April 16, 2014 | 1916 users online

Lip Treatments - Maybelline - Baby Lips Lip Balm

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2012 3:19:00 PM More reviews by MandyLeigh

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am reviewing the tubes that are like lipsticks with a clear plastic cover, not a small cap.

I have a couple of these but I like #15 Cherry the best. It smells yummy. It gives my lips a bit of color and it doesn't come off as easy as I thought it would even when eating or drinking. It performed better then the much more expensive product that had just flopped on me. I have noticed with continued use in the past week my lips are in much better shape too.

I would like to note that this product or at least some of them say right on the package that it has a long lasting moisture wear. Something crazy like 18 hours. Whatever is used to keep this moisture is what I think might be weirding a lot of people out or making them feel dry or gritty.

I have a tube of stuff specifically for extreme dryness and extended long life moisture wear. It has a special oil in it that can be mistaken for a dry feeling and even grittiness at first. I swear I feel it in this too. You may mistake your lips for being dry when really the oil had sunk in or left a moisture barrier that feels weird. Again they both feel a lot like each other and both promise a huge amount of moisture time.

So in a nut shell people (me too!) expect what they see, the yummy smelling lip balm but the extended moisture product used makes it feel a little strange and may be a turn off. Personally I like it becuase it not only keeps moisture (in a weird way) on my lips it seems to help keep the color on.

I just had ONE of the Sugar Fresh colors flop on me(reviewed that too), it promises much of the same thing as this and I purchased the Baby Lips to tide me over until I returned the other and got a replacement. I twisted both of them all the way to show all the product. The Baby Lips had more product then the much more expensive Sugar Fresh color. So you get a good value, it will last a long time, it keeps the moisture on your lips and gives you some color. For the price it's certainly a good product.

If you are not used to the extended moisture weird feeling...thing, it may be a turn off.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/24/2012 1:00:00 AM More reviews by ZackAttackGrawr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really don't get the hype of this product. All it did was make my lips feel grainy. It tastes good, but really, who buys a lip balm for solely the taste? Burt's Bee's is around the same price range, tastes better and actually moisturizes my lips! I was really dissapointed.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2012 10:37:00 PM More reviews by lucakerberos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

My favorite thing about this product is the fact that the balm doesn't taste bad, and it doesn't smell bad. It keeps my lips soft for a long time, however once it comes off my lips dry out really quickly. Occasionally it will also flake off right after I apply it if I apply too much at once. The packaging is also nice and makes it easy to apply. It's a nice matte lip balm that moisturizes and according to my boyfriend it also tastes quite good!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/22/2012 12:27:00 PM More reviews by ayoochristaaa14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

To be honest at first when i bought this product i really liked it because it had colorful and nice packaging but this lip balm makes my lips dryer than they need to be. It's always chapped because of this and now i have this uncomfortable rash on the sides of my mouth. So no satisfied with this. I would recommend Nivea Smoothness, that stuff is awesome.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2012 5:42:00 AM More reviews by alexiipalexii

I love these lip balms, they look so natural, they're shiny with a hint of colour, they make your lips so soft, I have the green/blue one which is mint i think, it didnt say on the packaging and i have the pink/silver, they are great, definitely recommend. Am giving it 4 stars because it does wear off quickly but for me it's not a problem.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2012 6:23:00 PM More reviews by PurpleMongoose12

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is not my favorite lip balm. But it's ok but not the best. It's good if your lips are not already chapped...... But I would buy again because they are nice to have around.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/20/2012 5:10:00 PM More reviews by SunnyLeo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The baby lips are nice just to have in case, I am an avid lip smackers girl and came across baby lips when I had run out of my favorite.

Serves its purpose..I am going to try another color just see if they are all the same.

Not giving up yet on baby lips!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2012 2:09:00 PM More reviews by Tartlette

This get an "ok" rating from me - it was ok, but did not wow me. I bought into the hype and went a little crazy when they first came to Canada and bought 3! I have Quench (clear), Pink Punch (pink) & Peach Kiss (peachy nude). Overall I find Baby Lips to not be overly moisturising so for that reason I would not repurchase. They didn't dry my lips out really, but didn't help them either - I noticed no real difference. Quench and Pink Punch were my favourite - Peach Kiss seemed a little gritty to me and not as smooth as the others. I love the pink tint that Pink Punch gave my lips. The scent is divine - Quench smells like something sweet, but I can't put my finger on it - gummy bears maybe? Pink Punch smells like fruit punch and Peach Kiss smells like peach. Love the smell of all 3. So overall not a total "miss", but they didn't wow me either. They might work for you - they are affordable enough to give them a try, but I will not be repurchasing once I finish these up.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/19/2012 8:03:00 PM More reviews by ilovesushi21

This product is okay, but not good enough for me to repurchase. This was the first lip balm that I've actually bought. All the lip balms I've been using are gifts and I get so much that I don't need to buy any. But I really wanted these because of the cute packaging!

So I got this in Cherry Me. I liked that this lip balm wasn't sticky like all the lip balms I've tried. But, this lip balm does not have a taste-- just a scent. I was pretty bummed about that because taste is one of the things I love about lip products (lip balms from bath&body works taste amazing!). At first it made my lips SO DRY. My lips were already so dry, that you can peel them with your fingers. I really wanted to like this product. My friend gave me another one in peppermint. The first time I applied peppermint, my lips were SO SMOOTH unlike cherry me. I don't know why it's like that. After using peppermint, I tried cherry me again, and it wasn't as dry any more. I do have to reapply it a lot throughout the day.

If you are thinking of buying this product though, I'd get the clear ones-- peppermint and quenched. :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2012 5:42:00 PM More reviews by PinkIcing1

I really hate this lip balm. It made my lips feel more chapped, and I found myself reapplying all the time. To be honest, the only thing I like about it is the colorful tube. To make it worse, I got a red rash on the sides of my lips from it! I had to take an expensive trip to the dermatologist to get rid of it!