July 28, 2014 | 1616 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2011 6:53:00 PM More reviews by Nawaaari

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This foundation is my favorite so far! i have this really dry skin and i always need to moisturize my skin and use a primer before any foundation i use, but after few hours i feel like my skin is so dry and i feel bad.
after Nars sheer glow i feel my skin i so moisturized the whole day, i never feel dry like before, and they give me a healthy glow and my skin feels so good and i loved this so much.. i'm sure i'm gonna repurchase this product over and over again :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2011 1:21:00 AM More reviews by trinigal

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the worst fondation i have ever tried. First of all there is no glow. This is a matte fondation that left a white cast ( ashy look ) on my skin. It has weight to it as well, i could feel the fondation on my face as i went on with my day. Nars is one of my fav make up brands, so i'm very dissapointed. I tried the shade in macao .

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2011 7:21:00 PM More reviews by malabu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm not sure if it's the color that's wrong or the foundation. The first time I applied it I loved it. But then I noticed how it conceals all the natural glow from my face (coverage is high medium) and makes it look like I'm wearing a pale, orange or yellow mask. It doesn't look healthy. It shines in the wrong places and also tend to look powdery at times. The bottle is horrible because it has no pump so there is a lot of mess and spill. As for the price, it's very expensive!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2011 12:41:00 AM More reviews by lafemmetopaz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is another winning product from Nars. The overall quality of Nars products are exceptional.

I absolutely love this foundation. I tried it via sample at sephora, I tried macao first which was a huge miss for me, way too light. I tried Trinidad which was a perfect match. I gotta hand it to Nars for offering some any shades of foundation for WOC, especially we darker/deeper skin toned WOC. I'm lucky that my undertone is yellow, so Trinidad matched my entire face.

I don't really have an issue with "no pump". You can buy one for $6 at Narscosmetics.com. The product should be "warmed" first before applying it to the face, so I just pour a small amount onto the back of my hand and use my fingers to apply it anyway. This product does look best when applied with fingers. The warming up of the product does help the color blending into the skin.

Overall the color, finish and coverage of this foundation is excellent.

Don't forget to use your sunscreen, all year around. WOC should be using suncreen too :)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2011 9:58:00 PM More reviews by elsong1211

Got this in Deauville, its very moisturising, but it doesn't really give a sheer finish, it more matte when just applied, but as the day progresses, it starts to glow, i guess that is the natural oil as well.

Really dislike the fact that it doesn't come with a pump, its unhygienic and wastes a lot of product.

Would not be re-purchasing even though I like it but its not a WOW product for me and I would like to try something new.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/2/2011 8:37:00 PM More reviews by drewthomsen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

Nice, but not an HG. The finish on me is a bit plain and kind of shiny. I may give it another go this winter, as the color I have is a smidge too pale for my summer tan....but I wish I knew where the above commenter was that she got this product for 4 dollars!!!! My god. As far as the insane hype a year and a half ago over this foundation, it's not that great but it is good...maybe not for the price (unless you got it for 4 then I would say get every shade). Packaging gets a 3 because of the no pump.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2011 12:15:00 PM More reviews by jcandy1

So I bought like 4 of these at a farmer's market for $3-4 each, which is an amazing deal (and yes, it's the real thing). For that price they are awesome as I can mix and match the colours. I do find that my face gets really shiny by the end of the day, so I'm going to save them for winter, where I need a bit of glow. The pump thing is annoying, but honestly, they were so cheap I don't care. I also got a whole bunch of NARS blushers for $3 as well, go discount NARS!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2011 2:04:00 AM More reviews by msimplicity

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Product:
When used alone with a MAC 187, I find it melts and dries my skin - at least it doesn't hydrate enough. But with I mix it with a little MUFE Elixir, I find it gives a porcelain flawless look and doesn't dry out my skin. However, it gives an amazing satin-finish. It gives a nice glow to the skin and brightens your complexion. It covers my tiny blood vessels on my cheeks very well.
Coverage:
Pretty flawless coverage
Packaging:
For one, it's glass so gives a classy look but you risk dropping and breaking it. I didn't get the pump at extra cost so it's hard to manage with no pump. I find myself wasting a lot of the product.
Overall:
I don't really think it's worth the $55 CDN I paid. It's a good foundation but requires a bit of work to stay on for more than 3 hours - even with primer.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2011 10:48:00 PM More reviews by 1somthinsouthern

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I think this is definitely one of the best foundations out there. I have fair, dry, sensitive, rosacea skin so I have a lot of requirements of foundation. The color selection for my skin tone was excellent. I tried 3 colors at sephora ( Gobi, Deauville, and Figi) and actually I could have gone with any of the 3 colors. Ultimately I picked Deauville because it was the most neutral blend of pink and yellow tones. This does not irritate my skin at all....no RED reaction! The foundation has a nice texture not too moist and not too dry somewhere in the middle. It did not add to my dryness. The coverage was in the middle range, still covered redness....but was difficult for others to know I had foundation on as it really makes me look as if I have good skin. I am really surprised how much I like this. Have been on a foundation hunt for some time and I'm really glad I took the time to read the reviews here and try it. I LIKE IT!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2011 2:33:00 PM More reviews by transitnat00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have searched and searched for a really long time for a product that is a match for my skin tone. I have very fair skin with yellow undertones, and it's so impossible to find a foundation that works well and doesn't make me look orange! This foundation is honestly a perfect match for me. I got this in Mont Blanc, which I think one shade up from the lightest shade.
I do have oily skin so I was a little worried about getting a foundation that says 'glow' but it really isn't that bad. I kind of like the dewy look, and if I'm going for a more matte look, then I'll use a little powder on top if I start to look oily.
There are two cons though... the packaging is one. I have to really shake the bottle to get the foundation out, which is a little annoying. Also the top of my bottle doesn't tighten all the way! I can keep twisting it and it won't be fully closed and that worries me that it will somehow come open and spill all over my makeup bag.
The other con is that it makes my skin feel a little sticky after I put it on. I'm getting close to the bottom of my bottle and I just noticed that it takes a lot longer for the foundation to dry and I have to wait to put on powder. This could just be that it's near the bottom and the consistency is different, but it still feels kind of weird...
This stuff is pretty expensive ($42!) but I've had it since April and I'm just now starting to run out, almost 5 months later of daily wear. It also has such long lasting wearability and is such a great color match for my skin that I can rationalize spending that much on a great product. I definitely recommend this!