Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 3/15/2006 10:40:00 PM

THIS STUFF WORKS!!!! REALLY!! Use this primer, and like magic NO eyeshadow creasing. Provides a nice matte, nude canvas for your eyeshadow. Eyeshadow colours stay true, does not intensify or alter colours. Even when I was really bad and slept in my make up, the eyeshadow still was on and looked good in the morning (of course the rest of me looked like a melting wax museum). The famous MAC Paints in Untitled also works as far as preventing creasing. However, it has a dryer texture which slightly emphasizes the crepey texture of my 47 year-old eyelids. I will be trying the Laura Mercier Eye Basics next as I am still looking for a nude primer with more coverage than the UD Primer Potion. One that I can wear alone with mascara and lipstick for a polished natural look. I find that nude colour of the UD Primer Potion is very sheer, like a sheer foundation. Nonetheless, far as it's primary purpose in preventing eyeshadow creasing, THIS STUFF WORKS!!!! REALLY!!

Note re the packaging. I dropped my tube on the tile floor of the bathroom, and astoundingly it broke! The tube cracked in half all around the bulbous part of the genie in a bottle inspired tube. It looks like a mascara tube, no brand of which have ever broken on me despite regularly dropping them on the floor. Now this is a major inconvenience & expense. In western Canada, one must order UD Primer Potion online from Sephora, it is $14.00 US plus 9.95 US delivery, which works out to $29.95 CDN, very expensive. It is such a great product that I will re-order, however.
Forgot to say that this stuff really grabs the eyeshadow, to make it easier to blend I very lightly dust my face powder brush over the lids, this does the trick and the eyeshadow goes on smoothly. Also, make sure to moisturize the eyelid area first,letting it sink in, then apply apply the UDPP, I think this helps prevent any crepeyness. And always let the UDPP dry before applying face powder very sparingly, then eyeshadow. Sounds like a lot of work but actually once you get your routine going it is very quick.

on 3/13/2006 12:18:00 AM

Holy Primer Potion Batman! A product that does what it says it will do! I've never considered using a primer on my lids, but I bought it today and it was amazing how well my make-up stayed. It always creases, but not anymore! Huh, will wonders never cease....

on 3/12/2006 7:39:00 PM

I just received this in a swap and I l-o-v-e it! It's wonderful! I had never used a primer before this, and now I don't think I'll be able to go without one again! I used it yesterday and my shadow stayed vibrant and fresh looking. I was a bad girl and fell asleep with my makeup on at my boyfriend's house - when I woke up this morning my shadow STILL looked pretty good!! I would recommend this to everyone, it is a great invention and I won't be able to use shadow without it again!

on 3/10/2006 10:47:00 AM

I bought this primer based on reviews in productville and boards. I don't think the result is very magical; it's just average. I don't have very oily lids, and sometimes e/s creases on me even when I wear this potion as a base. A big CON of this product will be its packaging. It's hard to get the product out after a couple months of using this. The wand does not grab enough product out as if I am using up the whole tube. Someone told me that I should take the plastic rim off, and there're still plenty of potion inside. I'll have to try that and see.

on 3/10/2006 8:09:00 AM

This is definately my HG! I have got really oily lid and most eyeshadow (MAC, Shiseido Kanebo, Milani, Inoui ID) they will bound to crease on me even when i m using MK primer it will only last for about 4 hours. However when I am using UDPP, my eyeshadow can last for more than 8 hours w/o creasing!!

on 3/9/2006 9:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I can see why other reviewers have said that this stuff is like crack - I just started using it last week and never want to be without it again!

I wear mostly loose mineral eyeshadows, and while creasing isn't a major big deal, I wanted to find something to help the mineral shadows really stick to my eyelids, and UD PP does the trick and then some. The color stays bright and true, no creasing at all, and 8 hours after I've applied my makeup, it still looks fresh. This is a HG product for sure - if Urban Decay stops making this stuff, I can imagine women every where declaring war and storming company headquarters to bring it back!

on 3/8/2006 10:21:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Wowee! I would have to say that in some ways, this primer works too well! The 1st time I used it was with Paula Dorf e/s in Safari. Without a primer, the e/s would migrate to my crease by lunchtime. However, when I applied the e/s to my primed lids, it really stuck! It stuck so much that I had trouble blending. After a lot of extra blending with a sponge, I got the look I wanted and it stayed put all day long. I prime my lids 10 minutes before applying e/s, let it dry, and then get to work with the e/s. The "drawback" is that it takes me extra time to get the look I want, but in the end, it is completely worth it. When you see the results you'll never want to be without it. Color looks vibrant and fresh all day - in fact, it makes cheaper drug store brands look like highly pigmented fancy brands. How did I get along without this product. Amazing!!!!

on 3/7/2006 8:27:00 PM

this is the perfect product. i used it one night when i applied lots of e/s for a rock concert. after a full night of drinking, sweating, & dancing, my e/s still looked perfect. i have a pretty pronounced crease, so the fact that my shadow didn't ball up or slide off was very impressive to me. believe the hype! this is a great product. i would buy it again en masse.

on 3/6/2006 10:29:00 PM

I was tired of using my foundation as a base. So based on the reviews here and everywhere else, I gave in! I LOVE THIS!!!!!!. IT HONESTLY does make my e/s more vibrant and really does keep it from creasing. This is no gimick. The packaging is so cute too.

on 3/6/2006 5:04:00 PM

I love, love, love this! I hadn't used eyeshadow primer before this, but i figured I should try something to keep my shadows from creasing. I got this based on the recs here, and I'm really glad I did! This stuff is like IRON. Take, for example, my new NARS shadow duo. Without a base, they last a max of about three hours on me. I put this on underneath them yesterday, and the colors were still vibrant through school, basketball practice, and a shower. Even after that, I still had to scrub to get the stuff off. The applicator is way inconvenient, but i'm willing ot overlook for the non-creasing results i get :) I'll buy again till they don't make it any more.

Video Reviews & Tutorials