December 18, 2014 | 1392 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2012 1:36:00 PM More reviews by daydreamatnight

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

So i've used NARS sheer glow for a little over a year now. originally i was matched to barcelona, but when i went back to Sephora to get a new bottle i got matched to syracuse. The foundations I've used in the past are Make Up Forever HD foundation (shade 128), Bare minerals (golden medium), and Clinique's even better. This by far is the best choice if your looking for more coverage because it's buildable but doesn't leave you cakey. If you want the same glow effect with less coverage i recommend Clinques even better, and if you want a foundation that's more Matte with light coverage i recommend the MUFE HD.

Pros: Great coverage, does really good job of covering up acne scars, brightens complection, buildable coverage

Cons: Bottle doesn't have a pump, $42.00

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2011 6:45:00 PM More reviews by dearlynars

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am confident I will be using this foundation for a long time to come. In Australia this foundation retails for $79 which is ridiculous, I buy it from America for around $40 which is cheap relative to the price of a good foundation in Australia.
I cannot fault this foundation. Goes on beautifully and the shade Fiji is a perfect match to my natural skin tone. I focus my application mainly in my T-Zone and I have never had a breakout from it. I pair it with NARS loose powder in Eden and I have Flawless coverage. So pleased I would easily recommend this to anyone! Worth every cent and I feel one million dollars!
If I had to fault it I would say the packaging. I went traveling recently and had the bottle on its side and the product leaked all through the lid of the bottle. A pump lid would of avoided this.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2011 6:36:00 PM More reviews by farrahk

i love every aspect of this foundation apart from the packaging, is it really that hard for nars to include a pump when you already pay enough for the product, that is the least they could do!! anyway attention back to the actual product, the colour match of this foundation has been the best i have ever found, i have tried numerous foundations ; several from chanel, mac etc and none can match this foundation in terms of colour match. i use barcelona for reference and it is absolutely my perfect shade. as i tend to need a light coverage i only tend to use this foundation when i want my skin to look its most flawless ie for special occasions. with the sheer glow i wouldnt quite call it a full coverage foundation though it can certainly be built up to one, it is more of a medium coverage and i apply it with fingers or flat foundation brush either of these methods work fine. as for providing a glow, it does make my skin look a whole lot more healthy so if thats the glow the people at nars are talking about then i see it. the finish of the foundation is more satin then dewy and i do find myself setting it because i can become victim to an oily t-zone sometimes so i always do this step anyway. I'm absolutely in love with this foundation and will repurchase over and over as it just makes my skin the best it can look and subsequent products that i apply just look amazing on top.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2011 4:25:00 AM More reviews by Sarahlovesmakeup12

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Im finally bringing myself to write this review, Nars sheer glow is a amazing product, it makes you look flawless, and let's your natural skin shine though radiantly. I've purchasced this product about 4 times now, but it seemed different every time I repurchased it. I have to say I won't be buying it ever again. Although it makes your skin look amazing, there are some major cons. For one, it's not long lasting at all it will make you look great for maybe a good 3 hours! And it transfers SO easily, it's actually quite embarrassing when you hug a guy and leave him with a nice big orangey makeup spot on his white shirt... There is a great color selection and I found my perfect match, but like I said it seemed to be different when I bought it again. Hope my review helps!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/26/2011 12:14:00 AM More reviews by mckennaxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

When i first picked up NARS sheer glow i was very excited to try it out as there has been a lot of hype about this product and especially with me having dry skin, 'glowy' foundations are a must! I was a little disappointed in this product as it is not that dewy at all... i has a semi-matte finish and my Revlon colorstay is MUCH dewier. However it is a nice foundation, long lasting and provides a good coverage... although definitely not worth £30

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2011 10:18:00 PM More reviews by DBiggs23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using this foundation for a few weeks now. I must say I do like it a lot. I have had minor breakouts here and there but it could be from a vast amount of different products I have been using, it has cleared up now. It is expensive and I was disappointed with the fact there is no pump on the foundation : (. I would buy the product again because the overall quality is great! It provides full coverage with a nice glow!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/18/2011 11:21:00 PM More reviews by DaniRN16

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Before I tried this foundation I had fairly clear skin, minor hormonal breakouts. After I wore this for about a week or so I broke out in terrible spots all over my cheeks and chin. It took about 6 months for my skin to clear up again. When I returned it I was told that this foundation would never be the cause of a breakout. I can't say for sure that this was the cause of my breakout but I'm certainly not willing to find out by ever trying it again : (

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2011 12:18:00 PM More reviews by perfectweeangel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

So far so good with this foundation.Only been using it a few days and i luv it.I love the feel of it when i apply it , i use the nars primer with spf first lasts all day my makeup looks fresh and feels lightweight.The colour deauville is spot on a nice neutral colour i use nars concealer and nars sex appeal blush the finish look is flawless ,holy grail for sure .

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2011 9:14:00 AM More reviews by Obsessedwithperfect

Adore this, previously I was wearing Studio Fix fluid and I can definately see a huge improvement in my skin texture, radiance, luminosity and I find it more effective at covering rosacea (facial redness) than SFF.

So what I really think this foundation is amazing for is skin types which have uneven pigmentation, facial redness, but a good texture and the result is perfect, the lady at the NARS counter was raving at how highly pigmented the foundation was which really made it sound appealing, after using a sample for a week (the tub she gave me was tiny but lasted for ages) I am definately ordering this.

There is something about the texture/finish which looks, so, good? I cannot explain why it looks this way, it is more forgiving under harsh/unflattering lighting than foundations with a similair level of coverage.

Also, I have oily skin, which this foundation isn't primarily suited towards but I will definately make a sacrifice for this.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/14/2011 1:27:00 PM More reviews by geribabe3

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Sooo disappointed! Was matched to Deauville, but I felt that was slightly too light for my fair skin, but that wasn't really the problem. Wow, suddenly I had the most gigantic PORES and flakies that turned into SCALES. Even the MUA was taken aback - and this was over the NARS primer! Sheesh. A heavy layer of foundation powder over the top helped a little, but this was a no sale for me. After the hype, my expectations were just too high.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No