boards. After two weeks of using this, I'm tossing it in the trash. The packaging is horrible and wastes a tremendous amount of product (overpriced that it is). The primer itself aged my eyes ten years by making my eyelids look noticeably crepey, regardless of how much or how little of the product I applied. Very disappointing overall.

on 12/26/2005 8:15:00 PM

I love this my eyeshadow last all do with out creasing which in turn makes my liner last longer. I have a problem with liner lasting even though I use a sealent this is perfect. I was concerened about the reviews stating eyeshadow was difficult to blend but I have had no problem with thsi.

on 12/25/2005 8:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Urban Decay primer potion helps my makeup stay on 10+ hours without fading or creasing. The only downside is that the packaging is cute, but it makes it hard to use up all the product.

on 12/24/2005 11:23:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is my first review of a product on this site. (Although I have spent a many hours reading MANY reviews!!!) I have oily skin and have probably read every product review for oily skin. My background is I started using Retin-A in high school then senior year I started using Accutane. I took Accutane 3x cycles and then when I was 23 I was controlling my acne/oily skin with Birth Control Pills and Benzaclin- and this worked great. I am now 24 and have stopped taking bcp's for a medical reason and my skin is not as nice as when I was taking bcp's so I am in ultimate search for products to help my skin in this post bcp era. This product is GREAT!!! I can put eyeshadow on normally and it will last MAX. 4hours. Yesterday I timed how long my eyeshadow stayed on and it was 12 hrs. I don't think it would last all day and all through the night like some people say-but for me it lasted 12 hours and then it started coming off like usual. But 12 HOURS!!!! That's amazing!!!!! I will def. repurchase this item. GO FOR IT!!!

on 12/20/2005 6:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is one of those products that you either love or you hate. A good friend of mine gave me this and I love it. It really keeps my eyeshadows on and I have oily lids. I find myself reaching for this everyday.

on 12/19/2005 8:55:00 PM

This blows all my other eyeshadow base products out of the water. With primer potion my eyeshadow gets at least 3 hours more wear than with MAC paints or almay bright eyes cream eyeshadow. The packaging is really cute and I much prefer the wand applicator to having to squeeze product out of a paint tube. But why must it be so difficult to get?? A product as good as this should be available to everyone all the time. :-)

on 12/19/2005 12:45:00 AM

I really do love this eyeshadow primer. At first I was skeptical about the formula, considering I had used Bobbi Brown Cream Shadow Stick for years as my primer- but 12 hours later, my eyeshadow was still on, and no eyeliner yucking up in the crease of my eyelid.

on 12/17/2005 8:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This ia a HG primer for me!! I have never used anything like it! Using Primer Potion allows my e/s to last ALL day! No creasing on my oily lids and the color stays true! I recommend applying and letting it dry for a few mins in order to set and allow you to blend eyeshadows. I am a little turned off by the container. Something about the wand and sponge thing annoys me..... I cant really put my finger on it! But, that will in no way stop me from re-purcashing!! :)

Video Reviews & Tutorials