July 22, 2014 | 2069 users online

Eye Primer - Urban Decay - Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original (UDPP)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2005 3:11:00 AM More reviews by Xexuxa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Black

I don't know what I did before I had this. Its completely gotten rid of the insecurity if creasing shadow which means no more running to the Ladies Room to powder my eye lids and keep it from creasing. Before I couldn't even wear eyeshadow in the summer because of creasing. But now I can wear it when I want and as long as I want with no problem.

However, I have issues with the packaging. For goodness sake, the bottle isnt even clear! Its just awful, but I will put up with it for the product

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2005 3:43:00 AM More reviews by Snow_Angel350

I don't know about this one. I hoenstly didn't notice a difference as far as how long my eyeshadow stayed on for. I normally never have a problem with creasing anyway. I also found this a little thick and sticky and had a hard time blending my shadow. I don't know i seem to be the different one here maybe i'm doing somehting wrong lol i 'll give it another chance i guess, i just didn't see too much of a difference!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2005 1:42:00 AM More reviews by longrunner

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This primer has saved all the shadows that used to crease and fade on me. I find that the key to using it is to apply the tinest amount possible (thanks to the MU board experts for this tip!).

Like other reviewers, I detest the packaging. No way of knowing how much is left (other than weight), very hard to control the amount that comes out on the wand (I'm always scraping off the wand), and I really dislike the silly genie-bottle look (though I may be in the minority on that one).

Overall, though, a great product that I see myself buying again and again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2005 4:33:00 PM More reviews by makeupdiva23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

THE BEST eyeshadow primer on the planet! I have tried them all ladies...MAC Paints, Laura Mercier Eye Basics, BeneFit F.Y.EYE. Nothing compares. This is a thin, slightly fleshed colored, silky primer. I wish the bottle was clear because I have no idea how much I have left and I'm afraid I'll run out. Anyways... Go get it NOW!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2005 12:14:00 AM More reviews by Soiree

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Good things sometime come in cartoon-y packaging! Everytime I open mu MU case, my little nieces grab this. They think it is a funky purple toy.
That said, I do like the potion. Not quite in love with it or an HG item, but a good product. When going for a natural look (not wet shadow or else I would just use visine), it keeps everything where I put it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2005 7:23:00 PM More reviews by pinkshellie

I purchased PP after reading good reviews. I was very impressed with this product. I have oily eye lids and like to wear good quality and not so high quality eye shadow, and this primer wouldn't budge. I was very impressed when I needed to use eyemakeup remover to completely remove it from my skin. This is a great product and I will purchase it again, the only drawback is the packaging as many people have mentioned but the primer works so well that I really don't mind.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2005 4:30:00 PM More reviews by twig

Absolutely the best eyeshadow base that I have ever used. My eyelids are extremely oily and my eyeshadows have always creased no matter what I put on under them. But this little beauty of a product is a miracle worker. No more creasing for me ever! Trust me it works all day long from 7am to 4am no creasing. Please don't discontinue this Urban Decay!!! Only improvement would be to put it in a pot or something it is hard to get every last drop out of this container.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2005 3:22:00 PM More reviews by Dawn71675

I adore this stuff. I love the LOOK of the packaging, but the functionality of it just doesn't make much sense. You can't tell how much you've used, how much you have left...and the wand just doesn't seem to reach to the very bottom. Despite the packaging flaw, I adore this stuff. It is the only (and I mean ONLY) primer that keeps my eyeshadow crease-proof from 6am-5pm...and longer. I've worn it with MAC e/s, Stila eye pots, Stila e/s, UD e/s...pretty much any eyeshadow seems to adhere to the primer. Love it. Will repurchase again and again. :)

Update:
It is now October 2007 and I still use the Primer Potion every day. I don't know what I'd do without it. This is honestly one product that I hope to never be without. I always need a tube on back up! I hope UD never stops making this!!!! continued >>

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2004 11:17:00 PM More reviews by rosieee

I like Merle Normans eye primer better than this one. It's not much different than any other and doesn't have any magical properties in it. It works no better than any other eye primer, but its not a bad product. I dont like the texture as much as others either...It is a little greasy until it dries. I don't regret trying it though!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2004 5:07:00 PM More reviews by YummieBearzz

this product really works. i have very oily skin that can take off eye makeup in minutes. but applying the eye primer before applying my eye makeup really holds my makeup in place. and it goes on clear which is a big plus. the only problem is that the packaging really sucks. you don't know if there's anything left in the bottle. whenever you tkae out the wand to use it looks like there's no primer stuff on the wand. i use it even if i don't see anything so i think it just is hard to see.