MAC Paint Pot in Painterly

4.3

Isodocecane, dimethicone, polyethylene, hydrogenated polyisobutene, quaternium-90 bentonite, dimethicone silylate, octyldodecanol, silica, trihydroxystearin, retinyl palmitate, tocopheryl acetate, lecithin, carnauba wax, propylene carbonate, triethoxycaprylylsilane. May contain: mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, bismuth oxychloride, blue 1 lake, carmine, chromium hydroxide green, chromium oxide greens ferric ferroxyanide, manganese violet, ultramarines, yellow 5 lake.

on 6/17/2010 7:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

Um I don't know if I got a bad one or what, but I have normal lids. Not dry or oily. But this....this is soo hard to use. Even after I warmed the pot up, it dragged across my lids, difficult to blend. It is NOT creamy at all. I used my fingers, concealer brush, eyeshadow brush but all the applications look terrible. Idk why it's soo drying. I'm going to try it with a moisturizer underneath or a liquid/cream primer underneath but it kind of defeats the point of buying this. Sigh very dissapointed in this product. Not creamy AT ALL.

on 6/14/2010 7:40:00 PM

I admit, there's not much that I don't like from MAC (besides the prices). I really like Painterly Paint Pot because it's something I can use everyday and it does it's job. I try to be very careful, not to leave the cap off for very long, because I have heard that they dry out fairly fast. I've had it for almost a year if not longer, and I've barely made a dent in it. This product looks like it's going to last me forever! It's easy to apply, whether you use your finger or a brush, and my shadows appear darker and I never have a problem with creasing. Painterly is a nice shade if you're going for a nude or everyday look. Since I use and enjoy this paint pot so much, I will most definitely be looking into other shades.

on 6/8/2010 8:45:00 AM

This is my HG eye primer. It holds my eye shadow all day! It also brightens up my eyes. Some people have problems with this product such as cracking, creasing etc but this paint pot works amazingly on me. I use this everyday, I feel so odd if I forget to put it on, and my eye shadow definitely doesn't last as long.

on 6/8/2010 8:02:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Absolutely HG. Cannot live without it. I use it every single day, whether or not I wear eyeshadow. If I do decide to use ES, it holds onto the color very well and if I don't, it provides a smooth and even base for eyeliner.

This is one of the few things I use EVERY SINGLE DAY!

on 6/5/2010 5:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this because UDPP wasn't working for me anymore (did they change their formula??) I used it before I went to work, and it lasted well over 10 hours. It doesn't last more than 18 hrs though. I still like it way better than NYX's eyeshadow base, UDPP, and Too-faced's Eyeshadow Insurance. Plus this paint pot lasts a long while.

on 6/4/2010 7:40:00 PM

Eh. I'm on the fence about it. My eyeshadow does last but I feel like my Nyx pencil in milk can do the same job at more then 1/4 of the price.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

I honestly wanted to love this product. After wanting this for ages I finally decided to buy it. And boy, am I dissapointed! I wanted to use this as an eyeshadowbase. I'm not going to give long explanations on the texture and yadayadah, I'm just going to keep it short by saying that this product did NOT keep my eyeshadow in place at all! The cheap base i was using before this which only cost me 2 euros instead of freaking 15 did a MUCH better job at keeping everything in place! Returning this asap, i've never been so dissapointed in MAC.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

i use this every day. even if im wearing minimal makeup ill still wear this because i like how it evens out my eyelids. never using any other eyeshadow primers either, this stuff hold eyeshadow forever. this is a must mac purchase. i really dont know how i lived without this

on 6/4/2010 12:17:00 AM

IVE REPURCHASED THIS PRODUCT COUNTLESS TIMES IT A MUST FOR ME AND IT GOES FINE WITH EVERY SHADOW IT HAS NEVER CREASED ON ME AND IT IS THE BEST !

on 6/3/2010 2:11:00 PM

Painterly Paint Pot, oh how I love you. I wish I had discovered this little gem years ago. I have oily eye lids and have pretty good luck with UDPP. Primer plus Painterly, or just Painterly on it's own make my shadows stick for hours with very little creasing. It's a perfect match for my skin. It feels soft going on and blends easily, and shadows glide over it smoothly.I truly thought with my oily lids that I could never wear cream shadows but this one is amazing.