April 19, 2014 | 1874 users online

Eye Primer - Urban Decay - Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original (UDPP)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2005 4:56:00 PM More reviews by metaldog32

Yep..I am afflicted with oily lids. Yep...I USED to use F.Y.Eye from Benefit..but didn't like it that much. Switched to BB shadestick in a neutral shade...it was a tad bit lighter than my olive coloring but if I blended it out I could get a bit more mileage with my shadows...however it wasn't always a success...

Up until recently....of course I am a MAC fanatic...of course I read about the UD Primer Potion...

I try not one, not two, but THREE Sephora stores...in NYC..nobody has it!!!! In desperation..I grab a MAC shadestick in Shimmersand..the mua SWORE it wouldn't crease...what happened??? It creased.

So.finally..on my 4th Sephora store..I emerge triumphant. Finally got the baby home...and then next day tried it. Now..I have tried it alongside my shadestick from MAC. MAC shadesticks work pretty darn good...but not as good as UD Primer Potion. Even the highly regarded MAC paint works well..but still not as good as UD.

I am very, very, VERY grateful that UD has put this product out..you have a customer for life...now all I have to do is find a couple more for backups..the THINGS we do for beauty!!!! LOL...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2005 7:42:00 PM More reviews by skkelber

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Wow. I have seriously tried every primer I could get my hands on to little avail. My skin is dry, but the lids, they are a-oilin', and nothing stays on. I had seen raves for products that had totally failed me (Benefit FYEye among them), so I wasn't convinced this was going to work. BUT IT DOES! I lurve it. Shadows stay put. They don't change color. They don't crease. This is amazing stuff. And I think the packaging is awfully cute.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2005 3:19:00 AM More reviews by fairladyluvs2shop

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Am on my second bottle. This stuff works all day on my oily skin. Makes both my expensive and cheaper shadows stay put for up to 10-12 hours (sometimes longer). Rarely have to touch-up my eyeshadow at the end of the day if I am going out that evening!! Lasted me about 3 months w/daily use. Could be more in the bottle considering the price. However, I get more use out of my cheaper eyeshadows now so that helps to balance out the cost.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2005 11:08:00 PM More reviews by midnightlouise

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Great product that really lives up to the hype! I have oily lids and I have never had a problem with creasing e/s when wearing this base. Love the cute little genie bottle, too! I will repurchase this as long as they make it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2005 6:01:00 PM More reviews by gina66

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is definitely an HG product for me. After trying other eye shadow bases, this was the only one that held up. I had no creases on my super oily lids. I was amazed, so I immediately purchased a spare.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2005 5:44:00 PM More reviews by CLLemery

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

If I were to marry an eyeshadow base, this would be it! I love it so much I have already written 3 seperate posts for everyone to go out & buy it! I never used to wear eyeshadow because it was always sliding off! True test: Lasted 8am-8pm - EVEN THRU a spin class!! My ever oily eyelids have finally met their match! Go buy it NOW!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2005 9:05:00 AM More reviews by joey_zane

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

After finding that most of my eyeshadows tended to be creased my mid afternoon this product appeared to be what I had been looking for. After just one try with it I have to say that it is fabulous: it holds colour onto my lid perfectly and also seems to make the colours brighter :)

rated 2 of 5 on 2/16/2005 5:49:00 PM More reviews by evergreenmakeupluver

Afer a few months of using this product I have noticed that my eye lids are dry and I've got these patches of flaky skin underneath my eyebrow (which I NEVER had before, as my eyelids are sort of oily). I have also noticed that this product makes blending eyeshadows together somewhat difficult. Probably won't re-purchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2005 12:38:00 AM More reviews by dudeybave

I just got this from Sephora after months of waiting. I thought this was going to be my eyeshadow miracle! Although it made my eyeshadow stay on longer, it gave me crepey old lady eyes! Also, i found it really hard to blend in my shadow, so it looked like I had harsher edges. I´m sending it back!

*update* Another MUAér emailed me with a tip with the application with this product. She told me that it only took the tiniest amount on your eyelid to work perfectly. She was so right. I ended up not sending it back, and I really loved it. If you only use a small amount, your eyeshadow will blend beautifully and stay true to color a long while. *

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2005 8:37:00 PM More reviews by eddiev

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Wow, I finally found my HG eyeshadow primer. I have extremely oily skin and my eyeshadow would always melt away after a few hours. Not anymore! This primer really works and I have tried them all. At $14.00 it is a steal. My only complaint is the packaging. It is extremely hard to get all of the product out and you have no idea how much product is left. It must be working for others because by the time I realized I was "scraping the bottom", I went to order more (on line from Sephora and Urban Decay) it was out of stock. It took several months before I was actually able to purchase more and I got two!! It is by far the best primer I have found.