Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

3.9

cyclopentasiloxane, propylsilsesquioxane, ceresin, isodecane, cyclohexasiloxane, caprylyl methicone, synthetic fluorphlogopite, silica silyate, disteardimonium hectorite, disodium stearoyl glutamate, propylene carbonate, candelilla wax, caprylyl glycol, aluminum hydroxide, calcium sodium borosilicate, calcium aluminum borosilicate, silica, tin oxide. [ Ī ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499/iron oxides, mica, ci 77491/titanium dioxide, ci 77007/ultramarines, ci 77510/ferric ferrocyanide, ci 77288/chromium oxide greens, ci 77289/chromium hydroxide green, ci 77742/manganese violet, ci 42090/blue 1 lake, ci 19140/yellow 5 lake, ci 77510/ferric ammonium ferrocyanide]

on 5/12/2012 1:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This was my second gel liner that i purchased, the first one was a brown shade by The Face Shop. and i must say that THIS gel liner IS FAR MORE BETTER than that gel liner. its very pigmented (VERY BLACK) and creamy! it glides on very smoothly. and yes it doesnt smudge and is waterproof. the brush is good as well! overall, i would purchase this again and again. totally worth the money!

on 5/11/2012 11:16:00 AM

I bought this out of curiosity, and considering I usually use liquid eyeliner worth about 3 pounds it was more expensive than I would have liked. However, despite looking like a tiny pot, you don't need much and it's lasted me ages so I think it's well worth the money.
The brush that comes with it works well, although to get the most out of it clean it after each time you use it otherwise the liner will dry solid on the brush and you damage the bristles trying to get it off.
I find that I can get a good straight line, and find it easy to do a winged look. I'm good at using liquid liner anyway, but I think this gel liner is easier, partly because it's less messy and easier to clean up mistakes, so it's perfect for beginners.
One problem I have with it is that it smudges a bit, and I don't have very oily skin. Even if I put powder on my eyelids I still find that it transfers and smudges. Also, it's not as jet-black as I would like. I usually use the gel liner and then go over it with liquid liner, which isn't a waste of time because it leaves me with a super long lasting result that's really black and a really good shape.
Something I do like this for it for my bottom lash line (not the water line though, not sure if you're meant to use it there because it could get into your eye). For my bottom lashes I like the fact that it's kinda smudgy. I don't find that it all rubs off or looks like I have black eyes by the end of the day, which is something that often happens with kohl liners.

So i think this is the same gel liner i bought from Maybelline... my packaging is a little different (black lid) but the names the same so i'm like 99% sure i'm reviweing the right one... anyways i decided to buy this when i ran out of liquid liner. This has pretty much replaced all my liquid liners!!! I love this because it's so versatile. You can wear it on your tightline, or as a shadow base, or just as eyeliner on your lids!!! it lasts ALL DAY LONG. no joke. it's amazing. Barely fades. The things i miss about liquid is the unmatchable intensity and easier application (for me at least). Otherwise i'm really glad i got this. Doesn't dry out quickly like other gel and cream liners do. You don't need a lot of product on the brush either. Summary: good shelf life, amazing versatility, long wear time. <3 <3 <3

on 5/8/2012 9:55:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This was my first gel liner which I bought based on the reviews here as well as the price. My first impression was very positive. It went on smooth, had great lasting power, was easy to apply (comes with own brush which is a plus if you donít have one) and is cheap! After about a year the gel started to dry out and does not apply as smooth as it used to. Nonetheless, I would not let that deter anyone from trying it. Even if it needed to be replaced every 6 months, itís inexpensive so it wonít break the bank.

EDIT: I am revisiting this reviewing and changing the rating from 4 lippies to 5. After some reading I was able to re-moisurize this eye liner and bring it back to its original consistency. I have now been using it for almost 2 years and still have at least 1/3 left. It stays on all day (especially when using a primer--Urban Decay)! Cannot go wrong with this eye liner!

on 5/7/2012 3:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I read the reviews on make up alley before I bought this product, and for someone who very rarely spends more than £5 on a make up product, this was a major splurge for me at £7.99! It does go a long way though, it only looks small but you hardly need to use any. I use it to line my eyelids and my bottom waterline. For someone with oily eyelids and pretty watery eyes, I am impressed with the lasting power of this product! it really does last all day and I haven't found it to smudge at all as others have said it does. And the brush is great but does need washing regularly. The criticism I would give is that I would like the colour to be more intense, despite the fact it is called Intense Black! It is good eneough though and I am sure it would look darker if you applied a few coats. BUY!

on 5/7/2012 11:12:00 AM

I actually LOVE this product. The gel is sooo creamy, and the brush is geat too. However, I do find that the brush hardens with the product overnight so you have to wash it frequently but that problem is solved easily. The colour is so pigmented I bought intense black and yes, it's intense! I wouldn't say it's waterproof because it comes off in the shower but i wouldn't wear make-up swimming, bathing, washing, etc. The colour I find does wear off but that can happen with any other make-up. The costing is a little out of my price range but it's definitely worth it! BUY BUY BUY!

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

i ♥ this.. i'm soo satisfied with the quality AND its not that expensive! unlike bobbi brown and mac. :)

on 5/5/2012 11:17:00 PM

I adore this!! It has a perfectly dark (I use the black color) pigment that really lasts! The formula is very creamy and not runny or too wet or goopy. It goes on very well. I really adore the black shade. I haven't tried the other colors. This is a really really great gel eyeliner. Buy!

on 5/5/2012 10:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I love this stuff. It's my favorite gel eyeliner ever. The compact lasts for so long and is so creamy and easy to use. It lasts for a pretty long time on your eye, but I find that if you put it on your waterline, it will transfer to the corner of your eyes and require a q-tip for touch ups. Besides that, this stuff is great. It's like the Mac Studioline minus the crappy lifespan and expensive price.

on 5/4/2012 4:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am still on my first container of this stuff and I've had it for a loong time. I prefer it over liquid or pen liners. It lasts all day it really doesn't come off or fade until I take it off w/ eye makeup remover. The only thing I didn't like is why I took off one lippie is that it gets too hard when it dries out or maybe I've just had it for that long.. lol I like it creamy so what I do is put it out in the sun for a while or put it high over a very low flame on the stove to warm it up a little then I use it w/ a Sigma E10 or E05 depending on how thick I want the line, set it w/ eye shadow and it's perfect!!