Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 3/27/2006 12:08:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Wow! I put this through the ULTIMATE test today - first, I had curry for lunch where I broke out into a sweat, then I played a good 2 hours of basketball. I didn't get to check my face until the day was practically over and my eyeshadow didn't crease at all. I have so much eyeshadow that I barely use because before I got UDPP, it would always crease. But now, I can definitely put use my eyeshadows! I'm so excited!! I am totally in love with this product! I think the packaging is really cute, but I can see how the container can be a pain when it starts to run out. In the meantime, I'm going to put it to good use.

on 3/26/2006 10:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a WONDERFUL product. Iím so glad that I read the reviews and decided to try it.
I use just a tiny bit of this product and the shadows stay put all day long.
I use the wand to make small dots just above the eyelashes then smooth the product over the lids with my finger.
I have to admit that on some days there is some creasing but not much. But most days I can wear my shadows all day long and they look like I just put them on.
I will definitely repurchase and recommend to everybody.

on 3/25/2006 12:04:00 AM

This product has brought new life to my eye shadow! I have very oily lids and usually after an hour or so the shadow has already started creasing. With the Primer Potion my makeup goes on and stays on until I decide to take it off. No creasing, smudging, running, etc. I've found the best way to apply is to smooth it on with your finger. Let it dry for a few minutes and then apply your shadows. I've had no blending problems when doing it this way. I use MAC and the veluxe pearl shadows remain as vibrant as they look when you first put them on. You can go all day and your shadow never budges. This stuff is WONDERFUL. Thank you to all who have rated this. It's because of you that I purchased the product and will continue to purchase it. Go out and buy this if you have oily lids, you'll be amazed!!!

on 3/23/2006 11:02:00 AM

ADORE this product! i love the satiny almost powdery but not dry texture of this. it creates the perfect canvas for your shadows! the color just melts into your skin and without being greasy and let me tell you does it work! i always get eyeliner and mascara under my eyes by the end of the day but not when i use this product. sometimes i dab a little under my eye and place a bit of shadow there to highlight the bottom of my eyes and it stays put all day! this is a great product! my only grievance is that although the bottle looks big i don't think you can get all of the product out of it because of the narrow top. you end up wasting a lot of product at the bottom of the bottle. that's why i gave packaging a 2. it would be perfect if it were a pump.

on 3/22/2006 8:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Not that anyone will ever see this but I just had to rewrite my second review. Turns out it was my contact solution that was irritating my eyes so I can use PP again. It's fantastic!

on 3/22/2006 1:08:00 AM

This is a must-have whenever I use eyeshadow. What's the point of putting on eyeshadow if its not going to stay on like it should!! I love this stuff :)

on 3/21/2006 11:25:00 PM

I love this stuff! It is a girl's best friend, I swear! The way I apply it is take the primer thats stuck on the side of the wand with my finger and rub it into my eyelids, and then put on my eyeshadow. My eyeshadow really stays! One time I even washed my face after putting this and my eyeshadow on, and my e/s was still on afterwards! The only downside is that I've heard that when you think you've ran out, theres really tons left if you remove the plastic ring.

on 3/18/2006 8:52:00 PM

I like this a lot! I run around a lot due to work but my eyeshadow colour still stays vibrant at the end of the day.

The downside though is that because it makes the colour stay, it's pretty difficult to wash off my eye makeup.

UDPP is not available locally in Singapore so i have to get it from Sephora. Price isn't cheap especially after including shipping.

The package is the cutest thing!! But the wand makes it difficult to scoop to last bit at the bottom. It should be made squeezable instead of a wand and this should come in a bigger package.

on 3/17/2006 8:35:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

LOVE LOVE LOVE this product. I too am a member of the oil slick eyelids club and this is the only product that has ever worked for me. My eyeshadow looks just as good by 5:00 pm as it did at 7:00 a.m. when I first put it on. I haven't had any problems with blending like some reviewers and I find the packaging very cute. I haven't had a problem getting the product out with the wand. This is absolutely holy grail material. I will repurchase because I never intend to be without this.

on 3/17/2006 5:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

With oily lids that I have, I had to do all those crazy, time consuming things to try to preserve e/s in place for at least 2 hours! The best result I have ever gotten was with Mac Bare Paints, but even that creased after a while. I couldn't wear any creme e/s, and I loved their texture and vibrancy so much!
I bought the potion without much hope and was surprised at the small size of it. I hope UD will make it bigger and more accesible, maybe, squeezable, instead of wand. That day was a success, and I could not believe how fresh and accurate my e/s looked at the end of it. I tried it with creme and powder e/s, and it works equally well. I would say that creme is preferable, because the potion is drying quite fast and is a bit hard to blend on, but makes a perfect neutral base on its own, too. I definately would buy it again. Thanks, Smiles4c!

Video Reviews & Tutorials