Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 3/6/2006 4:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is HG status. I apply it at 7am and lasted through 9pm, with no creasing. I love PP more than MACís paint in bare canvas, the paints never lasted more than 3-4 hours. I havenít gotten used to the ligloss type applicator included in the ugly Genie Type bottle. With all the imperfections Iím definitely repurchasing it when ever I run out. This is a must have in everyoneís MU stash.

*update 12-13-06* This is for sure the best thing in my MU "safe"! The wand applicator still stinks but I got over it and now apply with my fingers. Been using this product everyday since the day I first bought it and still has plenty left. I have noticed that its a bit "thicker" but still holds on MU like no other!

So its now Feb. 20, 2007 and its finally completely done! I love this :D
continued >>

on 3/5/2006 11:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

My extremely oily lids have never had it this good. I tried so many others brands, including Laura Mercier, Benefit's FYE, Loreal, You name it, I've tried it. None of them worked for me. I thought I was doomed to walk around with oily, dark lids (from the mascara touching the greasy lids). I see why they packaged it in a genie bottle: it's magic and a miracle! And I actually do not wear eyeshadow. I brush it on and my lids look highlighted, like a young child's. But most important it controls the oil all day. UNBELIEVEABLE!

on 3/5/2006 3:09:00 PM

MUA-ers are always right. You can count on the fact that when a product sweeps the makeup board by storm, it really is an amazing product. I was just putting up with my eyeshadow creasing, then I started wearing more loose mineral eyeshadows with no binders. These things do not last on me at all, so I was forced to look at primers. So, of course, with all the raves for UD PP (yep, it gets its own acronym on the MU board), I had to try it. Yes, it is amazing, and I have started wearing it daily. It keeps those loose mineral eyeshadows put, as well as any regular pressed eyeshadows as well. I kinda wish the tube was not opaque though; it would be nice to see how much is left in the container. That's the only thing I can think to complain about. Great product.

on 3/5/2006 10:23:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I'll admit I was hesitant to buy this primer b/c I had purchased Benefits FyEye which the SA at Macys swore her eyeshow stayed on all day b/c of it. Not true for me. Anyhoo, got tired of putting on e/s only to see that two hours later it was creased/ or that it seemed as if I didn't put any at all. However, after applying UD PP at 9a.m. and applying my e/s I was SOOOOOOOOO psyched to see that at 11:30pm my eye make up was still on as if I had just done them! LOVE THIS.

on 2/28/2006 6:08:00 PM

I actually didn't think I really had a problem with my shadow shedding off through out the day,....but when I saw all these positive reviews on this product, I had to go out and buy the stuff just to check out what the hype is all about. Well, guess what...I guess I did have a problem with my shadow coming off little by little as the day went on...cuz I just went to the bathroom (at work right now - it's 3:00PM) and I looked in the mirror and it's as if I just put on my makeup. I've had my makeup on since 7:30 AM and my eyes STILL look really good. By this time of day I look all drawn out and tired...but nope...I look gooooooood. LOL! Even if you don't think you need this stuff, you're going to notice that you wish you tried it. Definately a good buy!

Also, just purchased the Smashbox Primer Photofinish too....no wonder I look so damn good..all this great stuff. (I am just hoping I don't start breaking out with the Smashbox primer...I heard after a week, it's possible to have a terrible outlay of pimples and breakout.)

on 2/27/2006 11:37:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

OMG! This stuff is awesome!! I have been searching for an eye makeup primer for years. One that actually works that is. This is my HG! I put it on in the morning, and it keeps my eye makeup bright, fresh looking, and crease-free. What more could you ask?

on 2/27/2006 8:10:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Eureka, this beauty product actually works! I bought this with low expectations, because I didn't want to get my hopes up. So, I am pleasently surprized. This comes in a lilac box with potion embossed logos all over it. The potion itself is purple with a silver top, when the wand opens the base looks like a thin concealer. I rubbed in on my eyelids, and it feels kind of sticky and it dries clear. After letting it set about 10 minutes, apply eyeshadow, and you're good to go! Usually my eyeshadow is gone by two or three hours, but with this applied as a base, it will stay on all day! This products costs $14.99 at Sephora, but it's so worth it. A little goes a long way, I will buy this again!

on 2/26/2006 9:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

i waited too long to buy this... And now like most everyone else I'm in LOVE.
Great product... I use it from the wand...nice coverage.

on 2/25/2006 3:13:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

For anyone on the fence about this stuff, let me give you a little push. I used to be a faithful user of F.y.eye... from Benefit for prepping the eyelid before applying shadow and I was pretty happy with it. My only real complaint was the unruly packaging that required me to dirty a brush when I wanted to use it. After hearing people rave about UD Primer Potion for a couple of months, I picked it up at Sephora last week and gave it a try.

F.y.eye... is *so* fired! UDPP is much easier to apply with it's little applicator wand and my shadow lasts for a much longer time now. I was blind and now I see. Give it a try, you won't be disappointed.

on 2/24/2006 10:26:00 PM

I never thought I would ever find a shadow primer that was HG but I think that is exactly what I have found. I have tried them all and this is the best!

Video Reviews & Tutorials