July 26, 2014 | 1017 users online

Eye Primer - Urban Decay - Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original (UDPP)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2005 6:31:00 PM More reviews by blueaygi

I absolutely need a primer before i put on eye shadow because of my oily lids. when i first opened the tube i was surprised to find that the primer potion is VERY creamy and thick. i didn't think it would make my eye shadow last for longer than 2 hours. i was pleasantly surprised to find that my eye shadow last all day with no sign of fading.a little bit of it goes a long way. i'll be purchasing this from now on intead of the concealer from Elizabeth Arden that i used before.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2005 4:25:00 PM More reviews by spamela74

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I long ignored eye shadow before discovering this product. My eyelids are dark and oily, nothing showed up on them. Now that I've found it, I can't remember making up without it. This primer truly holds eyeshadow forever and intensifies it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2005 11:54:00 PM More reviews by vampsandtramps

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

What else can I say? My eyeshadow did not crease, all day long, which has never happened before. I love this above all other primers because it doesn't muddy the e/s color (are you listening Paula Dorf?) It's invisible on the lids but the difference is amazing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2005 9:28:00 PM More reviews by Kirstie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Well, I have to add to the raves for this product. It really does make my shadow last longer and apply more evenly. I must say that I do hate the tacky packaging (it reminds me of a Barbie accessory of some sort) and it feels as though there is not much productin the tube, but time will tell. I did have to figure out the application a bit. For me, it works better if I sponge a bit onto my lids and then pat it out with my finger. I also use it on my lower lash line to keep my eyeliner from smudging there...

rated 3 of 5 on 4/9/2005 6:04:00 PM More reviews by GemS

*Sigh* Unfortunately I'm not going to be able to add to all the other raves for this primer. After reading all the rave reviews, I was hoping this would be THE miracle product for crease-free eyeshadows on my super oily eyelids. Sadly, my e/s still crease with this stuff. Now, it's not all bad. The Primer Potion does allow e/s too glide on very smoothly and intensifies the colour. My eyeshadows also stay on longer, but alas, I still get the ugly creases after a few hours. I have tried just about everything but nothing works. Buying the Primer Potion is actually quite an investment for me since I almost never buy high-end or department store products. This was really my last resort and I've pretty much given up on wearing e/s. I hope this doesn't discourage others who want to try out this primer though. I just think I have oilier eyelids than anyone else and the problem could also be due to the shape of my eyelids -- asian with very slight double lids, but the fold is very close to the lashline so everything kind of smudges together.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2005 3:12:00 AM More reviews by funkypeach1

This stuff rocks!
I have super oily eye lids. I put spend so much time putting eye makeup on to have it disappear and crease an hour later... I read some reviews on this stuff, so I tried it. My eye makeup stayed on from morning to night. Awesome awesome. Definitely will be one of my staple items that i always use.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2005 7:56:00 AM More reviews by mhotho

I live in New Orleans where it is very humid. Plus I have oily lids, but Urban Decay eye primer works wonders at keeping my shadow perfectly in place all day. It comes in a tube which is convenient for travel. Not sure how long the product will last, but I will buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2005 2:02:00 PM More reviews by miss_antiworld

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This stuff works wonders! It makes my e/s much more intense and it lasts perfectly all day! I love the packagin too, the only minor complaint is that there could be more product in the bottle. Definitely a must have.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2005 6:56:00 PM More reviews by FameTrash

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this. For some reason, a ton of eye shadows fade on me within minutes - and I don't even have oily lids. With this, my eyes look fantastic for hours - no creasing.

There's not much in the bottle and the packaging is terrible, but it's the only base that works for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2005 1:55:00 AM More reviews by tinuvielberen

Another rave: I used to use Alexadra de Markoff Disguise for Eyes, which used to dry up towards the end of the jar. A sales associate at Sephora directed me to Urban Decay's Primer Potion, and I am sincerely grateful! I've no problem with the packaging or applicator. It sweeps onto the eyelid neatly and dries quickly. Then apply eyeshadow--and it's there. No creasing. Wonderful, wonderful stuff.