Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

3.5

Water, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Acrylates/Steareth-20 Methacrylate Copolymer(thickening agent), Glycerin, PEG-200 Hydrogenated Glyceryl Palmate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Butylene Glycol(preservative, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Phenoxyethanol, Masking Fragrance, Panthenol, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben.

on 4/17/2009 12:28:00 AM

It's great value if your face can tolerate this cleanser. You get a lot of it and it's pretty cheap in the first place. Let me preface this review by saying most things don't irritate my skin. I've used every drug store cleanser out there, and this was the only one that managed to scab over my entire face. After two uses, my entire face was covered in dead, dry, flaky, itchy, red skin. It stings going on and has incredible oil sapping power. Unless your face is a Texas oil pump, do NOT use this! I started using this as a body wash and it even managed to break my legs out. I couldn't find a use for it so I finally threw the mostly full bottle out. I'm staying as far away from this as I can!

on 4/12/2009 11:34:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I like this product as a cleanser. I don't use it daily though because I don't want to overdry my skin. The product isn't drying and it works well for my oily skin. I mainly use it on my t-zone though. I also like the packaging! It's cute and convenient =D

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I grabbed this on accident instead of the gentle cleanser and it stung so bad! I am on several acne medications so my skin is really sensitive and dry at the moment and this made it so much more dry and irritated! For skin like mine the gentle cleanser is sooo much better.

on 3/28/2009 11:37:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Love this cleanser. Good for oily skin. It is clear runny liquid cleanser. This is comparable to Clinique cleanser for oily skin but cheaper. Washes off make up and dirt well. Feels cleaned and comfortable after washing. It's a good to start for oily blemish prone skin.

on 3/25/2009 5:44:00 PM

love this cleanser! I have combi/sensitive skin. for a few years now I have been using philosophy purity. I would buy the large bottle from qc and have it in my shower and put it in other bottles for my gym bag and travel bag. Recently mine got over and when I went to buy it I read reviews that they have changed the formula and the new one is not good. so my quest for another cleanser started again. I read a review of this and decided to try it. I like it a lot so far. it gets most of my makeup off, the day I put on more I will use a wet wipe and remove it and then wash my face. it has not broken me out or given my any other problem. definitely a keeper. plus I love the pump bottle and the price.

on 3/22/2009 12:05:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

What can I say? Gets all my makeup off and gets my skin clean without stripping it. My skin has significantly improved after using this. I've used a lot of higher end cleansers and this one actually turned out to work the best for me. For the money, this product works pretty darn well.

on 3/20/2009 4:17:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I always find myself returning to Cetaphil. It's worked on me before, so now that I started breaking out again and getting little bumps on my face.. I ran to Cetaphil. I will always love this product, it's mild, non-drying. My skin is still not the best, but it has felt and looked better compared to the past few months. I'm almost out of this product, and I just bought an Aveeno Clear Complexion Cleansing Bar to try out. So we'll see how they compare. If anything goes wrong, you'll know I'll be running back to Cetaphil.

on 3/14/2009 5:03:00 AM

I've always wanted to try this cleanser. since my dermatologist recommended it. For the longest time i've been using Spectrojel and i was very please w. it.. but i just wanted to try something new. I bought this at Target for $8.99 so it too pricey. The only 2 things i don't like about this cleanser is that the consistency is very runny. I wish i was more viscous. Secondly i didn't like the scent.

on 3/12/2009 7:21:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I always come back to this cleanser. It helps with break outs and gets rid of shine and makeup. It cleans really well!

WOW!
lol...
I am using this per my dermatologist who recommend I use while I undergo a hardcore prescripton ritual.
I usually use high-end skincare...and am used to getting nice packaging and pretty boxes...this packaging is hideous! lol...
But I must say, the product is great! It smells good, it totally stripped my makeup, it left my face feeling clean but not over-dry. I do like the fact it's a pump bottle...AND it's SUPER cheap. awesome!
Maybe I'll buy a pretty bottle and put it in there...lol...it's so nice!