April 16, 2014 | 977 users online

Eye Primer - Urban Decay - Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original (UDPP)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2004 6:35:00 PM More reviews by joya

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Well, I think I need to review this, as I am slightly dissapointed in it. It really does keep the shadow on all day, and for me, that is even through sweating and excercise. In that respect, it is good.

Now, for the not so good.
*Makes my eyelids a bit chalky looking
*Makes eye shadow VERY difficult to blend
*Somehow, on me, the true complexity/intensity of my shadows do not come through. This makes my shadow seem so "Blah."
I seem to have better luck with MAC Paints.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2004 5:34:00 PM More reviews by pinklikecandy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is the first primer I ever bought and I don't want to stray. I worked ten hours in a restaurant and I have oily eyelids, but by the end of the night, my eye makeup looked perfect. Absolute HG. continued >>

rated 2 of 5 on 11/1/2004 4:54:00 PM More reviews by sredding

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have oily skin and eyeshadow never stays on my lids. This primer didn't do anything special. The shadow still creased and it didn't make it last any longer than it normally does. I am definetly disappointed after hearing all the rave reviews for this product. The package looks cute but doesn't contain a lot of product.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2004 9:39:00 PM More reviews by jbrinker

This stuff is awesome! The United States could really benefit from my eyelids; they are total oil reserves! I tried Smashbox's lip and lid primer, and I think it made my eyelids worse. So I returned it and tried UD's Primer Potion at the recommendation of many MUAers. The oil is gone, the makeup has stayed on for hours, and there is NO creasing! Even though it is a little on the pricey side and the purple bottle is a little cheesy, the product makes it all worthwhile.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2004 5:44:00 PM More reviews by jago

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff is great!! Everything creases on me eventually, until this came along! I wore a really layered look last night, and not one layer moved, creased, faded....so nice! I tried w/a more natural look, and it certainly works. I'll probably try not to use daily since it's pricey. The other downside is the fact you can't tell how much you have left. Wish it could be in a pot or metal tube.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2004 3:28:00 AM More reviews by smiles4c

oh MAN does this stuff rock! I was a MAC paints user (and I still do use them, but not as a base) until I found this. It not only keeps my e/s from creasing, but it also keeps it looking *just applied* all day! I honestly cannot see any fading at all from the time I put it on in the morning to the time I wash it off. The first time I wore it, I wore it for 14 hours - without a bit of creasing or fading! It has a nice consistency, like creamy frosting, and spreads easily w/ my finger (I dab a little on my eyelid with the applicator, but blend it in with my finger). It's very nude, nearly clear, which I love since it doesn't alter my e/s shades at all. The only thing I don't like about it is the packaging - while it *is* cute, it's a pain because you can't see how much is left. But I can live with that minor deficiency, this is an HG product for me!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2004 9:29:00 AM More reviews by VioletExtract

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am so glad I bought this. Eye shadow applies more vibrantly and pigmented, doesn't fade and does not crease one bit. I was amazed when I tested it out for the first time wearing a No7 eye shadow over the top (which usually fades and creases badly) and by late night it still looked completely intact!! I hadn't had to retouch it once. There's no point bothering with any other eye shadow primer!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2004 3:24:00 PM More reviews by neicy81

Move over MAC paints, there's a new king in town!!!!!!!I decided to order this from Sephora after hearing so many raves. I love this. It goes on kind of funky but does not change the color of my eyeshadow like it does with MAC paints at all.My eyeshadow lasts for hours with this and that's a great thing because my eyelids could probably start an oil reserve. So, hip hip hooray for UD primer potion!!!!!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2004 5:13:00 AM More reviews by kookykitty

This is my new HG eye shadow primer. I used to use Benefit F.Y.Eye and MAC Bare Canvas Paint, but they do not compare to UD Primer Potion. This product retails for $14 and comes packaged in cool looking lavender purple tube with a sponge tipped wand applicator. The product itself is a creamy slightly peachy color that blends easily with most skintones(I have Stila D/E MMM yellow undertoned skin and this blended well into my skintone--in fact, it made my eye area look fresher and better just on its own! :D). Anyhoo, it is easy to apply, you can either dab it directly on your eye area then blend, dab it on your finger, then apply and blend, or swipe it directly on with the applicator. I prefer to apply it to my ring my finger and then pat/blend it on my eye area. It has a powdery dry texture after application and it really does lock shadow,liner--whatever you put on it--in place! My eye makeup looks just as fresh as when I first put it on. There is no creasing whatsoever(and I hav oily lids). I will be retiring my MAC paint in Bare Canvas and F.Y.Eye now. Viva la Primer Potion! lol! :D

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2004 2:34:00 PM More reviews by martawoj

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the best priemr I tried. I thought that Benefit FY Eyes fas good, but this is much better. With this primes my eyeshadow actually stays on almost all day, the longest of all the primers I tried. I don't like the packaging: I don't like things with wands in general, but in this case it is really bad, plus you cannot see how much of product is left. This hsould be packaged in a tube. However, since it works so well, I will buy it again and again.