NARS Sheer Glow Foundation

3.7

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Triethylhexanoin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-butyldimethicone Polyglyceryl-3, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Glutamate, Sorbitan Sesquiisostearate, 1-Methyl-Hydantoin-2-imide, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polysilicone-2, Serralysin, Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root Extract, Glucosyl Hesperidin, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Tocopherol, [may contain: titanium dioxide, iron oxides, iron oxides]

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I wanted to like this, I really did. At $55 CDN I expected a lot more. It caked like a mofo on my forehead, no matter how much exfoliating and moisturizing I did beforehand. Since it doesn't come with a pump, I found that I would end up wasting it because I would pour a bit too much on the back of my hand. I ended up exchanging it for MUFE face & body, which I'm loving!

on 4/5/2012 1:03:00 AM

I do like this foundation but it just doesn't work very well with my skin. I have combination skin with an oily t-zone but dryness around my nose. This foundation tends to cling to the dry skin around my nose and it's not a pretty sight. I've tried different methods of applications, shaking the foundation before I apply, using a primer... you name it. It's generally not bad. If I use a primer before I apply, the outcome is much better. I also find that although Sheer Glow is meant for those with dry to combo skin, it doesn't really work that well with dry skin.
The color I use (Deauville) is a good color for those around NC/W 15-20 with neutral undertone. I do find that it runs more yellow than pink so it's better for those with neutral (warm leaning) skin. I have neutral cool skin so I prefer Diorskin Forever (neutral foundation but with more pink) over this foundation.

Before this i was using Bobbi Brown Skin foundation. I liked it and gave it a great review. It was like my skin but better. However, this foundations is like my skin but amazing. I don't know how it makes it glow but it just does and i don't question it. You have to be sure to properly exfoliate when using this because it will highlight any dry patches you may have. I didn't rate it a perfect score because of the lasting power. Its good and lasts the majority of the day but my BB skin was longer lasting. It says sheer glow but this is not sheer coverage. Its medium so all of my light acne scars are covered. It can look streaky but i learned its best applied with fingers and then i blend it with my beautyblender.

One thing i did not like about the foundations was the packaging. It has no pump and you are supposed to just pour some out. I bought the pump separately for an additional $6. but once you put the pump on the cap will no longer fit on.

on 4/3/2012 2:33:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I used Nars Sheer Glow for the first time a week ago and I love it! It goes on my skin very nice and smooth, but you have to be a bit quick, because it will dry fast. I use my Sigma brush to blend it in quickly in circles. It covers up all kinds of stuff! I have a light brown freckly birth mark on my face, and some old acne scars and it makes my face look very even . The color ranges that Nars offer are excellent as well. My bottle actually came with a pump, so I didn't have any problems getting it out. Def recommend the pump. Love it. I will be buying more.

on 4/2/2012 8:58:00 PM

I'm towards the end of my first bottle and I'm in love. When applying my foundation, I also use concealer, powder and also setting powder. This foundation gives me medium, buildable coverage and although I've read a lot about it fadding or become blotchy, that hasn't happened to me yet and I wear this foundation through work, dance and nights out. Honestly, the price tag doesn't bother me too much because you do get what you pay for and I keep seeing amazing results. I don't have many blemishes, but I do have some scarring and this smooths out my skin perfectly. I was prepaired and when ordering this foundation on NARS, I made sure I bought the pump which relieved any agro. But, I would definitely recommend and I will keep repurchasing!

on 4/2/2012 4:31:00 PM

I tried so hard to like this product. I had read tons of amazing things about it, and was convinced to purchase because I do love a lot of NARS products. I purchased Barcelona, but none of the colours seemed perfect for my skin tone. When I first started to use it, I really loved it, but slowly started to notice that all of my papers at school were dotted with little orange fingerprints from MY FACE! I set my makeup and this would get oily and slick off my face, would make my barely oily t-zone look like a freakin mirror by the end of the day. If you are just going out for a couple hours at night, it can work for that but if you want long wear, it doesn't work at all. I now use DiorNude and I am a huge fan of it. Stay away from this foundation ladies!

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

S T A Y----------------------------------------------------------------- A W AY
it irritated the sh*t out of my skin and i always thought i had rosacea or flushed easily. it was this foundation. my skin is not sensitive.
it goes on cakey and matte and turns my face into an orange oil slick with bulletholes for pores by the end of the day. the colors are horrible. the sheer matte is even worse. goes on in pieces and doesnt even cover anything. and i mean anything.
i paid 62 dollars for this in canada.
ive been using the loreal magic smooth souffle in the lightest shade and it is truly amazing and is less than A THIRD of the price.
my skin has never looked better since i stopped using this.
i feel like its made out of bleach and i dont even have sensitive skin!

on 4/1/2012 6:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I actually don't know what I think of this one. When I wear it my boyfriend and work pals compliment me on my skin BUT when I look in the mirror, I just don't really get it. It's ok but I seem to be missing what others are seeing. I also don't really find it lasts that long on my skin.
It's a nice texture and the colour range is good. Being a rather light foundation I will probably use it more now the weather is improving but for the cost (£28) I'm not sure i will repurchase it

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

Being in Europe my selection of cosmetics on hand easily is limited. You would think that euro brands would have lighter shades in their lines. For my experience, this is not the case. Enter Nars Sheer Glow in Siberia. This is almost a perfect match for me. For once my face is the same color as the rest of me. From 3ft away I look like a china doll, which I like. Unfortunately, get any closer and I look like a flaky crater pored monster. My husband swears it's not that bad, but it looks bad in the mirror to me. When I wear this foundation I get compliments from others, even children. I will continue to use it as it's a good color match and it doesn't seem to break me out when used infrequently. If anyone has any tips on how to make this look better close up besides primer or massive exfoliation, I'm all ears!

on 4/1/2012 5:43:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I finally gave in and bought this in Mont Blanc. (I think I'm about NW15.) I love the effect this creates - that lovely 'lit from within' effect but without the melt down I experienced with Lancome Teint Miracle. I use a damp makeup sponge to apply and follow up with the tiniest amount of powder just to set it and after that it lasts surprisingly well, I'm really pleased with the colour match. It feels lovely to apply. The only thing I don't like is that you have to buy a pump separately from the bottle!

Video Reviews & Tutorials