Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 3/8/2006 10:21:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Wowee! I would have to say that in some ways, this primer works too well! The 1st time I used it was with Paula Dorf e/s in Safari. Without a primer, the e/s would migrate to my crease by lunchtime. However, when I applied the e/s to my primed lids, it really stuck! It stuck so much that I had trouble blending. After a lot of extra blending with a sponge, I got the look I wanted and it stayed put all day long. I prime my lids 10 minutes before applying e/s, let it dry, and then get to work with the e/s. The "drawback" is that it takes me extra time to get the look I want, but in the end, it is completely worth it. When you see the results you'll never want to be without it. Color looks vibrant and fresh all day - in fact, it makes cheaper drug store brands look like highly pigmented fancy brands. How did I get along without this product. Amazing!!!!

on 3/7/2006 8:27:00 PM

this is the perfect product. i used it one night when i applied lots of e/s for a rock concert. after a full night of drinking, sweating, & dancing, my e/s still looked perfect. i have a pretty pronounced crease, so the fact that my shadow didn't ball up or slide off was very impressive to me. believe the hype! this is a great product. i would buy it again en masse.

on 3/6/2006 10:29:00 PM

I was tired of using my foundation as a base. So based on the reviews here and everywhere else, I gave in! I LOVE THIS!!!!!!. IT HONESTLY does make my e/s more vibrant and really does keep it from creasing. This is no gimick. The packaging is so cute too.

on 3/6/2006 5:04:00 PM

I love, love, love this! I hadn't used eyeshadow primer before this, but i figured I should try something to keep my shadows from creasing. I got this based on the recs here, and I'm really glad I did! This stuff is like IRON. Take, for example, my new NARS shadow duo. Without a base, they last a max of about three hours on me. I put this on underneath them yesterday, and the colors were still vibrant through school, basketball practice, and a shower. Even after that, I still had to scrub to get the stuff off. The applicator is way inconvenient, but i'm willing ot overlook for the non-creasing results i get :) I'll buy again till they don't make it any more.

on 3/6/2006 4:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is HG status. I apply it at 7am and lasted through 9pm, with no creasing. I love PP more than MACís paint in bare canvas, the paints never lasted more than 3-4 hours. I havenít gotten used to the ligloss type applicator included in the ugly Genie Type bottle. With all the imperfections Iím definitely repurchasing it when ever I run out. This is a must have in everyoneís MU stash.

*update 12-13-06* This is for sure the best thing in my MU "safe"! The wand applicator still stinks but I got over it and now apply with my fingers. Been using this product everyday since the day I first bought it and still has plenty left. I have noticed that its a bit "thicker" but still holds on MU like no other!

So its now Feb. 20, 2007 and its finally completely done! I love this :D
continued >>

on 3/5/2006 11:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

My extremely oily lids have never had it this good. I tried so many others brands, including Laura Mercier, Benefit's FYE, Loreal, You name it, I've tried it. None of them worked for me. I thought I was doomed to walk around with oily, dark lids (from the mascara touching the greasy lids). I see why they packaged it in a genie bottle: it's magic and a miracle! And I actually do not wear eyeshadow. I brush it on and my lids look highlighted, like a young child's. But most important it controls the oil all day. UNBELIEVEABLE!

on 3/5/2006 3:09:00 PM

MUA-ers are always right. You can count on the fact that when a product sweeps the makeup board by storm, it really is an amazing product. I was just putting up with my eyeshadow creasing, then I started wearing more loose mineral eyeshadows with no binders. These things do not last on me at all, so I was forced to look at primers. So, of course, with all the raves for UD PP (yep, it gets its own acronym on the MU board), I had to try it. Yes, it is amazing, and I have started wearing it daily. It keeps those loose mineral eyeshadows put, as well as any regular pressed eyeshadows as well. I kinda wish the tube was not opaque though; it would be nice to see how much is left in the container. That's the only thing I can think to complain about. Great product.

on 3/5/2006 10:23:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I'll admit I was hesitant to buy this primer b/c I had purchased Benefits FyEye which the SA at Macys swore her eyeshow stayed on all day b/c of it. Not true for me. Anyhoo, got tired of putting on e/s only to see that two hours later it was creased/ or that it seemed as if I didn't put any at all. However, after applying UD PP at 9a.m. and applying my e/s I was SOOOOOOOOO psyched to see that at 11:30pm my eye make up was still on as if I had just done them! LOVE THIS.

on 2/28/2006 6:08:00 PM

I actually didn't think I really had a problem with my shadow shedding off through out the day,....but when I saw all these positive reviews on this product, I had to go out and buy the stuff just to check out what the hype is all about. Well, guess what...I guess I did have a problem with my shadow coming off little by little as the day went on...cuz I just went to the bathroom (at work right now - it's 3:00PM) and I looked in the mirror and it's as if I just put on my makeup. I've had my makeup on since 7:30 AM and my eyes STILL look really good. By this time of day I look all drawn out and tired...but nope...I look gooooooood. LOL! Even if you don't think you need this stuff, you're going to notice that you wish you tried it. Definately a good buy!

Also, just purchased the Smashbox Primer Photofinish too....no wonder I look so damn good..all this great stuff. (I am just hoping I don't start breaking out with the Smashbox primer...I heard after a week, it's possible to have a terrible outlay of pimples and breakout.)

on 2/27/2006 11:37:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

OMG! This stuff is awesome!! I have been searching for an eye makeup primer for years. One that actually works that is. This is my HG! I put it on in the morning, and it keeps my eye makeup bright, fresh looking, and crease-free. What more could you ask?

Video Reviews & Tutorials