Make Up For Ever Face & Body Liquid Make Up

4.1

Ingredients (new formula): aqua, hydrogenated polyisobutene, sorbitan sesquioleate, cyclopentasiloxane, methylpropanediol, glycerin, butylene glycol, mangifera indica seed oil (mango seed butter), acrylates/C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, tetrasodium EDTA, fragrance, PEG-8, phenoxyethanol, tromethamine, potassium myristate, chlorphenesin, methylparaben, propylparaben, caprylyl glycol, sodium polyacrylate, panthenol, hexyl cinnamal, limonene, citronnellol, geraniol, butylphenyl methylpropional, linalool, alpha-isomethyl ionene. May contain: CI 77891 (titanium dioxide), CI 777493 (iron oxides), CI 77492 (iron oxides), CI 77499 (iron oxides). Ingredients (old formula): aqua, mineral oil, sorbitan sesquioleate, cyclopentasiloxane, phenoxyethanol, acrylates/C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, triethanolamine, magnesium myristate, tetrasodium EDTA, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance. May contain: titanium dioxide, iron oxides.

on 2/26/2009 1:57:00 AM

I've long been a fan of this base, probably cause I prefer a more liquid-like fondation, and this one has the gel like consistency which is great in the way it smoothes on very easily. I also like that I can use a lot or a little bit of product as I need it. With other brand foundations, I always notice that you can very easily use too much and look cakey, but not this one. It does not leave that "makeup" look on your skin, so guys can wear it too and not worry about looking like a guy who wears base on his face. It just makes your skin look as good as it can, I think it evens out skin tones, it covers a little, but if you need a good coverage, it's best you use concealer w/ it.

I use #20 ivory, I am fair, and this shade is just a tad darker than I am, but it gives me a natural looking smooth tan-like glow; and as long as I blend it well, it's not an issue of being too dark. I don't like a foundation that makes my face all pale or almost white. If you are super pale (like Kelly Osbourne or Nicole Kidman) you might want to chose another shade that's lighter.

Here's some pics on my myspace page, I am wearing this foundation :

This is the main page, you can click on pics, I'm wearing this makeup in both pics

on 2/20/2009 1:23:00 AM

This foundation is excellent for girls that are looking for something light. The foundation goes on light yet is extremely build able. It blends in seamlessly, and provides the skin with a healthy natural glow. The consistency is slightly irregular but does a great job of going on evenly and never builds awkwardly in sections with blemishes or dry areas.
The bottle also lasts for a long time. The only bad comment I have for this product is that during the hotter, summer months it can become slightly greasy on the face and did cause a few small blemishes; however, during our current cold weather I find this foundation to be extremely pleasing providing light coverage, a healthy glow, great blend ability, and a formula that actually benefitted my skin.

on 2/16/2009 3:14:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

This didn't work for me. I got a sample from Sephora. I couldn't even tell you what color because it wasn't written down. Oh well. This is a strange gel-like consistency foundation. It was actually a little bit more coverage than I was expecting, based on what other people said. I usually like a sheer coverage for everday looks. Okay, so this foundation does not seem to be for people with my skin type: Very Oily. I applied a light layer, but it seemed to stay sticky even after I set it with powder. I had breakthrough oil very early in the day. Yeah, not a fan. Maybe if you're skin is on the drier side it would work. I gave it two lippies because it probably would work on another skin type and the coverage was nice for when I want something heavier than normal. On a side note (I didn't factor this into my ratings) the sample I got congealed into a little wiggly ball. When I tried to separate it with my brush it broke up into little balls of goo. It was disgusting. I'm sure this doesn't happen when you have a full-sized bottle and shake it every once in a while. I did not like this consistency.

on 2/13/2009 12:11:00 AM

I just bought this, and I LOVE it! SO smooth and non-oily yet hydrating. Really smooth look all-over. Not the thickest coverage, which is ok, because like I said, it's smooth. I just use a spot concealer underneath. LOVE IT!!!! My skin feels great with it on! And it seems to last.. I use a MAC brush to apply, no qualms at all! :)

on 2/10/2009 5:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

how much i wanted to love this foundation after reading all the great reviews? unfortunately i got break outs from it. i was matched to the shade 18 at the store but it turned out to be too dark for me later. i didnt like the finish of the foundation too , it was not as dewy or satiny as i expected it to be. what i prefer is a natural flawless look but this foundation gave me a cakey ,fake look & also enhanced every pore on my face not to mention the horrible break outs. returned it to sephora .

on 2/9/2009 10:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I actually just had an SA from Sephora apply this for me to try out (in 20, I think? Whatever was lightest and cool). I never, ever wear a liquid foundation, or anything on my skin, because of how sensitive it is. I also don't like how most foundations look on people. It was the best of the 6-7 brands we tried out, but I'm still on the fence. It looks good, but I can feel it. My skin feels a bit tingly or itchy. It hasn't reacted yet, and I hope it doesn't. Once I get my skin in better shape, I will retest my sample and see what I think.

on 2/9/2009 5:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I ordered this online from Sephora and made a very lucky guesstimate shade wise based on reviews here. I really wanted to love this but I don't think MUFE f & b and I are very compatible. It has a lovely light yet buildable finish and the color match was wonderful. It's more liquidy/goopy than my other foundations but still workable obviously. It also has a slight scent to it but that doesn't bother me either.

Unfortunately it is breakout city for my face. I'm pretty suprised because I'm not breakout prone and no other foundation has done this to me. I thought perhaps it was something else I've been using but this is my only new product I've been applying the past few days. Back to Sephora it goes.

**EDIT**
Recently repurchased this after suspecting a scented laundry detergent might be to blame for my breakouts. Switched back to a hypoallergenic one, repurchased f & b, and lo & behold, no breakouts. :) This is one is a definite winner. I'm enjoying switching back and forth between this and MUFE HD although I think I prefer HD a bit more due to the coverage. It's nice to have a little bit of selection as far as foundation coverage.

For reference #32 Alabaster Beige was a great match (pretty yellow toned shade but works for my skin). I am Shell (30) in Chanel T.I. Liquid, 30 in DiorSkin Forever, 127 in MUFE HD, #3 in GA FF, and around NC25-30 in MAC. Combo skin that is not typically breakout prone.

on 2/8/2009 7:13:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is the first foundation I paid for with my own money (I've been using mom's foundation and tinted moisturizer as I usually go by without makeup...not that I have great skin though)....and I don't regret!!! It's worth every penny, as it gives me the dewy, naturally-glowing look I desired. When sunlight reflects on my face, it really accentuates my complexion! I have dry skin with a hint of eczema on my face (reddish, dry patches), so with the foundations I'd been using, I would look flat, dull, and flaky. But this..! This refreshes the look of my skin in such a natural way, and naturally evens out my totally uneven skin tone. Previously my skin tended to feel really dry and tight once the foundation had dried, and I was NOT satisfied with my face in the mirror after a few hours. But with this product, the watery texture I feel during application may dry up, but I am still left with glowy complexion without my dry patches showing up. Yeah, it doesn't cover up my acne scars very well, but I expected that before purchasing. I intended to use it only for light touch-up on my normal school days so I have no problem with that- in fact, I like the natural, light cover. My only problem with this - although not major, and totally on my fault - is that I chose a shade (#34) darker than my yellowish dark asian skin (because it looked so perfectly natural when I tried it under the lighting of the store!!), and now I look like i have tanned skin when I apply 2 or more layers (oh, almost forgot to mention that it's completely blendable so you can build up your coverage)!!! But I don't plan on returning it because I will usually be applying only one layer of it, and this shade may actually come in handy once the sun starts to shine here in Toronto. But just for the sake of versatility, some time soon I may get another bottle with a lighter shade..maybe #32. I can't comment on its ability to last long on face, since I've only been wearing it for 3-4 hours each time. Overall, I really like this product and I can already tell i will be wearing it for years to come. I'm already falling in love with MUFE with my very first purchase.

I'm a NC20-25 in MAC and I find the 32 to be a great match. This is a gel like foundation with light to medium buildable coverage. I like this foundation, it gives my face a dewy, even finish. Sucks that it doesn't come with a pump, anyway I shake the bottle really well, pour a very small amount on my mixing dish, swirl with a foundation brush and apply. I noticed it blends well and gives my face an even almost perfect look when I use my fingers (clean of course) than blending it with the brush or sponge.

on 1/24/2009 6:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

After reading the reviews for this I thought I would like it but I am so dissapointed! When I put it on I expected a nice warm glow but ended up with a flat, patchy finish that eventually bled into every crease and aged me beyond belief! Oh my gosh what a dissapointment! I also can feel some zits coming on too. Not happy.