July 24, 2014 | 1247 users online

Eye Primer - Urban Decay - Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original (UDPP)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2005 4:40:00 PM More reviews by cristada4

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my HG primer. Love it!! Shadows stay on all day until I am ready to take them off.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2005 12:28:00 AM More reviews by ACEerCP

HG!! Love this primer! HATE the bottle (it's cute but totally unfunctional). Just dab some of this sand-colored tacky primer on your lids from the gloss-like wand, pat a little, let dry, and then apply your e/s. ANY shadow has become creaseless and perfect for me using this primer. Definitely not something that's all hype and no performance. Just make sure you let it dry and blend the edges well or risk getting smudges of PP once it dries. Otherwise, wonderful, totally "can't live without" product! If primers have let you down, this one won't.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2005 7:24:00 PM More reviews by mtvsux

Nothing much to say that hasn't been said already.

Keeps e/s perfect. Wand kinda sucks. Cute bottle. Good price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2005 1:27:00 AM More reviews by AprilH

This is hands down the best eyeshadow primer ever made. And I should know because I've tried virtually every one on the market. Prior to trying this one, the best I had found was BeneFit FYEye. UD's beats FYEye in that 1) it has basically no color to it and doesn't alter eyeshadow colors, and 2) on a good day FYEye could get my shadows through an 8 hour work day and that's about it. I apply the Primer Potion in the morning and when I take my makeup off at night my shadows have barely budged if at all. With my very oily eyelids that's nothing short of a miracle. This product would be perfect but for the fact that you seem to get a tiny amount for what you pay. After only a couple of uses I have to dig and scrape around the tube to get any out. I've had to buy these practically in bulk and at $14 a pop it's not cheap. EDIT: I have to thank glamella for her suggestion of taking out the plastic ring on the end of the tube. I did this on a tube I thought was empty and discovered there was TONS of product left! I'm so glad I didn't throw it out. It turns out there is plenty of product in this tube, but this plastic thingy on the mouth of the tube scrapes most of it off when you pull out the wand. Remove the plastic thing and you don't have this problem. EDIT2: It's summertime, 100 degrees outside and my eyeshadows are still going strong! Today I had the slightest bit of creasing but I spent a good amount of time outside loading and unloading boxes into my car. This is the most amazing cosmetics product ever put on the market! Again I encourage people to take out the plastic ring at the end of the tube. Makes a HUGE difference.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2005 12:52:00 AM More reviews by mmarsin

ok, i NOW understand all the hype around this product!!! my eyelids are sooo oily, it's ridiculous. ever since using this however -- no more oiliness or eyeshadow creasing, at all! like today, my eyeshadow has been on for almost 14 hours now, and it's still there! i'm so happy that this actually works. i've tried MAC paints and shadesticks, and they were just ok (i.e. better than using nothing at all), and with those i'd get some creasing after a few hours. but no more! i don't care if the packaging is inconvenient or not, this stuff works, and that's all that matters to me.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2005 11:49:00 PM More reviews by glossgal1980

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this stuff so much! I always have problems with eye shadow creasing and smearing, and this stuff makes it last all day, with NO creasing! I want to go back to Sephora and stock up on this, because I never want to be without. I will say, you don't really get a lot, for the price, but the results are so worth it!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2005 4:56:00 PM More reviews by metaldog32

Yep..I am afflicted with oily lids. Yep...I USED to use F.Y.Eye from Benefit..but didn't like it that much. Switched to BB shadestick in a neutral shade...it was a tad bit lighter than my olive coloring but if I blended it out I could get a bit more mileage with my shadows...however it wasn't always a success...

Up until recently....of course I am a MAC fanatic...of course I read about the UD Primer Potion...

I try not one, not two, but THREE Sephora stores...in NYC..nobody has it!!!! In desperation..I grab a MAC shadestick in Shimmersand..the mua SWORE it wouldn't crease...what happened??? It creased.

So.finally..on my 4th Sephora store..I emerge triumphant. Finally got the baby home...and then next day tried it. Now..I have tried it alongside my shadestick from MAC. MAC shadesticks work pretty darn good...but not as good as UD Primer Potion. Even the highly regarded MAC paint works well..but still not as good as UD.

I am very, very, VERY grateful that UD has put this product out..you have a customer for life...now all I have to do is find a couple more for backups..the THINGS we do for beauty!!!! LOL...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2005 7:42:00 PM More reviews by skkelber

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Wow. I have seriously tried every primer I could get my hands on to little avail. My skin is dry, but the lids, they are a-oilin', and nothing stays on. I had seen raves for products that had totally failed me (Benefit FYEye among them), so I wasn't convinced this was going to work. BUT IT DOES! I lurve it. Shadows stay put. They don't change color. They don't crease. This is amazing stuff. And I think the packaging is awfully cute.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2005 3:19:00 AM More reviews by fairladyluvs2shop

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Am on my second bottle. This stuff works all day on my oily skin. Makes both my expensive and cheaper shadows stay put for up to 10-12 hours (sometimes longer). Rarely have to touch-up my eyeshadow at the end of the day if I am going out that evening!! Lasted me about 3 months w/daily use. Could be more in the bottle considering the price. However, I get more use out of my cheaper eyeshadows now so that helps to balance out the cost.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2005 11:08:00 PM More reviews by midnightlouise

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Great product that really lives up to the hype! I have oily lids and I have never had a problem with creasing e/s when wearing this base. Love the cute little genie bottle, too! I will repurchase this as long as they make it.