September 23, 2014 | 1745 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2012 4:35:00 AM More reviews by FreeShootingStar

I love this stuff! i bought it because i was just looking for a new eyeliner that wasn't a pencil but wouldn't smudge and let me tell you...it doesn't! some people on here say it does, but i havn't had that problem at all. When i apply it, I do have to say if where you apply it touches your eyelid before it dries, you get a little smudging, but i just make sure it dries before it let it touch my eyelid. It stays on FOREVER! I even accidently left it on over night and it was stil a perfect line by the time I woke up...amazing!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2012 6:04:00 AM More reviews by kf2012

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I usually use liquid liner and this was one of my first forays into the world of gel liner.

I actually find the brush to be good and that's what I use to apply it. The bristles are just the right balance between stiff and flexible. I kept the little plastic tube that came on the brush and keep it on when not in use to protect the bristles. I've had mine for about 3 months now and there's no sign of the gel drying out yet.

The texture of the liner itself is very smooth and moist, but not wet. It feels more creamy to me than gel-like. I can apply a very thin, subtle line with the brush, or I can apply a thick, dramatic line. I also find it easy to do winged liner with this. It takes a few minutes for it to set completely once on the eye, and until then it can be smudged to soften the line.

After it's set, it doesn't budge. With an eyelid primer, it wears all day and doesn't smudge, crease, or fade. Without an eyelid primer, it will still wear well with a very slight amount of fading on my oily eyelids.

This is somewhat water-resistant on me. The majority of it comes off with my cleanser, but to remove it completely, I have to either wash twice (and make sure to give my eye area a thorough rub-down with the cleanser) or use something oily.

I have this in "Charcoal." It's a lovely deep charcoal gray with some shimmer. The shimmer isn't very noticeable unless viewing up close.

This won't replace liquid liners for me, but it's a great product in its own right and a good introduction to gels.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2012 2:59:00 AM More reviews by Chibi12

Excellent gel liner, stays put all day, very black, doesn't smudge or transfer and cheap compared to some other brands, and the liner brush that it comes with is excellent and use it to apply all my gel liners!!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2012 1:21:00 AM More reviews by antynette

This is a really good product, and I was very happy it came with a brush. It's very creamy and easy to put on my waterline, tight line and lash lines. The only con I have is that the waterline only lasts about 2 to 3 hours and it does smudge a bit after about 4 or 5. I will repurchase if I do not find one that is able to last longer. I have been seeing rave reviews about the wet n wild gel eyeliner and will compare.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2012 5:21:00 AM More reviews by bubblesk

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This was the first gel eyeliner I bought, and it's totally converted my into a gel girl. I love how the application is so smooth and easy to apply. You can create so many different looks with ease! Best thing about it though is that it doesn't smudge and lasts the whole day (as opposed to pencils & etc.).
Would definitely purchase it again, and maybe try out the brown version next time.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/12/2012 5:06:00 PM More reviews by vodt512

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This gel eyeliner doesn't stay on as long as I hope it to be. Such a waste of money! So don't purchase it. I recently purchased L'Oreal HIP gel eyeliner and it works like a charm.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/12/2012 3:26:00 AM More reviews by alexis007low

I knew this eyeliner works greatly on a friend of mine but it just doesn't do the same job on my oily eyelids. I mean what the hell!? It even starts to fade a bit after I have applied it on my eyelids. But that isn't the main reason why I dislike this eyeliner. The texture is beautifully made and you can decide whether you wanna wear it lightly and make it blur a bit or wear it heavier like what you see on those commercial girls with thick eyeliners. The price is however, quite affordable. It is about RM45 but I thought its a little pricey due to the quality it brings to me. It lasts me at least 6 hours outside and after a few hours I will see it faded some on the bottom waterline and below the bottom eyelash lines. Luckily, this bad side isn't noticeable. Furthermore, I really dislike the cap! It reminds me of Coke and I thought it is quite weird and less pretty to see in cosmetic (right?). I give the packaging quality 3 mainly because I love the eyeliner brush which comes with this eyeliner. It is nicely made and allows you to draw smooth and thin lines. It doesn't change even after thousand years of washing it and using it again ^,^.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2012 12:48:00 AM More reviews by Limwen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the best eyeliner I have ever used! The smooth, gel formula glides on and it is so easy to get a smooth line and accurate, sharp wings/corner flicks. It lasts well, too, requiring only a slight top up if I need it to look great into the evening. The little pot is nice and it's going to last ages as a little certainly goes a long way (highly pigmented). The only change I would make is to the brush - it needs some sort of protective cap. Otherwise, I love it!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/12/2012 12:41:00 AM More reviews by w0wa

I have this in black and eggplant. I like it...but I don't LOVE it. I have very oily eyelids and nothing ever stays put, ever. This one doesn't smudge SO much compared to pencil eyeliners but I definitely need to touch up after a few hours of wear. In terms of texture, this eyeliner is smooth and glides on easily (I use an angled brush to apply this). I have no complaints about the black one; however I found that my eggplant colour dried up and got a little clumpy after a while?

I find this pretty similar to MAC Fluidline, but I prefer this one because it doesn't dry up as fast (the black one anyway). I would say the staying power is the same as MAC.

Would I repurchase? Maybe, if I can't find anything better. I'm not 100% happy with it but it's probably the best eyeliner I've tried so far (compared to MAC, Urban Decay 24/7, various drugstore, etc.)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2012 9:12:00 PM More reviews by irisng

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

It was my first gel eyeliner. Maybelline gives a decent brush to work with but it's not sharp so it doesn't really give precision edges unless you work with it. It has decent pigmentation but at the end of the day it still rubs off. I wouldn't buy this for ten, rather go for a cheaper alternative with E.L.F. or Wet n' Wild.