September 30, 2014 | 1795 users online

Lip Treatments - Maybelline - Baby Lips Lip Balm

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2012 1:05:00 PM More reviews by moilala

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

So, all my friends have these and there are ads everywhere. I decided to get one, "quenched" because my one friend said it was her favourite and had a sweet peach smell. I was so exited to get this because the product promises to actually improve your lips over time! Making them less dry forever. I have full lips, which I consider my best feature but when they're chapped and not pink I just can't. So I bought this and it smells great. Packagings cute too. It was a bit too light/greasy for my personal liking, but it moisturized fully and well. The only thing is, I haven't noticed them becoming less dry over time! So I don't really use this, because it's not a natural formula, has an unpleasantish texture and it has false advertising claims. None of that 90% less dry crap

rated 3 of 5 on 12/16/2012 12:58:00 PM More reviews by maddyvstheworld

I first saw this product being advertised on tv, so I decided to go and get one myself. I was a bit disappointed because my lips didn't look 'babyish' in 4 weeks like it said. But it did kinda make my lips softer.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2012 7:58:00 PM More reviews by Enchantedd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have this is peach kiss. The color is a light peachy coral color and it gives my lips subtle color and shimmer. It soothes my chapped lips and gave them a nice scent. I would like to try out the peppermint and the clear one called "quenched." I have not noticed any improvement to the softness or texture of my lips.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2012 7:46:00 PM More reviews by Jamiebaiibeii

I use a lot of lip balm because my Lips are like almost trained to get dry easily. And babylips are very moisturising and smell nice. They flavours are very similar. So you can barely tell the difference between them. Would definitely get again. Plus they look cute !

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2012 1:36:00 AM More reviews by feliciatjk

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I got this lippy in energizing orange, actually im not a fan of zesty/citrusy scents. But i was very curious about this product, and i bought it. Thanks god the orange smell doesnt last long on my lips and wont bother my nose yipee. The packaging told me this product can renew my lips in just 4 weeks, but the result is a little bit disappointing :(
The texture is not heavy and waxy as the body shop lip balm, but it is a little bit runny and gives my lips a subtle sheen. Definitely wont buy this product again :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2012 11:36:00 AM More reviews by ashmiaka

UPDATE (6/2/13): while i still like these, i'm not as enamored with them as i once was. even though they feel moisturizing while on the lips, i don't find them to be truly moisturizing. it seems that the slickness of the product produces the illusion of moisture... but once the product fades (after 30-45 mins or so with no eating or drinking), my lips are back to its normal state. i mostly enjoy these for the hint of color they give and would repurchase for that reason only.

i have this in the 2 LE shades -- twinkle and coral crush. i have to say, i generally do not like putting on any sort of lip product.. but i quite like these. they smell great, glide on easy, gives and tint of color (esp coral crush), has a great glossy look, and feels moisturizing on the lips. and they're affordable to boot. there really isn't anything bad i can say about these. i only use them as my daytime lip when i'm out and about and my lips feel dry.. so i can't comment on whether long term use causes drying out of the lips. but for as infrequent as i use any lip product, these are amazing to me. would repurchase in a heartbeat.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2012 12:52:00 AM More reviews by forgettingblue

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I tried eos and it wasn't that great! So I just took the 6 month process to finish it and found myself using it just to get rid of it. Now to the point! I wanted to try baby lips and compare, I did, I've had it for a week now, and GOD I love it. I got the limited edition grape vine (blue/ turquoise tube). My lips are so soft but, I am afraid that it doesn't have lasting effects. Yeah feels great and lasts long, but after an hour without it, my lips felt like they did shortly after eos! a bit parched and, well, not kissable at all! I would buy it again until i find something better! Oh and mine smells like one of those barbie lip glosses you would get that came with the doll... very artificial.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/12/2012 7:31:00 AM More reviews by Kahtes

I've seen how popular these baby lips lip balm have been on the web so I decided to drop by Guardian to get it. I bought the tube in pink & blue which was anti-oxidant berry. At the first few days(around3) it made my lips really "baby-ish" and I almost decided to go get the other 3 other tubes that are available in the store. Guess what? luckily I didn't because it made my lips into a worse worse WORSE condition. It peeled & in fact it bleed a little. IT HURTS & it's uh ugly! :( Now I'm just going back to my NIVEA dark blue tube. the one without any SPF & hoping for the best :(

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2012 2:27:00 AM More reviews by Savikins

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Originally saw the advertisement and liked it, so I tried it out. This is an excellent product, especially for the price. The clear mint is hands down the best moisturizing lip balm I've ever used, and I've used countless (Burt's Bees, EOS, Aveda, Yes2Carrots, etc.), and I don't have to worry about losing it or misplacing it because it's so cheap, and I can really get it just about anywhere.
I also have the cherry flavor/color, and it is a very nice and subtle color, although it's not as moisturizing as plain mint. The pink color is nice, but I think it would look better on someone not as fair skinned as me.
The other clear gloss flavor that isn't mint tastes awful to me, like rotten fruits or something. I was excited to try it, but had the wipe it off my lips because the smell/taste was so gross.
I'll keep buying this again and again in mint and cherry!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/8/2012 11:03:00 PM More reviews by mayvalentine100

This product is super cute, I saw an advertisement in Seventeen magazine saying showing all the statistics on how good it is and everything, so I figured why not. Unfortunately, it makes my lips peel alot. Not dramatically, but it just seems like it does more bad than good.I have even tried scrubbing my lips until there is no dead skin on them whatsoever, and my lips still seem to peel up, even just a little. Little cons, but I would think a chapstick should atleast soften and moisturize my lips, which it does not do. I have to reapply so often anyway I have just given up. :[ So sad, it smelled awesome too!