December 19, 2014 | 855 users online

Eye Primer - Urban Decay - Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original (UDPP)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2005 6:23:00 PM More reviews by NYtherapistt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this little miracle worker. I have always been plagued by creasing. We're talking looking as though I've drawn a line in the middle of my eyelid type of creasing. This has COMPLETELY corrected that issue for me. I dab a tiny bit on each lid and then gently smooth over it with my fingertip.

I've found it somewhat difficult to blend my shadows b/s the PP holds so well. I've corrected this problem by sweeping a layer of BE's Well Rested over my lids once the primer dries (about 10 seconds). I then apply my eye shadow and it does not budge!

I do think it's over-priced for the amount of product you get. I dislike the packaging because, though cute, it's not practical. I'll lose a lot of the product because there is simply no way for me to get into this Genie-like tube.

Despite those 2 issues, I'll be repurchasing for eternity, with the hopes that they'll alter the packaging.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2005 11:13:00 AM More reviews by Sassyrred

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I finally found a tube at Ulta! I had tried 2 local Sephora's and they were sold out and Nordies was sold out, it wasn't looking good! The only eyebase that was working for me was MAC paints until now. The UD primer definitely holds my eyeshadow longer than the paints, not to say the paints don't do a great job because they do! but I definitely find I can not blend my eyeshadow as well with UD. I suspect because of the dryness of the product.

I gave this a 3 for price because compared to the paints it is high for the amount you get and I gave it a 2 for packaging because I think the design is flawed as you lose the product at the top rim when you remove it. I tried removing the ring at that top (which one should not have to do to get product out) to get more product out but wasn't successful. I think they need to redesign the packaging. It looks cute but not practical for getting the product out of the tube. I would repurchase because my lids are a tough customer to satisfy, but I probably with rotate my paints with this primer to get more bang for my buck.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2005 6:25:00 PM More reviews by Tahari

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love Urgan Decay's eyeshadow, and this little miracle just makes it more appealing! :p It does what it says it does. My eyeshadow stays put and only soap and water will get it off! Even when I wear Midnight Cowboy (super sparkely btw) the sparkles don't fall off or get in my eye or anything! This is a great product to own.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2005 11:42:00 AM More reviews by Maria25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am so greatful that I found this product. I at first tried Lumene eye base and it irritated my eyes so badly that i couldn't wear makeup for weeks. I placed the blame on my pigments, but that wasn't it, it was the Lumene. Anyway, i gave UDPP a try on a whim, and I am so glad that i did. I put this on in the morning and my e/s or pigments last the whole day. The true test was a day i put this on at 5am, then followed with e/s and pigment, and it stayed on in FULL until at least 10:30 that night. I will buy this again and again. Oh, and speaking of, there is a ton of product in that little container. I have had it for at least 4 months and still have a ton left, so even though its a bit pricey, it does last and is worth every penny.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2005 8:40:00 AM More reviews by LeighS

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Yes, it makes eyeshadow last all day but it doesn't create a nice blank canvas on the eyelids as it is transparent. I need something to cover the purplish colouring on my lids. Also, it makes the eyelids look horribly dry and crepey. I much prefer Laura Mercier Eye Basics in Linen.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/26/2005 4:06:00 PM More reviews by prinzessin784

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Cute packaging, but honestly this didn't do anything for me. I actually had more creasing than I get when I use MAC paints as a base and the color was too yellowy on my skin and looked sallow and sickly. Definitely not worth the price for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2005 10:35:00 AM More reviews by karinmun

This is it! UD eyeshadow primer potion is a flesh colored primer, that blends easily. You only have to use a little amount of this product. It evens out the skin, and really makes your eyeshadow stay put!
I line my eyes with eyeshadow, and usually my eyeshadow creases like mad after one hour in the small skin creases on my lower lid and because I have hooded eyes, the eyeshadow along the lashline ends up above my crease. But these problems stopped when I used this product.
I have tried MAC stilife paint but it was too shimmery for a neutral daytime look and it still creased after 4 hours. My inner corners of my eyes are oily and the oil mixed up with the stilife paint became a gross whitish fluid substance on the inner corners of my eyes.
The primer potion does what it says and makes your eyeshadow stay put for hours, like freshly applied makeup. I apply a thin amount on my lids till above the crease and on my lower eyelid. I also applied it on my sparse eyebrows, filled my eyebrows in with pencil and brow powder and my brows really stayed put! Usually the skin oils make my drawn in brows look greasy and make it look even more unnatural (there's no way to make what's not there look like it's natural). But with the primer potion my brows stay matte looking and will probably photograph better. I've seen horrible photographs of myself, where because the shinyness of my skin, the brows don't show up. This product will probably put an end to these problems.
The packaging is cute, but probably impractical, like other reviewers said. I don't see how I can use this product all up with such an oddly shaped package. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2005 5:10:00 PM More reviews by dvuelta

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I previously used a product by Ultima II. I was not happy with this product although I had used it for years. I did some research and found Primer Potion. This is the best product I have ever used. I live in the HOT and HUMID South and I have oily eye lids, this product has stood up to these demands. I would highly recommend this product. Also, I purchased this through Sephora. Their service was outstanding. I ordered on a Monday afternoon and I had the product on Wednesday.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2005 1:49:00 AM More reviews by hiyashinsu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff. Makes my eyelids into a nice, smooth surface. Shadow goes on smoother, more evenly, and the color stays truer. I even took a nap, just to see if the shadow would fade from my face rubbing against the pillow. It didn't! Looked just as fresh as when I first applied it. The texture of this stuff is also so smooth. It is SO easy to blend. I don't mind about the packaging, either. It's cute, and I love that there's an applicator. I don't have to use a separate brush! I just dot some on my eyelid, and then blend with a finger. I'll definitely buy this again. I can see why it's so hard to find at stores. It's a must-have! Of all the eyeshadow bases I've tried, this one is the absolute best. UD would be foolish to discontinue it, so let's hope they never do.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2005 12:54:00 AM More reviews by Kiwikava

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My search for a primer to stop oily eyelids has ended here! This product is truly amazing and makes my eyeshadow stay on for hours without even a hint of fading or creasing. It's absolutely unbelievable. Nothing else I've tried (Lancome, MAC, Laura Mercier, Clinique, L'Oreal, BeneFit) comes even close. The other stuff slid right off after a few hours, but with this Primer Potion I don't even have to worry. No matter how I apply it or whatever weather I happen to be in, without fail, it lasts and lasts. This is, hands down, one of the best purchases I have ever made. Total HG. Cannot rave enough.