MAC Paint Pot in Painterly

Isodocecane, dimethicone, polyethylene, hydrogenated polyisobutene, quaternium-90 bentonite, dimethicone silylate, octyldodecanol, silica, trihydroxystearin, retinyl palmitate, tocopheryl acetate, lecithin, carnauba wax, propylene carbonate, triethoxycaprylylsilane. May contain: mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, bismuth oxychloride, blue 1 lake, carmine, chromium hydroxide green, chromium oxide greens ferric ferroxyanide, manganese violet, ultramarines, yellow 5 lake.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This was the first MAC product I bought about a year ago and I initially bought it as a primer to help prevent creasing because the MAC m.a. told me it would do that, and it definitely didn't. This paint pot creased after about two or three hours for me.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I do like this product. I use it as an eyeshadow base and it does the job. It does give the same colour to the eyelid which is perfect to have the eyelid as a canvas. However I do feel like it "takes off" all the shimmer from the frost and shimmer eyeshadows, it gives a very matte finish. But have to say I love it with matte eyeshadows and the texture is lovely.

on 7/30/2010 10:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I am NC 25. This does have a pink tint to it. I have had it a year and as many have noted it has dried up but I put a lighter to it or a match and am able to manipulate it and spread on my eyelid. It is creamy and thick and brightens the eyelid. I do not notice any creasing and like it as a base for eyeshadow; however, I don't have oily lids.

on 7/26/2010 10:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I use this as an eyeshadow base/primer. I don't wear e/s often, but when I do, its usually loose dusts or pigments. I find that this helps the pigment adhere better, last longer and makes the colour pop. I might try Bare Study when I repurchase, as I find Painterly is just a wee bit on the pink side for my skintone. It has a tendency to dry out if you don't close it properly, so be very meticulous about that. It is also a little bit more difficult to apply, but this is possibly because it has a matte formula.

on 7/26/2010 4:57:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hmm, I had heard rave reviews about this as a base and so bought it for that purpose. Pretty disappointed with that.

Definitely doesn't stop creasing but does keep the colour on.

It is a beautiful colour and I really like the packaging, such a cute little pot. To me it is too heavy to be applied well with a brush and fingers seem to be the only thing that can properly smooth it onto the eyelids. I might try other colours, but this time I wasn't too happy with it, perhaps my expectations for it as a base were unrealistic, not sure. But still, I feel their are cream shadows with a much nicer consistency and finish out there.

Don't believe the hype. Make sure to try it out first.

on 7/25/2010 3:36:00 PM

This is an awesome primer for eyeshadow. I am an NC20 and this pretty much matches my complexion perfectly. A little bit goes a long way. The only problem is if you get a little heavy handed it can look a bit cakey. Other than that, it's great stuff!

on 7/25/2010 2:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I love using it as a base for shadow application. It holds eye shadow very well and no creasing or fading! I've never used it as a shadow alone though, seems to pale. A must have in my make-up kit.

on 7/24/2010 8:04:00 PM

Love this! A few things, my paint pots have never creased on me! [Rubenesque and Painterly], even without primer underneath. The color pay off on Painterly is great! It doesn't match my skin tone, it is far too light. But I could see how it could blank out any redness or veining on lighter skin tones. I pretty much use this every day as a base. It transforms colors beautifully. I apply Woodwinked eyeshadow over top, and it transforms it into a beautiful lighter golden color. Painterly is like UDPP except pigmented opposed to sheer. The packaging is sleek, like most MAC packaging is. I think it is definitely worth the $16.00.

on 7/24/2010 12:38:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

i have oily lids my es usually creases really bad n my eye liner smears too! after using this product my es stays on alllll day without budging! even if i go out clubing my es is the only thing still on at the end of the night! and i sweat alot! :( plus it makes es really pop! love this product! i never put es on with out it!

i have used primer potion as well... not even comparable to paint pots!

on 7/22/2010 12:06:00 PM

I use this as a base, I always use this first before I apply eyeshadow. When I apply eye shadow on it, it looks much more pigmented ! It stays for a long time on your eye too! I love it !!