December 18, 2014 | 1656 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2009 1:54:00 PM More reviews by raynie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I thought it was a pretty good and gentle cleanser at the first several times i used it. It was really gentle and smells good and didnt give me any irritation. however, i found that it really enlarge my pores after usingit. No kidding. It did! I've been using olay gentle face washing for a long time and that works pretty good. I bought cetaphil one because i wanted to see if there is another cleanser which will be better. and it is horrible. who wants a cleanser to enlarge their pores?? gosh, wont use it anymore definitely.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2009 9:55:00 PM More reviews by BelleDeCrecy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use Retin-A, and I found that this cleanser stings my face. I prefer the "gentle" version, though even that also sometimes stings my sensitive skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/26/2009 11:35:00 AM More reviews by sonu12

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

so i just started to use this product its been ok it feels like i still have soap on my face but i still do wash it again with dessert essance tea tree after just to feel fresh but my face does not get/feel dry at all but so far its been ok..

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2009 9:55:00 PM More reviews by isabelheitmeier

I was so troubled by ance at one point I need to see a professional dermatologist. They prescribe several skin care products for me and Cetaphil Normal to Oily Skin Cleanser is one of it.

It's very mild that it won't dry out your skin and at the same time keep you from shinny face.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2009 12:26:00 PM More reviews by bellamare

I have used this stuff for a couple of years and I love it. It cleans fairly well and is very easy to use. I love the pump action, makes washing my face at night all the quicker. I wouldn't say that it deep cleans, but it does a thorough job of removing my makeup. Doesn't dry out my skin and leaves me feeling clean!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2009 8:26:00 AM More reviews by niuniu

This is probably one of the most inexpensive cleansers but still gets the job done. I would usually use DHC deep cleansing oil to remove all my makeup since I don't trust a cleanser can remove makeup and get my face clean. However, DHC will always leave a bit of oily residue on my face. So this is the perfect cleanser to get rid of the residue without leaving my face dry. I have combination skin that is a little on the dry side. This cleanser never dries out my face but I will probably try the one for normal to dry skin in the future, since I like to try everything out. But this one will probably last me a while since the bottle is huge!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2009 2:25:00 AM More reviews by PaleBrunette

I bought this on accident, I meant to get original Cetaphil. I decided to try it anyway. First impression was that it was too harsh for my sensitive skin, so I wasn't thrilled. However, this does remove makeup better than the original formula. I think it will be something I could use seasonally as well. This might prove to be a humid oily-season product. I will continue to use the original formula until then. This summer I will update.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/22/2009 5:58:00 PM More reviews by Auburnsarcasm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This was a so-so product. Disadvantages: dried out my sensitive/oily/acne-prone skin, strong smell, doesn't remove makeup (but I always use an oil-based make-up remover anyway). Advantages: cheap, lasts a long time, a good, generic cleanser for those who don't have skin issues.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/13/2009 8:40:00 AM More reviews by linseyp

Well I made a mistake purchasing this - I meant to get the regular Cethaphil for my dry and now turning sensitive skin. Lesson learned- READ LABELS! This stuff immediately burned when I applied to my wet face. Stinging, irritating... I could not get it off fast enough. I thought Cethaphil was supposed to be gentle, but apparently not all of it is, for me anyway. Definitely taking it back since I had a reaction to it, but I also just hate the smell - too strong and yucky powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2009 2:33:00 PM More reviews by arahitah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is pretty great. I do remember feeling a film the first time I used it--don't ask why--but I haven't had that problem since the first or second time I've tried it. It leaves my skin feeling soft, smooth, and moisturized without it being greasy. If you use it to remove make-up, though, you'll want to invest in a good toner to use a few times a week. It's also gentle enough to use twice a day without my skin developing a tolerance to it. Absolutely love it!