Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 2/2/2006 7:16:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

WOW - I am so happy to have found this product. I have used Benefit FYEye for many years and it recently just stopped working for me. After reading the reviews for Primer Potion on MUA I decided to give it a shot. I just took off my eyemakeup and it looked as fresh as it did when I put it on this morning - 12 hours ago!! It is a very neutral shade that definitely enhanced my smashbox "champagne" eyeshadow and prestige "suede" liner. My eyemakeup remained on my eyes all day without a single crease. I agree with the other posters - not loving the wand applicator but can deal with it. I also recommend letting it set for 5 minutes or so before applying shadow. Will definitely purchase again, and again, and again...

THIS IS AMAZING!!!! Really, go out and buy it now! I've used other things but I really just gave up and got used to the fact that my eyeshadow will crease. This will not. It is truly truly HG. I've only used it for a couple of days but this will be a keeper for a lifetime. I would recommend putting a little powder on top after it dries and before you put on your eyeshadow so that your shadows blend better. Once color touches the UDPP, it literally clings on for dear life.

on 2/2/2006 12:50:00 PM

I love this product. I'm a makeup junkie (aren't we all or we wouldn't be here) and have tried just about every eyeshadow primer. But this product is without a doubt the best. My eyeshadow would crease after about 2 hours on my oily lids but with this lasts at least 10 hours. The trick is to work quickly with it and use a very small amount. Too much will make your lids look cakey. I put a little on the back of my hand and use the Smashbox concealor brush to apply. Once it dries I put a little powder over it so my shadows will blend better. I do have the same complaint as many, the packaging. I would love to be able to see how much is left. This is definitely my HG. I have four extra tubes in my drawer at home, so I will never run out.

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is my new HG. Not only does it keep all my shadows on for forever, but it really intensifies all my UD shadows and even helps the glitter to stick! Therefore, if you are a fan of them it is MANDATORY you get tris. Actually, no matter what you wear, get it anyway. It's THAT good. I will be buying it until the end of time.

This product really does give eye shadows great staying power - my eyeshadow even lasted an eight hour work day and an hour long (VERY SWEATY) work out. The downside: it ages my eyelids by making them look papery and wringly. I don't know if I'm applying it incorrectly, but it happens almost every time, hence the four lippies rather than five. I would still purchase again, however, because I don't like reapplying and I think I'm probably the only person who notices the weird wringkly eyelid effect. Most people don't look at my eyes from half an inch away, after all.

on 1/31/2006 4:39:00 PM

It really works. My eyeshadow has never stayed on this long before. Usually after a couple hours it is falling off, but with PP it lasts all day. The trick is to wait until it dries before applying eye color. The packaging could be better. I always use my finger instead of the wand. For $14, it would also be nice to get a little more product. But overall, I love this stuff!

on 1/29/2006 11:41:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This is the best eye primer ever. In the past I've used Benefit F.Y.Eye and MAC Paints as primers and this is the clear winner by a landslide. After washing my face and letting my moisturizer with SPF and eye cream (below eyes) soak in, I apply a few swipes on the lids, blend in with my fingers and a quick swipe of a fluffy brush. I then let it dry for 5-10 minutes and apply my shadow (or MAC shadestick or paint). My eyeshadow does not move, it does not crease. The BF accuses me of reapplying my makeup when I get home it looks so good. I have even forgotten to take off my makeup and done a hard sweaty gym workout---makeup still in place and looking good amazingly. I can't rave enough about it. The only thing that would make it even better would be if it were in a dispenser that you could squeeze a bit on a finger tip and apply to lid rather than the sponge applicator but that's a minor quibble. BTW I'm a GGG/CCC (caramel cutie!) and this doesn't look ashy at all, it just blends in to nothingness and serves as the perfect base.

on 1/27/2006 7:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Over the last couple of years, I've noticed that I've had a lot more problems getting eyeshadow to stay on my lids and after seeing all the raves on MUA, I had to try this. Before my e/s would be creasing and looking awful after 3 or 4 hours, but now I can get about 10 hours before it starts to look oily and even then it doesn't look terrible. My e/s used to collect in the crease horribly after a few hours but now it doesn't. Even though I don't quite get the 12-14 hour wear that others were getting, it's still an excellent product for me and worth the $14.

on 1/26/2006 6:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

There are a few tricks to know about UDPP. You have to let it dry first before applying shadow over it. If you don't let it dry, it won't last all day.
I love this product. Goes on sheer and lasts all day.
The bottle is decieving. When you start to run low, or you think you are running low with the product, take the liner out of the bottle. (Take tweezers or small pliers and pull out on the clear ring at the mouth of the bottle.) When you get that out, the wand can reach the bottom better and the sides as well. You will be amazed at how much product is left.

on 1/24/2006 7:23:00 PM

UD's Primer Potion is one of my must-haves! Normally, most eye shadows wear off my lid by the end of the day. After applying Primer Potion, my eye makeup stays perfect and vibrant long into the night. I've tried several other eye bases and this one is definitely the longest-lasting!

Primer Potion comes in a slim bottle with a sponge wand applicator. I find it best to not bother with the sponge wand and use my finger for the most even coverage. It goes on smooth and velvety. I've never had a problem applying or blending my shadows on top of it. However, MAC's Shadesticks sometimes don't glide on as smoothly at first - I think it just has to do with the texture of the two coming together.

My only complaint about the Primer Potion is that you can't really tell how much is inside, and I feel like maybe they could have put a little more in the bottle. Otherwise, I highly recommend it! continued >>

Video Reviews & Tutorials