Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

3.9

cyclopentasiloxane, propylsilsesquioxane, ceresin, isodecane, cyclohexasiloxane, caprylyl methicone, synthetic fluorphlogopite, silica silyate, disteardimonium hectorite, disodium stearoyl glutamate, propylene carbonate, candelilla wax, caprylyl glycol, aluminum hydroxide, calcium sodium borosilicate, calcium aluminum borosilicate, silica, tin oxide. [ ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499/iron oxides, mica, ci 77491/titanium dioxide, ci 77007/ultramarines, ci 77510/ferric ferrocyanide, ci 77288/chromium oxide greens, ci 77289/chromium hydroxide green, ci 77742/manganese violet, ci 42090/blue 1 lake, ci 19140/yellow 5 lake, ci 77510/ferric ammonium ferrocyanide]

on 4/17/2012 8:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I love it! I have them in brown and black, and I wear the brown one almost every day.

It applies very smoothly and stays for the whole day. It does not smudge either, but I have dry eyelids. The only complain I may have is that the color of the brown one isn't the most intense -- it would be perfect if it was a bit darker!

on 4/17/2012 6:59:00 AM

Love this eyeliner, I'm a devout liquid eyeliner gal but wanted to try something different - this was on offer in my local supermarket so i thought why not?
Best decision ever! I was apprehensive at first - im not the worlds best "eyeliner applying female" and the brush that comes with it made me nervous, but this went on so smoothly i couldn't believe it.
Only con is that after a good few hours it can look slightly smudgy and can imprint on your top lid if you don't let it dry for long enough, but nothing that cant be easily fixed!
So yes, i would recommend this to everyone, even those who arent that confident in applying make up!

If anyone is interested in pictures - i have a picture of the first time i applied it (yes i was that happy with it and it was new year so sh!).

on 4/17/2012 2:42:00 AM

This is a really great gel liner, works fine for what I want and I can get the look I want with it. I haven't had any problems with it drying up or smudging. The reason I wouldn't repurchase this is because I have found a product that does the same thing for much cheaper (especially in Australia) and that is essence

on 4/17/2012 2:20:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Great product, my HG eyeliner and the brush is amazing. Only problem is that if you drop the pot...all hell breaks loose.

on 4/13/2012 11:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this. I've searched perfect gel liner and I found one.

thhis goes smooth and sets perfectly and not smugged.
even bobbie brown or other expensive products smugged after a day and after a year turn into dry so can't use it.
this is inexpensive and working very nicely.

btw I tried Brown and Purple color too, but they were not great as much as black. only Black color works for me

on 4/9/2012 9:23:00 PM

It smudges!

on 4/9/2012 2:54:00 PM

I like this gel eyeliner. I've only tried the black colour, but it has really great pigmentation. It is very black and it's not shiny which I like. It stays on for a long long time, but as it is a gel eyeliner it can smudge, so don't go rubbing your eyes to much or it'll leave a black smeary mess. It's pretty waterproof as well which is nice. I even like the little brush it comes with, it works well enough to apply the product so there's no need to go buy another brush. There are only a few things I don't like about it:
When you first apply it, it can transfer very easily. I like to apply eyeliner to the whole top lash line all the way to the inner corner of the eye, and I find the eyeliner will usually transfer to the bottom lash line in the inner corner. It's easy to remove so it's not a big deal, I just don't like the look and feel like I need to check on my eyeliner a few times to make sure it stays in that area.
It's also kind of a pain to put on. I usually use liquid pen eyeliners because you just need to swipe them over the lash line a few times and you're done. This gel liner takes a lot longer to apply, and it's harder to remove if you make a mistake. It also gumps up my eyelashes so I need to be careful to remove that right away or I might blink and get it all over my eye... Normal liquid liner usually takes me about 1 min. to apply both eyes, but with this it takes me twice or 3 times as long depending on how many mistakes I make.

Other than those few things, I love it! It's way cheaper than other gel liners and works just as good. I actually like it better than the one MAC makes!

on 4/9/2012 6:47:00 AM

I bought this gel liner in mid year of 2011.. I use it almost everyday and im not even halfway done with it! looks like its gnna last me till next year! i love the glass container as it looks high end and its cool that it comes with a brush.. i love this product.. would definitely repurchase

on 4/8/2012 3:20:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I love this gel eyeliner. It's super affordable. But I find that it's not pigmented enough because I have to swipe my brush in the pot several times. Also I recommend using a primer because after 4-5 hours it will smudge terribly.. well especially on oily lids like mine.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Good liner. Good on the water line, which is definitely a plus for a gel liner! Pretty pigmented and super creamy.

Video Reviews & Tutorials