Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 1/13/2006 4:35:00 PM

Lovely texture, nice color, uniform finish.. but (*sniff*, what a pity!) that's about all I like about Primer Potion.

All e/s start creasing and fading 5 to 10 minutes after been applied on my oily lids... and I'm talkin about Clinique's Touch Tint, Lancome's Color Dose and Color Focus, Chanel, Dior, MAC, Mary Kay (by far the best I've tried).. I mean, I use the so claimed longest-lasting e/s and non of them seem to like me! They literaly get absorbed in an non-uniform way (all but MK), so I end up with patches of bare skin and fading color.

So I was soooo excited when I read all the raves about this product.

But:

1) e/s stay longer, but end up creasing and fading a couple of hours after been applied and, althought the process is slower, when I return home from work colours are not there.

2) First time I tried it I used some brownish e/s (MK and Stila). When I looked in the mirror 4 hours or so later.. they have turned bluish!! I couldn't believe it, but yesterday I tried it again (I really wanted to like it) with MK "white sand" and it turned bluish-green in front of my eyes.

So, I'll stick with MAC's "Bare Canvas", the only product to date that makes my e/s stay all day long.

on 1/10/2006 11:13:00 AM

this is a great find! thanks to the reviews here, i was able to find a solution to eye makeup that never lasted longer than an hour or two. i used this for the first time yesterday and was VERY impressed. very little to no creasing of my shadow and my liner was actually STILL ON by the time i was ready to hit the bed. oh, how lovely. why did it not occur to me to look for something like this sooner?

on 1/10/2006 10:55:00 AM

Believe the hype. I was skeptical, because I'm skeptical by nature, but this stuff is great. Eyeshadow that used to crease on me after 4-5 hours (even over a base) now stays put almost all day. I have heard some people say that their e/s stays perfect until they wash it off. This isn't the case for me; I have definite creasing after 8-10 hours, but 8-10 hours is some major performance! I don't mind the genie bottle; I think it's kind of cute and it's no more difficult to tell how much is left than a tube of mascara. And since you have to use so little, a tube should last quite a while. (I apply three small dots on each eye and blend out and up past the crease.)

on 1/9/2006 3:43:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Pros: The color is practical univeral. The product blends easily, and delivers on it's promises. I wore it on one eye, and nothing on the other...and there was a noticeable difference in my eye makeup by the end of the day. This prevents ceasing, and helps to "even" out my eye color (I have a bit of red just at the color of my eyes) so that colors go on brighter and truer. I'm very pleased with the results...it's far better than what I obtain with concealers or MAC's shimmersticks.

Cons: The packaging, as everyone mentioned, is frustrating. A simple squeeze tube would be perfect (and maybe a dollar cheaper, without the fancy and utterly unnecessary genie bottle). And the size--10 ml--is pitiful. At leave give us a full 0.5 ounce (14-15 ml), which is fairly standard size. I've seen concealer samples that are bigger. continued >>

on 1/8/2006 5:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This stuff is so cool - my eye makeup at the end of the day looks exactly as it did when I put it on that morning - absolutely no creasing or smearing - and I have oily skin especially around my eyes, so this stuff is nothing short of a miracle for me! I love it.

The only thing I don't like is the packaging - even though the tube it comes in is very pretty, I think that it coming with a wand applicator is pointless (you have to blend it in with your finger anyhow), and think it will cause wasted product when the tube gets low. I think if it came in a sqeezable tube, it would be perfect. But that won't stop me from buying this product again!

Also, I read some complaints about Primer Potion not blending well - if you set this stuff with pressed powder after you've blended the PP around your eyes, then put your eye makeup on over the pressed powder, your shadow will be able to blend well, and STILL stay put!

on 1/8/2006 10:37:00 AM

Love this stuff! Don't ask me how I know, LOL, but it will go 48 hours+ without creasing. The tiniest amount is all you need. I wish it came in a tube, the applicator wand is a little silly since you need to smear it on with your finger anyway.

on 1/7/2006 6:01:00 AM

Most wonderful stuff ever! This is the first product that actually makes applying my eye makup worth while – my eye mu use to crease/be a mess in less than an hour flat. This is the first thing that keeps everything perfectly in place until I go to remove it – I couldn’t be happier! Velvety consistency and shade is slightly lighter than my lids (NC35/40), but very sheer. Will definitely repurchase again and again!

on 1/5/2006 12:50:00 PM

After trying primer after primer, and nothing works, I finally took the advice of all my MUA friends and bought this. It's the real thing. Actually, you have to be careful that you don't put too much shadow on, b/c once it is on, it won't budge! And stays good about 12 hours.

I've seen posts that it looses its effectiveness when it gets old. Mine is too new to tell.

on 1/4/2006 9:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is really cute, and it works great, but a good concealer would do the same thing...

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

Best. Product. Ever.

I have the oiliest lids on the planet. Eyeshadows tremble before them, knowing they will be but dark lines in my creases by midday. I've tried lesser primers before. Here's a quick rundown.

Origins Underwear for Lids. Feels so nice, doesn't work at all.
Mary Kay Eye Primer. Doesn't feel so nice, works for a few hours, then dies.
L'Oreal De-Crease Eyeshadow Primer. Feels okay, doesn't work at all.

But this... this is swoon-worthy. Smooth it on your lids in the morning, and allow it to dry. It's fast. Then apply your eyeshadows and notice how they seem a little more vibrant. Go on your merry way and look with amazement four hours later that your eyeshadow is still there. Jaw drops in shock when it's still there eight hours later. Swoon on the spot when it's still there 12 hours later when you're washing it off again.

Dear God. Buy it now. It'll be the best $14 you've ever spent. continued >>